Page 829 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3297297798198278288298308318398799291329 ... LastLast
Results 24,841 to 24,870 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I used to wear some wild outfits back in the day. I had super funky bell bottoms that were custom made and they looked fabulous with my boots. I loved getting dressed to go out!
    I still wear the bell bottoms minus the boots.
    I bet you looked HOT!!!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I used to wear some wild outfits back in the day. I had super funky bell bottoms that were custom made and they looked fabulous with my boots. I loved getting dressed to go out!
    I still wear the bell bottoms minus the boots.
    Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Mine are only 4" and they're not platform, but I did wear my knee high boots over the weekend I love them! And they're super comfy. I could (and have) wear them all day, but they don't match all my outfits.
    I never could wear knee high boots, I have man caves so I'm jealous

BUT you did look awesome

I wish I kept my bell bottoms. I didn't think I'd ever lose my weight though so I gave them to a charity.
    I LOVE bell bottoms!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Yeah, me too. If there are no pikchurs, it didn't happen, right?
    True!! Bridget we need pics!!!

Ash those are cute....I just couldn't wear them myself! I can barely wear my Dansko clogs without tripping and those heels aren't as tall.

Um, I think that the birkenstocks are cute. I haven't tried a pair in years and years, mostly because I feel the need for more cushion in the heel. But I like the look.

Katy, I think that it is totally reasonable to let the volunteer gig know you won't be there for a while.

OMG I think I might go crazy if I get a baby that keeps me up all night for too long. My second night of 4.5-5 hours of sleep in a row and I'm dying today and that is after coffee, espresso and now diet mt dew. I will miss the first few weeks until we can bring baby home and will also do formula and not bf so maybe I will get lucky and get one that doesn't want to party all night....right?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    OMG I think I might go crazy if I get a baby that keeps me up all night for too long. My second night of 4.5-5 hours of sleep in a row and I'm dying today and that is after coffee, espresso and now diet mt dew. I will miss the first few weeks until we can bring baby home and will also do formula and not bf so maybe I will get lucky and get one that doesn't want to party all night....right?

Should I keep it to myself that my worst 'offender' of the up-all-nights was formula fed?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Maybe! If not, you just adjust pretty quickly. Your mood might not be great for awhile, but newborns tend to do that to your life...hehehehe. I do miss the days of sleeping as much as I wanted...but I wouldn't trade my kids for anything, of course....lol....it's just nice to have a night to ourselves every now and then provided by the grandparents babysitting.

Should I keep it to myself that my worst 'offender' of the up-all-nights was formula fed?

Haha I was one of those....and I was a party 2am my crib kind of girl. My sister was bf and not so much a night owl as me. I'm just kind of hoping that maybe I can still get some sleep. Maybe maybe? I think that I need more sleep than I did in my 20's!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Haha I was one of those....and I was a party 2am my crib kind of girl. My sister was bf and not so much a night owl as me. I'm just kind of hoping that maybe I can still get some sleep. Maybe maybe? I think that I need more sleep than I did in my 20's!
    I definitely need more sleep now than I did in my 20's. That's probably why having Bobbie and Jesi so close together when I was a teen didn't seem to affect me as much as having Conner at 30 did! lol

Every one of my kids was different in their sleep patterns. Bobbie was formula fed after a week (she was in neonatal ICU and I lived 40 miles away and couldn't afford a breast pump), and the other 3 were breastfed. Jesi was my 'best' nighttime sleeper.

Coincidentally or not, they're still like that. Bobbie often stays up till 4 a.m. or later, while Jesi will frequently go to bed at 7 p.m.

Um, I think that the birkenstocks are cute. I haven't tried a pair in years and years, mostly because I feel the need for more cushion in the heel. But I like the look.

Thanks for that, especially because they came today and fit great so screw fashion, I'm wearing birks. But I never felt more like I belonged back in Boulder when i tried on my new Birkenstock sandal-clogs with socks.

And when you get your new LO I bet you'll get into a mommy mode where you sleep lighter and 'need' less, for awhile anyway. I'm a 10-hour-night sleeper but miraculously survived on half that when Abbey was tiny.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I saw screw fashion too. I pull a big no no daily and wear socks with my sandals (thin black socks, black sandals, black pants....I don't think that it stands out too much). It's more comfortable plus work dress code requires socks or hose at all times.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I don't think I've ever found comfy heels. I don't suppose there are any shoe manufacturers whose target audience is people with Donald Duck feet.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I absolutely hate socks...if I could get away with it, I'd wear my shoes without them even in winter. I learned as a teen though that that does nothing pleasant for the insides. I wear the thinnest trouser socks I can find in winter.

I'm so bad about it that if my feet start feeling hot at all, I get witchy with a b. I even sleep with my feet sticking out of the covers, even during the winter. I hate my feet to be warm.

Jennifer I think you'll be amazed at what you can when you bring home that squishy new bundle of joy I also agree that some babies are just simply better sleepers than others, but you never know-maybe you'll get lucky

I can't wear closed toe'd shoes AT ALL! I hate my feet to be enclosed, they get all hot and sticky I'm a flip flop/open toe heel girl all year round! Good thing I don't live up north

I absolutely hate socks...if I could get away with it, I'd wear my shoes without them even in winter. I learned as a teen though that that does nothing pleasant for the insides. I wear the thinnest trouser socks I can find in winter.

I'm so bad about it that if my feet start feeling hot at all, I get witchy with a b. I even sleep with my feet sticking out of the covers, even during the winter. I hate my feet to be warm.
    I'm normally hot...except my feet. I almost always wear socks except in summer and only if not working and in sandals if wearing capri...if I have my jeans on, I have socks on. I don't like wearing socks to bed though.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh I loathe high heels, I avoid them at all costs. I am tall at 5'8", so I never felt I needed them. When I would wear them I could hear my toes crying in agony.

My niece is having bfing issues her new baby. I know how hard it is, I wish I lived closer to help her.

I still feel tired, and not caught up on my sleep and my son is 3 years old. He was a terrible sleeper in the beginning, and quite honestly I have never felt such complete exhaustion as I did during those first 8 weeks of his life. Now he sleeps through the night, but morning still comes way too early. It does not help that I stay up too late reading. And I am not a morning person at all. Never will be.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    I'm a flip flop/open toe heel girl all year round! Good thing I don't live up north
    Me too...or I would be. I happen to live up North. My preference is to be barefoot. Flip-flops are a close second.

Shelley I'm sorry to hear that, I hope she has some supportive people around her to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly'sMom View Post
    Oh I loathe high heels, I avoid them at all costs. I am tall at 5'8", so I never felt I needed them. When I would wear them I could hear my toes crying in agony.

My niece is having bfing issues her new baby. I know how hard it is, I wish I lived closer to help her.

I still feel tired, and not caught up on my sleep and my son is 3 years old. He was a terrible sleeper in the beginning, and quite honestly I have never felt such complete exhaustion as I did during those first 8 weeks of his life. Now he sleeps through the night, but morning still comes way too early. It does not help that I stay up too late reading. And I am not a morning person at all. Never will be.
    I'm 5'8" too and I still heels.

ask her to find a lactation consultant. our local hospital provides LC free of charge for new mothers.

I'm not a morning person either. When my oldest started Kindergarten it was a real life changer for me. I often stay up far to late to this day, and she's 18 now. I got better about waking in the morning and not being so grouchy (and making it where I needed to be on time!) but it's still a challenge for me. I'm always rushing around to meet my bus.

Me too...or I would be. I happen to live up North. My preference is to be barefoot. Flip-flops are a close second.
    I LOVE to be barefoot, but one too many ring worms and unfortunately I had to stop that... except when I'm at home

ETA: Not that I went barefoot everywhere, I just meant in my yard Now I only go barefoot inside my house

She is talking to the hospital LC, I hope they can help her. I've been talking to her and hopefully helping her. Her dh will support her, but she doesn't have any bf friends where they live.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

I'm the grouchiest morning person! I can't help it, I wake up not wanting to wake up I'm alot better than I used to be, I still have to consciously remind myself that just because its 5o'clock in the morning doesn't mean I have the right to be a grump

I can't wear closed toe'd shoes AT ALL! I hate my feet to be enclosed, they get all hot and sticky I'm a flip flop/open toe heel girl all year round! Good thing I don't live up north

Says the Florida girl. I just bought these http://www.columbia.com/Women%E2%80%...efault,pd.html#

And will pretty much wear them everytime I leave the house from basically anytime now (though hopefully the longer the better!) until probably close to April. I leave a pair of shoes under my desk to change into for work.
    Notice how these are lined with special reflective material to warm your foot from your own body heat? I believe that they are rated to keep feet warm up to -25 outside.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I'm the grouchiest morning person! I can't help it, I wake up not wanting to wake up I'm alot better than I used to be, I still have to consciously remind myself that just because its 5o'clock in the morning doesn't mean I have the right to be a grump
    I don't like to even talk before 9am, which is difficult around here
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

She is talking to the hospital LC, I hope they can help her. I've been talking to her and hopefully helping her. Her dh will support her, but she doesn't have any bf friends where they live.
    I hope its a good LC. It's hard when you don't have any support, been there done that. I'm sure you are helping her, just hearing someone elses experiences can be extremely uplifting during hard times

ugh-I couldn't do 5:00 a.m. It's all I can do to get up at 6...and i have to catch my bus at 6:45. It doesn't leave a lot of time for showering and stuff.

You can get ringworm in the back yard? I think that we probably have less icky bugs or at least less of them up north!

Um I'm not a morning person and have such a hard time in the morning....and I don't get up until almost 7am.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Says the Florida girl. I just bought these http://www.columbia.com/Women%E2%80%...efault,pd.html#

And will pretty much wear them everytime I leave the house from basically anytime now (though hopefully the longer the better!) until probably close to April. I leave a pair of shoes under my desk to change into for work.
    Notice how these are lined with special reflective material to warm your foot from your own body heat? I believe that they are rated to keep feet warm up to -25 outside.
    YES! I was destined to be born here! I would die if I had to wear shoes. We lived in TN/GA for a few years and I even wore flip flops up there, but those winters are mild compared to going farther north!

Wow. I couldn't imagine spending that much on shoes, my flip flops cost like $5 That is kind of cool how they warm your feet though!!! Still wouldn't wear them, I can just imagine the sweat rolling down my ankles

A woman after my own heart!

Me too...thankfully it's only my boss & I in our office and he never makes it in before 9:00 a.m. I'll chat with the cleaner guy but that's about it. I even ignore the phone before 9.

You can get ringworm in the back yard? I think that we probably have less icky bugs or at least less of them up north
    I think you can get ringworm anywhere...I have known people around me to have gotten it. But maybe it's harder to get in northern states? I know I've never had it and I don't think any of my kids have. Rich has had it, but he worked on a farm and it's something you can get from cows.

ugh-I couldn't do 5:00 a.m. It's all I can do to get up at 6...and i have to catch my bus at 6:45. It doesn't leave a lot of time for showering and stuff.
    Yeah 5a.m. is pretty harsh, its not even light out yet! This week DH has been getting up at 3:30 and normally I would get up with him, maybe help him get out the door, and tell him bye... but I can't do it. I stay up til 1 or later doing homework, there is no way I can become conscious at 3:30!

You can get ringworm in the back yard? I think that we probably have less icky bugs or at least less them up north!

Um I'm not a morning person and have such a hard time in the morning....and I don't get up until almost 7am.
    Yeah, its Florida. You can get ringworm anywhere!! Hate those things... Ick!

That is one thing that is nice about the cooler weather, less bugs!