Page 627 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1275275776176256266276286296376777271127 ... LastLast
Results 18,781 to 18,810 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I've kept off the 4 pounds I lost with my GI illness several weeks ago, so far. It helped jump-start dh's diet, and when he diets, I have to eat better too.
    I wish DH would eat better with me He's always suggesting terrible foods and I'm horrible with temptation.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I eat more moderately than dh--I would eat worse than he does when he's on a diet (except I want to support him), but I eat better than he does when he's not on a diet. I really really want him to be healthy and lose weight, though, so I'll do everything in my power to make sure we only have healthy food in the house that is compatible with his diet, and I have to try hard not to give him a look of disapproval when he slips up and has a bowl of cereal for dessert.

Kate, have you tried talking to dh about supporting you and what you would need from him to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle? Dh sat me down and talked to me about his diet plan and what he hoped to accomplish and what he needed from me. He needed a lot, of course, since I do all of the cooking and most of the grocery shopping.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 04-16-2011 at 05:33 PM.

I eat much worse things than a bowl of cereal!
    I start off well...I get a bowl of carrots and some fat free dressing, then I'm like, well, since I was so good with that snack, I can have a piece of cheese, and oh, I need to have some crackers with that, and a glass of wine...sigh.
    I barely ate anything today. I was so happy to have white rice left over from the Chinese food we got last night. I had Special K and a cup of coffee in the morning (before I felt sick) and I'm having some chai tea now because I'm freezing.

I've been eating like a pig lately myself. I can't tell you how many 'treats' I've been having. I need to knock it off.

Kate, I hope it doesn't get bad for you. We had to postpone Bobbie's bday party because she's so sick. Poor girl.

I keep trying to tell myself to have patience. We'll tackle one thing at a time, but we won't stop this time. We only have a year, so we can't afford to be lazy.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I'm sorry Bobbie's so sick
    Yeah..one thing at a time. There's a lot we want to do too, but they're mostly costly. We want to paint a lot of rooms, which is cheap and doesn't take too long.

One of Josh's friend's mom called me today because I guess her son told her Josh hadn't been in school for a while. She said she never does cold liquid when her son's sick. She puts a warm heating pad on his belly, gives him warm liquids and from what I understand, some mashed hard boiled egg yolk. Don't quote me on that--she has a heavy Chinese accent and I may have misunderstood her.

That's sweet her son mentioned Josh and that she called. I kwyn about the thick accent. Last night I called to order Chinese and they didn't have any Dim Sun (sp?). The lady asked me if I want aljdijgfakngar instead. I was like, "...sure." I don't know what it was, but Rich liked it.

We're going to have to start with painting. The two rooms that depress me are the kitchen and bath, but there's not much I'm going to be able to do about it right away. "Serenity now!"

Dim Sum? ooo.
    I have the hardest time with accents, especially over the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Dim Sum? ooo.
    I have the hardest time with accents, especially over the phone.
    Yes! That's it! Rich loves it and I always get it for him.

That is one thing i have in dbf is the handiest handyman ever. He works fasr and it's always quality because he is a perfectionist.
    Chrissy for a fleeting moment i thought how cool if we came to visit you and dbf could help Rich but then i remembered how much you know about him and you'd probably kick his ass!

The bowl of cereal before bed is my biggest weakness. Well, okay wine is my biggest weakness but I am not giving that up.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    That is one thing i have in dbf is the handiest handyman ever. He works fasr and it's always quality because he is a perfectionist.
    Chrissy for a fleeting moment i thought how cool if we came to visit you and dbf could help Rich but then i remembered how much you know about him and you'd probably kick his ass!

The bowl of cereal before bed is my biggest weakness. Well, okay wine is my biggest weakness but I am not giving that up.
    I think it would be cool. I think you'd love upstate NY. We could go have dinner at Midge's restaurant. It would be a blast!

I'd refrain from telling your dbf about himself. You're my friend so I wouldn't ever say anything that would make your life less pleasant. Well, not on purpose anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Yes! That's it! Rich loves it and I always get it for him.
    Is it a particular thing or an assortment? I always thought dim sum was the name for all the stuff they give you at those restaurants where they have the carts they wheel around and you point to what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Is it a particular thing or an assortment? I always thought dim sum was the name for all the stuff they give you at those restaurants where they have the carts they wheel around and you point to what you want.
    Hm...it's a particular thing. I don't know what it is because I don't eat it. They are little balls-some stuff wrapped in what appears to be an egg noodle? And Rich dips it in super hot stuff that makes his eyes water. That's all I know.

I'm pretty sure it's dim sum, but I honestly don't know. Every single time I order it, I have to ask the girls, "What's that stuff Daddy likes?"

Conner is going through dinosaur youtube videos and they've all had music backgrounds. He turned up the volume to Kryptonite and Bad to the Bone

I think it would be cool. I think you'd love upstate NY. We could go have dinner at Midge's restaurant. It would be a blast!

I'd refrain from telling your dbf about himself. You're my friend so I wouldn't ever say anything that would make your life less pleasant. Well, not on purpose anyway!

Hm...it's a particular thing. I don't know what it is because I don't eat it. They are little balls-some stuff wrapped in what appears to be an egg noodle? And Rich dips it in super hot stuff that makes his eyes water. That's all I know.

I'm pretty sure it's dim sum, but I honestly don't know. Every single time I order it, I have to ask the girls, "What's that stuff Daddy likes?"

Conner is going through dinosaur youtube videos and they've all had music backgrounds. He turned up the volume to Kryptonite and Bad to the Bone
    Mmm, it sounds good. And Conner.

My stomach is a bottomless pit today. It doesn't help that I had a screwdriver and that always makes me hungry for junk food. I happen to have junk in the house too, because Bobbie bought some cheesecake filling (not great, but not horrible either) and we have an ice cream cake as a little celebration for her 18th bday. I want to eat both!

I know the grass isalways greener, but I almost envy you ladies. I struggle so hard t gain weight. When Robbie was born some people thought it might have been because I wasn't gaining enough weight. I was eatingtons, but not gaining anything and the guilt over the idea that Robbie had to go through all he did was my fault was t terrible. But I didn't gain hardly anything with Annica either and we made it to term. But now I worry that I will have supply issues even though I had a great supply before and do now too.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

18. Default

No need to envy me in that department Shannah.. I look at a cake or something and gain 5 pounds... and yet that doesn't defer me from eating it.

I can't remember if I confessed it in here or not, if so, Im sorry for the repeat... but here goes..........

I confess I have a boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess I have a boyfriend.
    Tell us about him! How'd you meet? What's he like? Does he have kids?

Ashley, you are a cheeky monkey for confessing such a detail and then not elaborating on it!

Sorry to all y'all dealing with illnesses....we've been lucky this year to not be sick at all...now that I've said that, I'm sure one of us will come down with something!

I understand gaining weight can be as difficult as losing it.
    Yay Ash! Details!

22. Default

Tell us about him! How'd you meet? What's he like? Does he have kids?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Ashley, you are a cheeky monkey for confessing such a detail and then not elaborating on it!
    Lol.. Cheeky monkey

You all remember the first date I went on since B and I divorced? Around Thanksgiving time??

Its the guy with the 9 year old daughter, who's sister worked with me, and she introduced us. His name is Randy.

We stopped talking for a while, and saw each other again in January at a mutual friends memorial service. There was a pot luck after the service, and the friend I drove with and I didn't want to stay. Randy was kind of in charge of everything, so I asked him if I left the crock pot and food that I brought if he would take it home afterwards, and I could just swing by and get it another day. He said sure as long as he could help himself to whatever was left. lol I went by about a week later to pick it up, and we fell right back into the swing of us hanging out and talking. Last week we decided to make things official, and be "dating" lol.

Woohoo! how fun!

Ashley, that's wonderful! It sounds like you're both taking things nice and slow and letting things just develop naturally. I'm so happy for you!!

I was making my rounds through the other posts and...well, hi!

I hope everyone is doing well!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Hi Janeen! how are you?

Hey Janeen!

Pity party!
    I'm tiring of feeling like the third wheel. Whenever any sort of event happens I feel like I go along by myself or tag along with people I sort of know. I feel like nobody knows who I am. I'm really nervous about the cruise because so far I've been sort of left in the dust by the group of girls I'm "going with" (not rooming on the boat, but sharing a hotel with some of them the night before and planning to meet up for dinners and the events). We all talk on twitter and facebook and yet nobody really messages me directly and I kind of see what they're talking about because they're all on my friends lists but they're not directing any of their conversation at me.
    It's like if you made a comment to a bunch of APA girls by name on facebook but you didn't mention me, but I saw it anyway because I'm on your friends list. Anyway, I feel like this has been happening since I graduated high school and I don't know how to get more noticed and remembered. I'm always so and so's friend or that girl who tagged along. Sigh.

I just want to be remembered...
    Sorry, this is stemming from a lot of things...I just needed to get it out.

Kate. We remember you - and like you - in here.

Ashley, congrats on the boyfriend!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12