Page 666 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1665666166566646656666676686767167661166 ... LastLast
Results 19,951 to 19,980 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

Our thread is on page 666 now! LOL (Sorry to post and run, guys; you've had some awesome discussions that I've wanted to contribute to but I am so busy with packing and stuff! I promise to catch up with you all soon!!!! xoxoxo)

I noticed the page number too

We'll be posting as they're rapturing all around us.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    We'll be posting as they're rapturing all around us.
    I was thinking the same thing!!

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Our thread is on page 666 now!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Chrissy! I hope you have a super productive weekend. I rarely feel anxiety but that is one thing that will do it to me, the pressure of looming projects.

Mark's friend's elderly mother passed away a few weeks back and apparently they are headed over here with a bunch of antique stuff they think I might like. I'm very excited to dig through the boxes. I love that kind of stuff.

On The Rapture. Ugh. I too hate the thought of kids being afraid about this stuff. What an evil thing to do.

Hi everyone. I had to let you all know that I took my shoes off, and shortly after DH got up and sprayed my feet with febreeze and sat back down. Apparently my feet/shoes smelled bad. I don't know whether to laugh or be offended.

He also just said we need to come up with a 6 month plan for getting our house in shape. Yuck. Don't want to think about it. I hate plans.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

LOL...stinky feet!

Oh yeah so when I came home the house was spotless...it looked like nobody lives here. I love that he cleans but every time he does, I lose things or I can't reach anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Mark's friend's elderly mother passed away a few weeks back and apparently they are headed over here with a bunch of antique stuff they think I might like. I'm very excited to dig through the boxes. I love that kind of stuff.
    ooo-I hope you get some good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Hi everyone. I had to let you all know that I took my shoes off, and shortly after DH got up and sprayed my feet with febreeze and sat back down. Apparently my feet/shoes smelled bad. I don't know whether to laugh or be offended.

He also just said we need to come up with a 6 month plan for getting our house in shape. Yuck. Don't want to think about it. I hate plans.
    I'd feel the same way Mandy! What the heck?

And ugh-we'll be miserable with our 'plans' together. I anticipate our house project taking till next spring. We're going to do one room at a time, but the kitchen will take 3 months. We'll do the floor/walls one month, the cabinets the next month, then the tile and counter tops on the third month. Doing it that way we won't need to accumulate any debt. Not sure how it'll work schematically, but that's our plan.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh yeah so when I came home the house was spotless...it looked like nobody lives here. I love that he cleans but every time he does, I lose things or I can't reach anything anymore.
    for super clean house!! I hope he didn't misplace any of your things this time. One can always hope!

LOL, yeah, I sort of like clutter because everything is out there. When he starts putting things away I have no idea where they are. So far so good though.

I have dropped Jesi off at Saturday school, gone to Lowes and bought our new door locks for our house. Not the ones I wanted, but they'll do for now. We may replace our front door at some point so I'll get fancy ones then. They're they brushed silver though...I couldn't go for the grundgy gold look. They didn't have the mold/mildew cleaner that I found on their web site, so I'm going to try another Lowes or Home Depot tomorrow. They only had 1 gallon jugs and it looked like it was for outdoor use. Didn't say anything about being safe for drywall, where we need it.

I was on my way home from Ithaca (where Jesi's school is) and she called saying she forgot her notes. Her school is only 9-12, so she was asking me to go all the way home, get her notes, come back home so I could clean, then go pick her up at noon. Ugh. She can re-research her sources because there's just no way.

I'm going to be meeting Rich at our old house today and it will be the first time I've gotten a look inside. I'm a little excited...I hope my heart doesn't plummet when I walk in there.

Good luck at the house!
    Is it me or does apa seem really quiet lately? Maybe I'm just on too much.

Chrissy! I hope you have SUPER productive weekend and go to bed Sunday night totally satisfied with a job well done. Just remember, one project at a time!

Kate, I don't know about apa being quiet. I sort of stick in here for the most part unless something really calls out to me.

I sent dbf an email (yes, an email) this morning telling him that I prepared to leave him. Last night was awful with his constant criticism of me and the kids. Just to give you one example of many, I made this parmesan garlic toast that I thought the kids would really like so I made 6 pieces. Well, it turned out no one really liked it. Whatev. I don't get worked up about stuff like that. Also, I didn't get to eat because Sawyer was really super fussy. So he is screaming while I'm trying to soothe him in the living room and dbf comes in and starts questioning me very confrontationally about why I made 6 pieces of toast and how wasteful that is and what was I thinking. Why did I do that? Why? He just wants to know what the reasoning is?

Suddenly I felt like I was in that movie called Sleeping With the Enemy. Seriously. Shut the FLUCK UP about the toast while my darling baby is screaming in my ear. I misjudged, miscalculated, WHATEVER. It's bread. That I made. From ingredients that I spent hours tracking down local farmers to provide our family with a reasonable price. So you lose NOTHING by this toast getting wasted. Can you believe the ridiculousness of me even having to think about that?
    The whole night was like that. His constant berating of me or Kai or Savana. He drinks too much and as the night goes on he gets more and more unreasonable. I told him we needed to talk after the kids went to bed and he said absolutely not. (Hence the email) So I went to bed and he came in wanting to know if we were going to watch a movie. Um. No.
    He has read the email and has said nothing. It was kind of long but the basic idea was that I'm not living this way any longer, in a home with a man who demands perfection but gets pissed off if he has to contribute to it.
    Last edited by Bridget; 05-21-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Chrissy! I hope you have SUPER productive weekend and go to bed Sunday night totally satisfied with a job well done. Just remember, one project at a time!

Kate, I don't know about apa being quiet. I sort of stick in here for the most part unless something really calls out to me.

I sent dbf an email (yes, an email) this morning telling him that I prepared to leave him. Last night was awful with his constant criticism of me and the kids. Just to give you one example of many, I made this parmesan garlic toast that I thought the kids would really like so I made 6 pieces. Well, it turned out no one really liked it. Whatev. I don't get worked up about stuff like that. Also, I didn't get to eat because Sawyer was really super fussy. So he is screaming while I'm trying to soothe him in the living room and dbf comes in and starts questioning me very confrontationally about why I made 6 pieces of toast and how wasteful that is and what was I thinking. Why did I do that? Why? He just wants to know what the reasoning is?

Suddenly I felt like I was in that movie called Sleeping With the Enemy. Seriously. Shut the FLUCK UP about the toast while my darling baby is screaming in my ear. I misjudged, miscalculated, WHATEVER. It's bread. That I made. From ingredients that I spent hours tracking down local farmers to provide our family with a reasonable price. So you lose NOTHING by this toast getting wasted. Can you believe the ridiculousness of me even having to think about that?
    The whole night was like that. His constant berating of me or Kai or Savana. He drinks too much and as the night goes on he gets more and more unreasonable. I told him we needed to talk after the kids went to bed and he said absolutely not. (Hence the email) So I went to bed and he came in wanting to know if we were going to watch a movie. Um. No.
    He has read the email and has said nothing. It was kind of long but the basic idea was that I'm not living this way any longer, in a home with a man who demands perfection but gets pissed off if he has to contribute to it.
    Oh Bridget. I feel your pain on so many levels. I truly do. Men are so narrow minded sometimes. Like they only see the "mememe" and not anything having to do with us. My "d"bf is the same. Severely depresses me.

**Lizzo**

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, I am so sad for you.

Did you ask him to make some specific changes, or did you just tell him you were unhappy and thinking about leaving him? Is his behavior correlated with his drinking? Like, if he stopped drinking or cut down a lot, do you think your relationship would improve?

Are you prepared to leave him?

Bridget. I know it must be really awful if you've come to this point. Stay strong and whatever happens, I'm sure you and the kids will be just fine. I hope he wakes up.

Bridget, whatever happens, I'm proud of you.

I'm sorry, Bridget.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I'm so sorry, Bridget. You are such an awesome momma to your kids and it just sucks that your dbf is such an idiot and takes all of you for granted. I hope that you find a solution soon. You deserve so much better!

I'm sorry Bridget. (I know this is beside the point in a major way, but couldn't you freeze the leftover bread for another time?) Either way, I support you in whatever you do.

Drama is ensuing over here too...I got a text (and my phone is not made to send texts easily, so I had to call her back) from M who said H is acting weird on twitter...they think she is having some kind of mental breakdown or delusions...that she is talking about Donnie being her soulmate or whatever (I did not get any inkling of this on the cruise even though I knew she's a hardcore Donnie girl)
    So I took that chance to message M on fb about the whole photo op debacle and apologize for any drama I caused, and I told her about the Joe pic..I really hate having to hide things from people and I thought since she was kind enough to text me about H, I should come clean about the whole thing.

I have no idea if I'm being set up for something or if they have ulterior motives but I'm playing things as I see them and trying not to worry about the politics of it all.

How are things Bridget? I've been thinking about you all day.

Kate-I hope they don't make it a big deal. Not sure what to think of that girl believing Donnie is her soul mate.

Our old house is a mess, but it's not as bad inside as I feared. It's going to take a lot of work, but we'll manage. I think the key is getting all the old carpeting out and get it swept out.

We do have a terrible mess in our back yard. I posted about it in Random...not sure what we can do about it. Basically, our neighbor moved the outlet to his pond and it's crossing our yard-right through the middle-and is going to damage a group of trees if it's not moved soon. He left the old stream bed a large, gaping, ugly whole.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I'm worried about Bridget.

Hey ladies. Sorry. I am at my dads. Dbf is here too though I tried to convince him to stay home. My dad is the halfway point between my house and my best friend's house and she's having a birthday party tomorrow for her son. I was planning to take the kids and just be gone for the weekend but of course dbf is being Mr. Attentive Iloveyousomuch today and yet still said nothing about the email. I don't know when we will get a chance to talk with so many people around us this weekend. It's annoying that he thinks just being nice for the day will fix anything.
    Here is the email I sent. I will probably erase it from here later. I wrote it in haste and wish I'd put a little more thought into it. Yes, I am prepared to leave. It would be hard but I know I can do it. And yes, if he didn't drink every night I know he would be different. Actually if he just drank beer instead of whiskey, I know he would be different. I can actually see the transformation slowly happening as he drinks. One of the things that happened last night was that Kai found a funnel under the dinner table and was trying to pour water into the empty milk carton and Mark freaked on him. It was so ridiculous and yes, I stepped in.
    Last edited by Bridget; 05-25-2011 at 01:09 PM.

I wish he'd behave better Bridget. I think your email was perfect. It was firm but still from the heart. You were very clear and gave good examples. He can't pretend to misunderstand your meaning. His inability to address your concerns reminds me a bit of Rich...he can do the same to me sometimes too. It's very frustrating.

I hope you manage to have fun, regardless of what's going on with dbf.

Big hugs Bridget. I hope he will talk to you and you can work something out. I think the faint glimmer of hope you had a while ago when he shaped up for a while is encouraging.
    The plot thickens over here, but whatever. It's not important. I never have to see any of these girls again, if it turns out they're all crazy

Oh no Kate! What's going on?

I don't even know. M messaged me and said everything is fine between us, whatever, life is too short to hold a grudge about it. She said someone told her I got the Joe pic, (probably H, I think she's the only mutual friend who knew) so that's why I just posted it on fb. M said someone in H's family contacted one of M's friends and said we are concerned about H too, but please keep things quiet.
    Honestly I didn't really get a lot of mental instability vibes from H but I was wrong about M and her crowd too so apparently I am just really bad at reading people. Life's too short to be hiding pictures and to be worried about what people behind a computer screen think of you.

Bridget, that was a great letter. I hope he really listens to what you had to say.

Kate, you are right. Life is too short.

I posted on facebook already, but DH went out to the post office earlier today and came home with a shih tzu. He was the most adorable little thing. I usually prefer large dogs but I had a shih tzu growing up and seeing him was like having my Higgy back. So sweet and cuddly. He had a collar with his name and phone numbers, and DH called the number and found his mommy. She was so happy to hear from us she cried. So Lucky went home to his mommy and now I want a shih tzu again. I had a hard time saying goodbye.

Oh, and for those of you that remember my work drama with them increasing working hours only for the people in my job, we got an email yesterday from our lead that said that the teacher's union agreement specified a 37.5 hour working day, and disregard the previous email. That's that, apparently. Someone must have had a word with the legal department.

Bridget, I was really worried that you had given him an ultimatum, said that you were going to leave him, and that he had maybe hurt you or something. "Let's talk" leaves it really up in the air - lets him know you want to keep working on it. You said very clearly the things that were bothering you. Do you think he will sit down and talk to you at some point? Maybe he's just trying to get his head together? Or maybe he's just hoping it will go away? Are you going to force the issue and demand that he sit down and listen to you and agree to make some changes?

Kate, I am having a hard time following all of the drama, but I can just say that when it does get that complicated, all I want to do is wash my hands of it! I'm glad it doesn't seem to be as bad as you thought it was.

I love happy endings like that Mandy! Your dh was so sweet to bring him home and take the time to locate his owner!

And about the hours!!! Happy news.