Page 851 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3517518018418498508518528538619019511351 ... LastLast
Results 25,501 to 25,530 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I Christmas. I love giving to my kids, family & close friends. I don't really buy a whole lot all year long. With the exception of school clothes and birthdays, my kids hardly ever get anything. I give it all to them at Christmas. I doubt I spend any more than anyone else in our income bracket when you count what people purchase all year long...the only difference is my kids wait for "Santa" to bring it. And yeah, we do Santa here. It's fun and even my older kids loved that part of their childhood so much they're all on board to do it for Conner as well. Bobbie said she'll cry the day Conner realizes that Santa isn't real.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Awww poor Apple. I don't know much about cats but she sounds like a really sweet one.

Cosmo isn't very aggressive and has been a more submissive dog. But she also doesn't put up with too much crap from other dogs. She doesn't want to but she will show her place with a little growling, teeth, bark. Course I wouldn't let Molly really go after Cosmo....it's all that playful pouncing that puppies do. It will be a long time before they are left alone together....Cosmo was crated when we weren't home until she was like 2 years old.
    But I also want the puppy to make Cosmo move around more. I was like Cosmo, meet your new weight loss plan.

We definitely knew we wanted the submissive pup of the litter...especially being that we were going with two girls which I hear tends to be the worst combo gender wise but just didn't want a boy dog....there was one girl that was super cute in her markings but she was a pup with ADD and was instigating all kinds of trouble with the others. Cosmo definitely should be the pack leader and I think that it will work out that way. We also help it out when we can...Cosmo gets said hi to first, she gets treats first, she gets to sleep in the bed and not a kennel...

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I'm still sleep-deprived and cranky. Baby S. is better than he was last weekend, but just barely. He's still waking up and crying all night. I had been awake off and on all night with him and stumbled out of bed to take care of him and the rest of the kids at 5:30 am. DH slept in until 8:30, so three hours later than I did, even though he didn't get up with the baby. We had all breakfasted, gotten dressed, been to Target and back by the time he got up. Baby S. is still coughing so much he vomits a couple of times a day. He threw up on me at the zoo yesterday from a coughing spell. I left with Baby S. from the zoo because it was his nap time, and dh was going to stay out with the twins. I decided I was going to take my second nap since the twins were born because I was so tired and cranky and because I had puke all over me and I just needed to decompress.

Five minutes after I got home, dh and the twins got home. He said he brought them home because he was trying to decide what to do with the rest of the day and they just wouldn't be quiet and let him think. So I made them lunch and entertained them, and dh went back to try to get baby S. to stop crying. It turned out that baby S. slept for 3 hours, and when I finally went back there to change my clothes for a birthday party, I found dh napping too. That means with the three hours in the morning, he managed to sleep about four hours more than I did, and that is without getting up all night. I was so bummed. I am usually able to be happy for other people's good fortune, but this time it seemed to be at the expense of mine.

I'm trying not to be resentful about it. Last night I told him it was his turn to get up, and I had him get up once or twice, but I still was awake for two hours in the middle of the night trying to console the baby. The twins are still mildly feverish and coughing and still whiny and fighting a lot, too, so I'm not at my best to handle their behavior.

L. I totally would have been resentful of dh's nap.

L I would've be resentful as well... and probably pushed him out of bed

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    We definitely knew we wanted the submissive pup of the litter...especially being that we were going with two girls which I hear tends to be the worst combo gender wise but just didn't want a boy dog....
    That's a good move on your part. B*tch fights tend to be the WORST. It's funny you guys don't want a boy dog. All my future dogs will be boys. As somebody smarter than me said 'Dogs have rules, B*tches have amendments'.

Cute pup, BTW. Cosmo is wearing that long suffering look already.

L, I'm sorry; I wish you'd had a little more help from your DH over the weekend. Let's hope health is on its way for your whole family.

Jennifer, I'm sorry. I didn't realize Cosmo was a she-dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    That's a good move on your part. B*tch fights tend to be the WORST. It's funny you guys don't want a boy dog. All my future dogs will be boys. As somebody smarter than me said 'Dogs have rules, B*tches have amendments'.

Cute pup, BTW. Cosmo is wearing that long suffering look already.

That is a funny quote. Cosmo was our first girl...we both grew up with only boy dogs. And we have really liked having a girl. Plus we use a litter box and it just seems like it's easier to have squatting vs leg lifting. Boys to us at least some more independent and we like clingy dogs.

cosmo tends to be a peacekeeper too. My MIL was at my parents with her dog once and their older dog wasn't really a fan of other dogs so much...though he had grown to like Cosmo. So she actually went between them and got them to stop. It looked like she was telling them, you are my friend and you are my friend so knock it off.

OMG L, and I was feeling sorry for myself and lack of sleep. That is amazing that you didn't push him out of bed. I really hope that everyone starts feeling better very soon.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Jennifer, I'm sorry. I didn't realize Cosmo was a she-dog.

My bad for giving her a boy name. Everyone thinks she is a boy. She was going to be named Pandora or Pandy but the night we got her home, she thought maybe she was a he and we got the wrong dog. I didn't realize that girls have a little bit outside and thought maybe on boy puppies they just had tiny weeny ones. So I started trying to find another name and said Cosmo and she just perked right up. The vet tech laughed at us for not realizing she was a she (and now I feel the same way...how could we think she might be a he? LOL) but cosmo was already starting to know her name so it stuck.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I think it could be a girl name...I always think of the drink when you say Cosmo, and a Cosmo is girly and pink.

This has been one heII of a day. I need a drink, but with DH out of town, it's probably a bad idea.

Some friends of ours have a German Shepherd also named Kosmo, named after Kramer on Seinfeld.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    This has been one heII of a day. I need a drink, but with DH out of town, it's probably a bad idea.
    You could tell us about it. Maybe we could be your substitute gin and tonic.

Sorry to hear about your rough one, Suja.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Some friends of ours have a German Shepherd also named Kosmo, named after Kramer on Seinfeld.
    My parrot is named Cramer after Kosmo Kramer. I liked the spelling with a C better though.

I'm glad I don't have any preconceived notions about what a dog's personality will be like. I've had the sweetest, most lovable female dogs in the world. One was a german shepherd (Max) that looked ferocious, but she was as gentle as a kitten.

Let's see. Since DH is not home, I fed Mira her breakfast. Required a little cajoling but not bad. Then she asked for water, which I gave in a sippy. Turn to put the dishes in the sink, turn around, and she has taken off the top and spilled water all over herself, the chair and the floor. Clean up, costume change, we're a little late, but dropped her off at the daycare. We needed luggage for the upcoming trip, and DH and I had discussed what to get. Since my appointment with Mira's school left me an extra 30 minutes, decided to go buy it. Went to the school, the observation went GREAT, I'm ready to sign up ... No slots open in Jan anymore, and just one in Feb.

Rushed home, filled out the paperwork, put together the documents needed, got caught up on some work email, checked on the personal email, and the place where the dogs had been boarded previously can't find their files, and because of their age, the length of stay, etc. needs to do a meet and greet. This place is in the boonies, easily 1.5 hours each way, so had to try and schedule that for later in the week. Realized at that point that they need new Bordatella shots (not something I ordinarily give), so scheduled a vet visit for Wednesday to take care of that. Picked up the kid, went to the new school, dropped off the paperwork. The classroom was open at that point, so we went in, and Mira loved it. So much she didn't want to go home.

Minor meltdown later, we're on the way home, and in my rear view mirror, I can see that she's holding her milk upside down and shaking it all over, saying 'Aye Aye Aye, Paru!' over and over again. I pull over at the first possible opportunity, grab the cup out of her hand, and she had pushed the soft part of the top in just enough to create a leak, and we're missing about 7 ounces of milk. She's screaming for milk and pitching a fit. We get home, and sure enough, milk everywhere. Cleaned up, but not nearly well enough, and now I'm sure the car will be smelling like spoiled milk come tomorrow.

She loves noodles, so I made some for dinner so the nanny can feed her without any major fits, so I can finally get to processing payroll (due tomorrow). Sure enough, screaming in the background. 'NO, NO, MAMA!!MAMA!!'. Finish up work as quickly as I could, fed her dinner, fed the dogs with her "help", sat down to eat my first meal of the day. One dog at my feet chewing, kid standing next to the dog going 'Paru, don't step on the doggie'. WHILE ATTEMPTING TO DO EXACTLY THAT. She was trying to stand on the dog, not listening worth $hit, and ended up in her first timeout ever.

I actually brushed my teeth with the kid so I wouldn't be tempted to drown my day in a bottle of bad wine. Oh, and icing on the cake - the luggage I bought this morning? Exactly 4 inches larger than it should be. So now, I get to return it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Suja; 11-14-2011 at 07:53 PM.

CAUTION: DH Rant (keep scrolling for no b!tching)

Okay, tonight tried my hand at letting DH go grocery shopping. I gave him a specific amount of money, a list and some coupons. Of course he called me around 6 times during the course of the shopping trip. On the last call I said I would just stay on the phone since he doesn't know how to read a list. I told him if he had enough left over to get a turkey if not don't worry about it. Why the heck did he get a turkey and when he got to the check out he didn't have enough so put back half of the groceries for a week, keeping the freaking turkey!!! Now we don't have enough groceries for the week to eat. He also bothered me about getting $40 even though he already has money from his allowance. I was nice and gave it to him because I didn't want to talk to him as he didn't follow my directions now I am pissed I gave him the $40 even though he said he'd give it back. It is our trip money for Disney as I have to take all the money out of the account or he'll transfer it over before I know it and I need to save at least $600 a month for the next few months in order to have everything paid for.

I am so sick of him being so childish in this way. He also just told me yesterday that he needs $300 for his brother's wedding next week. I asked him why the heck didn't he say he would need $300 for his brother's wedding last month when I asked him very directly how much he would need for his brother's wedding. He said $100. I gave him $100 and of course he spent it. I am usually not one for an argument but I really don't have another $300 to give him so he can blow it on getting drunk and looking at strippers at his brother's bachelor's party and wedding. We all were actually suppose to go to his brother's wedding but he b!tched about how he would miss the bachelor party if he didn't go 2 days sooner so I was just like forget it (I didn't have that many PTO days to take from work), we'll stay and you go since the bachelor party is more important to you than the wedding and having your family attend.

I am just in a crappy mood lately. I think I will be in a crappy mood for the rest of the week and make his life miserable for a while, and be a little childish myself. I wanted to send my brother $50 for getting married and haven't been able to because DH keeps needing money for nothing. He also thinks it "won't be right" if he doesn't give his brother $150 for a wedding gift. I'm like, I'm giving my brother $50 and my brother is younger than DH's and DH's makes more money and DH wanted to complain that I was giving my brother too much when I wanted to give him $100 but yet his brother is worth more for some reason. Yes, I think I will be in a poopy mood this week. I haven't been in one in a while and I'm due to blow off some steam.

Rant over

Erin

Wow, Suja and Erin. I think you both deserve bad moods and GOOD wine. ;)

Oh goodness Erin. I'd be freaking LIVID! My brother would be getting whatever his brother got, at a minimum.

So sorry DH is being a poopy head, Erin. If his life is miserable near term, it is completely his fault.

Suja and Erin! Both such bad days for you. I'm so sorry.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Sounds like a very rough day to you both. I'm so sorry.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Ugh! Suja, that was a very trying day! I hope you got your work done after Mira went to bed. Tomorrow's got to be better, right? When will your DH get back?

Erin, your DH is acting unbelievable! It does sound like you have a third child. He should be thankful for anything you have to give him, not sticking his hand out demanding more. I would be seething too in your shoes.

Remember that saying from Frederick Douglass? "It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." What insight he had. Not that your DH is "broken" by any means, Erin, but I can totally see how it's easier to correct a child than it is teach an adult. Kids are way more receptive to learning.
    Last edited by demigraf; 11-15-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Suja, I don't think brushing my teeth would have stopped me from having wine after a day like that. I hope today is a better day. On the plus side, she like the new school so that's one less thing to worry about.
    Erin, embrace that poopy mood. Let off some steam. It sounds like dh needs a dose of reality. I can't believe he wouldn't prefer to have his whole family at his brother's wedding. I would be PISSED!

Hugs to both of you, Suja and Erin! xoxo

Ash, when do you meet with T's teacher?

We go this Thursday evening. Dh got time off work so that he can go as well. I'll make sure to let y'all know how that goes!

Yes, please do.
    I am meeting with the woman who is supposed to "intern" here and her supervisor on Monday. Dbf is telling me I need to be a hard ass and tell them exactly how I do things and how I need things done. He says I am way to laid back and I say "that's ok" when it's not ok and lead people to believe they can slack, pay me late, show up late, etc. For maybe like the 3rd time ever () I think he's right. I don't want to do this wrong like I did with the other girl. Especially if she is going into the field. I want her to learn right away that it's hard work because if you do it right it is.

My other sub, btw, works at the drive-thru at McDonalds here in town. My daycare parents have seen her there. I'm not happy if I thwarted her dreams of being in childcare with my review of her but I'm happy she's not working with kids at the rate she was here.

I think you should be firm, not necessarily a "hard ass" but yes lay down what you need and what you expect from her.

I agree with Kate. There's a line between firm and hard ass. I reserve hard ass for cases where the person just doesn't get it...like in instances with your dbf, perhaps