Page 58 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960681081585581058 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Am I the only person who pictures people here as looking like their children, and has to do a double-take when I see the real adult in the siggy picture?

For example, Elmobo/Ashley, you finally have yourself in your signature line, but I always picture your retorts coming out of your older daughter's mouth because you had her picture in your signature for so long. I'm having a hard time picturing you saying these things now. Some of the things you said were almost funnier when she was saying them. Am I crazy, or is this making sense to anyone else?
    I have this reaction too, I see all your adorable children saying the things you type

I'm getting tweaked the wrong way, too, and it rarely happens to me. I'm not even posting in the one that's really offending me.
    I hope I didn't offend you with the recipe thread! It's so weird, it never occurred to me to post the recipe IN the thread until you mentioned it Blonde moment.

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    OH me too!! I know exactly what you're talking about!!
    Are we all tearing our hair over the same thread? Because that thread is making me cry, and making DH want to shoot people for making me cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    I confess some people are close minded a-holes and it makes me want to bash my head through a brick wall.
    Yup.

I confess that as much as I try, I just can't understand some people.

I confess I'm glad I finally joined this thread.

I confess that because of this room, saying "I'm an athiest" is now just as easy as saying "I have green eyes."

I confess that I really have a love/hate relationship with this smilie
    "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    I confess that because of this room, saying "I'm an athiest" is now just as easy as saying "I have green eyes."
    I confess that I saw you say that in the gay marriage thread and smiled

I confess that I am not an atheist, but sometimes I wish I was, because I will never be 100% atheist/agnostic, but I fit in even more poorly with 99.9% of Christians

I confess I smell a potential meet up between me, Janeen and Melanie.

I confess some people are close minded a-holes and it makes me want to bash my head through a brick wall.

I confess af isn't here and I took a test yesterday and it was a bfn. Tomorrow will mark the longest my cycle has ever been, so I guess if she doesn't show I'll test again Monday morning.
    I confess I haven't suggested a CO meetup because I really want to lose my baby weight before any "CO meetup" pics are taken.

I confess I've been stalking your weight loss thread for inspiration too

Speaking of that, whenever I lose weight AF gets all screwy. Could that be what's happening?

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I confess I haven't suggested a CO meetup because I really want to lose my baby weight before any "CO meetup" pics are taken.

Speaking of that, whenever I lose weight AF gets all screwy. Could that be what's happening?
    Well, considering I'm a fat a$$, you really have nothing to worry about as far as a meet up goes. Second, thank you for stalking my weight loss thread, but alas, my crazy life has made it next to impossible for me to focus. I'm hoping after this CUH-razy next week, I can get back on track.

I haven't been losing weight in the last few weeks, but I did start a new medication, I'm hoping that's what's causing it.
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess DH just texted me about a girl who was crowd surfing, and spraying milk from her boobies...

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    O

M

G

DITTO!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Ok now I'm curious. PM?
    Me too!!!!!!!!!!
    OH me too!! I know exactly what you're talking about!!
    yup!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post

I confess I wanna be a part of this meetup!
    Me too! I wish I lived closer to people!
    Well, considering I'm a fat a$$, you really have nothing to worry about as far as a meet up goes. Second, thank you for stalking my weight loss thread, but alas, my crazy life has made it next to impossible for me to focus. I'm hoping after this CUH-razy next week, I can get back on track.

I haven't been losing weight in the last few weeks, but I did start a new medication, I'm hoping that's what's causing it.
    I'd still hump your leg.
    Hump almost came out humop
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

shutterbird Guest

I confess I smell a potential meet up between me, Janeen and Melanie.

I confess af isn't here and I took a test yesterday and it was a bfn. Tomorrow will mark the longest my cycle has ever been, so I guess if she doesn't show I'll test again Monday morning.
    Which is weird. You know what else is weird? I've noticed we have our AF's at the same time.... so I know yours is late! Fingers crossed that you get an answer either way soon!

Af is trying to start now... just in time to be in my friend's wedding tomorrow.
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    I hope I didn't offend you with the recipe thread! It's so weird, it never occurred to me to post the recipe IN the thread until you mentioned it Blonde moment.
    No, no, no. Not at all, and that certainly wasn't the thread I was getting all offended about. I finally posted, once I got reasonably settled down.

That video was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post

I confess that I don't wanna hear sh!t thing about losing weight before the CO ladies meet up, unless ya'll are willing to wait like ten years for me to lose down to what you weigh right now!

I confess that I need to know how to multi-quote! I know what button you push to choose the messages you want to quote, but then what?
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I confess nevermind, I figured it out. Genius I tell ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I don't wanna hear sh!t thing about losing weight before the CO ladies meet up, unless ya'll are willing to wait like ten years for me to lose down to what you weigh right now!

I confess that I need to know how to multi-quote! I know what button you push to choose the messages you want to quote, but then what?
    you just click the buttons on the ones you want to quote, then when you get them all quoted, hit "post reply" and reply to each one under the "quote"

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

I confess nevermind, I figured it out. Genius I tell ya!
    DARN you!! I wanted to help someone with something!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

DARN you!! I wanted to help someone with something!
    ok ok fine I really didn't know... Feel better?

I confess that I'm thinking this is the pork roast recipe I'm gonna go with, if DH ever takes his arse to the store to get the rest of the stuff I need.

http://busycooks.about.com/od/porken...porkdinner.htm

I confess sorry so big but she likes her new "found" tongue

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I confess sorry so big but she likes her new "found" tongue
    too cute

Evie is adorable!

People piss me off today. People need to think before they post. Seriously. Its one thing to state your opinion, its another thing entirely to insult someone on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by amorton1437 View Post
    Evie is adorable!

People piss me off today. People need to think before they post. Seriously. Its one thing to state your opinion, its another thing entirely to insult someone on purpose.

I confess that I've been thinking about a confession but I don't wanna make anyone think less of me.

Evie is adorable!
    I read that too quick and thought it said "Evil is adorable!"

I confess that I've been thinking about a confession but I don't wanna make anyone think less of me.
    Oh come one! I came out of the closet dozens of pages ago!
    How could we think less of you? We less than 3 you!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Hmm, I confess I would look up your coming out of the closet if it weren't dozens of pages ago. I must have missed it!

I confess we bought a new convertible carseat yesterday and
    I HATE IT!!!!

Hmm, I confess I would look up your coming out of the closet if it weren't dozens of pages ago. I must have missed it!
    I confessed I play for both teams - and then a few other confessed the same.
    I have no idea what page that was on. . . .

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Evie is adorable!

I agree with both of these. I love that little tongue! Oh, and we had that exact same bib. I put it on them whenever dh needed to have a little extra bonding boost with the babies, like if any of us were extra tired or cranky or crying a lot. I'm not sure if it helped, but it might have. Claire had a onesie for a while that said "Hug me" and I think it made me hug her a little more often. Darn non-subliminal advertising!

Although I'm actually not feeling pissed off. I feel badly for the people that are hurt or insulted, but I think such comments reflect more on the poster and most people will see that.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 05-31-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Ohhhhhhhhhh got ya, ok well...

I confess that I don't think there's anything wrong with marijuana when used responsibly or for medical purposes. Other than the fact that it is very illegal in most places.

Here in the city and county of Denver, they decriminalized possession of up to an ounce of pot (which I thought was quite a bit, actually...I didn't think they would do it for that amount) and it is pretty much all but "legal" now. I mean, this one radio station here even does a "crop report" on the radio and talks about the legalization of pot all of the time. I thought it was kind of crazy when I moved here,

By responsibly I mean in the privacy of your own home and for adults. I don't think it would be very responsible to even drive while high or get high around children.

I could go on for a while on this subject but there ya go, there's my confession.
    Last edited by Janeen; 05-31-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess we bought a new convertible carseat yesterday and
    I HATE IT!!!!

What kind did you get? And why do you hate it? I think I delayed installing our convertibles until the twins were 13 months old, just because I couldn't see any easy way to get them in and out of the house at the same time if they weren't both in their infant seats. Then I realized Claire had way outgrown the length limit on her infant seat, even though the weight was fine. Oops!

Ohhhhhhhhhh got ya, ok well...

I confess that I don't think there's anything wrong with marijuana when used responsibly or for medical purposes. Other than the fact that it is very illegal in most places.

Here in the city and county of Denver, they decriminalized possession of up to an ounce of pot (which I thought was quite a bit, actually...I didn't think they would do it for that amount) and it is pretty much all but "legal" now. I mean, this one radio station here even does a "crop report" on the radio and talks about the legalization of pot all of the time. I thought it was kind of crazy when I moved here,

By responsibly I mean in the privacy of your own home and for adults. I don't think it would be very responsible to even drive while high or get high around children.

I could go on for a while on this subject but there ya go, there's my confession.
    I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU!!!!

It has definite medical applications. I had an aunt going through chemo - her dr actually wrote her a scrip for it, but of course told her she was on her own in acquiring it.

I think what Denver has done is awesome. What an awesome Country! Will have to visit some time.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU!!!!

It has definite medical applications. I had an aunt going through chemo - her dr actually wrote her a scrip for it, but of course told her she was on her own in acquiring it.

I think what Denver has done is awesome. What an awesome Country! Will have to visit some time.
    I do me some Denver.

When we went to Venice Beach last year during my birthday trip to California, there was a guy out on the street yelling "The doctor is here, get your marijuana! Go see the doctor and get your prescription." I didn't go upstairs to check it out more but TONS of people were going up there. It was kind of crazy.

My moms fiance has medicinal marijuana. He lives in Cali too, go figure

His doctor writes him a prescription and he goes and "picks his flavor".

What kind did you get? And why do you hate it? I think I delayed installing our convertibles until the twins were 13 months old, just because I couldn't see any easy way to get them in and out of the house at the same time if they weren't both in their infant seats. Then I realized Claire had way outgrown the length limit on her infant seat, even though the weight was fine. Oops!
    We couldn't wait much longer. The infant seat limit is 22 pounds and our BIG little man is about 21 lbs and a few ounces.

I have 2 IRL friends (ones we've lost from APA, unfortunately) that both raved about the Evenflo Triumph. I even tried Liam out in Flutterbudget's and it was great. Tons more padding and Liam settled right in. But Evenflo has redesigned since they bouth theirs. Instead of the harness tightening strap between the legs, it's now a rotary dial - and it SUCKS!

It's been installed since yesterday about noon and Tredhed and I have been cursing it every time we go somewhere. Tred has to get off the seat and get OUT of the car to tighten the straps once he's in it.

I guess we'll swap it out this week for the Graco My Ride that was the other one we tested in our car yesterday. At least you can do that at BRU during the first 90 days.