Page 699 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 199 599 649 689697698699700701 709 749 799 1199 ... LastLast
Results 20,941 to 20,970 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Yup! He's the one I really like!

Woo hoo! I wonder how they choose who they're going to follow? Do you feel 'performance anxiety' to post something witty, clever, and funny?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I don't know! I wasn't even on when he followed me but I had sent him a couple tweets recently.
    I do feel a little bit of pressure but his timeline probably goes by so fast I don't know if he'll ever notice me again. However now I can send him DM's (personal messages that go to his inbox). I won't abuse it though...really.

Actually it might have been because I recently changed my name from TonightForever (a subtle nkotb reference) to JoesLuckyGirl and posted that picture of him and me as my userpic. He tends to follow people with catchy twitter names that refer to him. And it's funny because I really did feel like something was going to happen after I changed my name.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Guysssssssss
    OMG I hate to interrupt the dress talk but but
    Joe McIntyre is freaking following me on twitter. I'm dying....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

My only news is that I now have 15 pages of my porfolio finished (actually 30 since we have two of everything). The book we have to use holds 25 pages so I'm more than half finished!!!! It has been HARD to try to decide what to put in. One I went back and forth on. This one

But I am putting it in. Not the cutest picture of me BUT I LOVE Star Trek and sci-fy. I don't speak Klingon or anything but yeah both DH and I are nerdy sci-fy people Star Trek, BSG, Stargate....Love it.

And than there is the page I'm going to work on tonight or tomrrow. It's a two cute pictures of us in Vegas...one at the Eiffel Tower there. I mean it's Vegas and we don't want to come off as gambling drinking stripper lovers. (though I don't mind the drinks and DH does like the roulette wheel! LOL). But really there is so much more to it there, all the shows and sightseeing. So I'm going to put it in. I mean if I have to be in a relationship with these people for life....I want the best match to us as possible. If they like/want super christian hunters......not the right match for us either.

If anyone is interested in seeing the rest of the pages....let me know as I have a private album on FB.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Kate, that's so cool about Twitter!

Jennifer, did you post a pic? I can't see it, if you did.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Jennifer that looks really cute!!! I love scrapbooking!!!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Cute picture Jennifer!
    DH and I went to Vegas for our honeymoon and you're right there's much more to it. We had a great time. I'd go back. There is just so much to do...we were kind of overwhelmed.

Oh, I see it now! Wonder what happened? Very cute!

Last edited by Cosmosmom; 06-20-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Jennifer that looks really cute!!! I love scrapbooking!!!

Thanks...I'm very new to it and just got into it for this portfolio. I have spent sooooooo much money between the papers, the cricut, cartridges, adhesive, sticker maker, printing out doubles of pictures, embellishments......OMG.

Once this thing is done I think that I HAVE to have a new hobby.

Oh and the fun part is that the books we have to use hold pages that are 8.75x11.....so every 12x12 has to be cut down.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Last edited by Cosmosmom; 06-20-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Thanks...I'm very new to it and just got into it for this portfolio. I have spent sooooooo much money between the papers, the cricut, cartridges, adhesive, sticker maker, printing out doubles of pictures, embellishments......OMG.

Once this thing is done I think that I HAVE to have a new hobby.

Oh and the fun part is that the books we have to use hold pages that are 8.75x11.....so every 12x12 has to be cut down.....
    That stinks you have to cut them all down like that, what a pain Scrapbooking is an addiction and can get VERY expensive depending on how far into it you get! It looks like your doing a great job though I'm on my third scrapbook (this one is Nolan's) I wish I had more time... I could spend hours doing it!

Very nice Jennifer!

I actually thought of you today...remember when I told you that I thought the adoptive parents of my now 20-some-year-old biological cousin were also parents of a child in Sydney's class? Well I think I was walking with them today. I didn't say anything, of course, but I am very curious about them. And Connie, of course. I hear she's doing very, very well and the last I heard she was in school to be a pediatrician. They've since adopted at least 2 other children. I believe Connie was their first foster child and they adopted her that way...I often wonder if they had always intended on that sort of life as they did have at least 2 of their own children when they adopted her, or if this was something that developed after they met/fell in love with her.

The little girl in Sydney's class seems to be very happy and well adjusted, from what I can tell.

I stayed up too late again

Why do I do that to myself? Comedian Mike Birbiglia talks about it - that there's the nighttime Mike and then the morning Sleepy Carl. Sleepy Carl always pays for everything - nighttime Mike gets all the fun.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Speaking of staying up late, I just went into the kitchen for some ice cream (I know, I know). I noticed the floor in front of the freezer was really cold, which seemed strange, and then I noticed the freezer drawer (we have a bottom freezer) was partly open. I checked the temperature and it said the freezer temperature was 27 (recommended setting is 0). My ice cream, which was somehow underneath the icemaker, is much warmer than that and completely melted. OMG, I am so annoyed with DH (who was the last one in the freezer). We went shopping and there is a ton of frozen meat in there, good stuff from the farmer's market. I will be seriously pissed if we have to throw away a whole freezer full of food, although the chicken seemed pretty frozen. So.annoyed.with DH.right.now.

I know what you mean, Katy! I'm like that too. Right now i'm suffering from little sleep because both boys were up all through the night and my husband is sick, too, so I have no help. I'm just exhausted. I don't do too well on little sleep. And i'm teaching a lesson at school today so it's not like I can even lay low. Woe is me.

Okay, I went through the freezer and one bag of chicken was thawed, but the rest was still frozen. Seems like part of the freezer was warmer or something and the food under the thawed bag of chicken was protected. Put that in the fridge for now but I might throw it out. DH just said he hasn't been in the freezer all day, and neither have I. Eek.

Yuck Mandy!
    Our freezer is weird, sometimes it will pop open if you close the fridge too hard. We've neve lost food though.

Joe answered my direct message....I thanked him for the follow and asked what I did to deserve it. He said "U were u. That's y." LOL I guess I can overlook grammatical issues for Joe. He's usually more eloquent.

So I replied back and said 'do you remember me at all? my userpic is from cruise 2011'. I'm sure if he doesn't, he'll make up something nice.

I can't believe I'm having an internet conversation with my favorite celebrity ever.

How weird about the freezer Mandy. Ours 'pops' open if I have too much stuff in it.

Kate-that's pretty cool!

I really wish I could take a leave of absence from work (or quit) and just focus on renovating my house for this summer.

House renovation is a lot of work! We have only done minor stuff and we're lucky to know a guy who is pretty much a handyman in many areas...he fixed our ceiling that was leaking, refinished our shower, built our new front steps and finished off our gate so it's completely enclosed now. It's all good work and he's very fair with prices. Do you know anyone you can depend on to help you or are you set on doing it yourself?

I know this is a total shot in the dark but now that I have Joe following me and he actually seems to read his messages I was wondering if I could use it to my advantage somehow...maybe he'd hire me to be his personal chef or a nanny to his children LOL Of course then I'd have to move out to L.A.!

Totally kidding of course but I am sort of wondering how I can kind of make myself be noticed more. Twitter can be a powerful thing.

We're doing it ourselves. It's not that we're incapable, it's just time that's a real inhibitor...plus, I just get anxious about it. I can't help myself. I was just talking to Rich about possibly taking a couple personal days so we can focus on doing a lot of work there. Maybe once I really see progress I'll start feeling better about it.

I have no advice on how to get his attention that way Kate! Or, really, how to use Twitter as a marketing tool. I know people do it...but that's not something I know anything about.

Yeah, if you take a couple personal days that might help move things along. It kind of sucks to only be able to work on something a couple hours a day (at most)

Home renovation is SO time consuming! We usually have the best luck during 3 day weekends so our holidays are usually not really holidays Luckily DH is a jack of all trades so anything we need done he can do it Although all that has been put on hold pretty much for the past year and a half to 2 years since going on Clomid and getting pregnant with N. I seem to have an issue with buying itty bitty people clothes and toys

Wanted to share a funny from Ky. I thought it was funny at least.

I have been speaking to him about stranger danger for as long as I can remember really and he would always ask me what do kidnappers do to kids when they are kidnapped. I would just say "bad things" or that they would grab him or something and not want to go into details and scare him. But recently since he is older, if he asks me I will tell him something. There was a news story here recently where a lady was keeping modern day slaves, teenage girls, in her house from Nigeria and forcing them to work for her and abusing them. I told him sometimes people keep kids as slaves and force them to do work for them like the lady on the news did. He was shocked and said "I didn't know people still had slaves!" So I explained how it is rare here in America but that slavery is still rampant in other areas in the world and how horrible it is. He was still shocked and said "I can't believe they still have slaves in America. What state still has slaves? Alabama!"

I thought that was freaking hilarious!! What would make him think of Alabama is beyond me. Hope it didn't offend but I thought it was soooooo funny and I assured him that Alabama didn't allow slavery. We've been to Birmingham and we didn't see any slaves (or did we, he said!)

Erin

That's funny, Erin!

That is funny, Erin! Alabama...hee hee

Erin that is hilarious Little kids crack me up with the things they come up with!!

Since we're sharing funny stories-I was with my in-laws the other day at the grocery store just to pick up some veg and bread. Travis picked up a bag of veg that had broccoli, carrots and cauliflower in it and handed it to my MIL and said, "Veggies make my poo soft." LOL....my DH had been lecturing him about making good food choices a few days before!