Page 621 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1215215716116196206216226236316717211121 ... LastLast
Results 18,601 to 18,630 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Thanks Mandy, that was helpful. I knew there was something about keeping the food separate.

That's a lot to keep track of.

WF said no for a mortgage at this time, but they called my house yesterday so I didn't get the message till late last night. They left a number to call back because they said there are some steps we can take to get approved, but I can't get anyone to answer and there's no voicemail.

My realtor is working on a lease with option agreement with the seller's realtor right now. I hope they accept the terms. My realtor proposed 900/month "rent" which would be sweet. We're paying 870 now. It would give us time to save more because I budgeted for 1350 for a mortgage payment.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Cool! Hope it works out.

I'm taking Josh to the doctor today, once they call me back. I mentioned he threw up Thursday night and had a little diarrhea. He was fine Friday, except one bout of diarrhea after he had some chex mix. I kept him on blander food after that. Saturday he was fine.
    Sun. a.m. he threw up again, but he was fine after that. Sunday all day he was fine. This morning he's been having very watery diarrhea. It just seems very strange how it comes and goes.

Oh no Kate. I hope he feels better.

The sellers are willing to rent to us. $10,000 down, which will go toward closing costs if/when we buy the place. If we don't buy it, we're out. $1,100/month for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    The sellers are willing to rent to us. $10,000 down, which will go toward closing costs if/when we buy the place. If we don't buy it, we're out. $1,100/month for a year.
    Are they serious? $10,000 down and you lose it after a year? That seems really steep, especially since they were planning on renting it out anyway, right?

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    Are they serious? $10,000 down and you lose it after a year? That seems really steep, especially since they were planning on renting it out anyway, right?
    There are realtor/legal fees involved. I take it that's going to be our closing costs when the time comes to buy it. I have to double check that though.

Dani (6) and Chris (4)

Thanks Claudia! How are you? We haven't talked in a while.
    Chrissy, I don't really know if that's a good deal or not, but how do you feel about it?

Well I hope that everything works out, Chrissy! I didn't mean to sound harsh I had just never heard of $10K down for lease-to-own.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Thanks Claudia! How are you? We haven't talked in a while.
    Chrissy, I don't really know if that's a good deal or not, but how do you feel about it?
    Well, the ten grand is what we'd have put down for closing if we were approved anyway, so if it works out we won't be out anything. I need to get a hold of the Wells Fargo lady because she left a message saying she had suggestions on what we should do to get approved. I need to know what those suggestions are before I know for sure if this will work for us. If we do it, it will be with the intention of buying it of course.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    Well I hope that everything works out, Chrissy! I didn't mean to sound harsh I had just never heard of $10K down for lease-to-own.
    It's ok. I feel a little trepidation about it myself. That's a lot of money to put up for a 'maybe' scenario. It would be sickening to lose it.

If we don't rent at this time, the other option is to stay where we are, providing our current landlords let us, for another year till the seller's re-list the house again. I worry about opting to stay because I don't know if our current landlords will extend our lease and I don't know what other renters would do to that house in the meantime.

Chrissy, do you really love the house THAT much? I'm not a risk taker so don't think that we would go for it....though I would find out for sure if I could extend the lease where you are currently first. And than just look around in a year. I don't understand why they would need the closing costs now. I mean if you don't rent it, they will just rent to someone else. And wow, those are high closing costs! We had three closings and didn't pay half that for all of them.

I came home yesterday to a nice surprise....my tax refund came! I'm shocked because we mailed it early March in paper and was having a paper check sent to me (had to file paper because of the first time buyer credit and all the extra papers that have to be included). So something like 4-5 weeks and I got the check! Helpful too since we will be having to give the adoption agency around 5K in the near future.

Kate I hope that Josh feels better soon!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Chrissy, do you really love the house THAT much
    yes, I do. And so does Rich. There are too many pluses to that house to list. And, we hate where we are. Hate it with a passion. I really cannot fathom staying here another year.

The closing costs include realtor fees and legal fees associated with the rent-with-option lease, as well as our down payment on the place. So 10,000 for a down payment isn't a lot. It's just a lot when I think about losing it if things don't work out.

I hope that it works out for you than! I never had that feeling with any houses we saw....and we were probably in over 50 between viewings and open houses each weekend. I had some that I liked well enough and thought could work but than the price wasn't that much cheaper than building and I could get mostly what I wanted (though after almost a year there, a few things I would have changed!).

I wonder if it could be set up to where if you could buy it sooner than a year, you could.

And legal fees are insane. Depending on the age of the birth parents, we could end up being socked with FOUR lawyers and all their fees. I'm just trying to ignore that for now since it might be a while before we have to think about it.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thanks Jennifer. I'm a nervous wreck over the whole thing. Rich & I have a lot of talking to do, and he better have some insight and not just agree with everything I say or I just may smack him. I'm sure I'll feel better about whatever decision I make after talking to WF. Whatever they suggest we do will have to be within reason or else we just won't be able to go for it. I believe we'll be able to buy the place as soon as we get WF straightened out, and Sara from WF had mentioned 3 months to me before.

It's mind boggling how much legal fees are for anything. I hope you don't end up needing 4 lawyers involved.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 04-12-2011 at 09:56 AM.

I don't know what I would do about the house Chrissy.

I do know my mom bought her house as a lease purchase initially because she had bad credit (a bankruptcy though her credit score wasn't that horrible since it had been a few years). She had to put down 6K but she was adamant about staying in the house and buying something. The old house we lived in was filled with toxic mold and she and I both were having horrible health side effects from it. That was a long time ago and I remember her being worried about the money but also saying that she would just make sure she stayed there. She transitioned to a traditional mortgage in about 3 years after moving there.

Erin

Josh is okay, she just thinks his diet isn't bland enough to settle him so it keeps coming back. He's having chicken soup and bread and juice for lunch.

Aw, I hope the bland diet works.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Josh is okay, she just thinks his diet isn't bland enough to settle him so it keeps coming back. He's having chicken soup and bread and juice for lunch.
    I would skip the juice....that is a surefire way to get the bowels moving.

I would do the BRAT diet. Bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Okay, it's just that she said to keep him hydrated--should I just try to give him water and these pedialyte popsicles?

Yeah I would. I avoid juice myself or just have a very small amount once in a while. Too bad because it is tasty but I pay for it.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I would think that even the chicken soup is probably ok long as it's not a greasy chicken soup but a low fat one. Some plain chicken is usually pretty easy on the tummy too.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

chrissy, is there no way that the owner of the house would just be willing to do a straightforward lease/rental agreement, perhaps if you agreed to an additional $100-200 per month in lieu of the risk?

25. Default

I confess my mom is back home. My aunt is on life support, and they still don't know exactly what is wrong. All of her test come back negative, and they were going to do a lumbar puncture to test for meningitis, but she has a rod in her back so they couldn't... They are treating her for meningitis because according to the doctor it won't hurt if she doesn't have it...... They had to put a tube in her nose to her stomach for her meds because she wouldn't take anything orally. (food or water either..)

The doctor pretty much said "I don't give up, but sometimes the patients do"

Aw hugs.

Chrissy, I wish I could offer some advice about the house but in the end, I suspect it comes down to how much the house is worth to you. If it means enough to risk the 10K I'd probably do it.

Ashley, I'm so sorry about your aunt.

Kate, hope Josh feels better soon.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    chrissy, is there no way that the owner of the house would just be willing to do a straightforward lease/rental agreement, perhaps if you agreed to an additional $100-200 per month in lieu of the risk?
    They might. I think perhaps my realtor and their realtor are worried about getting their cut though. Part of the email that the two realtors sent me indicated they'd get 1/2 their fees now, and the other 1/2 when we close.

While 10k is high, it's not unheard of. I really wish WF would call me back. If I knew we just had to do x,y,z and we'd get approved, and providing x,y,z were manageable, I'd just say to heck with it and jump in and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess my mom is back home. My aunt is on life support, and they still don't know exactly what is wrong. All of her test come back negative, and they were going to do a lumbar puncture to test for meningitis, but she has a rod in her back so they couldn't... They are treating her for meningitis because according to the doctor it won't hurt if she doesn't have it...... They had to put a tube in her nose to her stomach for her meds because she wouldn't take anything orally. (food or water either..)

The doctor pretty much said "I don't give up, but sometimes the patients do"
    Oh no. I'm so sorry. I wish I knew what to say. I do hope they find something or that some treatment just starts working. It's awful not knowing.

29. Default

I just heard more by eavesdropping on my moms phone call... I think she still thinks of me as her baby, and unable to handle some of this news.

Apparently, my aunt and her husband sat down years ago and discussed and wrote down their wishes should something like this ever happen. My uncle is dismissing her wishes right now (she did not want to be kept alive by machines) because the doctors say there is a chance that it is a nasty bacteria that could be treated. He said if that is the case, he just can't give up on her.

I also overheard that my mom thought at one point my aunt was trying to tell them to let her go. She pulled out her IV's, her oxygen, and her feeding tube, wouldn't take anything, and was outright fighting everything they tried to do. They ended up sedating and restraining her...

Ash - I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt again. I hope she's comfortable. It sounds like everyone is having a tough time dealing with her condition. It's never easy to know the "right" thing to do in that situation, and sometimes there isn't a "right" thing.

kate - have you tried coconut water for Josh's dehydration? The unsweetened kind from Whole Foods or other health food stores is really good for replacing fluids and lost salts/minerals. And it's yummy.
    Last edited by demigraf; 04-12-2011 at 11:46 AM.