Page 768 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2686687187587667677687697707788188681268 ... LastLast
Results 23,011 to 23,040 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Yes, I am on meds - the dr. just upped my dose a bit this week. Still tired, but not as bad as it has been. It has gotten strangely easier to deal with being tired since I got off caffeine - I guess I am no longer trying to beat it and I just admit I am tired and go on with my day. I have Hashimoto's, which is an auto-immune thing where my body is slowly destroying my thyroid. Fun times.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I know I seriously need to get into the dr. Except for one visit after I had sudden, sharp abdominal pain that was severe enough to make me vomit, I haven't gone since my 6 week postpartum after Conner was born. I even have a Mirena and have neglected to have it checked like I should. I know I'll be going soon though 'cause I need to get that puppy changed. I'm hoping I can have everything taken care of in one visit though because I have very little sick time and 4 kids. I just said to Rich it would be really freaking nice if he had a job where he got sick time so we could take turns missing work to run the to appointments and such. I'm really starting to get resentful over everything now.

Sorry I'm crabby. I'd like to stick a fork in someones forehead I think. No one in particular. Just a really strong witchy feeling. Boo.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Chrissy, go find a pillow or large pumpkin and stick a fork in it. You could use it right now!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    Yes, I am on meds - the dr. just upped my dose a bit this week. Still tired, but not as bad as it has been. It has gotten strangely easier to deal with being tired since I got off caffeine - I guess I am no longer trying to beat it and I just admit I am tired and go on with my day. I have Hashimoto's, which is an auto-immune thing where my body is slowly destroying my thyroid. Fun times.
    So you probably get tireder or would without meds. Ick, that really doesn't sound like fun.

Chrissy! I agree with Gwen forking a pumpkin sounds like a good stress reliever!

I'm sorry.... the image cracked me up... now next time I get a pumpkin I'm going to have to stab it with a fork

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Actually, maybe I'll stick a fork in a pumpkin! Just thinking it through is making me feel better!

Me too!!! The ultimate stress reducer, I think we've come across something big ladies

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

It actually does sound like fun.

Stabbing a watermelon would work too, I think!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    Stabbing a watermelon would work too, I think!
    Definitely. And easier to come by this time of year.

I'm feeling satisfied just thinking about either. I'm glad I whined here. Y'all know how to lighten my mood!

Dude, Gwen a 4.8....that could definitely be why no pg! I am feeling pretty optimistic that once that is fixed, it might really do it for you. And if DH still is the same, maybe just getting the thyroid fixed and IUI will be it!
    I bet it helps with the the fatigue at least a bit. It's hard to remember because mine was so long ago and I do know I was really tired even after getting a good 8 hours sleep BUT I was also in college and staying up until 3am on a regular basis. LOL DH and I used to into his department at school and use the computer lab at night to play Age of Empires over the network. And Erin, you think YOU are a geek? Yes we did our homework in my dorm, would watch Star Trek and when the time for him to leave came (midnight on weeknights...it was a catholic school after all so boys had to sign in and couldn't stay the entire night)....we would go over to his school and play age of empires.

I confess....I really enjoy watching Say Yes to the Dress on TLC. And the vast majority of the time I think that the dresses are not all that pretty...especially for the price. Mine was made just for me and was a total of $400. I had to go that, I was too big for dresses at stores....and it was pretty cool that the woman who made my moms dress made mine.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thanks, Jennifer. I really do suspect this has been the issue all along now that I've been researching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    ... it was pretty cool that the woman who made my moms dress made mine.
    That is really cool

I'm very sentimental about things like that. I get it from my dad. The first time Rich took Jessica out deerhunting with him she was 8 years old. He took her in the woods behind our house, where I grew up. My father had a lifetime history in those woods hunting with his father too. So when Rich got a small button buck my father insisted on having the head mounted. It's by far not a trophy head at all, but it's all about the sentiment of father/child hunting generations in these particular woods. I love that about my dad.

Oh, and Jesi helped drag and gut it too. She's fearless!!

That's sweet.

But Chrissy, I have to ask ... When did NY girls start saying y'all?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    That's sweet.

But Chrissy, I have to ask ... When did NY girls start saying y'all?
    Always? Maybe not with a southern twang but here in Upstate NY we're all just as redneck as any southern state could think of being.

I guess! I never heard that in Westchester!

I don't think Westchester is upstate. They're a bunch of city slickers down there.

But actually my dad's family is NY redneck, some of them. I'll have to see if my cousin says y'all. She calls my dad Uncle Bud, which cracks me up as my dad is a rather stuffy, formal, classical-music loving physics professor. But to his family he's Bud!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I don't think Westchester is upstate. They're a bunch of city slickers down there.
    I think Manhattan people would disagree with you there! I'm about as suburban as you can get!

It would be interesting to see if they do. I don't actually say it often myself, but it's fairly common. "What are y'all doin?" or "Y'all want pizza for dinner?" I think those things are said every day by certain types. My mom's family, for example, are the kind that would use it. My dad's family are a bit more classy and wouldn't ever use slang of any kind.

I think Manhattan people would disagree with you there! I'm about as suburban as you can get!
    Manhattan people are clueless. Every year one of them gets up here and mistakes a cow for a deer. Every.freakin.year. Once one guy (I think he was actually from NJ) had a donkey strapped to his car thinking he'd gotten the biggest freakin deer for miles. I'm not making this up.

City slickers They're good for a laugh!! Except the farmers don't like 'em. Not at all...some that lease their land actually refuse to if they're from the city for fear of losing livestock.

Most people from AZ are from somewhere else and I've always used the y'all thing to tell whose roots are Southern vs Northern. But there are definitely northern rednecks.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Manhattan people are clueless. Every year one of them gets up here and mistakes a cow for a deer. Every.freakin.year. Once one guy (I think he was actually from NJ) had a donkey strapped to his car thinking he'd gotten the biggest freakin deer for miles. I'm not making this up.

City slickers They're good for a laugh!! Except the farmers don't like 'em. Not at all...some that lease their land actually refuse to if they're from the city for fear of losing livestock.
    LOL! Too funny. And sad.

Most people from AZ are from somewhere else and I've always used the y'all thing to tell whose roots are Southern vs Northern. But there are definitely northern rednecks.
    Really? I guess I never thought about it. I knew it was attributed to the south but I never questioned why I was hearing it all over in the north. Maybe it's just the southern tier I'm in that does it...I'm certainly not familiar with all of upstate ny's habits. And perhaps our ancestors came from the south? Who knows.

Who knows. I love stuff like that, though.

You would! and I never even think about it...but now that I have, I agree it is interesting.

The redneck conversation is quite interesting. When I visited my cousin's family in Michigan when I was 18, I was stunned that they liked country music. I always thought only Southern folk listened to the good stuff! It's funny how we have these perceptions of people and places. I get it a lot from British people stereotyping Americans in to one big group. One guy once asked my why there were no plastic bags in America. I was all like, "say what?" And he was like, "Yeah, in movies, they always buy groceries and pack them in paper bags." LOL. The only time I ever remember gettting paper bags was at our little rinky-dink community store.

What a great conversation! It's 5:30 am and darnit if I can't fall back asleep. I'm officially an early riser.
    I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life and I often say y'all just because I like it. What other plural form of "you" is there? I guess it's from all the years of waitressing/bartending where I did't like to say, "you guys" for a group of ladies.
    When I was driving home from my brother's for dinner last night I was thinking about this thread and wondering if I would ever meet any of you in real life.

Gwenn, I am SO excited for you!