Page 661 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1615616116516596606616626636717117611161 ... LastLast
Results 19,801 to 19,830 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Ugh. How is it he can track events, time, and plan to the smallest detail when it's his own interest, but if it comes from me (or the animals apparently) he loses all track of time and detail?
    Does he have a calendar on his phone? If I don't have mine, I can't remember anything...even in regards to myself.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    If I have any, I'm not aware of them. I guess on a subconscious level we all do, but I know I've put up with far more from Rich than I would from anyone else in this world. Maybe that's what love is, and where the 'unconditional' part comes in? Right now we're in a good place, so I won't rant and rave about him, but I do feel lingering bitterness way down deep for some of the stuff he's pulled.
    I feel the same about my DH. I also have and do put up with a lot from him and we are also in a good place right now, and I do my best not to think about things in the past that he has done that upsets me. Because I get REALLY angry and it affects us when I do. The only things I can think of that would be deal breakers for me that would undoubtly cause divorce was if he turned out to be gay or a child molester. The gay thing wouldn't be as horrible as the child molester thing of course.

But deep down inside, I do feel my DH is a nice, decent person. He is very smart and passionate and he does actually listen to me and will change his attitude and actions when I lay something out for him in a very simple, logical way and I am grateful for that because I know a lot of men (and women) who are so self-centered that they will not even consider that the way they act or the way they do something should be altered in any way. He also is not hesistant in apologizing when he does something wrong or that may hurt me in some way and he is pretty honest as well. I do feel that this is the reason I put up with all I do from DH. Also, I feel he puts up with a lot from me. I don't think I'm all that horrible to get along with, but I know I have traits and tendencies that get on his nerves almost as much as the stuff he does gets on my nerves.

Erin

I'm so sorry I've missed so much. I'm still really tired. I didn't get home until after midnight last night. We came home and had a snack and went to bed.
    Did anything really important to the flow of things happen in here while I was gone? I just don't want to miss anything big.
    I miss the cruise I woke up today wondering what the theme for tonight's party is. LOL
    Joey's wife is due on the 31st and he announced they're having their first girl! Yay!
    I hope everyone is well. I'm gonna try to catch up a little bit.

4. Default

I confess I turned in my last project for the semester last night!!! WOOT!!

I have a break until June 6th when my online class starts.. (speaking of which I need to get the books for) and then my CNA starts July 5th.

and I am turning in my two week notice on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I feel the same about my DH. I also have and do put up with a lot from him and we are also in a good place right now, and I do my best not to think about things in the past that he has done that upsets me. Because I get REALLY angry and it affects us when I do. The only things I can think of that would be deal breakers for me that would undoubtly cause divorce was if he turned out to be gay or a child molester. The gay thing wouldn't be as horrible as the child molester thing of course.

But deep down inside, I do feel my DH is a nice, decent person. He is very smart and passionate and he does actually listen to me and will change his attitude and actions when I lay something out for him in a very simple, logical way and I am grateful for that because I know a lot of men (and women) who are so self-centered that they will not even consider that the way they act or the way they do something should be altered in any way. He also is not hesistant in apologizing when he does something wrong or that may hurt me in some way and he is pretty honest as well. I do feel that this is the reason I put up with all I do from DH. Also, I feel he puts up with a lot from me. I don't think I'm all that horrible to get along with, but I know I have traits and tendencies that get on his nerves almost as much as the stuff he does gets on my nerves.

Erin
    In most cases, I think I'm good at letting things go. The whole alcoholism thing with Rich though really bothers me. I'm not convinced he can just stop drinking on his own, so I live with the feeling that I'm waiting for it to start up again. That said, I still have zero motivation for counseling or any of that stuff. I feel like if he wants it, then he should show initiative. I've said as much to him when all that was going on.

It sounds like your relationship really works for you, and even though he's not perfect and can be frustrating sometimes, he's good at making amends. That really does go a long way in maintaining a relationship I think. Whether Rich agrees with me about an issue or not, if I get upset he is truly sorry about it. He doesn't ever mean to hurt me or make me angry, and when he does he doesn't make excuses for himself. He does try to make things better.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I'm so sorry I've missed so much. I'm still really tired. I didn't get home until after midnight last night. We came home and had a snack and went to bed.
    Did anything really important to the flow of things happen in here while I was gone? I just don't want to miss anything big.
    I miss the cruise I woke up today wondering what the theme for tonight's party is. LOL
    Joey's wife is due on the 31st and he announced they're having their first girl! Yay!
    I'm glad you had fun! I can't think of anything really important...no one has gotten pregnant (that they've announced), married, divorced, or anything like that....so it's all the same old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post

I have a break until June 6th when my online class starts.. (speaking of which I need to get the books for) and then my CNA starts July 5th.

I'm really so excited for you that you get to quit your job and focus on school!!! That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post

Erin
    I could have written that about my DH. He's hot-headed, stubborn and selfish sometimes, but then again, so am I. At least Steve is smart, patient, helpful, gives sincere apologies and makes an effort to improve. And I am very relieved that I didn't fall in love with a big drinker. I've never seen DH drunk EVER, even though he often has a beer in his hands on weekends. After growing up around a lot of alcohol abuse, I don't think I'd be able to stomach that in my own marriage.

My complaint for the day is that DH is uncomfortable with showing affection. It seems like whenever we are about to have a romantic moment, he spoils it with making a goofy face and turning it into a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post

Cool! It sounds like you have a lot to be excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Welcome back. I can't wait to see your prize photo with Joey. Well, I'm hoping you share anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Hi, everyone! So much to catch up on. Good thing I have a few days left until the world comes to an end.

On the subject of men, DH and I had the following conversation this afternoon.
    Me: When does the cat need to see the vet again?
    DH: I think the vet said she wanted to talk to us over the phone after a month and to bring her back in after 6 weeks. So in about 3 weeks.
    Me: But her appointment wasn't last week. It was much earlier than that.
    DH: It was 3 weeks ago. So we'll see them again in 3 weeks.
    Me: So you need to call next week.
    DH: Why is that?
    Me: Didn't you just say the vet wants to talk on the phone after a month and see her again in 6 weeks?
    DH: Yes.
    Me: So next week is when she wants to talk to us.
    DH: I guess.

Ugh. How is it he can track events, time, and plan to the smallest detail when it's his own interest, but if it comes from me (or the animals apparently) he loses all track of time and detail?
    Well, I have to admit the weeks calculation was a little hard for my feeble uncaffeinated brain to follow this morning, but I eventually got it. I love your DH's response: "I guess." It's male shorthand for "D'oh!" LOL.

9. Default

Oooh! I just registered for fall classes! and I am taking AQUA Zumba!

Okay..Here it is (hope this works)

I need to be a fangirl for a minute, you'll have to excuse me. Gawd. The picture doesn't do him justice. You just have to see him in action-he's funny, goofy, sensitive, emotional, sexy and boyish, all at once.
    At his show on the cruise I cried. His show was Broadway songs (he wanted to have a Broadway career when he was a kid, but then he joined nkotb) He did a song from Carousel about a guy who found out his wife's having a baby, and he's talking about what if it's a boy, what if it's a girl, and at the end it gets very powerful, and I had never ever heard him sing like that.

I realized then how much he has to hold back when he sings pop music. I hope that when the new kids disband again, he goes into Broadway again. He could so do it for a living. I was lucky to see him sing a song from Wicked at the show. I missed the whole period when he was actually in it.
    I have some more pictures I want to share but I'll put them in a different post.
    Last edited by daylilies; 05-17-2011 at 11:44 AM.

He is so cute! You are so cute! You have a wonderful smile.

Thank you!
    I am so happy because for the first time in years I like the way I look in most pictures. I only lost 15 lbs., but it seems to have made a big difference.
    Speaking of that-I came back from the cruise and I have lost 3 lbs??? I have no idea how that happened (or if my scale is being wonky)

Oh Kate! I agree-you're adorable!!! I that picture of you two!

Honestly I usually don't smile that big, but I think my genuine happiness with the whole situation really brought out a nice one I'm still spazzing out about it. I want to share it with the world!

15. Default

KATE! You are freaking adorable!! Im not sure that I have ever seen a picture of you before!

I posted one when I asked about makeup a few weeks ago. I don't remember if you replied to that one. But no, other than than I don't think I have posted pictures of myself here.
    PS I love your avatar LOL
    Last edited by daylilies; 05-17-2011 at 12:18 PM.

17. Default

If it wasn't in here, I probably didn't... The last month or so of school was NUTS and I didn't do much more than check up on what was going on in here, and the random confession thread

Ahh yeah it was in Random. Did you ever get that class conflict figured out?

OMG! OMG! OMG!!!

Kate, you look so cute!!! I love it.
    You two would make a cute couple too!

20. Default

I did.. I dropped the BIO Class, and am taking a history class over the summer instead. Taking Bio in the Fall in a lecture form instead of online. It will still mean an extra semester because I have to take bio before I can take human A & P, and I have to take 1 and 2, but the way it looks, that will be my only class left after this next year

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    OMG! OMG! OMG!!!

Kate, you look so cute!!! I love it.
    You two would make a cute couple too!
    Oh god don't say that!
    Seriously...if I were more of a psycho I would be stalking that man. He makes my little heart go pitter patter.
    If I told this story I'm sorry, I'm still tired and I can't remember who I told what but my friend who stopped him in the hall for the picture had been talking to him the night before and she had asked him if she could call me so I could come see him. He said had to leave, but he said that if he's around later she could call me. He never ended up coming back but I thought it was so sweet that he said that.
    Last edited by daylilies; 05-17-2011 at 02:31 PM.

I'm glad you got the class figured out Ash. An extra semester's not too bad.

My friend is having an adult but child friendly birthday party tonight and I'm taking all three kids.
    I have to take Sawyer and I don't have the heart to tell Savana and Kai they can't come since they heard me telling dbf where I was going.

Aww. have fun! Do you know anyone else who is bringing kids?

No, but she is one of my best friends. She's my beekeeper hippy friend and every time I go to a gathering at her house there are kids running around (In rainbow colored knitted outfits) but I've only ever brought Savana in the past. Luckily my brother is going as well and he's really helpful with my kids.

Bridget - Have fun!! I'm jealous that you get to socialize with your kids today.

I confess I apologized to that girl I was hard on yesterday and I know it was the right thing to do because I felt instantly relieved.

Me [11:44 AM]:
    Hi (girl’s name)

Girl on other team [11:44 AM]:
    hello

Me [11:45 AM]:
    I just wanted to apologize for my part of the misunderstanding yesterday in our IM discussion. I didn't realize that you were asking about functionality that wasn't in the BRD.
    I'm sorry. I thought you were talking about something that was in the documentation, but did not want to take the time to reference the specific spot in the documentation.

Girl on other team [11:49 AM]:
    thats Ok.. i was a bit surprised by ur reaction myself.. but with so many things happening around..i thought it was a bad time for discussion

Me [11:51 AM]:
    I can see why it was surprising. I basically thought you were refusing to look something up, which is why I had a strong response. I hope I don't contribute to a misunderstanding like that again.

Girl on other team [11:53 AM]:
    no worries.. for me the BRD is a bible (for all projects) and i am a strong supporter of documentation to avoid any confusion

Me [11:53 AM]:
    I'm glad you gave me the chance to apologize.
    I am pretty struck by how much the guilt was eating away at me - being wrong and not acknowledging it. As soon as I admitted where I was at fault, it was like a weight off.

I know I could never be one of those politicians who have to "spin" everything to make them seem right all the time. That would be daily torture to me.
    Last edited by demigraf; 05-17-2011 at 01:11 PM.

You're a sweetheart Myles. I think the ability and willingness to admit you are wrong is a virtue.

Very nice, Myles. I bet you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    You're a sweetheart Myles. I think the ability and willingness to admit you are wrong is a virtue.
    I agree. You're a wonderful person Myles.

I was notified by my gmail account that a strange IP has accessed my email. It's freaking me out. I changed my password...on everything. I don't think there's anything amiss, but it makes me paranoid.

Kate, you look so happy and so very pretty! Did ya like wearing the make up?

I had an awesome afternoon at the school today; I worked with 10 and 11 year olds on 2 lessons (and learned a lot of Islam-lol). One was a religious education class and the other was what they call a "topic" lesson. This has reinforced my desire to get back in to the classroom. I've typed up a reflective journal entry about the day and have lots of reading material to study.

Just seeing the different personalities in the kids was funny and made me realize how much I miss that about teaching. One of the tasks in the religious education lesson was to talk about beliefs and the teacher asked them to write what they believed in, whether it be their family, themselves, a football team or whatever and one boy wrote "I believe that when I'm 23, I'll got America and be shot in the back." 11 year old boys can be such dufuses! He was the class clown.