Page 670 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1705706206606686696706716726807207701170 ... LastLast
Results 20,071 to 20,100 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

1. Default

lol... I just told my mom that charlie was my angry child... and Audri chimes in "And I'm the grumpy child!!"

Haha...angry and grumpy...looks like you're working on the seven dwarfs!

3. Default

Thats what my friend said.. she goes "Now you just need sleepy..."

I said "THATS ME!"

4. Default

OH! And I remembered the other one from this morning... We were watching Max and Ruby while eating breakfast, and as it was going through the theme song and said "Ruby, and little brother Max!" Audri starts whining.. "I want a brother Max!"

I told her "Tough cookies.. You have a little sister Charlie, and that's gonna have to do!"

and I got the "Awwwwww Mom!"

5. Default

I confess this was KC this afternoon - 1pm

Wow, that picture is scary! Like something out of a movie!

And Audri is cracking me up! She's not even 3 yet!!??!!

I confess I went to an AI finale party at my co-worker's house. It was a lot of fun.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Wow, that picture is scary! Like something out of a movie!

And Audri is cracking me up! She's not even 3 yet!!??!!
    My sister and I both said GHOSTBUSTERS!!

and yeah, Audri is not even 3 yet...

You're in for a wild ride, I think! She's adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    Well I will say it, that girl is being a b!tch. I hate it when girls are mean to each other.

Erin

Oh, Chrissy, that sucks. Although it did take me a few seconds to of trying to figure out why you were writing about me and Bobbie before I understood what was happening! I'm not used to multiple Mandies.

Tomorrow is my last day of work for the school year! All I have to do is write a list of my caseload, turn in my laptop, put a few things in my car to bring home over the summer, and write a report about what happened with that parent refusing placement. Not in that order, of course, but I had to save the best for last. I've never had a last day of work where I haven't been frantically writing progress reports, billing for services, and packing for a move between schools so I'm feeling pretty good right now.
    Oops! Sorry, I didn't even think of that!

about being done for the summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I don't care about AI at all this year.....but I lady gaga!
    Lady Gaga is my favorite Crazy Lady! She's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post

I confess this was KC this afternoon - 1pm
    I didn't even think that was a real picture! OMG!

Your kids are hysterical!!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

OMG that picture....if I saw our sky like that....I would freak out. A green sky is never a good sign!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

OMG that picture....if I saw our sky like that....I would freak out. A green sky is never a good sign!

I thought the same thing! Very scary!

Erin

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

That was an awesome picture!

I'm done! Home from work at 12:45! I've never not had to work extra days past the end of the school year before!

Woo hoo!! That's really awesome Mandy!!!!

So...what are you plans for this summer?

We might take a trip to Florida to finish dealing with DH's transfer out of the FL guard, and then spend some time visiting some of his friends - and hopefully I'd get to see Jenny if we do that! Not certain we can afford it, though.

Otherwise, I need to do some professional development courses over the summer, DH and I are coming up with a plan for the house and get started on that, and hopefully spend some time with friends I never get to see.

Oh, yes. And I need to finish writing that @#@#$ story of mine.

I was going to get Josh swimming lessons, but he's so adverse to water I wonder if it would be a waste. I might just become a member of the Y and take him to the pool a lot. They have an indoor pool and I think swimming lessons year round so maybe I can take him in the fall if he does well this summer.

Problem is, next year he is in afternoon preschool which runs from 12:30 to 3 which kind of breaks up the day, unless I can get him in a morning or late afternoon class.

My aunt in Maine wants us to come up to visit, but she's over 6 hours away so we have to figure out the logistics of that. Even from my dad's house in NH, she's about 4 hours away.

How would the swimming lessons work, if you signed him up now? I ask because I know my kids would do better in an instruction-like situation rather than with me. I always took my kids swimming, but they didn't really learn how till they started Kindergarten. But if it's the type of swimming lessons where you'd participate, then his animosity toward the water may remain.

We're not really doing anything 'fun' this summer expect for some occasional visits with local parks (thank goodness Ithaca has a lot to offer in this regard, and it's just $6/carload). But we're seriously planning on a spring 2012 trip to AZ, so that's something to really look forward to. Even if we're not fully finished with our house by then, I think we'll take a break and go out there.

18. Default

I confess my best guy friend and his fiance are expecting their first baby. Baby is due May 31, and he just posted on Facebook that "****** will be a daddy in 6 days if not sooner! We will be inducing on the First if he doesn't make his way before then!"

It took all my self-control to not make a comment about induction. Its their FIRST, and the doctor is willing to induce ONE day after the due date?!

I just said "Here's hoping he comes on his own!!"

omg

People were speculating on the cruise if Joe's wife might have had a c-section early so he could enjoy her for a few days before the cruise. I just kept thinking gosh I hope not, and then he announced she is due on the 31st and they're expecting a girl. I was relieved.
    I saw a similar comment, I don't remember where now, that somebody was due on a certain day and that she would be induced if the baby didn't come on the due day. I don't really get that.

Chrissy, the swimming lesson would not involve me but I assume I would be there watching. At least, I'd want to be. Not sure if that would affect him or not.

Can you try one session before committing?

Yikes about inducing one day past due date!

Chrissy, AZ next spring? Yay!

Chrissy, AZ next spring? Yay!
    I know! I really need something to look forward to, and with our house payments being less than 1/2 what we've been paying for rent for the last 3 years, there's no reason not to do it. We just have to decide whether we're going when the kids are on winter break (sometime in Feb) or wait till Easter vacation.

Maybe I'm silly, but just thinking that going to AZ so soon is making this whole fiasco with our house and all that worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Can you try one session before committing?
    I don't know, I was going to take him one day to check out the place, and I'll ask.

I know! I really need something to look forward to, and with our house payments being less than 1/2 what we've been paying for rent for the last 3 years, there's no reason not to do it. We just have to decide whether we're going when the kids are on winter break (sometime in Feb) or wait till Easter vacation.

Maybe I'm silly, but just thinking that going to AZ so soon is making this whole fiasco with our house and all that worth it.
    It's always good to find something nice out of a situation that isn't what you would have chosen. I'm glad you are taking a trip.

We are going to Minneapolis in August for my cousin's wedding - it will be so nice to get out of the heat (it is already 95 degrees already).

We are doing a little weekend visit to a resort around here with JoJo and meeting all of her cousins there - they have one of those lazy rivers and a huge slide, horseback riding and crafts, etc.

And in the works but not quite set is a visit to Chile in August - we will fly in to Santiago and stay a couple of days, then go visit some wineries (my husband's in the wine biz) and then go skiing!!! In July!!! I am really excited and hope that it gets settled soon so I can start doing some research!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Katy...we can get in the 90's up here in August......usually the hottest month for us (I'm about 90 min east of Minneapolis). Are you going to the water park at mall of america? I haven't gone but our friends like going there. Wait, you said horses, don't have one of those at the mall of america. LOL
    You're cousin should have gotten married in May...we have been mostly in the 60's...though tonight we have a frost advisory so I'm glad I haven't planted my veggies just yet!

kate, I hope that Josh likes the swimming lessons. I would try to see what the teachers are like. My mom didn't like the Y so we went to a woman who gave lessons in her indoor pool. I loved Mrs. Mac. She had small classes and was very gentle and made swimming fun.

Mandy....so lucky to be on summer break!!!

I'm excited, have a four day weekend coming up and my MIL and her brother are coming up this weekend! Just keeping fingers crossed that we get at least one day without rain because she was going to help us with landscaping.

We aren't going anywhere this summer either. Probably down to Milwaukee and south of there maybe twice....I know in July we are going and again in September. Mostly family is going to have to visit us because we used so much vacation time (especially DH since I earn faster than he does) taking the adoption classes. And we don't have the money for something bigger anyway....again with the adoption and just getting the house set up more.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Katy...we can get in the 90's up here in August......usually the hottest month for us (I'm about 90 min east of Minneapolis). Are you going to the water park at mall of america? I haven't gone but our friends like going there. Wait, you said horses, don't have one of those at the mall of america. LOL
    You're cousin should have gotten married in May...we have been mostly in the 60's...though tonight we have a frost advisory so I'm glad I haven't planted my veggies just yet!
    Well, by August here it is usually at least 110 degrees, so 90 feels okay

And the water park resort we are going to is actually here in TX - I told it wrong.

I actually lived in the midwest for 7 years - went to school in Madison and lived in Mpls and Chicago. Love it up there!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

The weather in February can be a bit unpredictable. We generally get rain around that time and while it starts warming up, it isn't full on warm yet - usually 60's or so, might be warmer or cooler. March or April (depending on when Easter is next year) should be nicer. 80's or possibly warmer and there shouldn't be any rain. March and April are usually gorgeous here. April and October make the rest of the year all worth it.

Isn't October just brilliant? It's my favorite time of the year here, with temps coming back down and making it possible and enjoyable to be outside again after a long summer.