Page 828 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3287287788188268278288298308388789281328 ... LastLast
Results 24,811 to 24,840 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I don't know who designs clothes for short people, but they're generally AWFUL. The prints end up huge and I look like I'm being eaten by giant flowers or somesuch. The other option is to get into junior clothes, but good lord, I don't want to show that much boobage or my buttcrack.

Last edited by demigraf; 11-02-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Omg - I forgot about these "smart" elevators!
    Me too...I know you told us, but I've forgotten...how do they work again?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I couldn't agree more Suja! Pants too long that I'm stepping on all day and that make me look like I have a saggy crotch I don't buy flowery prints anymore for that reason and it seems everytime I buy one of the flowers ends up dead center on my boob I can't do juniors though-I have too much a$$ and hips

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I rarely wear prints. It's hard to find the right ones. Mostly, I live in jeans and an assortment of plain colored Ts (in summer) and turtlenecks (in winter).

"Smart" elevator? What's that?

- Signed, Dumb Human

So basically everyone has trouble finding clothes that fit right?

God I'm so jealous of DH, he's not all that tall for a dude....like 5'10 and can walk into shopko or walmart and basically grab a pair of jeans and leave. Doesn't even try them on and they fit because he's knows his waist number and inseam number.....and doesn't have hips to work with. I hate that ours come in petit, average or tall.

Smart elevator?

I just sent my MIL an email asking her to leave the perfume at home for thanksgiving. Last time she visited it took about 5 days and me washing all bedding and towels in the guest room and bathroom or it to stop smelling like her perfume. It was like it was stuck in the carpet. I also had to give Cosmo a bath because she smelled like her grandma after being snuggled by her. We already make her go outside to smoke or in the garage (which was almost set on fire last visit but I think that wouldn't happen again). I thought she would take a hint after I started flipping on the fans and coughing but it didn't work. I really hope she doesn't take it too personally...this is what I said ...
    Yeah Thanksgiving will be here soon. Like three weeks! You can bring whatever you want....though we do have one request and that is maybe the perfume can be left at home? The less we are around things like that, the more it seems to irritate the allergies and asthma. It's annoying to be so sensitive to smells...that bottle of shampoo and conditioner I got to try when we were at shopko last time....I thought I could tolerate the smell but it turns out I cannot and am probably going to have to toss/get rid of both.

I hope that she doesn't take it wrong...though she's known me for 13.5 years now and knows I can be a PITA sometimes. Years ago I said I couldn't eat the meat for dinner unless it was defrosted properly. That got some eye rolls and I know they all thought I was weird and would be like well nobody in the house has gotten sick before. But I'm picky about food safety and they did start defrosting the meat in the frig when I was eating over.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I'm starting to think very few of us actually have fussy feet (extra bone notwithstanding, Suja) but instead that most of us Secular ladies just refuse to wear torturous shoes. I just need shoes I can walk in for distances.

Jennifer, I love my Naot Mary Janes. The sandals not so much.

I'm gonna pull back on the last thing I posted out of paranoia, Chrissy. Was just trying to be cute, which never gets me anywhere. Will remind you how they work privately, not that I expect you to be terribly interested.

We must just be smart enough to not wear shoes that hurt! ;) I mean I hope to have a shoe that looks cute enough too but if a choice has to be made, it will be for comfort. Sorry but my feet just do not come to a tiny point and I like room for my toes to wiggle.

I really hope to find something this weekend that is comfortable. And hopefully it's something more in the 100 range and now 200 range price-wise.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I think your note to your MIL was fine, Jen.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    I'm starting to think very few of us actually have fussy feet (extra bone notwithstanding, Suja) but instead that most of us Secular ladies just refuse to wear torturous shoes. I just need shoes I can walk in for distances.

Jennifer, I love my Naot Mary Janes. The sandals not so much.

I'm gonna pull back on the last thing I posted out of paranoia, Chrissy. Was just trying to be cute, which never gets me anywhere. Will remind you how they work privately, not that I expect you to be terribly interested.
    I have very high (5") heels that I can walk in all day comfortably. And I've bought sneakers that I couldn't run 1/4 of a mile in. For me it's not about style, it's really all about the fit. You'd think all 9W's would be built the same, but they're not. I have to try them on and stand in them (both if they're heels) before I can decide if I can wear them all day. I had super cute, comfortable 4" heels that I wore almost daily for over 2 years...till the heel started to warble when I walked. I was so sad to let them go. I haven't found another pair of high heels that have been quite as comfy for me since.

And Myles, I'm definitely interested. I remember being fascinated when you explained it, but for the life of me I can't remember the details. Remember, I'm kinda geeky so these things do intrigue me.

As for clothes, I have a terrible time because I guess I'm small in the waist (don't feel like it, but for having 4 kids I guess I am) but my legs are long. It's extremely difficult to find pants that fit my waist and are long enough at the same time. If they're long enough, they're usually far too big around my waist and hips and they sag at my butt. I hate clothes shopping!

I remember the smart elevators too but don't remember the details.

I also don't like wearing tortuous shoes. I have perfect feet IMO. My feet and my hair are my favorite parts of my body. My grandma told me a long time ago to make sure I always wore comfortable shoes so I don't mess up my feet. To this day I have never had a bunion or callous or anything really since I never wear extremely flat shoes. I rarely wear flip flops (the cheapo kinds with no support). I won't wear any shoe with more than a 2 inch heel since that is the height (2" and below) that are most comfortable for me.

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 11-02-2011 at 11:02 AM.

These are the latest shoes I got for wearing to school:

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post

How strange-the link showed up in my email notification but I can't see them here?

Anyway, they're too cute! I'd wear them!! And now I'm really in the mood for shoe shopping. I desperately need another pair of cute heels I can wear all day.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post

This link works:

http://media.dorothyperkins.com/wcss...0823_large.jpg

and neat shoes! But just the kind I could never wear. I ordered these and am awaiting their arrival to see if they are finally the pair that work:

http://www.zappos.com/birkenstock-bo...ed-denim-suede

I know, they're so hot.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I don't know who designs clothes for short people, but they're generally AWFUL. The prints end up huge and I look like I'm being eaten by giant flowers or somesuch. The other option is to get into junior clothes, but good lord, I don't want to show that much boobage or my buttcrack.

I'm of average height, and average weight (size 10 on top and 12 on the bottom, which I think is pretty USA average). I don't have any trouble finding clothes, but I pretty much only shop at the Gap or American Apparel (t-shirts and jeans). Maybe a jacket from REI. And now those unisex Birkenstocks. So basically, I dress like a boy, except I favor pretty colors.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

My feet are awful, too. I spent a long time trying to find supportive shoes like Keens, Naots, etc. and my feet kept getting worse and worse and worse. Finally went to a foot surgeon who did x-rays and told me that my shoes were TOO supportive and that I needed to wear completely unsupportive shoes (flats, flip-flops). My feet underpronate ( high arch) from not fully "uncurling" from when I was born. I tend to walk on the outside of my feet and so any support there actually does more harm and overstretches those tendons and bones.

And now I am off to my volunteer job which I am not skipping today, though I am thinking about letting them know that I can't work after Thanksgiving at all because I will be too busy. Hate to do that, but I am already getting cranky and crazy from the stress of the holiday shows.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess I have never worn heels in my life. I just don't know how people manage to walk in them.

I didn't know feet grow when you're pregnant-I thought they just swelled and went back to their normal size after the baby. I thought my feet were just getting fat.

I hate how clothes fit me and I've said this before so I'll just shut up now

Ash I think those are so cute!!!

I like the shoes from Zappo's they look extra comfy!!

I am comfortable in heels, always have been. Theo nes I have now are starting to wobble in the heel so I guess after over a year its time for a new pair I think I am going to try to go with wedges this time. If I can find some in my cheap-o budget

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    My feet are awful, too. I spent a long time trying to find supportive shoes like Keens, Naots, etc. and my feet kept getting worse and worse and worse. Finally went to a foot surgeon who did x-rays and told me that my shoes were TOO supportive and that I needed to wear completely unsupportive shoes (flats, flip-flops). My feet underpronate ( high arch) from not fully "uncurling" from when I was born. I tend to walk on the outside of my feet and so any support there actually does more harm and overstretches those tendons and bones.
    Wow! You have my feet!! I guess its a good thing I adore flip flops than!

I wear runners most of the time day to day but if I'm going out I wear stacked boots because I'm 5'2 and just really feel like I need to be taller. I went and got those skecher (sp?) lift ups or whatever and I wear them in my kitchen on cooking days because it just feels right to be up a little higher at the sink, stove, etc.

I don't think I've ever found comfy heels. I don't suppose there are any shoe manufacturers whose target audience is people with Donald Duck feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I don't think I've ever found comfy heels. I don't suppose there are any shoe manufacturers whose target audience is people with Donald Duck feet.

I still have the six inch platform knee high boots I used to wear. Never know when I might need those.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I still have the six inch platform knee high boots I used to wear. Never know when I might need those.
    I don't know why, but I have a REALLY hard time envisioning you in six inch platform knee high boots

I love heels. I'm 5'6" and I never thought I was that tall til I moved here and everyone (female) around me seems to be 5'2" and shorter! When I wear heels, I'm nearly as tall as DH; he's 5'11".

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    I don't know why, but I have a REALLY hard time envisioning you in six inch platform knee high boots
    Mine are only 4" and they're not platform, but I did wear my knee high boots over the weekend I love them! And they're super comfy. I could (and have) wear them all day, but they don't match all my outfits.

I used to wear some wild outfits back in the day. I had super funky bell bottoms that were custom made and they looked fabulous with my boots. I loved getting dressed to go out!
    I still wear the bell bottoms minus the boots.

I wish I kept my bell bottoms. I didn't think I'd ever lose my weight though so I gave them to a charity.

Yeah, me too. If there are no pikchurs, it didn't happen, right?