Page 633 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1335335836236316326336346356436837331133 ... LastLast
Results 18,961 to 18,990 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Awesome Jennifer! Are you going to work out every other day? I need to get back into it too.

I can't believe you're still getting predictions of that much accumulation! I seriously think I'd cry. I've been venting about the cold and rain. Snow would push me over the edge.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Yeah around here we cry if we get snow in early April...but it's almost May now! The last time it snowed was March 31 I think, and that was crazy.
    Good for you for working out..since Josh and I were sick I didn't go to the gym for like a week and a half, and I went back today and it felt good. I also got an xbox 360 kinect workout thing for when I can't make it to the gym. I still have this fantasy that I can lose 10 lbs. before May 11...LOL
    I'm happy with my size, but still annoyed that I have a lot of fat in my stomach and thighs.

Jennifer, here is a link to the American Speech-Language Hearing Association's discussion of the article. People from all employment settings are weighing in on the topic. I have to say, from my hospital placement back in grad school I wouldn't call that less stressful ... more flexible, certainly, but there I had patients that were actually dying while on my caseload so it had an enormous emotional toll. Outpatient/private clinics don't have that issue or all the school based issues, but it has its own set of stresses. I simply can't imagine the job not being stressful just based on the fact that you are dealing with people with disabilities. That population is just not easy to work with. Rewarding, absolutely, and I wouldn't trade it, but stress-free is just not part of the job.

Good for you for working out!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Our snow stuck. It's dreadful being stuck inside when we thought spring was here.

I confess that I did not like my haircut so took scissors to it myself.It's really, really short. Too short. But oddly, I don't regret it.

Can we see pics, Bridget?

I'm tired!

Only a few more days until my busy season is over! I am trying to get ready for the shows I have on Friday and Saturday AND clean the house because: a. one of the local newstations is coming over Friday morning to interview me for a feature and, b. My in-laws are coming to town for the weekend

I don't know why they always have to come for my busiest weekends! I do know, actually. My husband calls them and invites them to come so that he doesn't have to take care of JoJo all by himself for longer than two hours. It is so annoying to me because it adds an extra dimension of stress to an already stressful time. The last thing I will want to do on Friday night, after my morning interview and four-hour demo is go out to dinner with them and entertain and take care of JoJo all while trying to plan in my head all the stuff I am going to need to do for my Saturday show.

Vent over now.

I still have so much to do, but I might just go to bed. Major house-cleaning, pack up supplies and eggs, make lists, worry and fret that I am forgetting something major - this can all be done tomorrow.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Pics Bridget! I cut my own hair after I go and get it cut every time. It's a sickness. I should just stay at home and save the money if I'm going to cut it myself anyway.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Can we see pics, Bridget?
    I will have Savana take one tomorrow. No lol-ing!

Yuck, Katy. It will all be over soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I will have Savana take one tomorrow. No lol-ing!
    Promise I won't!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Awesome Jennifer! Are you going to work out every other day? I need to get back into it too.

I can't believe you're still getting predictions of that much accumulation! I seriously think I'd cry. I've been venting about the cold and rain. Snow would push me over the edge.
    Yeah that would be super awesome if I could actually do it every other day. I will see how I feel tomorrow....I would like to say I will do something tomorrow and something every day....just do different things each day...I mean seriously 15-20 minutes would be more than I have been doing. All I do now is walk maybe 10 minutes a day while at work.
    Ideally I need to lose a lot...but I would be very happy with 30 lbs.

OMG I was NOT happy when we were having winter storm watches. We literally just missed the bulk of the snow by it going 30 minutes drive south of us. this has been the longest winter and we are something like 22 inches above normal for the season. We should be in the upper 50's this time of year.

I want to start thinking about getting my garden going already!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

We are working on a garden this year. DH actually said he wanted to do it. We have a raised bed that the previous owner built, but the wood around it is rotting out so DH tore it out and has been building a stone wall around it. We started some plants indoors a few days ago and they are growing like crazy! We still can't plant for a couple weeks.
    I agree, we need pictures Bridget!

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

It's been fairly warm here (in the 40s) but our yard is still COVERED in snow, so no playing yet. All the snow had melted by this time last year but we had a freak storm in Feb and got a ton of snow.

14. Default

Cass... I can't tell you how many years I woke up to snow on my birthday (May 14) while I lived there.....

Just sayin....

Aw, Ash, look at your siggy pic, how cute!!!!

This Easter is so different compared to last year; we were all wrapped up in about 5 layers last year and this year, we're in shorts. Weird English weather.

Kate, I know what you mean about losing weight; I go home to see my parents in 5 weeks and I have this idea that I'll some home lose 3 pounds before I go, yet I still am indulging in little treats here and there. lol.

Chrissy, I'm glad the social services will be leaving you alone now.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    Cass... I can't tell you how many years I woke up to snow on my birthday (May 14) while I lived there.....

Just sayin....
    No way! We have the same birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Aw, Ash, look at your siggy pic, how cute!!!!

This Easter is so different compared to last year; we were all wrapped up in about 5 layers last year and this year, we're in shorts. Weird English weather.

Kate, I know what you mean about losing weight; I go home to see my parents in 5 weeks and I have this idea that I'll some home lose 3 pounds before I go, yet I still am indulging in little treats here and there. lol.

Chrissy, I'm glad the social services will be leaving you alone now.
    You can totally lose 3 lbs in 5 weeks!

How funny about the birthdays! Chrissy and I share a birthday as well!

I talked to dbf a little more about my worries regarding him going to NY. He says he understands, he just "wishes i trusted him by now." He also pretty much said if he goes, it will be party central so I mentioned that it's not a very considerate choice for a "married" man wiyh 3 young children at home to take off to NY to get smashed. To which he said nothing. Not a word. I guess that was my clue the discussion was over.
    The other part of the equation is that we are broke right now. So if we don't have the funds to go and he goes, that would be very selfish. I just realized I'm not even sure when it is!
    I'm not going to bring it up again. I've said my piece and that's all I can do. I won't outright tell him he can't go. I just don't work like that.

I confess that I did not like my haircut so took scissors to it myself.It's really, really short. Too short. But oddly, I don't regret it.
    You're a very brave woman. I wanna see!

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I'm tired!

Only a few more days until my busy season is over! I am trying to get ready for the shows I have on Friday and Saturday AND clean the house because: a. one of the local newstations is coming over Friday morning to interview me for a feature and, b. My in-laws are coming to town for the weekend

I don't know why they always have to come for my busiest weekends! I do know, actually. My husband calls them and invites them to come so that he doesn't have to take care of JoJo all by himself for longer than two hours. It is so annoying to me because it adds an extra dimension of stress to an already stressful time. The last thing I will want to do on Friday night, after my morning interview and four-hour demo is go out to dinner with them and entertain and take care of JoJo all while trying to plan in my head all the stuff I am going to need to do for my Saturday show.

Vent over now.

I still have so much to do, but I might just go to bed. Major house-cleaning, pack up supplies and eggs, make lists, worry and fret that I am forgetting something major - this can all be done tomorrow.
    I'm sorry you have to deal with entertaining the in-laws on top of everything else. It sounds like your plate is full enough as it is.

I've said my piece and that's all I can do. I won't outright tell him he can't go. I just don't work like that.
    You're so much better of a person than I.

When I read your first post about a wedding in NY, I got all excited thinking you'd be coming with the kids too. Bummer.

There's a bit of snow here right now. I don't have windows in my office, so I'm trying not to think about it. On mothers day last year, we had 1/2-1 inch.

I am so happy that I don't have to deal with snow here. We had a "storm" in January that shut down the whole city for a week, even buses didn't run because there are no salt trucks and I was really peeved off about it. I can't imagine dealing with snow this late in the year. My mom in OH said that she got about 4 inches the other day when it was 75 and sunny here. I don't envy you all still having to deal with that.

Katy I hope your weekend is not too stressful, especially with inlaws coming.

And Ashley (10Eels) I agree if you still want your tubes tied to get them done, it would be a great "anniversary" gift to yourself. Though I must say that you are so young, maybe you should just stick with the Mirena. I know a lot of women who had tubes tied during their 20s after 2 kids then met the love of their lives and wanted more kids and had to pay thousands of dollars to have the tubes untied to not even get PG. A couple have but not all. But if you are sure, you should go for it.

Bridgett, I hope your DBF takes your feelings into consideration. I also want to see pics too. I am thinking of cutting off all my hair. I've been watching too many PBS Knowledge shows and watching to many movies about Africans and keep looking at the ladies with short cuts (almost no hair) and thinking that I would like to cut my hair off as well. But I have a huge head and would probably look crazy, and who knows what kinds of lumps are under my hair (according to Ky LOL). Plus I love my hair, I just hate dealing with it sometimes and now that it is getting hotter, it's been in the 80s, almost 90s here in the past few weeks, I am sweating too much and just want to take it off. I more than likely won't though. Maybe for my 50th birthday or something so that gives me time to prepare. Eighteen years is enough I guess if I start thinking about it now.

On the subject of drunks, my DH is a very nice drunk. He's nicer when drunk than when not actually. Everyone says this about him. He is very pleasant and sweet and actually listens better and is more affectionate. Just all around a nice guy when drunk, it is VERY strange as I had never met a nice drunk before him.

I don't mention it, but DH does drink too much IMO, but since he is so nice, I don't complain. That his horrible huh!! He has actually cut back though in the past few months since he's had some health concerns regarding a mystery illness. I posted before when his tongue swelled up and he had to go to the ER. He has had to get tons of testing they thought it might be genetic, related to alcohol consumption (which is why he stopped drinking as so much), lupus, and more recently sarcoidosis (sp?) but all have been ruled out and he is thinking to just stop drinking so much and trying to take better care of himself physically and just deal with intermittent swelling.

I hardly ever drink but am nice when I'm drunk as well, nice and horny and sleepy. I'm a triple threat when drunk!

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I hardly ever drink but am nice when I'm drunk as well, nice and horny and sleepy. I'm a triple threat when drunk!

Erin
    This made me laugh
    Come to think of it I think I pointed out last year that Ash and I have the same birthday.
    That's so cool that Bridget and Chrissy have the same birthday too!
    So...can we talk about Idol yet? I thought James was so awesome.

I actually taped AI and when I saw the recaps at the end, I didn't like any so I deleted it instead of watching it.
    It is hard because DH and I watched Glee last night and than to watch AI an hour or two later....well it makes the kids on AI seem much less talented even though I know one is taped and one is done live. But there just isn't one person I'm really into on AI this year like I have in some of the seasons past.
    I will tape it tonight too....if nothing else I can FF through a lot of the junk and see David Cook and Katy Perry.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    So...can we talk about Idol yet? I thought James was so awesome.
    I always think James is awesome, but last night he was especially so! Casey did well too.

I haven't kept up with AI this year but what i've seen of that Casey, I like. He did a CCR song a few shows ago and I was impressed.

My favorite Casey night was when he did Elton Johns Your Song (one of my top favorite songs so that helps and since he did it well....)

I like James....but not as much as I like Adam Lambert.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

My dh is a nice drunk, too. He's more sociable, friendly, relaxed. He will go through periods where he doesn't drink at all for months at a time, and then he'll have a drink or two or three every single night. Same with food. He eats peanut butter and jelly sandwiches all the time now, so I'm constantly running out of bread and pb&j because I'm not expecting him to go through them so fast. Then I'll have like three jars of his pb in stock, and he'll stop eating it, just like that. *poof* he's like the epitome of the food/drink jag.

Thought I'd share a pic of my Cash with y'all; he's 7.5 months old now.

Aww, he's pretty cute!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Thought I'd share a pic of my Cash with y'all; he's 7.5 months old now.

He is just adorable!!

Erin

He really is adorable! omg-I him!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I just posted a link on my fb about my job being in a list of the top 10 least stressful jobs ... I think you guys have heard enough of my stories of disabled kids to know the truth of that. Meanwhile, my brother's long-term girlfriend is a freelancer and writes restaurant reviews and posted that she gets to judge a cupcake contest. Seriously. I'd love to make a comment about it not being a stressful as cupcake tasting, but I love Paul's girlfriend and don't want to piss her off.
    LOL. Oh, that's so funny! I only wish she had a sense of humor so you'd feel comfortable commenting about this jokingly.