Page 725 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2256256757157237247257267277357758251225 ... LastLast
Results 21,721 to 21,750 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Oh no Jennifer I hope she's okay.

The sand box sounds like a pain Chrissy!

I'm sure that the heat doesn't help though they do have air conditioning at his grandparents house. She's had breathing issues in the past and has a machine and all that at home. I believe that she's almost 90...I'm not very close to her but she was important to DH growing up and worst is his mom. We LOVE his mom and she does not need this right now. Pretty much the whole past year has been sh*tting on her from her husband wanting divorce, house is underwater, some major medical bills between her and the dog, her mom having issues and on Friday she found out her job was cutting her title and pay by like 8k a year but not responsibility.

Ok just heard from MIL and she talked to her brother and said grandma is doing ok right now. She's going to stay in chicago and go back up to Milwaukee in the morning (that is about a 2 hour drive).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Chrissy, I'm glad that the packing and moving sounds like it is coming along ok. I know what a PITA that is!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Your poor mother-in-law. I hate it when horrible things seem to happen one after another to good people. I hope life cuts her a break really soon. It sounds like she's overdue for one.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Everyone assumes that because the semester is done that it's our quiet time. Hardly! I cannot sit for a second. I run to help one person just to come back and see a message waiting from another. While retrieving said message, phone rings again. Gah!!

Glad you are almost done with the packing Chrissy. I deplore packing and usually end up throwing most of our stuff away. Stuff I cannot or won't throw away after a while, I will just stuff it in big garbage bags. I am so bad that I still have a couple things I have yet to unpack from garbage bags from 2007 when we moved into our house. But I guess I see it as a good thing since when I decide to go through the stuff, I always find something I missed and am happy about seeing again, like last time I found a whole stack of Ky's baby pictures I hadn't seen in years.

So sorry about your DH's grandma Jennifer. Especially considering how it will affect your MIL. I hope she is able to make a quick recovery but I know it is so difficult with our elder relatives, especially those in advanced years. It seems it is always more difficult for them to get better after illness or health events.

Erin

Thanks Chrissy! I feel the same way about you....you need the stress in life to settle down a bit. Hope that the moving process at least can go smoothly!

Thanks Erin. Sounds like grandma is in intensive care but they are thinking that she will go home in a few days. I suspect she was not listening and trying to do a little bit of gardening...she's close to 90 and well it's FREAKING hot up here. I have a hard time breathing when the heat index is like 110.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

We just had the worst Dell technician in our office earlier. Omg-he muttered to himself and was swearing and everything. He was getting louder and louder and then asked really snottily, “Don’t you guys have any paper towels?!” I mean, he was almost yelling. He started slamming things and wouldn’t you know it, a part broke on the laptop he was working on. He asked to use our phone but didn’t know the number of the office he needed so he called a generic Dell line. He continuously barked, “Is this DSPQ?” to each rep and then started harping, “This is the 5th time I’ve been transferred! I need DSPQ!!” Ultimately, he gave up and decided to go to his car and use his company phone (der der der, shoulda had it with ya buddy?) but not before telling the last rep that he only has 45 minutes for parking up here as “there’s no parking on this campus!” and that due to their ineptitude he was going to get a ticket.

While he was pissing and moaning, I typed “temper temper” in my Facebook. John was trying not to bust out laughing and he saw me grinning so he looked on Facebook for a diversion. He saw my status and had to leave the room.

So now all John has to do is say DSPQ and I fall into a fit of giggles...but really, I hope John sticks around when that guy comes back tomorrow. He was sorta ornery the last time he was here. He keeps getting worse.

Wow, he sounds like a joy!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Wow what an arse Chrissy. I would call and complain. I have always had awesome service from Dell.

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

It would be too difficult to complain to someone that matters. It was a warranty service so I chatted with Dell online. They agreed to send a tech out to fix it and started a ticket for that. From there, some other department at Dell contacts a contract service provider in our area to schedule the technician to visit. He's not even a Dell employee and we don't have the number to the company he does work for. I'm sure if I really wanted to, I could figure it out but it's not worth it. Hopefully he'll fix her laptop tomorrow and we'll never have to see him again.

LOL, I saw your facebook status unfold as that was happening.

LOL, I saw that on FB, Chrissy! He sounds like the computer guy that Jimmy Fallon used to play on Saturday Night Live!

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    LOL, I saw that on FB, Chrissy! He sounds like the computer guy that Jimmy Fallon used to play on Saturday Night Live!
    I need to look this up and share with John.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    LOL, I saw your facebook status unfold as that was happening.
    Me too. DSPQ

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I told John the next time he annoys me I'm going to yell, "Get me DSPQ ASAP!!!"

I could only find this crappy version of it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TzHb...27A5F2C85FB32E

Or Get me DSPQ PDQ

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

My home dsl is acting slow I'll have to try to watch it at work tomorrow. I'm exhausted & probably won't be online much tonight. I had to log on and post a public 'thank you' to ShannonG. She sent Bobbie a small gift and a card for me.

How sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    I could only find this crappy version of it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TzHb...27A5F2C85FB32E
    That was funny, but the guy seemed tame and nice compared to our tech. Oh, and I have to say I love me some Jamie Foxx!! *pants like a dog*

I nearly turned on my video recorder on my phone and captured the audio of what was going on yesterday. If he acts up today, I'll do it and share with ya. It's really unbelievable how 'professional' people can act sometimes. He's about the worst I've ever seen.

I need cash and I cannot remember my pin #. I thought I knew it and tried a number of combinations...now I think if I get it right my card may be locked

N only weighed in at 10lbs 11oz today - fully clothed with cloth diaper and all. Two weeks ago he weighed 10lbs 7oz butt naked I think he is loosing weight again What is a mama to do??

I feel like such a bad mommy

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    That was funny, but the guy seemed tame and nice compared to our tech. Oh, and I have to say I love me some Jamie Foxx!! *pants like a dog*

I nearly turned on my video recorder on my phone and captured the audio of what was going on yesterday. If he acts up today, I'll do it and share with ya. It's really unbelievable how 'professional' people can act sometimes. He's about the worst I've ever seen.

I need cash and I cannot remember my pin #. I thought I knew it and tried a number of combinations...now I think if I get it right my card may be locked
    Usually its 3 trys and it locks you out. Some institions can unlock it for you, but normally theres a 24hr lapse period before it will automatically reset itself Such a pain when you need cahs

F'n A. I don't want to deal with this today but I need cash!

Chrissy, I'm sorry that atm is not behaving for you.

And Christiana....you are most definitely NOT a bad momma. You are doing everything you can to find out why Nolan isn't gaining. A good momma cares about her child and does everything she can to help them and find out when something is not right.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thanks Jennifer. Deep down I know your right. I just feel like such a failure anymore. I'm running out of options

Aw Christina, this is where you just let your doctors take the lead and trust that they've seen this 1000 times before.

I'm sorry, Christina. I'm sure you'll come up with something to help N soon. It is hard when you just don't know what to do to make it better.

Travis had his preview day at pre school today. Rich went with him because he won't have many days where he can take him or pick him up so I wanted him to go with him just so that he had a chance to see him there. He only stayed 20 minutes because he said Travis was having so much fun without him. I was relieved and even cried a little because I felt proud of Travis.

I'm sorry, Christina. I'm sure you'll come up with something to help N soon. It is hard when you just don't know what to do to make it better.

Travis had his preview day at pre school today. Rich went with him because he won't have many days where he can take him or pick him up so I wanted him to go with him just so that he had a chance to see him there. He only stayed 20 minutes because he said Travis was having so much fun without him. I was relieved and even cried a little because I felt proud of Travis.