Page 659 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1595596096496576586596606616697097591159 ... LastLast
Results 19,741 to 19,770 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Yuck, Bridget. I don't see why he can't understand you need some rest, either sleep or just relaxing with a book. I'm sorry you had a rough night.

Kate, nice to see you! Hope you're enjoying yourself! Do you want us to say who went home for sure?
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

2. Default

lol Kate!! I was just coming in here to wish you a happy birthday! I wasn't sure if you would see it until you got home!

3. Default

I confess I am officially a quarter of a century old....

Happy Birthday Ash & Kate!!

Bridget, this is going to be harsh, but let me get this straight...your dbf lets you be the primary homemaker and child rearer where you do the majority of the housework and take care of the kids, one being a newborn, knowing full well that you breastfeed and wake up throughout the night, getting up early every day, and then he has the audacity to become upset with you because you can't stay awake through a movie you're not even interested in watching? Pray tell, what does he do to lessen your load enough to give you a decent break?

He irritates me. I'm sorry...I know you love him but I can't help feel like he's selfish and takes advantage of you. From where I sit, it appears you give and give and give, and you struggle to make sure he's happy and has a good relationship with his kids...he takes you for granted. No one else on this earth would be as good as you are to him.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I only asked if James went home because I saw Chrissy's comment that she likes Scotty but that she "loved" James more-the past tense led me to believe that he is gone-yes you can tell me!

Last night I got my prized possession--a picture alone with Joey! OMG it is awesome! I will share it when I get home.
    Remember the friend who wanted to make sure we meet up-well I have been spending almost the whole trip with her and her friends. They are awesome. The girls I was originally supposed to hang out with are really gossipy and are never happy, and they are pissed because I don't want to be in the group photo with them and the New Kids (we all are supposed to be in groups of 10 to get our pictures with nkotb).

Remember the girl I said was negative on twitter all the time-she is not as bad in real life, but she's annoying (she's part of the photo group I don't want to be in). They talk non-stop about people and how awful they are but IMO gossiping is just as bad. They walked away from me on the beach while I was trying to buy a water and that's when I met the girl whose friends I really like.
    ANYWAY, sorry to ramble, I will PM anyone who wants to know more, but I'll shut up for now (I only got 3 hours of sleep and I've got my photo op in 2 hours LOL)
    MY JOEY PIC IS AWESOME SQUEEE!
    PS there is a Chippendale on board,,he's friends with one of the guys and he's really sweet.
    Okay really shutting up now.

Happy Be-Lated Birthday to Kate and Ashley!!

And so sorry you had a rough evening Bridgett. I agree with Chrissy about how you give and give and your DBF is selfish and takes advantage of you. But I can also see your side since I feel my DH does the same things. Not as much as he used to since I decided not to argue with him (or get defensive about stupid stuff he says/does), but he does take advantage of me and he knows this because I do bring it up about how much he doesn't do when he tries to complain about me. My DH also would like me to stay up late and watch movies sometimes or even DTD in the middle of the night at like 2am when I have to get up at 6am. It upsets him that I don't do those things. I let him have his tantrum, then remind him at a later time about how much I do for our family, why I am tired, how I don't like those movies just as he doesn't like a lot of the stuff I watch and that he should be grateful that he has me in his life. Luckily he agrees and I do feel he tries not to be so useless and argumentative. Relationships are so difficult.

Erin

On another note, I finished my 5k yesterday. I have been worried about since I have not been feeling well lately with allergies and my ankles swelling for some unknow reason causing my legs/angles to hurt. I did have to stop and walk about 8 minutes which cause me to finish short of my goal, but I did get 5th place in my age group and am satisfied since I have always hated running and only picked this as a challenge to myself because I hate it so much. The hate doesn't deal with the actual act of running, just the boob flopping that occurs. I had to wear two bras to keep my boobs under control but may go ahead and sign up for another 5k for a couple months from now.

Erin

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Erin, congrats on doing the 5K!!!! I hate running too, but that does not inspire me to want to do it, not at all. Hmm, I saw some ad for a miracle jogging bra not too long ago, and I ended up just being mesmerized by the videos of the boobs flopping around (you could put in your stats and see what they did with a regular bra with different sports and with their super bra) and if their computer simulation was accurate, it truly was a miracle. Aha, a quick search reveals it is called Shock Absorber.

Bridget, I was going to say that Chrissie took the words right out of my mouth. And then Erin replied and I realized I agreed with her, too. I got annoyed at my dh this week because he kept me up too late a couple nights in a row because he decided to make some late-night work phone calls. I ended up getting less than four hours of sleep one night and less than five hours of sleep the next (not including several nursing sessions) and had such severe eye pain after that I thought I had an infection but it turns out it was just eye fatigue. I was told to try to get more rest. Hah!

I fall asleep during movies all the time, too. I pretty much don't watch movies anymore, and when we do, we watch them in divided doses over several days. Lately we haven't even been able to watch our one-hour shows. We've been watching Mad Men (still love it!) and Soren is too noisy and too awake to let us watch it before it's time for us to go to bed.

Kate, I'm glad you're having such a good time on your cruise! Thanks for checking in!

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    Relationships are so difficult.

Erin
    Ain't that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    On another note, I finished my 5k yesterday. I have been worried about since I have not been feeling well lately with allergies and my ankles swelling for some unknow reason causing my legs/angles to hurt. I did have to stop and walk about 8 minutes which cause me to finish short of my goal, but I did get 5th place in my age group and am satisfied since I have always hated running and only picked this as a challenge to myself because I hate it so much. The hate doesn't deal with the actual act of running, just the boob flopping that occurs. I had to wear two bras to keep my boobs under control but may go ahead and sign up for another 5k for a couple months from now.

Erin
    I am really very proud of you Erin! Way to go!!

Have you shopping around for specific running bras? Some of the really good ones are supposed to be expensive, but maybe they'd work better? I'm thinking one good running bra would be better than wearing 2 bras. I know how easily irritated I get over 'stuff' rubbing me wrong when I'm starting to feel fatigued while running....I couldn't imagine trying to do it wearing two bras. I think they could have hampered you enough to make you need to walk a bit. At least for me, I need to be in a real 'grove' where my clothes fit just right and my wire from my earphones isn't hitting me. I have to hold the extra wire in my hand because as it bounces against my body it disrupts my groove. But maybe I'm just a nut. Entirely possible.

Kate-I definitely want to hear all about your trip!! Please PM me!! I'm so glad you found some cool people to chill with and have a good time.

On a side note-I have to say my brother Tim and my husband are definitely rednecks. Rich got a 3rd vehicle, an older '97 Chevy Cavalier, to drive to work and back since his truck was costing $90/week. It needed a transmission. My brother found one for $175 (cool deal! ). Rich was anxious to get it in and of course the weather that had been nice finally for a week decided to rain this weekend. They decided to just do it and parked my brother's truck on one side and my husband's truck on the other, opened the hood on the little car, and draped a tarp over top...redneck garage.

Tim is awesome because he'll do this for us, in the rain, and looking ridiculous. He did tease me a bit about how our cars wouldn't wait till we lived somewhere where there was a real garage.

I am now looking forward to going back to our little house. I have ideas, have been watching HGTV, and I think just maybe we can pull this off. I've even had conversations with Rich that maybe we'll get it looking so nice, we won't want to sell it next year after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    ... Hmm, I saw some ad for a miracle jogging bra not too long ago, and I ended up just being mesmerized by the videos of the boobs flopping around
    lmao!

checking in from Minneapolis. So far so good, went to welcome reception and got a couple of free drinks, went to dinner with a group of librarians from my system and had another drink. Librarians know how to party!

This morning went to a couple of lectures and walked a few blocks for lunch at a British pub....and it was so nice and perfect weather that we ate outside like it was a European cafe. Pretty soon I will be heading back down to the convention center for some special interest group meetings and a poster session.

having a nice time but already missed home cooked food and I REALLY miss my DH and my Cosmo. I don't even really like being away from them for work and that is only 8 hours.....so a few days is a LOT for us. I always have so much more fun when DH is with me.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I ate at a British pub when I was at Minneapolis for a convention too! Have you been in the Hamster habitrails yet?

Glad you're have a great time Jennifer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Hmm, I saw some ad for a miracle jogging bra not too long ago, and I ended up just being mesmerized by the videos of the boobs flopping around (you could put in your stats and see what they did with a regular bra with different sports and with their super bra) and if their computer simulation was accurate, it truly was a miracle. Aha, a quick search reveals it is called Shock Absorber.
    Looked up the bra and I may just get a shock absorber. I am trying to narrow down what bra I want to get and am planning on spending a ton IMO (between $40 and $80) on a bra. I figure it better last me a long time and render my girls immobile for the money. And LOL about the mesmerization. I would probably be the same way. They have this infomercial on here that has some sort of bra that looks like pantyhose (which I think is a crock) and I watch that infomercial all the time because they show how much lift and shrinkage us big boobied women can get.

And Chrissy I did have a lot of friction with my two bras. I actually got an abrasion from the tighter bra strap on my shoulder and now will probably have a permanent scar. Anytime I get any type of scrapes or anything they leave marks forever. I was really POd about it.

And Kate forgot to say.....have fun!! So glad you found a good group of ladies to hang with!

Erin

Bobbie is trying to kill me. She's not sure if college is 'her path' any more. I think she's just having anxiety about the end of school & the beginning of a new phase in her life...but gosh, I don't want to hear this!!

ARGHH Chrissy!! What does she think her "path" may be then?

I can relate to the floppy boobs. I've been wearing a nursing tank with a sports bra over it and then a workout shirt with a built in sports bra. I do the Jillian Michaels workouts and there is a lot of jumping around involved.
    And speaking of boobs, when dbf's friend was over the other night having drinks he told me I was looking good and boobs were big. Yeesh. He's old enough to be my dad. I was feeling a little awkward about that.
    And speaking of the other night, I told dbf that he was not allowed to talk to me about our relationship or our children after he's had 2 drinks. He agree but we shall see. My brother was over last night and there were a few moments where I think my brother wanted to smack dbf upside the head. Dbf came into the kitchen after I had dinner all ready and my brother was holding Sawyer for me so I could eat. I'd gotten the kids their food and the rest was on the stove and dbf walks in and says, "Did you fix me a plate?"
    I was like, "Um. No." and he looked at my brother and said, "Wow. Can you feel the love?"
    My brother was basically jaw on the floor and wondered aloud if that was supposed to be a joke or if he was for real. I don't think dbf was joking but I don't know why he said that because I don't fix a grown man plate. Why would he expect that? He is so weird.
    Last edited by Bridget; 05-15-2011 at 08:33 PM.

That's really strange considering you don't do that for him regularly. I seriously wonder what is up with men sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    ARGHH Chrissy!! What does she think her "path" may be then?

I can relate to the floppy boobs. I've been wearing a nursing tank with a sports bra over it and then a workout shirt with a built in sports bra. I do the Jillian Michaels workouts and there is a lot of jumping around involved.
    And speaking of boobs, when dbf's friend was over the other night having drinks he told me I was looking good and boobs were big. Yeesh. He's old enough to be my dad. I was feeling a little awkward about that.
    And speaking of the other night, I told dbf that he was not allowed to talk to me about our relationship or our children after he's had 2 drinks. He agree but we shall see. My brother was over last night and there were a few moments where I think my brother wanted to smack dbf upside the head. Dbf came into the kitchen after I had dinner all ready and my brother was holding Sawyer for me so I could eat. I'd gotten the kids their food and the rest was on the stove and dbf walks in and says, "Did you fix me a plate?"
    I was like, "Um. No." and he looked at my brother and said, "Wow. Can you feel the love?"
    My brother was basically jaw on the floor and wondered allowed if that was supposed to be a joke or if he was for real. I don't think dbf was joking but I don't know why he said that because I don't fix a grown man plate. Why would he expect that? He is so weird.
    She's just getting anxious and putting pressure on herself to pick the 'perfect' career, right now, and one that will be fulfilling for her throughout her life. I'm talking to her, via chat, and getting things sorted out. It's so hard to not get emotional and write back "WTF ARE YOU THINKING!!!!??? You're going to college, period!!" But I haven't. lol

As for your dbf, I almost wish your brother would have said something. Did your dbf at least have the sense to look shamed after he said that? Actually, I'm surprised you didn't say something. I can only imagine how that would go down in my house!

I so hope you can keep her on the right path.

Oh and I said something. I just waited. You see how he said, "Can you feel the love?" He quickly paints himself the victim so that anything I'd have said right then would have (to him) supported his role as poor, neglected man.
    Later I told him that my brother thought it had to be a joke. Dbf said it was a joke. But it wasn't. I guess he was trying to be macho or something but he sure picked the wrong crowd. And then instead of saying he effed up and was sorry, he says he was kidding.

You deserve better.

I took an HPT against my better judgment. Probably too soon, but it was negative. Sucks because I swear I have a ton of symptoms. I threw up brushing my teeth this afternoon before we went out shopping, and I felt nauseated again after dinner.

Good luck, Mandy...with Travis, I took a hpt around 11 dpo and it was negative and like 3 days later, it was a BFP!

Mandy, it's too early! I have been stalking your other thread and am very hopeful for you.

I just carried Savana from the couch where she was snuggled up with me, into the bedroom where I hope she will sleep for a few more hours.
    She was so heavy. I can hardly lift her! When did this happen??

Aw Mandy. Here's hoping!

Tim & Rich are putting the transmission in Rich's little car today and it's forecast to rain all day long.

They put up a redneck garage yesterday:

Tim didn't want me to post it on Facebook, but he didn't say anything about message boards.

Mandy, I always got late positives, too, but looking back on it tended to have a few symptoms beforehand. Hoping for you!!!!

Chrissie, I have a feeling my dad could beat your family in redneckediness hands-down. Probably just in the sheer amount of cars hidden in the lawn. And toilets.

I try to keep a lid on the redneck-iness that goes on around my house. At one point we did have 7 cars in our driveway years ago. I put my foot down and put a stop to that crap...otherwise, if I let those two at it, god only knows what our 3 acres would look like. At least the current redneck garage is in the back and totally hidden from view from everyone.

Tim keeps telling me, "Your cars couldn't wait another month or so till we had a garage, could they?" Sorry Tim.

Aw, 7 cars in a more in a yard makes me feel homesick. LOL. My dad has a hard time letting go of any old cars. I think he only has one old truck in his yard right now and that is the least he's had in years.

I'm feeling anxious about my first day volunteering tomorrow. I think it's just nerves knowing that the volunteer work is the biggest part of my application to get in to the teaching program that I want to do, so I feel like I have to really make a big impression....and I'm just used to being a SAHM right now.....neeeervous!!!

I'm sure you'll do just fine Ash. Where will the kids be while you're volunteering? How much time per week are you volunteering?

When Rich & Tim had their junk yard in my driveway, they were in the works of fixing some and selling parts off of others. One day 2 scary looking men stopped by to look at a car, only no one told me they were coming. They rang the doorbell but they were too scary looking for me to answer being home alone with Bobbie & Jessie. They were little at the time.

I watched them go around to the back of my house, but they each went the opposite way from each other so I got really scared. As chance would have it, our power went out and we only had a cordless phone at the time and no cell phones. My heart was pounding!! I was convinced they had cut the power.

Our backdoor was down at the basement level and many people would come in through the garage door and up the stairs to knock at our upstairs kitchen door. I didn't think I could get my girls out the front door and run to the safety of a neighbors, so I stood at that back kitchen door listening for their footsteps with a butcher knife in my hand. I had every intention of flying down the stairs and attacking them if I heard them coming...I was that scared. Luckily for them, they didn't

That was when I really got on Rich's case and said no more. Get rid of the cars because I'm going to end up killing a rough looking redneck if that continues.

I'm volunteering 3 hours in the morning on Tuesdays and 3 hours in the afternoons on Fridays. On Tues, my MIL will watch Cash while Travis goes to to daycare all day (he already does this and loves his one day there; it's affiliated with his elementary school that he'll be attending) and on Fridays, my MIL and FIL will watch both boys as my FIL does not work on Fridays.

Growing up, we always had cars in our yard. We used them as toys. In the summers, we used to run the water hose on the back of cars (especially the old long pimp cars like Pontiac Bonnevilles) and would use them like a slip and slide (would start on top of the car and slide down the trunk!) I had a real hillbilly upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    I had a real hillbilly upbringing.

I hope you have fun volunteering. I think it sounds like a manageable amount of time. What will you be doing exactly?