Page 850 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3507508008408488498508518528609009501350 ... LastLast
Results 25,471 to 25,500 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Chrissy. I have days where my I can't stand my job, but than like today one of my members brought me some coffee because when he came in I said that I don't think I'd had enough yet. He went back out, to a coffee shop, just to bring me back a cup. Such a sweet old man

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I have a crazy relationship with my boss...it's almost like we're bf/gf sometimes. We're going through a quiet "I'm not talking to you" phase, which he is the facilitator of. Maybe it's him and his quirky personality, but right now I'm not in a place where I can deal with it. I want to laugh and joke and he's sullen and dark. It's stressful.

It doesn't help that it's just me & him in this 15X20 room. So if one of us is depressed, the other can't help but feel the ramifications of that.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

That has to be hard Chrisssy

Just wanted to pop in to give out some hugs to my secular ladies. It seems we've all had some not so happy times lately.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Just wanted to pop in to give out some hugs to my secular ladies. It seems we've all had some not so happy times lately.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I also don't like weekends that much anymore. I like Sundays because I sit around and not do anything but then Sunday evening I am thinking about all the crap I'll have to do on Monday and that ruins it for me.

It didn't help that this weekend DH wanted to be a butt head. I get so sick of his attitude sometimes and how I have to just sigh and let it go because I don't want to start arguments with him regarding his horrible attitude. I did have to get in a minor tryst with him because he was yelling, really loud at Ky because Ky wasn't ironing correctly so because I told him to stop yelling at Ky (he was yelling at the top of his lungs it was just ridiculous and disrespectful and it made Ky nearly cry) he is upset at me and thinks if he doesn't talk to me he is punishing me. I actually am happy he isn't talking to me as I would probably curse him out about yelling like that. I admit that I am rather a tough a ss when it comes to Ky because he really doesn't follow directions well and he cannot do anything with the TV on, which is why I keep the TV off most of the time. DH was watching football and Ky had to iron his uniforms for school last night. We iron in the living room and DH was upset that Ky kept looking at the TV and just started yelling directions very slowly at him. So I told him to stop yelling and if he wanted to yell he can come yell at me (since I have a big mouth and can yell louder than he can, plus I'm witty and know how to get him to STFU). I got DH to stop and apologize but then he got mad at Elle who told him very softly and humorous I might add, that daddy shouldn't yell at Ky because yelling is not nice. She even said "member Daddy, you said I shouldn't yell at my friends" (DH was lecturing her last week for yelling at her friends at daycare as our goal with Elle is to treat our friends kindly and not yell). DH looked like he wanted to yell at her too, but instead told her that next year if she doesn't follow directions he would yell at her too.

So childish. I just feel like I am living with 3 children. He proceeded to argue with her ("no you not" says she "yes I am" says he for at least 5 minutes straight until I told them to stop). I was just not feeling it this weekend.

Erin

Erin. I can soooo relate to feeling like dh is another child at times.

I did have to snicker a little when you said you can yell louder than him.

I'm happy to throw in a hug to you ladies too. You girls make me feel like I always have someone to talk to. I'm sorry if some of you have the blues.

Erin, I love the way Elle told Daddy what's what.

Here's to things picking up for everybody as we move into the holiday season.

I'm looking forward to the weekend already. We're off to the German market in Leeds for mulled wine and to see the Christmas lights. That's cheered me up some.

And some Thanksgiving funnies for y'all. My mom was asking about what Brits do for Thanksgiving the other day when I spoke to her. I have this conversation with her every year. And then Dh came home from work last night and was asking, "so Thanksgiving is when the Americans celebrate not being English, right? And something about the harvest, too?" I was all like "shucks, man; we've been together 10 years and you still don't know this stuff?"

...Dh came home from work last night and was asking, "so Thanksgiving is when the Americans celebrate not being English, right? And something about the harvest, too?" ...
    omg-that's hysterical!!

I'm looking forward to the weekend already. We're off to the German market in Leeds for mulled wine and to see the Christmas lights. That's cheered me up some.

And some Thanksgiving funnies for y'all. My mom was asking about what Brits do for Thanksgiving the other day when I spoke to her. I have this conversation with her every year. And then Dh came home from work last night and was asking, "so Thanksgiving is when the Americans celebrate not being English, right? And something about the harvest, too?" I was all like "shucks, man; we've been together 10 years and you still don't know this stuff?"
    Love it!!!

Cute

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I did have to snicker a little when you said you can yell louder than him.
    It is true LOL! I have a big mouth. I rarely yell though and when I do I command attention. My whole family is loud. I am least loud out of the bunch of us. My dad is so loud that his whisper is at the level of a regular person speaking. I swear he has some sort of hearing loss.

That is so funny about Thanksgiving Ash!! Do you still celebrate it in the U.K. just for tradition? I probably wouldn't. I have been thinking in a feminist way how we women are traditionally suppose to slave away in the kitchen making all of this food while guys watch sports on TV and it upsets me. I wasn't going to make anything this year since I went all out for Thanksgiving last year since we had guests. It was very tiring and DH doesn't help much and when he does he doesn't do it on the timeframe that I need him to be on. The dish he was suppose to make last year was not ready when I was done cooking everything (he was only to make some butternut squash and put some cresent rolls in the oven, he burned the crescent rolls to).

Erin

Erin, you know I can relate. I actually do not have any complaints about dbf this weekend. I had the most god awful back/head/neck pain both saturday and sunday. Sunday was the worst and he took the kids out for the morning and also cleaned up the kitchen for me after a whole day of me just feeding the kids and not cleaning anything up. I was miserable. I told him at one point I felt like I should go to emergency room but deep down I knew it was just a muscle issue. Saturday night I even slept on the hardwood floor because no bed was comfortable. I am sure it made things worse.
    to everyone having a rough go of it right now. Today I do not have a headache so I am basically ecstatic.

DH usually helps on Thanksgiving, but I am so used to cooking by myself that he actually gets in the way! I'm one of those people who is not good at delegating cooking work...It's easier for me to do it myself than to explain what I want done.

I definitely still celebrate Thanksgiving. It's so not the same, but the times I've not done anything at all, I've felt so homesick that it's almost unbearable. This time of the year is always really hard on the homesickness.

Ash. Are you making a turkey?

I'm glad you're not suffering today Bridget. Do you think it's the way you sleep with Sawyer that's causing that? Would a heating pad help at all? I know that works wonders for my back aches, but I don't have anything like what you describe.

I love making the t-day dinner. I'm still planning on it even though I don't know if I'll even still be living in this house come 12/1. I make Rich make the mashed potatoes though because no one can compare with his. They're divine!

Bridget I think I have your headache today! A certain someone in my house doesn't like her kennel yet and carries on for a long time.....and than wakes up early. And a certain someone else (me) knew this would be a PITA but kind of forget just how much....especially how much we watch the dog. She has a kennel but not a pen....would be easier but I think that training is easier when they have access to the house right away....well I do have the bedrooms closed off.

Went to the vet this morning and Molly the dog checked out well except she has a freaking ear infection already. No wonder she was so whiny this morning. Good part is that they showed us how to clean out the ear and that was not how we always tried to do it. I kind of thought that with the floppy ears it could be an issue but maybe if we can clean up the yeast than just regular cleanings on a regular schedule that would do it. Molly is 3.7 lbs. And I have been getting her to potty in the litter box probably 50-60% of the time! Course it's me taking her over there all the time and not her going on her own yet.
    Cosmo is not really thrilled with her but tolerates well enough. Plus she can get on the couch if she wants to not have her tail messed with or the puppy tries to swat at Cosmo's tags. But she didn't like my parents dog as a puppy either and they are friends now. Molly does this really cute thing I need to get a video of where she crawls up to Cosmo like a little commando on her belly and tries to sneak up on her...doesn't work! Cosmo does growl at her and Molly seems to accept that and lie down and not really challenge her.

But yeah I'm soooo tired today!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I love Thanksgiving, but DH is always more than willing to help. If you asked him he's some sort of master chef or something

Aww Jennifer. These are the toughest days, no doubt. I hope the transition is relatively short for all of you!

Awww Jennifer I'm sure Cosmo will warn up to the puppy in no time

Ash many many It has to be hard being so far away from your family

I like making thanksgiving and will be doing it. DH doesn't help much but this year he will probably be on Molly duty. My MIL should be coming up and she will help me. But we will also have her dog over too. Will be kind of crazy!

I actually make thanksgiving a few times a year. But we don't make a huge number of dishes...turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn and biscuits. We do not do sweet potatoes. And if we have company, I will get a pie or make one. It's not so hard a meal if you don't have a huge number of people over or a ton of side dishes.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Molly for those who haven't seen them on FB....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Jennifer she is just so precious

My dad is doing thanksgiving. He can put on quite a spread. We never knew he had it in him because my mom always did everything and he cleaned up. I wonder if she knew? He's a great cook.
    Chrissy, I think it has something to do with sleeping with Sawyer but my instincts tell me that I need to strengthen my core. I dropped most of my weight but I am not nearly as strong as I used to be, especially in my abs so I am going to focus on carrying myself properly, standing and sitting straight.

Jennifer, I hope Cosmo adjust quickly. Our new cat, Pawprint is not being nice at all to our old cat, Apple. I feel so bad for Apple because she is a complete sweetheart and is just curious and that other cat just goes into attack mode and then Apple just walks over to the door to be let out. (yes, we are one of those cat owners.) Just to give you an example of how sweet Apple is, yesterday i was helping Sawyer to give her gently pets and he suddenly lurched himself forward so that he ended up flopping face first onto Apple so that she was trapped under his neck. She just calmly slid herself out and walked away. I love her.

I always feel like Scrooge this time of the year. I don't do Thanksgiving (you couldn't pay me to eat the shoe leather we call Turkey), and of course, no Christmas, and I really dislike the consumerism that goes on in the name of that simple man from Galilee.

Bah Humbug!

We're actually getting together with a few other American families this year for Thanksgiving, so this year all I'm cooking is a pumpkin pie to take along. The years I do a meal, we usually just have a small chicken instead of turkey since turkey is a Christmas thing here. British Christmases are a lot of fun!

Jennifer-she's adorable! I love the look Cosmo is giving her in that last picture!!! lmao!

That really sounds like fun Ash. I would hope that if I lived overseas I'd have some American friends to get together with for turkey day. I couldn't imagine not celebrating it. I don't know if I'd want to skip the turkey though.

LOL, Jennifer. Cosmo looks like Molly is just trying his patience the whole time. It does sound like Cosmo is the dominant one between the two of them. I love the way dogs work the pack order out amongst themselves.

I remember the day we brought home Cayo, a few months after we got Lulu. They were both fairly young - 7-9 months, but Cayo was already big and a high-energy pup. Lulu used to be the most polite, obedient doggie. She came home housebroken and would scratch the door to be let outside. Early on (since we adopted her with kennel cough), she even asked to be let outside so she could spit up stuff from her lungs. Then when Cayo came home, a stubborn, mischievous streak came out of her. She's definitely his boss. He waits for her to eat before he eats, he lets her walk in front of him through every door. She even humps him as a sign of dominance. It's really hard for us to just let the pack order happen when it doesn't seem fair to Cayo, but everything we read just says let it be and the doggies will be calmer if the pack order is respected.

Ash, I remember Thxgiving the year I was in the UK. One of my American hallmates in the dorms had a mom who worked for an airline. So he flew home free and brought back a 32 lb turkey. It was still frozen after flying from Chicago, and we had to defrost it in the bathtub, which upset the many vegetarians on the floor. I guess we were lucky that there was a fairly large group of us Americans, because we had a pretty good celebration that year. I don't know how I would have felt without them during the holiday, though.

Bridget, hooray for waking up without a headache today.
    Last edited by demigraf; 11-14-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    ...and of course, no Christmas, and I really dislike the consumerism that goes on in the name of that simple man from Galilee.

Bah Humbug!
    High five, sister. (Suja, you may have missed my earlier rant about Christmas, but let's just say this is the grumpiest time of the year for me.)

I'm still trying to dig up the exploding duck story, which is only one reason I am not a Christmas fan; it might be in some archive from an old laptop.

Today I am totally proud of myself for exercising some restraint. I was asked to summarize the projects I completed for one of the groups I work with called "BCOMm". I was thiiiiiis close to saying something like: "Here's my list of BCOMm accomplishments... or BCOMmplishments if you will", but stopped myself before I fired that off. It's taken me decades to realize not everybody appreciates my not-so-subtle wordplay. Feels like... I'm growing.