Page 844 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3447447948348428438448458468548949441344 ... LastLast
Results 25,291 to 25,320 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Okay, who in their right mind lets a cat free roam in their car while they're driving?

I've seen crazier things Suja! We had a lady come through our drive thru with a bird on one shoulder and a cat on the other! Than of course there was the lady with a monkey sitting in her passenger seat

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Oh I always let my cats have free roam in the car. And my parrot, actually.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Okay, who in their right mind lets a cat free roam in their car while they're driving?

Um...my husband

When we drove in separate cars to Massachusetts from Tennessee he told me he let the cat out. I was like...why? Well he felt bad that the cat was cooped up all that time.

The dream didn't bother me too much, it wasn't one of the really scary ones I have about drowning or ghosts or anything. I think it was probably about me and DH fighting. I get those a lot. Dreams imitate life I guess (well except the ones about drowning and ghosts, hopefully)
    Last edited by daylilies; 11-10-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    At the same time, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Than of course there was the lady with a monkey sitting in her passenger seat
    was she on "my monkey baby"? that is an actual show on TLC. People dress up their monkey's like baby's. One kooky lady was afraid her monkey baby had gotten into her prescription pills, and she called her pet psychic to find out if indeed the monkey had eaten her pills.

I know we have all been there before.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly'sMom View Post
    was she on "my monkey baby"? that is an actual show on TLC. People dress up their monkey's like baby's. One kooky lady was afraid her monkey baby had gotten into her prescription pills, and she called her pet psychic to find out if indeed the monkey had eaten her pills.

I have never heard of that She has a zoo here locally and is always coming through here with some random animal

Lol at the crazy animal stories. You know, I think Cosmo had a pacifier and was also wearing one of those old fashioned baby bonnets as well in my dream. It was very strange. She was asleep in the car seat in my car and I was in my house, so I kept checking on her.

One kooky lady was afraid her monkey baby had gotten into her prescription pills, and she called her pet psychic to find out if indeed the monkey had eaten her pills.

I think my kid got into my prescription pills. Let me call the psychic hotline and find out. WTH is wrong with people?

DH fixed the cable recently for a woman who had a helper monkey. She had limited mobility and the monkey would get things for her. I thought that was pretty cool!

At the same time, right?
    I'm sure I have. They both roam the house together, so why not? Callie (my cat) used to love to go for rides when she was younger...but not so much any more. We did recently move and that would have been the last time she rode in a car. I can't remember if she shared the car with Cramer (the parrot) or not, but I have no reason to not let them ride together.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Lol at the crazy animal stories. You know, I think Cosmo had a pacifier and was also wearing one of those old fashioned baby bonnets as well in my dream. It was very strange. She was asleep in the car seat in my car and I was in my house, so I kept checking on her.
    You're such a good Cosmo-sitter! lol

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    DH fixed the cable recently for a woman who had a helper monkey. She had limited mobility and the monkey would get things for her. I thought that was pretty cool!
    That is cool!

Anyone else remember when Homer Simpson got a helper monkey and turned it all fat and lazy like him?

Anyone else remember when Homer Simpson got a helper monkey and turned it all fat and lazy like him?
    lmao-I don't watch the simpsons but that sounds funny!

LOL, no. I haven't watched the Simpsons in years though! It used to be so good, but I think it has almost overstayed its welcome, now.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I have mixed feelings about that. I can see why she would want to do it. But, everything I've read/seen says that monkeys do not make good pets, that their personalities change as they mature sexually, and they can become aggressive/inflict serious bodily injury. As someone with limited mobility, she'd be SOL if something like that happened.

There are dog harnesses for all size dogs. This one goes up to 120 lbs, and I'm sure there are bigger ones available: http://www.petstreetmall.com/Pet-Veh...ess/7367/2723/

I've looked at those things on and off for years, because really if you're in an accident anything lose is going to be a potential hazard. Not just in inflicting injury to passengers in the car, but the loss of the dearly loved pet if the windows break and they run away out of fear.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 11-10-2011 at 01:44 PM.

You all have me laughing over here.
    I cannot believe this. Savana and Kai are napping. We are all out of sorts over here. It's been a grumpy morning. So instead of a story I put on lullaby music and since Sawyer was sleeping, I lay down myself. I dozed off for about 15 minutes and now they are asleep. I guess my instincts were right. They needed it.

*yawn* I could use a nap myself Bridget. I wish I was one of your daycare kids. Life would be sweet.

*yawn* I could use a nap myself Bridget. I wish I was one of your daycare kids. Life would be sweet.
    This!

There are dog harnesses for all size dogs. This one goes up to 120 lbs, and I'm sure there are bigger ones available: http://www.petstreetmall.com/Pet-Veh...ess/7367/2723/
    The problem isn't the availability of dog harnesses or crates that would fit my dogs (80 and 110 pounds). The problem is logistics. Getting the dogs into the car requires that one seat be folded down, which pretty much means there is no way to put one in a doggie seatbelt. And there is no earthly way to fit two crates that can fit them. I know that I'm taking chances with their lives, but I wasn't about to buy a new vehicle just for them.

Dog safety will be taken into consideration before getting the next car. There are not a lot of vehicles out there that can fit two large dogs and seat 5 people comfortably, and comes with 4WD.
    Last edited by Suja; 11-10-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Ok I want one of these http://goldendoodlebabies.com/mini_f...ndoodle_babies I have always liked that mix but the size is an issue. But these are the right size. Now to find out how much one costs.......

Cosmo would NOT be happy in a bonnet. She was not happy last year when I put a santa hat on her for a xmas card picture. And some dogs like being covered by blankets (my parents dog is like this and will hid himself under my sisters covers completely)....but Cosmo will move if I cover her up unless it's really really cold and she just had a haircut.

I'm so ready to go home. I was up early and at work almost an hour earlier than usual to teach a bunch of college freshmen....nursing students from the university. And they were all talking about how much emailing they were doing this morning (sending articles and citations to themselves) and how they hardly email anymore. Seriously a couple were having a hard attaching pdf's. Because all they do is text or should I say txt.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

The problem isn't the availability of dog harnesses or crates that would fit my dogs (80 and 110 pounds). The problem is logistics. Getting the dogs into the car requires that one seat be folded down, which pretty much means there is no way to put one in a doggie seatbelt. And there is no earthly way to fit two crates that can fit them.
    What do you own, a Fiat? I could get two large dogs in the back of my VW Cabrio. And have.

I always say I wish I could come back as my dog (just not a dog living elsewhere).....because mine has it so well. She sleeps all night in the bed next to me, sleeps all day in the bed with her daddy, lies on top the couch watching out the living room window, eats and plays with her toys....of which she has many of them.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

What do you own, a Fiat? I could get two large dogs in the back of my VW Cabrio. And have.
    LOL, no. I have an X-terra. Fitting the two dogs comfortably requires that we use the cargo space and have one of the back seats folded down. We can squeeze them in back there with the seats up in a pinch, but then they can't move around. At all. And unless they position themselves just-so, they can't lie down either. Anyway, no way to actually put them in seatbelts or harnesses.

Jennifer, Pan sympathizes:

Khan puts up with all sorts of crap. Have I mentioned, he's the best dog in the universe.

I have mixed feelings about that. I can see why she would want to do it. But, everything I've read/seen says that monkeys do not make good pets, that their personalities change as they mature sexually, and they can become aggressive/inflict serious bodily injury. As someone with limited mobility, she'd be SOL if something like that happened.
    Hmm, maybe a helper monkey is specially bred so that stuff doesn't happen? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    You all have me laughing over here.
    I cannot believe this. Savana and Kai are napping. We are all out of sorts over here. It's been a grumpy morning. So instead of a story I put on lullaby music and since Sawyer was sleeping, I lay down myself. I dozed off for about 15 minutes and now they are asleep. I guess my instincts were right. They needed it.

Nice! I could use a nap too!

They are so beautiful, Suja! I love big dogs. But will not get another one until we have our farm.

Um, dbf is crazy with his shenanigans. Savana has dance tonight and he has been taking her. So I remind him that it's tonight since it recently changed. I can tell by his face that he's not thrilled. Not that I blame him. All the parents sit in one room and watch the dancers on moniters. Some of the mom's in that room are nuts. Super loud cell phone talkers. One granny who lets her younger child run around and wreak havoc on everyone else. I have had to physically block this child from touching Sawyer because she is so wild and I don't trust her. But anyway, he just came downstairs and said, "So I was thinking if you want you can take Savana to her dance class. I know you have been trying to finish that book (Savana's 1st grade curriculum) so you could relax while she dances and I'll get dinner started, have a moment to yourself"
    I say, "Ok cool. So think you'll be ok with Sawyer for an hour?"
    "Oh, really?", he says. "I just assumed you'd take him."

<===This is the look I gave him until he slowly backed out of the room. I find the deadpan stare to be very effective.

Okay, I nearly peed myself laughing about monkeys at the bank drive thru and getting into perscriptions and monkey psychics ROFL!!!

Your DBF is funny too Bridget!!! He is smart to leave though!

Erin

OMG I just LOL literally at Pan. What kind are they?

This was the one we used. We called her Christmas Cosmo.

This is what she did after I first put the hat on

And this is what I come home too. Rough looking life!

Cosmo modeling the blanket I crocheted. It's king sized and took almost 10 years to finish and it's so heavy and warm we hardly ever use it. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Wow your DBF amazes me with some of the things he comes out with