Page 681 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1815816316716796806816826836917317811181 ... LastLast
Results 20,401 to 20,430 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

I haven't had that happen, but if I had pics with someone else's child on Facebook, I wouldn't be surprised if that child's family tagged themselves so that their own family could see them.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I think it's annoying when people tag someone who isn't even in the picture...I didn't realize it was for sharing purposes.

DH is such an enabler!
    He goes on about how we can't afford all these new kids shows and the cruise and all that and today I walked in the house after dropping off Josh and he goes "You know, new kids tickets to Fenway aren't very expensive on ebay...why haven't you gotten any yet?"

So, because I don't need to be told twice-or usually even once-I was immediately on facebook, messaging my SIL to see if she wanted to go, she couldn't go, so I messaged another friend (because I'm sick of going to NK things on my own or being the one nobody really knows) and I'm waiting on her...and I just know that at some point after the show I'm going to get grief about it...but this is one of the few things I completely enjoy doing and dammit I'm going to do it!

I hope your friend can go!

I had just caught her on twitter and she said she was bummed because her sisters didn't want to go, so she wasn't going. So when my SIL said she couldn't, I messaged her.
    There is some serious feuding going on because they're touring with the backstreet boys, LOL. It's like you have to be team nkotb or team bsb. I like both.

Kate, I think that kids just don't think sometimes the way we do. I bet Josh just got some on his hand and figured that the wall was a good place to wipe it off....I mean it's gross so better on the wall than on my hand. Plus the wall gets magically cleaned off. He's probably not thinking hey what can I do to gross out and annoy mommy.
    And I hope that you get the tickets! Everyone should get to do things that they enjoy.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess....I don't know how all you ladies in the south do this. Yesterday it was 94 (and humid) here. Last time it was that hot was two years ago. Today it's supposed to be 96 or 97 and humid and break a record. Normally in a whole summer, we might have a couple of days above 90....but this is early still in the summer.
    And it's not like you can enjoy this outside because of all the little knats and bugs flying around with it being so humid.
    I would much rather have it be cold than this! I like 50's and 60's best.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I just don't go outside after 8:30 am or before 7:30 pm between Memorial Day and September 30. Unless it is to swim and I tend to think it is too hot to even swim, but JoJo wants to go so I go...

I hate summer.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Bridget that pic is just hilarious!!!

Kate, I also wouldn't worry about the poop. Ky used to do that, it is when I made him start cleaning up his own bathroom. My younger brothers all did it too. I figured it was a gross boy thing. My older brother did it as well and his thinking was similar to what Jennifer said, he didn't want poop on his hands/fingers so he put it on the wall. He also used to wipe his boogers all over the wall by his bed, we shared a room so I had to constantly look at the booger wall. That was when I realized, as a 5 year old, that boys were some gross creatures.

It is suppose to be the same temp here today Jennifer. Ninety four is not that bad IMO anymore. Once you are in the hot weather for a while, you get used to it. It took me about 3 years to get used to it but now as long as it is around 95 or less and there is a breeze, I'm fine. I admit though that I do hate summers here and long for October in May since we have such mild winters and it is wonderful weather IMO from the end of September through the middle of May.

Forgot to mention that my DH completely healed from his hurt knee. I didn't even say "told you so." But he did cut me some, I-know-you-want-to-say-I-told-you-so looks LOL. And I did, but I don't like to do that. I just told him I was happy it was nothing and reinforced the idea of waiting a day or two to check for improvement before going to the doctor. He also cancelled the MRI, which even though we didn't have to pay anything for, I'm happy he did because I hate wasting expensive medical procedures, plus if too many people in our group act like him and go get all these procedures for sprains, then our premium may go up and I don't want that. I did tell him that, which was the main reason he cancelled it.

Erin

I love summer and have yet to feel a heat that makes me go, "Make it stop!!" Sure I pant and sweat more, but I don't mind it.

Chrissy, it isn't so much how hot it gets ( though it does get HOT, over 110 degrees in August), it is the duration. Two summers ago we had over 40 days straight, EVERY SINGLE DAY over 100. I am sure it is just like winter up there where there comes a point where it just starts making you crazy.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I'm miserably cold the second it gets below 75. I hate it.

Right now we don't have a/c in our windows because we expected to be moving early July (it's now going to be later July) and it's not normally this warm so early in the year yet. We've already had a couple 90+ days, and tomorrow is going to be 94 (I'm excited ) I was just telling Rich that I was liking not having a/c and he said, "Don't get used to it."

If it were me by myself, I wouldn't have a/c at all.

double post
    Last edited by demigraf; 06-07-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Will one of you ladies in the hot zones puh-lease send me a box of sunshine and warmth? I love heat - don't even mind humidity that much. Not only is the Bay Area a lot cooler than my hometown of Los Angeles, but it's been unseasonably cold and rainy lately. It's making me want to wear black all the time and become insufferably too hip for everything.

People are always surprised when they hear I grew up right here. I'm so sensitive to getting cold, they think I must have been raised in S Cal or a desert.

On another note, I just found out that my dad, aunt, uncle and their spouses got together to celebrate my grandmother's 86th birthday this weekend. No one said a word to us about it. While I don't see her often, I do feel left out and a bit offended. Dad was just at our house Wednesday too. I don't understand them.

I have a hard time breathing outside with it like this. I would die without AC. Once it's past the very low 70's during the day, my central air goes on. I think that I would divorce DH if he tried to not let me have AC....I'm that crabby when I'm hot and sweating.

Plus Cosmo needs central air....she is too much a princess to be that hot. When it's nice out, she will dwadle outside....when it's like this, she's done and ready at the door faster than when it was 2 degrees out there!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Will one of you ladies in the hot zones puh-lease send me a box of sunshine and warmth? I love heat - don't even mind humidity that much. Not only is the Bay Area a lot cooler than my hometown of Los Angeles, but it's been unseasonably cold and rainy lately. It's making me want to wear black all the time and become insufferably too hip for everything.
    I'm sorry. I'm going to be selfish and keep my 94 for tomorrow. Maybe one of the other ladies will be kind to you.

about dressing in all black and being insufferably too hip. I'm afraid I went through a similar stage in my teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I have a hard time breathing outside with it like this. I would die without AC. Once it's past the very low 70's during the day, my central air goes on. I think that I would divorce DH if he tried to not let me have AC....I'm that crabby when I'm hot and sweating.

Plus Cosmo needs central air....she is too much a princess to be that hot. When it's nice out, she will dwadle outside....when it's like this, she's done and ready at the door faster than when it was 2 degrees out there!
    I'm sure if I lived in a predominately warm climate (like TX or AZ) then I'd want a/c. I can see where having many days of one extreme temperature could become overwhelming...but, I can't see hating the hot more than I hate the cold. I don't believe I would. And I'm sure I'd spend more time outside than natives.

Awww Chrissy.....I would be hurt by that also. I don't get families like that either.

Myles, bay area would be my ideal weather! If it wasn't for the earthquakes, cost of living, and population density....I would love to live in SF.

I don't mind the cold (though it gets old after a while) but am not that fond of snow...well it will be fine once I can be retired and only drive on days I want to. But heat, nope turns me into a whining crabby b*tch if I have to be in it for too long. Thank god DH knows me so well and puts up with me when we have traveled in summers! He's good about making sure that I can rest in shade if needed and that I have lots of water. He tolerates it better than I do.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Awww Chrissy.....I would be hurt by that also. I don't get families like that either.

Myles, bay area would be my ideal weather! If it wasn't for the earthquakes, cost of living, and population density....I would love to live in SF.

I don't mind the cold (though it gets old after a while) but am not that fond of snow...well it will be fine once I can be retired and only drive on days I want to. But heat, nope turns me into a whining crabby b*tch if I have to be in it for too long. Thank god DH knows me so well and puts up with me when we have traveled in summers! He's good about making sure that I can rest in shade if needed and that I have lots of water. He tolerates it better than I do.
    That's very sweet of him. He's much like my dh is to me when I'm whining about the cold. He'll scrape my car off for me, and if he's home when I'm about to leave he'll always go out and start it for me. He also keeps the fireplace going so the living room area is above 80 for me.

What our men do to please us!!! I'm also much like you are in the heat when it's cold out. I get so cranky and miserable I can't stand myself. On the plane in from AZ it was the 1st or 2nd week of April and the pilot told us there would be snow showers when we landed in Ithaca. I actually had tears come to my eyes and had to really fight to keep from crying.

Whoever wants the really hot weather can have it! I don't hate it-in fact I prefer it, over winter, but boy I wish we had a longer spring. I could really live where it's in the 60's and 70's year round. It's already going to be in the 90's here this week.

I'm sorry you were left out Chrissy that stinks.

It didn't appear any of my other cousins were there, either, but Tim & I are the only ones that really live close. I mean, that park is just 2 blocks from my mom's house. We would have gone if we would have known.

I remember when my dad's wife had a bday party for my dad but she didn't tell us. We stopped in and saw everyone there. She was very pissy to us.

I hate it when families are like that It still blows DH's mind that my family all speaks to each other. He doesn't even know his dad's side of the family.

Oh, just a little kudos to DH (because I don't give him enough)--
    Because I was so upset about the photo op from the cruise coming out bad, he took me out the day of the concert last week and bought me a new dress and sweater I was freezing but I looked good!

I think the Bay Area kind of needs to maintain its image of being this expensive, overpopulated place where the ground might lurch under your feet at any moment, sending panes of glass the size of Buicks raining down from the buildings overhead. Perhaps that helps keep the cost of living down and leaves more seats on the train for those of us who do live here. LOL.

What does keep me up at night is the threat of tsunami. See this map?

See Daly City just beneath San Francisco? The fault line juts out into the ocean just a bit offshore right there where my town of Pacifica lies. My house is up a canyon and 400+ ft above sea level so I feel ok about a tsunami striking while we're all at home, but Bodhi's little pre-preschool is 3 blocks from the ocean and the thought of him being there during a tsunami freaks me out. The school had to close down the day of the Japan tsunami.

When I play a tsunami out in my head, I think which way the giant wall of water would flow. The one mildly reassuring thought is that there is a 4-lane highway between Bodhi's school and the water (one has to cross an overpass to get to the ocean), and that road is kind of dug out below sea level, so the school actually sits at least 50 ft above it. The water would have to fill the highway, and still rise up above it in order to get to the kids. In the best case scenario, the highway would act as a super-sized gutter and send all the water a mile or so south. I mean who knows. It depends on just how much water there is. Enough of it, and it would still be very, very bad.

I don't think there's ever been a real tsunami near San Francisco (though Santa Cruz got hit with some bad waves from the Japan one, and there are tsunami evacuation route signs everywhere). So let's hope we never have to find out.
    Last edited by demigraf; 06-07-2011 at 12:09 PM.

chrissy, that stinks that they didn't think to invite you to your gramma's celebration. I think anyone who's a gramma must not feel like they have a lot of birthdays left. It would be nice to have as many loved ones around as possible for the ones you do have.

kate, that's a really sweet story about your DH. I can say mine has never bought an article of clothing for me besides maybe a sweatshirt.

Chrissy! Why would they do that? How rude.

Jennifer, we are near 100 degrees over here by madison. It's sweltering. Thank goodness my daycare is in the basement and it is so cool down here that I wore a sweater for most of the morning. I felt bad not bringing the kids outside but I don't want Sawyer in this heat.

Dbf buys me clothes and he usually does a good job. At any rate, he buys things that most woman would probably like. ( I'm so not his type it's crazy.) A few things I have in my closet that he bought that I will never wear but that I do appreciate: A hot pink pair of sweatpants that say Juicy Couture on the butt 2)A very soft angora wool half sweater. (I don't like those. They're like...sleeves and that's it) 3) a very expensive, very heavy gold and ruby necklace. It's beautiful but so so so not my style.
    I have a lot of things from his that I do wear though.

I remember once when his mom visited us in Hawaii and she sort of sprung it on us that she'd watch Savana (she was our only then) so we could go out. I was ready in like 7 minutes. She said, "Wow, it must be great for M that you don't do anything to yourself and can get ready so fast. He's used to the opposite, his ex was always dolled up."
    Hmmmm. Is it just me or do her compliments sound like insults? lol
    Last edited by Bridget; 06-07-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Well since I was with him I did get to try it on first...LOL
    OH and then he bought me two bras from VS each one cost more than my dress for heaven's sake! I was reminded why I never buy bras there...but they are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Hmmmm. Is it just me or do her compliments sound like insults? lol
    Yeah, that was an odd thing to say. I wouldn't really know how to take it either, and probably would have taken it in the most insulting way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Well since I was with him I did get to try it on first...LOL
    OH and then he bought me two bras from VS each one cost more than my dress for heaven's sake! I was reminded why I never buy bras there...but they are nice.
    Sounds like he really spoiled you!! Yay!

My manager just talked to me and yes, my job has been eliminated. The best case scenario is that I could still work through the end of July. At worst, I'm done at the end of June. :/