Page 81 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 31 717980818283 91 131 181 581 1081 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #2401
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,520

    Default

    Jenny, that's tough, and I totally agree with your advice to dh.


  2. #2402

    Default

    I confess I had a crazy pregnancy dream last night. I was giving birth in the process of moving into a mobile home in the woods. But we were flying to move and a bunch of APA ladies were on the plane with me and started talking about seeing people give birth and like three were saying how they had seen a giraffe being born. It was so weird. giraffes...


  3. Default

    I confess... I just met Sunrider and Tredhead.. and adorable baby Liam!

    Be jealous! Be VERY Jealous!!

  4. #2404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I confess that we got some bad news last night. Our next door neighbor is dying of bone cancer. He had liver cancer a few years ago, actually recieved a liver transplant, did chemo, radiation, the whole 9 yards, and 2 weeks ago had to have a PET scan which is typical for cancer patients. Well he just got the news that it has metastasized in his bones. He is in a lot of pain. He is such a nice guy. The same age as my parents (57) and is my dh's best friend. He is deeply religious and came over last night and I was cleaning up the kitchen and the trio were doing an art project at the counter, so I couldn't really get into the conversation, but I could hear him and dh talking about religion and our neighbor is deeply religious and he kept going on about Jesus and God and this morning my dh told me he's very uncomfortable with Steve now b/c we do not believe in Jesus/God and dh doesn't know what to tell Steve. I told him to tell Steve that he's glad he can find comfort in his god, and then just offer to be supportive. Offer to mow his lawn, walk his dogs, whatever. I don't think you need to share religious beliefs in order to be a good friend. Sigh.
    That is good advice
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  5. #2405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amorton1437 View Post
    I confess I had a crazy pregnancy dream last night. I was giving birth in the process of moving into a mobile home in the woods. But we were flying to move and a bunch of APA ladies were on the plane with me and started talking about seeing people give birth and like three were saying how they had seen a giraffe being born. It was so weird. giraffes...
    I had a crazy BFing dream last night!! I was just rubbing my boob and milk kept squirting and the stream was HEAVY!!! Then my boob kept getting bigger. It was like a non stop squirt gun!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  6. #2406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess... I just met Sunrider and Tredhead.. and adorable baby Liam!

    Be jealous! Be VERY Jealous!!
    I am freaking GREEN with ENVY!!!
    Lucky!!!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  7. #2407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess... I just met Sunrider and Tredhead.. and adorable baby Liam!

    Be jealous! Be VERY Jealous!!
    I see how you are! Cheating on me.

    LOL.
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)


  8. #2408

    Default

    Okay so I know Kim is in Houston...any other Tx mamas in here?
    I wanna meet up!!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  9. #2409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I am freaking GREEN with ENVY!!!
    Lucky!!!!
    Jealous over little ole me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    I see how you are! Cheating on me.

    LOL.
    Would it help to know you were there in spirit? We talked about how we need to get together for a playdate!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Would it help to know you were there in spirit? We talked about how we need to get together for a playdate!
    We sure DO!

    and DH has his interview on thursday.. so hopefully that will go well and he'll get the job, and we will have gas $ to do a good one!

  11. Default

    oh.. and Sunrider... I confess I had to giggle when I went to try on those dress pants..

    As you saw, I'm not very tall... and holding the pants up with the legs just skimming the ground, the waist band hit me right across the chest.. lol DH laughed and said I could wear them like those super high waisted jeans that were so in recently...

  12. #2412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Jealous over little ole me?

    Yes'm!!!!!!!!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  13. #2413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Jealous over little ole me?



    Would it help to know you were there in spirit? We talked about how we need to get together for a playdate!
    It does help. I was honestly crazy busy this weekend (silly camp alllllll the next 2 weeks). We should plan something. . .SOON! Even if the babies stay home with daddies and we go get dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    We sure DO!

    and DH has his interview on thursday.. so hopefully that will go well and he'll get the job, and we will have gas $ to do a good one!
    Good luck to DH on Thursday!!
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)


  14. #2414

    Default

    Wahh it sucks no one is near me I like my awesome secular mamas!!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    It does help. I was honestly crazy busy this weekend (silly camp alllllll the next 2 weeks). We should plan something. . .SOON! Even if the babies stay home with daddies and we go get dinner.



    Good luck to DH on Thursday!!
    Thanks for the good luck vibes!! and HA! I WISH! about Audri staying home with DH... It takes all hes got to watch her while I run downstairs to start laundry... I cringe to think of what I would come home to after going to dinner! lol but yes.. we do need to get together!

  16. #2416
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,520

    Default

    I confess I just realized after I don't know how long... six months maybe? that I had entered the babies' birthday wrong in the ticker and it was off by two days. I am terrible at birthdays and I have to really concentrate to remember if they were born on July 26th or 28th (I get confused because dh is the 28th of January, and it took me 8 years to remember his birthday and I still have to look at my calendar to make sure). Neither of us remember our anniversary.

    Hopefully I'll remember their birthday when it counts. This is embarrassing.

    Jealous of APA meet-ups, but hoping to have one myself with Stash and Oscar when they're in town this week.

    Thinking Evie is just WAY too cute! I love that picture.

    Congrats to Alisha for quitting smoking. That is incredibly difficult and the best thing you'll ever do for yourself and for Evie.


  17. #2417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess I just realized after I don't know how long... six months maybe? that I had entered the babies' birthday wrong in the ticker and it was off by two days. I am terrible at birthdays and I have to really concentrate to remember if they were born on July 26th or 28th (I get confused because dh is the 28th of January, and it took me 8 years to remember his birthday and I still have to look at my calendar to make sure). Neither of us remember our anniversary.

    Hopefully I'll remember their birthday when it counts. This is embarrassing.

    Jealous of APA meet-ups, but hoping to have one myself with Stash and Oscar when they're in town this week.

    Thinking Evie is just WAY too cute! I love that picture.

    Congrats to Alisha for quitting smoking. That is incredibly difficult and the best thing you'll ever do for yourself and for Evie.
    Thanks!




    I was going to say this in another thread you posted in but I LOVE your new siggy pic!!!!
    I have never seen mountains IRL. That is now a goal in life for me.
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  18. #2418

    Default

    You guys who have never seen mountains totally need to do that. It's breathtaking. I actually haven't been out to see any in a while. Must do that.
    Jenny, good luck with your new bc plan!

  19. #2419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    oh.. and Sunrider... I confess I had to giggle when I went to try on those dress pants..

    As you saw, I'm not very tall... and holding the pants up with the legs just skimming the ground, the waist band hit me right across the chest.. lol DH laughed and said I could wear them like those super high waisted jeans that were so in recently...
    Oops. I confess I didn't remember what pants were in there other than the capris.
    Maybe attack them with a pair of scissors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I have to really concentrate to remember if they were born on July 26th or 28th (I get confused because dh is the 28th of January, and it took me 8 years to remember his birthday and I still have to look at my calendar to make sure). Neither of us remember our anniversary.

    Congrats to Alisha for quitting smoking. That is incredibly difficult and the best thing you'll ever do for yourself and for Evie.
    I confess I mix up the 26th and 29th of Sept in my head all the time - one is my dog's birthday - she'll be 10 years old this year - the other is the date that TredHed proposed to me. Wearing a kilt, on one knee, in the Royal Gardens at the KC Renaissance Festival in 2002. It's an important date to me - you'd think I could remember which it happened on. I have to go back and look at a 2002 calendar to see which date fell on a Saturday to figure it out.

    Ditto the Congrats, Alisha, on quitting smoking. I remember seeing your ticker yesterday and thinking "wow, they make tickers for everything! how cool is that!". I've never been a smoker, but have seen how difficult it can be to quit. My cousin tried 3 times and still may not be successful. My mother quit cold turkey after more than 25 years - and never picked up another one.

    You can do it!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  20. #2420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    Wahh it sucks no one is near me I like my awesome secular mamas!!!
    If only we could have a Secular Mamas Convention . . . That would be awesome.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  21. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Oops. I confess I didn't remember what pants were in there other than the capris.
    Maybe attack them with a pair of scissors?
    They were some really cute Old Navy dress pants - one brown pair, and one grey pair..

    MIL is going to hem them for me! lol...

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    If only we could have a Secular Mamas Convention . . . That would be awesome.
    That would be like HEAVEN!

  22. #2422
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,520

    Default

    .
    Last edited by 3andMe; 09-14-2011 at 11:07 PM.


  23. #2423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post


    That would be like HEAVEN!


    I confess ahhhhhhhh! I am back from round one of camp and going back for more! only 9.5 days left. . . .
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)


  24. #2424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Oops. I confess I didn't remember what pants were in there other than the capris.
    Maybe attack them with a pair of scissors?



    I confess I mix up the 26th and 29th of Sept in my head all the time - one is my dog's birthday - she'll be 10 years old this year - the other is the date that TredHed proposed to me. Wearing a kilt, on one knee, in the Royal Gardens at the KC Renaissance Festival in 2002. It's an important date to me - you'd think I could remember which it happened on. I have to go back and look at a 2002 calendar to see which date fell on a Saturday to figure it out.

    Ditto the Congrats, Alisha, on quitting smoking. I remember seeing your ticker yesterday and thinking "wow, they make tickers for everything! how cool is that!". I've never been a smoker, but have seen how difficult it can be to quit. My cousin tried 3 times and still may not be successful. My mother quit cold turkey after more than 25 years - and never picked up another one.

    You can do it!

    I picked up cussing again
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  25. #2425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    If only we could have a Secular Mamas Convention . . . That would be awesome.
    That would be awesome!!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  26. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    TredHed proposed to me.
    I confess I just realize I've been typing his name as TredHEAD

  27. #2427
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11,734

    Default

    I confess I am paying dearly this week for last weeks laziness. Yes, its only Monday, but I've been hopping between getting my house looking perfect so it can get appraised at the highest possible price, planning my 10 year reunion and there are things that HAVE to get done NOW, and trying not to get caught up in wanting to think about Vegas... 'cause really, that's all I want to do.

    ^that is what I like to call a run on... Eat it up grammar police!!!
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

  28. Default

    I confess I am so jealous of your trip to Vegas Erin...

    I confess I just spent the last hour laughing my arse off at the families on Wife Swap!

  29. #2429

    Default

    I confess that i have been gone out of town for 4 days picking up my nephew and am too lazy to go back and read all the confessions I missed since I'm not feeling to well because of allergies that I always seem to get when travelling.

    I confess that on our road trips, DH and I usually listen to conservative talk radio so we can have a good laugh at the lies and crazy that some of the hosts spew. One kept talking about how sick it was that "the media" was focusing so much attention on Michael Jackson's death and not speaking of major issues facing congress, yet his whole show was about Michael Jackson and people calling in to complain about it, so IMO he was the same as "the media."

    I confess my favorite part of the show was when they were speaking about Obama and said he's a hypocrite and an undercover agnostic since he doesn't go to church anymore now that he's become president. I hope it's true.

    Erin

  30. #2430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    I confess I am paying dearly this week for last weeks laziness. Yes, its only Monday, but I've been hopping between getting my house looking perfect so it can get appraised at the highest possible price, planning my 10 year reunion and there are things that HAVE to get done NOW, and trying not to get caught up in wanting to think about Vegas... 'cause really, that's all I want to do.

    ^that is what I like to call a run on... Eat it up grammar police!!!
    *NOM NOM NOM*
    Mighty Tasty!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •