Page 86 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788961361865861086 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by KateS View Post
    Their music is oddly catchy, but what I really can't stand is how ugly Lady Gaga is--really, have you looked at her face? I believe that's why she does the flashy costumes and all that makeup...she's hoping people won't notice. And I think it's working. LOL
    Awww that's sad!

Yea, she's not too good looking. But the alternative - having gorgeous fake pop stars who can't even lip synch correctly... is even worse, IMO. At least Lady Gaga is showing girls that you don't have to be a stunning beauty to be taken seriously for your musical talent.

Quote Originally Posted by dana_renay View Post
    I confess that I have been lurking in Secular for a long time, and you ladies have the best confessions.

I also confess that even though I left Christianity a long time ago, and I DEFINITELY don't believe anymore, I have recently been feeling the urge to go back because I quit contact with many of my Christian friends, and I miss them but I don't have much in common with them anymore.

I also confess that I probably should not be hanging out or posting on APA now anyway, because my SO and I have been having relationship issues and TTC has turned into "hoping to maybe concieve someday"....I keep hoping we'll get back on track, but things continue to devolve.
    Welcome!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

I confess that every Wednesday for the past month a former BFF and I have met at the gym, worked out together, and then we each go to our own homes to shower, change, etc., and then meet out for lunch and spend the afternoon together with our kids. This friend is Jewish. And for the past month, she's been making comments on Wednesday's when we're out and we see a Muslim woman. She jabs me and says "look Jenny there are some of your people." This morning when I called her to confirm she was coming (it was pouring rain) she made a comment about me praying to Mecca. And today at MOSI we must have seen a dozen Muslim women (we have a large Islamic population due to our university and MOSI is right across the street) so everytime we saw one...I got a comment. I'm over it. WWYD?

What I said didn't exactly come out right--
    I don't mind the fact that she's not really attractive, it just bugs me that she tries to be all sexy and stuff to make up for it when really I'd love it if she took the flashy clothes and makeup off and was just herself. I like her music. She opened for the new kids when I had no idea who she was, so my friend and I skipped the opening acts, and now I regret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    Awww that's sad!

Yea, she's not too good looking. But the alternative - having gorgeous fake pop stars who can't even lip synch correctly... is even worse, IMO. At least Lady Gaga is showing girls that you don't have to be a stunning beauty to be taken seriously for your musical talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I confess that every Wednesday for the past month a former BFF and I have met at the gym, worked out together, and then we each go to our own homes to shower, change, etc., and then meet out for lunch and spend the afternoon together with our kids. This friend is Jewish. And for the past month, she's been making comments on Wednesday's when we're out and we see a Muslim woman. She jabs me and says "look Jenny there are some of your people." This morning when I called her to confirm she was coming (it was pouring rain) she made a comment about me praying to Mecca. And today at MOSI we must have seen a dozen Muslim women (we have a large Islamic population due to our university and MOSI is right across the street) so everytime we saw one...I got a comment. I'm over it. WWYD?
    Tell her the truth?
    I mean I would get irritated real quick by that.

And I confess that I have "Love Game" by Lady Gaga on my iPod just beacuse she says "I want to take a ride on your disco stick."
    Last edited by Rin; 07-02-2009 at 09:02 AM.
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

What I said didn't exactly come out right--
    I don't mind the fact that she's not really attractive, it just bugs me that she tries to be all sexy and stuff to make up for it when really I'd love it if she took the flashy clothes and makeup off and was just herself. I like her music. She opened for the new kids when I had no idea who she was, so my friend and I skipped the opening acts, and now I regret it.
    Ahh, I see what you meant. Maybe she just likes to be all sexy and edgy and push the envelope? I think I read somewhere it's part of her "artistic vision", lol Flashy clothes are such a Madonna/Brittney/Beyonce thing, I guess you can't be a Queen of Pop without em

Jenny... I'm impressed that you haven't made some sort of comments or stink about this yet. I'm not sure what part of this bothers me more - the fact that she shallowly assumes working at a Muslim school means an immediate conversion, or the fact that with each little comment, she's basically slipping in a little personal anti-Muslim dig. The next time she says something, I'd probably respond, calmly, just to see her reaction. If she turns it into something negative and hateful, I'd probably find a new buddy.

shutterbird Guest

Nope, just don't like the music.

I confess that I'm thinking about joining a UU congregation to make friends.
    Children: Me - 2 (19 & 14); DH - 2 (32 & 30); working on OUR first! Both tubes are confirmed open!!
    Make an ovulation ticker

Ok, i'm a secret lady gaga and katie perry fan. I hate to admit that I actually like them, but "love game" is one of my favorite songs out right now, and that "waking up in vegas" by katie perry is stuck in my flipping head at this very minute. UGH. And I also hate to admit I like "the climb" by Miley Cyrus. Alot. Hate to admit to that one. BUT I have noticed from SNL that Katie Perry SUCKS live, and so did Lady Gaga on American Idol. Bad nights maybe?

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

11. Default

Who wants to hear what my in-laws decided to b!tch about tonight?!?!

I confess they told us to make a grocery list so they could get us some food for this weekend. We put cereal on there, and FIL says "We don't need cereal. There are cheerios in the cupboard."

*Mind you, we have been eating nothing but cheerios for 3 weeks, as they bought 3 boxes at Costco, and told us they weren't buying more until the cheerios were gone. We opened the last bag this morning.*

SO DH tells him that we opened the last bag, and FIL says "Well we are going shopping again when we get back from our trip (They'll be gone thurs-sun). You guys aren't going to eat a whole thing of cheerios in 3 days are you!?"

sBIL eats practically nothing BUT cereal, so DH says "Depends on how hungry Bradley gets"

and the gem -- "Cereal is a BREAKFAST food only! Not a snack on all day food!" Coming from the man who comes home from work, and pours a huge cup of cereal and milk for a snack!!!!!!!!!!

WTF FIL!?

Quote Originally Posted by queenj919 View Post
    I confess that I'm thinking about joining a UU congregation to make friends.
    Do it! That's why I went back to mine! (and created a recruiting group, LOL)
    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    Ok, i'm a secret lady gaga and katie perry fan. I hate to admit that I actually like them, but "love game" is one of my favorite songs out right now, and that "waking up in vegas" by katie perry is stuck in my flipping head at this very minute. UGH. And I also hate to admit I like "the climb" by Miley Cyrus. Alot. Hate to admit to that one. BUT I have noticed from SNL that Katie Perry SUCKS live, and so did Lady Gaga on American Idol. Bad nights maybe?
    I like the climb, too, and waking up in vegas. I haven't seen Lady Gaga live, but I saw a horrible performance on tv by Katy Perry. MTV or something. Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    WTF FIL!?
    Yeah... it's those moments that make you wanna ask someone "What the hell is going on in your head right now?" Sorry babe. I'd run over and give you some of my 100 boxes of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios/Count Chocula/Cookie Crisp if you were closer.

Ok is Miley Cyrus the original artist of "The Climb"?
    I could have sworn that a guy did it...

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess I can't stand Lady Gaga or Katy Perry.

I confess I think I'm in the minority.
    I don't even know who they are! I feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by dana_renay View Post
    I confess that I have been lurking in Secular for a long time, and you ladies have the best confessions.
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    She jabs me and says "look Jenny there are some of your people." This morning when I called her to confirm she was coming (it was pouring rain) she made a comment about me praying to Mecca. And today at MOSI we must have seen a dozen Muslim women (we have a large Islamic population due to our university and MOSI is right across the street) so everytime we saw one...I got a comment. I'm over it. WWYD?
    I would say something, the next time she does it. Point out that you've noticed that she has been making a lot of comments about your new Muslim ways, and would like to know if your teaching at a Muslim school bothers her as much as her frequent comments bother you?

Maybe she thinks she's being funny, but perhaps deep down she's uncomfortable and racist. Or not-so-deep-down. On the other hand, you may be able to spread a little peace and understanding, so maybe she just needs some education.

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    Jenny... I'm impressed that you haven't made some sort of comments or stink about this yet. I'm not sure what part of this bothers me more - the fact that she shallowly assumes working at a Muslim school means an immediate conversion, or the fact that with each little comment, she's basically slipping in a little personal anti-Muslim dig. The next time she says something, I'd probably respond, calmly, just to see her reaction. If she turns it into something negative and hateful, I'd probably find a new buddy.
    I completely agree here. The negativity and anti-Muslim (anti-ANYTHING) sentiment would wear on me, especially since it sounds like it's every time you see her. I would say something to her and yeah, if it blows up, it's time to find someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    I confess I know neither of these people. Oh, I've vaguely heard of Lady Gaga, but have no idea what any of the music sounds like or what they look like.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

17. Default

I confess my back hurts this morning..

I confess I also had some BH (I think) and I thought they weren't supposed to be painful???

I confess I am scared about Audrianna switching to regular milk, because I am scared she won't get enough to eat..... She does eat more solids than I realize.. (She ate a hot dog, and half a chicken breast, plus a piece of bread for dinner last night) but for some reason I'm still scared... It's an unknown to me...

I confess I can't keep my ****ed pants up today. We're being rebels and wearing jeans to work. I have the cutest pair of capri jeans with a cuff at the bottom and THEY'RE TOO BIG!

Tred says I shouldn't complain - it could be worse, they might not fit. Being too big is a much nicer problem. And I agree. But I can't keep my pants up!

I confess I just need to take my sewing machine to be serviced as a couple of tucks at the waist and I'd be soo much happier.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess I can't stand Lady Gaga or Katy Perry.

I confess I think I'm in the minority.
    I confess I am in the minority with you.

2/09 6/09 4/14 9/14

Their music is oddly catchy, but what I really can't stand is how ugly Lady Gaga is--really, have you looked at her face? I believe that's why she does the flashy costumes and all that makeup...she's hoping people won't notice. And I think it's working. LOL
    hehehehe I dont know someone mentioned this one-

I missed it, but Justin Timberlake was on SNL singing a song he wrote called "Mediocre Face" - She was really ticked off about this and must have raised a stink. I think that is why I cant find it on YouTube.

How about..."Do what works for you" parenting

Quote Originally Posted by Maur View Post
    hehehehe I dont know someone mentioned this one-

I missed it, but Justin Timberlake was on SNL singing a song he wrote called "Mediocre Face" - She was really ticked off about this and must have raised a stink. I think that is why I cant find it on YouTube.
    That skit was HIL-arious!!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Aelith, I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know how you feel about it being brought up here, but I have been thinking about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Aelith, I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know how you feel about it being brought up here, but I have been thinking about you.
    Big big (((hugs))) Aelith.

I loveeee Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.

I saw Lady Gaga live a year ago and she was AWESOME.

She's a little odd though. But, I love their music.

shutterbird Guest

Oh hon I'm so sorry.

26. Default

I confess DH's interview is in an hour and a half! CROSS YOUR FINGERS LADIES!!!!! (and dude)

shutterbird Guest

I confess I'm annoyed. Seriously, this boutique owner is driving me batty. She wants to print my photos for her flyers but she didn't pay me a dime. So SHE is going to make money off of MY photos when I didn't get a dime. Yeah, it irks me. It's not like I'll be getting more clients from it either - her target area is nearly 2 hours away. Totally pisses me off. I also got an e-mail begging for me to make an exception. Jesus, I am SO tired of people wanting everything for free. Sooooooo tired!

On a more positive note, I got a $100 tip from one of my awesome repeat customers. Totally unexpected and definitely needed. I love her!

28. Default

I confess I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of sMIL! OMFG!
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...post1056347006

I confess this is a big juicy one. Someone I haven't talked to in a couple years just added me on facebook. Apparently he just joined. We used to be coworkers and he had a huge crush on me. He told me he loved me. This is when I was engaged to DH. I had a bit of a crush on him too and we had some fun with it. I believe we had what was called an emotional affair. I was considering leaving DH (then fiance) because this guy made me doubt my feelings for DH so much. This guy is also born again Christian and we had many heated debates about that. And yet I added this bucket of drama back into my life.

I need help. I can't wait for him to tell me what's new, and to see if he still carries a torch for me. LOL

30. Default

Along those same lines Kate...

I confess that I have not talked to the guy that had me so confused a few months ago since we said we'd be NOTHING more than friends.

I confess I saw him online yesterday and battled myself with whether I should message him or not. I sent a "Hey" and didn't get a message back. I assumed it was because he still felt awkward about the situation.

I got online today and found a message in my inbox from him apologizing for not writing me back, he was watching a movie. Then he proceeded to ask how my summer was going, etc. We have been messaging back and forth all day.

I am glad to confess that things seem to be back to normal between us, and I would much rather have things that way, than us not talk at all.