Page 672 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1725726226626706716726736746827227721172 ... LastLast
Results 20,131 to 20,160 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Ouch, Claire! Hope she's okay.

Chrissy, DH called the water company and they had a recorded message saying they were closed today due to a city furlough day. And Monday they are closed for Memorial Day so they won't be open until Tuesday.
    We are right there with our internet.... Our internet went out this morning, my mom called they checked what they could over the phone, still no go. She said most likely when they were here the other day fixing a neighbors internet, they most likely knocked ours out. They can't come check it out til tuesday..... Thankfully I just got a smart phone!!!

Why does this stuff always happen on a weekend, and a holiday weekend at that?!

I remember when the electric company accidentally turned our power off. I didn't realize it until I got home after 5:00, and coincidentally it was a Friday. When I called them and they determined they made a mistake, they actually said that no one could come out till the following Monday to turn it back on.

I threw a fit and demanded someone come back out, immediately, or there would be heck to pay. They did.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

My SIL just called. She said "I have good news!" and my mind immediately went to engaged, or pregnant. Josh was on the other phone and he wouldn't stop talking, and I thought I heard her say "I just got married!" I said "You what!" and she said "I just got a new puppy!" LOL...phew!

Kate that's funny!!

I confess I'm posting from my brand new iPad. My I survived deployment present from DH. Love it, but I might need to buy a keyboard attachment for APA - I touch type and I'm fast so this thing is slowing me down!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

How does the ipad keyboard work-is it a keyboard that pops up on screen like on an ipod?

Just like that. Easier to use than I expected, but I can't touch type.

Yeah I find it really hard to type on my ipod-it's so small and it just doesn't feel right.

This doesn't have the small size issue, at least.

Yeah, my stepmom has an ipad and she was trying to teach Josh solitaire last time we were up there. It seemed like a neat gadget. DH wants one.

They are kind of magical. I feel like I am living in the future when I use mine.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

So far I am in love.

I saw an ad in that magazine they have on airplanes for a kids gadget that was like an ipad. I'm pretty sure it was made by Leapfrog but I can't find it on their website. It might have been something that's not out yet. It was $100 and looked like it had a bunch of games. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I confess I'm posting from my brand new iPad. My I survived deployment present from DH. Love it, but I might need to buy a keyboard attachment for APA - I touch type and I'm fast so this thing is slowing me down!
    What an awesome gift!!

Ugh gag yuck yuck! Just drive to Dallas with JoJo and the dog. JoJo threw up all over herself halfway there and I had nothing but some wipes to clean up. And we couldn't go to a bathroom to wash because the dog would have suffocated since it is so hot. 90 minutes of driving in vomit car. Yuck.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Yuck! Gag. I'm sorry

Blech!!!

I posted this in new moms but I'm not sure if you all venture out there so I hope you don't mind me posting it here.
    I feel like I have to say everything at least twice to Josh for it to sink in. Like I will ask him to get his shoes on so we can go to Target. He'll get his shoes on and then I'll say "ready to go?" and he'll say "Go where?"
    Or if I ask him to take this trash and throw it away in the kitchen he'll take it and wander aimlessly and I have to remind him to take it to the kitchen. It drives me batty, I feel like all I do all day is repeat myself. Or I'll ask him not to run and 5 seconds later he'll be running again. Is this average behavior for a 4 year old?

Belch about the vomit car!

Kate, one of the things I look at when testing is the ability to follow multi-step directions. I wonder if he is getting the first half of what you are saying, but can't hold on to the whole thing. So he heard you say put on your shoes, and he did, but the second half was too much information so he thought he did what you asked. Same with the trash. He got it, but didn't know what to do with it. Try giving him one step at a time instead of asking a few things and having to repeat yourself.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 05-28-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks for replying. I will try that.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Is this average behavior for a 4 year old?
    I think Conner and Josh are twins! We just went for a walk and it was nearly ruined for me because I had to keep repeating myself and saying, "Conner! Don't run so far ahead!" Or, "Conner, stay with us!" over and over and over again.

That's exactly what it's like when he rides his bike! Josh, stay near the sidewalk! (our sidewalk breaks up in some parts so he has to ride in the street) Josh, wait! Josh, look where you're going! Augh! I must look like a terrible mother to anyone watching us go by. Today he rolled into the middle of the street even though I told him to stop like 4 times. Luckily we live on a pretty quiet street, but cars still go up it sometimes.

I was feeling that way last night too Kate. I couldn't go 10 steps without having to call out to him about something.

This morning he's in the mood to be bossy and rude. This is a bad phase.

I am going to sound so grouchy, but ugh...I just have to vent. And maybe get some help! Sydney is so demanding and I don't know what to do about it. And she bugs constantly when she wants something. I don't give in if I've said no, and I never did. But she still persists. She's 12. When will this end?

Today I talked about possibly going to Owego to go for a walk like we used to when we lived there. We had a lot to do first, though, so I said it would have to wait. I wish I never said anything about it because I don't think 30 minutes went by when she didn't ask, "Are we going to Owego?" "When are we going to Owego?" As I said "later" or "I don't know" she got really angry with me. At one point, she even 'bugged' me about it on Facebook.

She simply wore me out to the point where I didn't even want to go any more. She always does this. I'm hot and frustrated, and no, we didn't go. I told her maybe tomorrow because we have nothing to do, but I'm dreading her asking me the moment I walk out of my bedroom door in the morning.

I dunno, she sounds like Josh. LOL
    Is she usually set on a schedule like that? I know I can get a little bent out of shape if I expect something to happen and it doesn't.
    Maybe next time don't mention anything about possible plans unless you're sure you can do them.

Chrissy that does sound frustrating. Have you ever flat out told her that it's annoying behavior and that it wears you down?
    I had a mini meltdown today after spending hours working in the kitchen while juggling Sawyer and getting it all cleaned up. I walked in and Savana and Kai were standing in a box that had plastic bags full of all my bulk grains. I had already asked them to leave it alone. The tapioca had opened so there were tiny white balls EVERYWHERE. I said, "Noooooo!" and they started laughing. I felt defeated. It sounds stupid but I don't know how else to describe it. I was just exhausted, sweaty, and overwhelmed. I started crying and went in my room with Sawyer for a few minutes. When I came out with the vacuum Savana said she would do it and she did a really nice job. Afterwards we were sitting at the table, she patted my back and said, "You're a good mom."
    She honestly astounds me sometimes.

I was up at 2am to nurse Sawyer and just happened to check facebook where I see a post from my brother that he was robbed at gunpoint outside his apt building! They took his phone so I can't even call him. I could hardly sleep last night. If anything ever happened to my brother i would be devastated. I am so glad he's ok.

I'm so glad he's okay, Bridget! Wow.

omg Bridget how awful! I hope you get a chance to talk to your brother soon. I think you're amazing with your kids. A mess like that has made me cry in the past too.

I don't really do anything by a schedule. I mean, I go shopping every Saturday but I can leave anywhere between 9 and 2. It depends on what needs to be done at our house, and how I feel. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to go before early afternoon. Generally, if I say we might do something spontaneous, I'll go within 4-5 hours of saying it. I don't think I could manage sticking to a schedule.

I've told Sydney repeatedly that her constant badgering me about stuff is exhausting. At one point I even told her if she asked me again then we wouldn't go at all because I was tired of hearing it. She still persisted.

We had thunderstorms last night so she didn't get much sleep, so she's still sleeping right now. I tried to nail down a time for her and said that if we went today, we'd probably go around 2 or 3 o'clock. I'm dreading her waking up because I fear she's going to start harping on it again. It does sound like a silly thing to get worked up about.

It turned out to not be bad at all. I guess that's what I get for worrying about something Sydney didn't ask about going to Owego at all today.

She went to a friend's house for a few hours, as did Bobbie. Jesi went swimming with her bf. So we just had Conner all day. It's very strange to only have 1 child around all day long. Strange in a good way.

I talked to one of my good friends from years ago. Her oldest daughter (whom I used to babysit when I was a teen) graduated college and they're having a celebration next week. Bonnie (my friend) told me she only has one (out of 3) home and he's 17. It made me think about how fast time goes. And I kinda had a moment where I felt like I almost can't wait for that period in my life!! Not that I'm wishing my life away or want my kids to grow up any faster, but I know it doesn't have to be a bad thing to have 'empty nest'.