Page 613 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1135135636036116126136146156236637131113 ... LastLast
Results 18,361 to 18,390 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Oh Chrissy big huge

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

for Mandy and her DH! I can't imagine how relieved you must feel knowing that he is back on US soil and hopefully it won't be too much longer before he's back with you.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    for Mandy and her DH! I can't imagine how relieved you must feel knowing that he is back on US soil and hopefully it won't be too much longer before he's back with you.
    Yes ... he emailed me this morning from Europe and I was so relieved just knowing he was out of the middle east, I don't care how long it takes before I see him!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I predicted who was going home on Idol, but I wish the person who was safe had gone home.

Oh, no ... that doesn't bode well. I know who is in the bottom 3 but don't know who's safe.

Double post - I have no idea what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    DH just called me! He's in the US!!! Of course, the stupid cell phone dropped his call, but I feel so much better knowing he's back here!
    So happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Jesi used again. If she does it one more time, she's going to rehab.
    I'm sorry Chrissy. I really hope (as trite as this sounds) that it's a phase and she'll get sick of rebelling at some point soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Thank you ladies. Today has been good. This morning we made a book of all her pretend creatures. She mentioned at one point that the movies we watch on friday are all she can think about and that they push the stories out of her head. I thought that was quite profound.
    All day we have been working on getting rid of the "junk thoughts" to make room in her head for her pretend stories. I also did a puppet show where all the puppets shared their thoughts and had the kids yell out if that thought went to the junk pile or the keep pile. Savana was very involved and laughing and giggling the whole time. One puppet said, "When my mommy puts me in a timeout I think that means she does not love me." Savana said that was a very junky thought but her little chin quivered like she wanted to cry.
    I'm going to come up with something different than timeouts when she needs a breather.

Interesting comment about the TV... I agree, it's extremely insightful. Does she seem to like movie night?

Hope things continue to get better, I pmed you again.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Oh yeah, I got a job!

I went ahead and told the lady who wanted me to watch her LO that I would do it. I swear I thought she might cry, and she kept saying that I was "such a blessing"... which I can say in this room safely, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I hope her little girl can get to know me and Abbey and have fun with us though!
    Last edited by AbbeysMom; 03-31-2011 at 09:15 PM.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Yay for the job! I hope it works out for you.

That's great news, Molly!

And great news for you, too, Mandy!

And I'm so happy Savana is doing better, Bridget. I think I need to take a page from your book and practice more patience with Travis. He is going through a trying stage lately. I hate how out of control I sometimes feel when he's going wild.

Chrissy, sorry to hear about Jesi; I hope she can get her act together; if not, rehab sounds like the best option for her.

Y'all, I just deleted my sister from my Facebook. I did it because I've been thinking about it for awhile. She's sooo negative about everything. I was so excited the other day about booking our trip to the USA and posted the dates I'd be there. She got all in a huff and said "well, I TOLD you I don't get much vacation time til September." Well, excuse me, but it's my vacation and I want to be there in the summer and besides, Travis starts school in September so there's no way I'd be there then. She's so selfish, so I told her I was done with her.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    Oh yeah, I got a job!

I went ahead and told the lady who wanted me to watch her LO that I would do it. I swear I thought she might cry, and she kept saying that I was "such a blessing"... which I can say in this room safely, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I hope her little girl can get to know me and Abbey and have fun with us though!
    Even if you are a blessing, that doesn't mean you won't have a great relationship with her and her daughter. I'm hoping for the best for you.

On a somewhat related note, I have to say I've felt 'blessed.' Not by God or whatever, but just lucky and fulfilled. Blessed is probably the best way I can think of to describe it, but I assure you if I ever articulated that, it wouldn't be because I was thanking God.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Y'all, I just deleted my sister from my Facebook. I did it because I've been thinking about it for awhile. She's sooo negative about everything. I was so excited the other day about booking our trip to the USA and posted the dates I'd be there. She got all in a huff and said "well, I TOLD you I don't get much vacation time til September." Well, excuse me, but it's my vacation and I want to be there in the summer and besides, Travis starts school in September so there's no way I'd be there then. She's so selfish, so I told her I was done with her.
    That's so rough. I don't blame you one bit. Your vacation time is supposed to be what's most convenient for you.

Quote Originally Posted by whetuata View Post
    Your site www.americanpregnancy.org not correctly work in my safari browser
    Use Firefox.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I have an interview. Well, not yet technically. I had a message on my machine last night when I got home. I just called back, and got his voicemail.

It's another Cornell job doing pretty much what I do now, but a little different. It's with the facilities dept. and they're much bigger so there's more than 1 (or even 2) technical support people. They don't support home machines at all (at least, not according to their web site) and seem more streamlined.

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet but I'm going to do the interview and see what's what. I think I finally got John in line and he's stopped with his 'stupid' statements. That was my first motivation to go. The other piece is that this job opportunity description could accurately describe what I currently do, only it's a full level above mine. Meaning more pay. I'm not sure how much more, maybe only 2-3 bucks an hour. But still, it sucks knowing there are people doing what I do making more than I do. Especially if they hire someone directly out of college for that position.

Chrissy, who's "whetuata?. am I missing something? definitely go for the interview. who knows where it might lead you. it's great that they even thought of you.

And about Jesi, she really sounds like she needs a positive outlet of some sort. Some sort of hobby that she can make her own, not feel like anyone else controls it, and yet one that isn't self-destructive. Does she paint or play any musical instruments or like to hike or anything like that? I suspect she's rebelling because she wants more autonomy. A hobby can really create that feeling of mental space for a person.

I have to say, with the exception of the news about Jesi, that this is a page full of positive news. Yay to that. Even Ash unfriending her sister, I was like "You go girl!"

Bridget, I agree, you are amazing with the kids.

And Mandy, I'm so flippin' excited for you!!!

Molly, that's exciting about the new job. Please let us know how it goes. When do you start being this woman's blessing?

I confess, I just seriously headbutted this guy in the arse coming up the stairs off the train. Like, I got way up in there because I was focusing on utilizing certain gluteal muscles, like an idiot. LOL. He was totally shocked from me goosing him, but we both laughed about it. It might have been one of those movie "meet-cute" moments if I'd been single and he were remotely attractive. Instead, I'm going to excuse myself now and wash my forehead in the bathroom.

Btw, my last long post wasn't typed on my phone, but this one was.
    Last edited by demigraf; 04-01-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    I'm going to excuse myself now and wash my forehead in the bathroom.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Oh man!

Chrissy, who's "whetuata?. am I missing something?
    I haven't a clue. I suspect a spammer.

katy, I just wanted to say how cute you are in the Kevin Nealon photo. Adorbs!
    And thanks! I look like I am showing my engagement ring, but I was just trying to tell the guy how to work my phone camera. My husband said it is okay if I bring a funny former SNL cast member into our marriage.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Jesi's school just called and even though she knew it was against the rules, she left to buy lunch on the commons. When she was caught and told that she'd be written up, she said, "Go ahead, write me up."

I'm sorry that she is feeling the need to be rebellious. I hope you all can get to the bottom of this.

19. Default

I confess I will never ever in my life play another april fools joke...

The last one I did was April 1, 2007. I posted a pic of me all dolled up with a HUGE engagement ring, saying that I was engaged...

B and I got married April 22, 2007

Oh wow. What an April Fool joke. How did it transition from joke to reality?

21. Default

B and I hadn't even started dating on the first....

There was the joke. Then we officially started dating on the 7th. we joked around about a contract marriage and decided to do it, married on the 22nd. The day exactly between our birthdays

Oh my! It makes a good story and you got 2 beautiful babes out of it, so it's not a total bust.

23. Default

I confess

What? who? lol

I stalk this thread all the time, but usually from my phone so I never post because it's just too hard to quote multiple people and write long replies. But I know a lot of you don't post in other areas so I want to let you know there is a rough draft version of Annica's birth in new moms.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

Congrats, Shanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, I thought you were joking because I saw in the April Fool's post that you posted it earlier yesterday as a joke! Congrats!
    And Ash, what I meant by my last post is that I don't know who that third name is.

Kate, I think that's Charlie's middle name if I remember correctly.

Congrats, Shanna!

Kate, I agree, I think that's Charlie's middle name.

So, the other day my MIL was telling me about one of her friends. My MIL is very in to fashion and takes hours getting dressed ever day (much to my FIL's dismay!) Any how. This friend of hers that she only sees twice a year in London is not in to fashion at all and MIL always observes how "frumpy" she looks. So, she was saying to me that she thinks this friend is the way she is because she has 2 sons and no daughters. She said something like "I've noticed people who have boys don't have someone telling them 'mother, you can't wear that.'" So.....I was thinking 'where does that leave me in 20 years?' LOL. She really does say some strange things sometimes (I do love her to pieces, though!)