Page 677 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1775776276676756766776786796877277771177 ... LastLast
Results 20,281 to 20,310 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #20281

    Default

    I also have a high threshold for pain. I don't complain about being in pain either, like moaning or whining or anything like that. I will just hold out in my room until the pain subsides and if I need to do something I will do it through the pain.

    I wanted to laugh in his face when he told me that he couldn't drive because he was in excrutiating pain. He was a butthead after the birth of both of our children and I had 2 c-sections, he did not help me at all with baby care or cleaning up or driving. I was in excrutiating pain at the time and had to deal with taking care of the children and BFing and cooking and picking up Ky from school. Not to mention the fact I had a horrible infection after Elle's birth and had to go on some really strong antibiotic for a few weeks and I was dizzy and felt like I was going to die. He thought I was lying about how much pain I was in because I don't grimace or show it on my face or make big complaints about it. I'll just say it's there. He does all the theatrics.

    I am nice though and can understand that he is in some pain so I try to be understanding, but every time I've been in excrutiating pain, I go out of my way to not be a bother to him or blame him for my predicament. And that is what bothers me the most as I am beyond helpful even though I want to roll my eyes out of my head at times at his comments.

    He has been better this evening though and got crutches. He did have them schedule him an MRI to see if he tore his miniscus but the doctor didn't think that was what happened. Luckily we don't have to pay for any procedures like MRIs or other scans out of pocket, it will be totally covered so I'm happy we have great insurance for DH.

    Also I am not very trusting of doctors and think they are full of crap a lot of times and limit myself to visiting them to once or twice a year. They are always pushing pills and guessing and though I do feel like there is a need for medical care and perscriptions, I just think pills in general are prescribed way too much and that most health concerns (especially stubbed toes) do not require a doctor's visit. Though this has come back to bite me as well since if I had gone to the doctor sooner with my infection, it probably wouldn't have been so bad. They were talking of admitting me to the hospital then.

    I like a dentist more than an MD since at least I have extra shiny teeth after seeing them.

    Oh, and welcome to the group Simply!!

    Erin

  2. #20282

    Default

    We just got back from a party we were invited to with basically all the moms and kids around Josh's age from church. It was very nice and fun for Josh but being around a lot of well adjusted, smart, well-informed moms who mostly also have careers makes me feel like a total loser.
    I know that lurking behind those perfect exteriors they may have screwed up lives just like me but I still felt really out of place and I'm bummed out now because of it.

  3. #20283

    Default

    Erin I am so in your boat on the opinion of dr's being full of it. I will always try to heal myself before I even consider any type of medication. I use garlic for everything lol. I cannot remember the last time I went to the dr for an illness. Several years at least. I think it was for a spider bite when I lived in Hawaii that was eating away at my skin.

    Kate, you are smart and fabulous and your career is raising that young man. Don't sell yourself short, Mama, Those women got nothing on you.

  4. #20284

    Default

    I didn't mean that not having a career outside the house makes me a loser. It's just...I feel so lost, and it worries me that I still feel this way at this age when women my age or younger seem completely content with where they are, whether it's staying at home or working or doing both. I'm not happy. Being a stay at home mom is driving me insane but I don't know what else I'd be happy doing.

  5. #20285

    Default

    So just to show you ladies the other side of the picture, here's a concrete example of the way I am that drives dbf mad. I guess I can see how my behavior might be annoying but at least it's not outright rude and hurtful. To me that is the difference.
    He cooked fish for dinner tonight. I made the salad and kept the kids busy while he cooked. We all enjoyed the meal and then he asked me if I was going to clean the kitchen since he already cleaned it twice today. He cleaned it this morning and then this afternoon loaded all the daycare dishes. I was holding Sawyer at the time so I said if he could keep Sawyer entertained I'd be more than happy to clean the kitchen. He rolled his eyes and walked to the living room.
    So I had Sawyer in a good, playful mood and handed him off to dbf. I emptied the dishwasher and then remembered that our butterflies down in the daycare had started to emerge from their cocoons earlier so I wanted to bring them up to the living room so the kids wouldn't miss it. I came up and we saw 2 of them had emerged. I then walked to the flower garden with Savana to get some petals and her and Kai and I dropped water on them and put them in the butterfly cage.

    Then Sawyer got fussy.
    And the kitchen was still messy.
    So I took Sawyer and he went and cleaned the kitchen.
    So that is what he's dealing with over here.

  6. #20286
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Avoiding Work
    Posts
    14,719

    Default

    Thanks for the welcome ladies

    Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog


  7. Default

    I confess I am now happily unemployed!!! WOOT!

  8. #20288
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess I am now happily unemployed!!! WOOT!
    Woohoo!

    Bridget, I could so see myself doing something similar.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  9. #20289

    Default

    LOL Bridget.
    I drive DH crazy in just as many ways, if not more, as he drives me crazy. I'm "not domesticated", as he likes to put it. I try not to think about that phrase too hard, like what am I, a dog? But I'm horrible at cleaning or picking up clutter, I don't know how to garden to save my life-I tried to weed today and I gave up because I couldn't tell the difference between the weeds and the plants anymore I'm not a natural at anything but cooking, really. That saves me.
    Woo Ash! Congrats!

  10. #20290
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Being a stay at home mom is driving me insane but I don't know what else I'd be happy doing.
    Kate, I honestly think that you just need to get out and do something...anything! I know for me when I was home all day nothing sounded 'appetizing' when I thought of various careers. It was like I was stuck in a rut, but I couldn't visualize my way out of it. I started as a cashier, went to data entry, then to admin assist. I was laid off from there and that's when I went to school for what I do now.

    I know I 'belong' in the computer field, but I'm not sure what direction to go in. I'd like more learning opportunities so I can 'taste' some things. I have a feeling networking is really my thing, but I don't get to do it enough to really know if I'd be good at it. So I just stay put and feel unsatisfied in my job.

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    So just to show you ladies the other side of the picture, here's a concrete example of the way I am that drives dbf mad. I guess I can see how my behavior might be annoying but at least it's not outright rude and hurtful. To me that is the difference.
    He cooked fish for dinner tonight. I made the salad and kept the kids busy while he cooked. We all enjoyed the meal and then he asked me if I was going to clean the kitchen since he already cleaned it twice today. He cleaned it this morning and then this afternoon loaded all the daycare dishes. I was holding Sawyer at the time so I said if he could keep Sawyer entertained I'd be more than happy to clean the kitchen. He rolled his eyes and walked to the living room.
    So I had Sawyer in a good, playful mood and handed him off to dbf. I emptied the dishwasher and then remembered that our butterflies down in the daycare had started to emerge from their cocoons earlier so I wanted to bring them up to the living room so the kids wouldn't miss it. I came up and we saw 2 of them had emerged. I then walked to the flower garden with Savana to get some petals and her and Kai and I dropped water on them and put them in the butterfly cage.

    Then Sawyer got fussy.
    And the kitchen was still messy.
    So I took Sawyer and he went and cleaned the kitchen.
    So that is what he's dealing with over here.
    I dunno Bridget, it's really hard for me to feel sorry for your dbf, although I did try. I couldn't help but feel like he should have been able to deal with Sawyer without you. Then you'd have been free to finish the kitchen.

    Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess I am now happily unemployed!!! WOOT!
    Happy Day!!!!

    Tonight was Bobbie's art show at school. I feel terrible because I had to miss it. We have so much going on this weekend, I decided to do my grocery shopping tonight instead of Saturday. I did go in before it started and saw her exhibit. It was quite something and she won a lot of awards for it.

    The neighbor guy finally called me about the pond flowing in our yard. He said he hasn't been up there to see what's going on and wanted to meet us there one evening this coming week to have a gander and talk about things. He also said that we have major drainage issues that need to be dug up and that will cost a lot of money. I don't know for sure what he was getting at. I guess I'll find out next week.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  11. #20291
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,941

    Default

    Chrissy, I hope he isn't going to try to convince you to shoulder some of the cost for his issue. I'd be a little skeptical.

    Oh, and I saw the art show pic on fb. Impressive!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  12. #20292
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    That's how I took it too Mandy, that he was insinuating we'd have to pay.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  13. #20293

    Default

    Ugh...sorry about the neighbor issues Chrissy.
    I know...I need to do something! Maybe even just get a job as a cashier at Target or something (hmm...do I get a discount for that?) although at the whopping age of 32, I have never had a cashier job...that may penalize me!
    Gosh I wonder if I could get like a teacher's assistant job or a summer camp counselor job without having much experience in that area. Something I can do that I can take Josh with me, because if I have to pay for day care while I'm working, that doesn't really make it worth it. And I really don't want to work nights. Hmm...maybe I can work the day care room at my gym or something.

  14. #20294

    Default

    Oh and I saw Bobbie's art on FB too! It seemed very sophisticated for her age! Good for her.

  15. #20295
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Ugh...sorry about the neighbor issues Chrissy.
    I know...I need to do something! Maybe even just get a job as a cashier at Target or something (hmm...do I get a discount for that?) although at the whopping age of 32, I have never had a cashier job...that may penalize me!
    Gosh I wonder if I could get like a teacher's assistant job or a summer camp counselor job without having much experience in that area. Something I can do that I can take Josh with me, because if I have to pay for day care while I'm working, that doesn't really make it worth it. And I really don't want to work nights. Hmm...maybe I can work the day care room at my gym or something.
    Now you're thinking!!

    My aunt got into teaching head start because her twins were in it and she participated a lot. A teacher aide position became available, and she got that. Through the years she continued on her education till she became the head teacher. It just sorta happened, but she loved it.

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh and I saw Bobbie's art on FB too! It seemed very sophisticated for her age! Good for her.
    Thanks! I wish I could have gotten close-ups of the things she had on the table and dangling down from the ceiling. She had other, smaller paintings (well, one was an 8x10) and she had a series of black and white photos that she took and developed herself. She's so happy tonight. It could make me cry because she never gets what you would call giddy...but she nearly is tonight. Art is really her element.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  16. Default

    Aww yay Bobbie! I am off to look at the pics on FB

  17. Default

    So you remember my friend who was getting induced the day after her due date??

    They went in on the first, and the hospital had too many people go into labor, so there wasn't a room for them. They came back the next day, and weren't admitted until late in the night. They started the induction yesterday morning, and baby was born by "emergency" c-section at 9:11 pm. 8 lb 13 oz, 21.5 inches long!

  18. #20298

    Default

    But wait, Ash - wasn't she only 39 weeks?

    Thanks, Lydia for the tip about Benadryl. I hadn't given it to her before a couple of nights ago when I gave it to her for allergies. I am so weird that I kept worrying because the bottle says not for under age 4, but I found dosage online in several places for under 4. Anyway, I will definitely try it for the next long drive - anything is better than vomit-ville.

    I just had a crazy experience today - went to Marshall's for a couple of things and saw they had bathing suits. I have a terrible time with bathing suits because my boobs are too big for most suits and they come squishing out the sides or waaaaaaay too much cleavage for my modesty. So I tried some on just in case and every one I put on fit me perfectly and was really flattering! I ended up getting three swimsuits because if I find ONE that fits I have to buy it, now I found THREE that fit all at the same time. And the three combined cost me less than the one from the specialty bra store that I got last year that doesn't fit all that well at all. I feel super lucky! Maybe I should go to Vegas today!!!

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  19. #20299

    Default

    I'm sorry for everyone having dh troubles. I have a lot of the same issues with yelling from the other room, or feeling like I am interrupting or nagging. I hope everyone is doing better

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  20. #20300
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    So you remember my friend who was getting induced the day after her due date??

    They went in on the first, and the hospital had too many people go into labor, so there wasn't a room for them. They came back the next day, and weren't admitted until late in the night. They started the induction yesterday morning, and baby was born by "emergency" c-section at 9:11 pm. 8 lb 13 oz, 21.5 inches long!
    Congrats to them on the birth of their baby, but ugh about the c-section. You saw that one coming

    Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    But wait, Ash - wasn't she only 39 weeks?

    Thanks, Lydia for the tip about Benadryl. I hadn't given it to her before a couple of nights ago when I gave it to her for allergies. I am so weird that I kept worrying because the bottle says not for under age 4, but I found dosage online in several places for under 4. Anyway, I will definitely try it for the next long drive - anything is better than vomit-ville.

    I just had a crazy experience today - went to Marshall's for a couple of things and saw they had bathing suits. I have a terrible time with bathing suits because my boobs are too big for most suits and they come squishing out the sides or waaaaaaay too much cleavage for my modesty. So I tried some on just in case and every one I put on fit me perfectly and was really flattering! I ended up getting three swimsuits because if I find ONE that fits I have to buy it, now I found THREE that fit all at the same time. And the three combined cost me less than the one from the specialty bra store that I got last year that doesn't fit all that well at all. I feel super lucky! Maybe I should go to Vegas today!!!
    Woo hoo on the great fitting swimsuits!!

    As for car sickness, Bobbie suffers from it as well and her dr told her to try to sit where she can always see the horizon-to look as far into the distance as possible. Is Jojo's seat low where she can't see well out the window? I wonder if pointing out distant hilltops or buildings would help?

    We went to a graduation party for a girl that I used to babysit when I was 15. I can't believe she's all grown up now! It was so nice seeing all of them again. Too much time has gone by.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  21. #20301
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,941

    Default

    I suffer from motion sickness on long car trips, and it's true that the only thing that works is to look at the horizon. If I focus on anything inside the car, such as a book, I get sick. But I'm not sure how to explain that to a little one, though, since staring out the window is pretty boring when you're small...long car trips were so awful for me as a child. Listening to music helped. Reading in cars is absolutely the worst thing you can do, which I found out through painful experience since I was a bookworm. I used to read my library books on the way home and by the time we got home I always felt sick to my stomach.

    Yay for new bathing suits that fit!

    Ashley, that's crazy about your friend. But yay for the new baby.

    Has anyone seen a post from Lydia? I don't recall seeing her post since the other night when she was concerned about her DH and I'm worried. Not physically, but emotionally. Thinking of you, Lydia.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 06-04-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  22. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    But wait, Ash - wasn't she only 39 weeks?

    This was another friend... I thought I had posted about this situation too... They posted that they would be inducing on June 1st if baby wasn't born by then, and due date was only May 31....

    Anyways.. I got more of the story today, and yeah, I did see the c-section coming, but its not the story I expected.

    Everything was going great, and she was dilated to a 7 when she decided that she wanted an epidural. Shortly after the epi was administered they declared that the cord was wrapped around baby's neck, and baby was in distress, so they did the section.


    Gotta give some props to my friend though. The momma was really set on breastfeeding, and while she was in recovery the nurses tried to give baby a bottle, and my friend stood up to them and said no.


  23. #20304
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Ouch! I've had the tb test done, but I don't remember what they told me about it. Have you had yours read yet? Did they say anything about it?

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  24. #20305
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Has anyone seen a post from Lydia? I don't recall seeing her post since the other night. Thinking of you, Lydia.
    Oh, I'm here. Thank you for thinking of me. Dh is out of town, so I've been extra busy trying to hold down the fort. He's gone for two out of the next three weeks. And then tonight I had a small dinner party and tomorrow I'm cooking all the food for my mom's birthday brunch, and so every single bit of down time I've had has been spent in food prep and trying to keep the children from killing each other or sending me to the loony bin. I have pie crusts cooling in the kitchen right now for my mom's favorite, strawberry pie.

    Claire has been having a terrible day, starting right from the get-go this morning, bursting into tears and flinging herself down on the floor first thing with "My toothpaste doesn't taste good! Wah wah wah!" and it didn't get any better.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 06-08-2011 at 10:18 PM.


  25. #20306
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,941

    Default

    You're right, no point in rejecting him when he's trying to meet you halfway. But I still hope he can find some way to communicate better with you. My father was like that to a certain extent and my mother had to sit him down at one point and let him know the effect it had on her. To both their credits, it worked and they communicate very well now.

    Good luck with all your food prep!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  26. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Ouch! I've had the tb test done, but I don't remember what they told me about it. Have you had yours read yet? Did they say anything about it?


    I had it read while I was there thursday. It was negative.

  27. #20308
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    You're right, no point in rejecting him when he's trying to meet you halfway. But I still hope he can find some way to communicate better with you. My father was like that to a certain extent and my mother had to sit him down at one point and let him know the effect it had on her. To both their credits, it worked and they communicate very well now.

    Good luck with all your food prep!
    This sounds like a good idea.

    You must have much better self esteem than I do because I wouldn't be able to handle it if I couldn't just pop out with whatever thought was in my head the moment I thought it. With Rich that is. He's not perfect and certainly has his faults, but man do I need someone I can talk to on a whim and at length. I'd be crushed if he put me off or made me feel like what I had to say wasn't of utmost importance to him. I think I better hug him for that.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  28. #20309

    Default

    Wow, Lydia. I'm impressed that you can get so much done alone with the 3 children. I always feel like I'm running around like a chicken with her head cut off.
    I wish things were better in your communications with dh. I don't like that he tells you to gather your thoughts and say what you have to say in as few words possible. That feels disprespectful to me. I'd be inclined to clam up and say nothing.
    I hope the brunch goes well.

    I have been getting really bad headaches that make me not even be able to see straight. I need to figure out why and fix it. It's just so hard to know.

  29. #20310
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Could they simply be tension headaches? I don't mean to minimize them, but I know when I get stressed about something it sometimes happens to me.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •