Page 552 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 524525025425505515525535545626026521052 ... LastLast
Results 16,531 to 16,560 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I don't think so. If someone asks me for something I already sent out, I usually just resend it. It's easier than doing it all over again. She might have just missed it. I've done that, if I got a bunch of spam in a row I sometimes delete something important by mistake.

I don't think so. I've had to ask for things to be re-sent and the person will note that they're re-sending it...and I've done as much myself. She should pay more attention, keep those pertinent emails, or get better about saving and finding them if she gets offended by your 'resending' comment.

Speaking of irritations at work, I have been hounded for 2 days about plugging in a computer that is across the street (and up a steep hill). My boss was out yesterday and I was swamped so I didn't get over there. I thought I'd find the computer in a pile or something, but it was literally all set up and only needed the surge protector plugged into the wall and the ethernet cord plugged in. I couldn't help but feel a little peeved about it because that was the only thing that needed to be done there, and I have a ton of calls coming in in my own building from people that need help right now.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I don't think so. I've had to ask for things to be re-sent and the person will note that they're re-sending it...and I've done as much myself. She should pay more attention, keep those pertinent emails, or get better about saving and finding them if she gets offended by your 'resending' comment.

Speaking of irritations at work, I have been hounded for 2 days about plugging in a computer that is across the street (and up a steep hill). My boss was out yesterday and I was swamped so I didn't get over there. I thought I'd find the computer in a pile or something, but it was literally all set up and only needed the surge protector plugged into the wall and the ethernet cord plugged in. I couldn't help but feel a little peeved about it because that was the only thing that needed to be done there, and I have a ton of calls coming in in my own building from people that need help right now.
    That's irritating. Why couldn't they just plug it in? I have done that myself at work all the time rather than having to go find a tech.

I confess I called in sick this morning. I've been coughing for 2 weeks now, and because my replacement at work has been coming in on her own time to shadow me for the last several days I didn't want to call in sick when I was at my sickest. Today she's not coming in so I stayed home this morning but I'm going in later - because the two teachers I share an office with are having a special lunch for me and I don't want to miss it! Then I'm going to a professional development later about autism evaluations that I really want to hear. I feel like such a slacker.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Aw, I hope you feel better! It sounds like a nice day, anyway.

I hope you're better soon, Gwenn!

Do we pm any mod to request a username change? I'd like to change mine to something more fitting!

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I hope you're better soon, Gwenn!

Do we pm any mod to request a username change? I'd like to change mine to something more fitting!
    PM Admin, and it usually takes at least a few days, maybe a little longer. Mods don't have that kind of power.

Thanks, Lydia.

I had to have a tech come up to me because my keyboard wasn't working. I checked and thought it was plugged in the right spot but I don't think that it was. They had been up the night before getting everything set up so I wasn't sure if there was something else that needed to be done or not. But at least you can get everywhere on this site indoors.....we are up to 7 or 8 buildings maybe.

I'm back at work today but could really use a nap. At least I don't feel as bad as I did Monday and yesterday but still have the stuffed up nose and am coughing some.

We had to yell at Cosmo yesterday. I'm on a dead end street and I'm the last house. So we have been opening the front door and letting her go potty outside where i shoveled some snow away. Our yard is not fenced and I didn't want to put an electic fence in for her since she is 7 yrs old and has a history of seizures and well usually she is very attached to me and listens. Normally she is great about going and coming back in and I either stand in the doorway or on the poorch. Yesterday she went out with DH to get the mail and not only did she go in the street which she knows not to do but she ran up to a dog that was being walked in the street. Not just any dog but a freaking huge rottie. She is not a big dog, she is about 25 lbs and normally she doesn't like bigger dogs and is a bit of a wuss. She usually listens best to DH and even still did not come when called and so he had to go to scoop her up and send her back to the house. I don't know where that dog lives, I haven't seen that one before but we have a number of dogs on the street and she has stayed in her driveway or on the sidewalk when I said to stay. I'm just glad that the rottie seemed nice enough! Even an older dog that is normally very well-trained is going to forget or test things once in a while I guess.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Feel better Gwenn!

Naughty Cosmo!! Must be she just wanted to make friends. Dogs are social animals, and if she got the sense that the Rotti was nice, it doesn't surprise me that she went right up to it and introduced herself.

I just looked (as I do every day) at our first-choice house and saw they've dropped the asking price by another 10,000!!!

Eek-I'm so excited. Now we have 2 hurdles, 1 is getting Rich scored as he had no credit at all (I added him to my credit card 2 weeks ago so that should show soon) and the fact that it has an existing gas lease and our lenders are reviewing that lease to see if they will write a mortgage for that property. If they don't, I'm not sure what we'll do.

Wish us luck-I really want this house!

Good luck! I hope you get it!

Good luck!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Good luck Chrissy!

My Realtor called to let me know they still haven't heard from the lender about the gas lease thing. She said the seller's Realtor contacted her and asked if they'd heard anything yet. The sellers are really motivated to sell, and it appears we're the only ones interested so far. It boggles my mind, but I'm hoping no one else gets interested.

What is the gas lease thing again? I don't think that we have anything like that around here.

That is GREAT that nobody else is interested and they are motivated...good combination!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    What is the gas lease thing again? I don't think that we have anything like that around here.
    Right now NY has put a hold on fracking (a way of drilling for natural gas). We're over the Marcellus Shale which has a lot of gas, apparently. PA has allowed fracking for years and various communities have experienced bad contamination in their water supplies as well as other environmental issues. However, the major gas companies have gone ahead and laid the ground work for future fracking in NY, and part of that was getting signed leases from property owners that will allow them access to the gas under their property.

While I'm team-No Frack, I realize that if/when they ever start it that all properties in the area are at risk regardless of whether there's a gas lease on them or not. I'm not sure why the lenders are refused to write mortgages for those properties, because if a neighbor allows fracking even a house without the lease could be contaminated.

When I first saw the term frack in your post, I thought it was a battlestar gallactica reference. LOL

Yeah that doesn't sound great. Hopefully the lender will write for it!

I don't think that we have gas in my area...but they do mine sand. Seems weird to be in WI and near one of the great lakes and digging for sand but they do. We have very sandy soil locally....so much that when I plant my garden I'm going to do raised beds and haul in some bags of black dirt.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Good luck with the house, Chrissy!

When I first saw the term frack in your post, I thought it was a battlestar gallactica reference. LOL
    Me too

I don't know what battlestar gallactica is. I guess I better be more mindful when I chant "Frack No!" It's a slang term used for hydro-fracking.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 01-26-2011 at 02:43 PM.

It's a sci-fi series that was on a few years ago. Frack is the word they use instead of, well, the other F word. LOL

Well that explains why "Frack No!" was somewhat familiar to me when I heard it in terms of hydro-fracking. I must have heard that phrase before.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I don't know what battlestar gallactica is. I guess I better be more mindful when I chant "Frack No!" It's a slang term used for hydro-fracking.
    BSG is probably one of the best TV series ever. They use the term Frack as a way of saying something else. LOL Like No Fracking Way, What the Frack.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I liked it, but we were both kinda like "huh?" at the end.
    We started watching it on Netflix when I was pregnant, and I used to fall asleep during it a lot LOL

My sister went to Com Con in Chicago last year and got the actor that plays Saul Tigh saying Frack on her cell phone. She also got some autographs. I was pretty jealous but couldn't get down that weekend to go with her. She said the BSG actors were some of the nicest ones there! And Sam Anders was just in cute in person.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I might be in the minority but I liked the ending. How could you fall asleep though? I think that was a show that you needed to see every episode and in order. My favorite was Gaius Baltar.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

It just got way too confusing and contrived. I don't care for shows about a lot of politics but my husband really liked it.
    Baltar, ugh, I couldn't stand him, he was so pathetic. I was more in it for Apollo and Helo ;) Tigh was a great character too, and the Chief.

BSG is probably one of the best TV series ever. They use the term Frack as a way of saying something else. LOL Like No Fracking Way, What the Frack.
    Some of the anti-hydro-frackers have used those terms in their speeches and chants. Now I know where it's come from!!

I think I mentioned earlier today that I was going to a professional development this afternoon about autism evaluations (well, assessing communication in children with autism). The woman who presented is retired and has been working in my field for over 40 years now and has had the opportunity to work directly with people who are really legends in our field. She is also one of the most eccentric people I've ever met - like a character from a story.

Anyway, I went to listen to her and just tried to let my brain absorb everything she had to say. I felt so inadequate - I really was congratulating myself on all I've learned so far but I just felt like I knew nothing next to her. When she finished, someone asked her a question and I stood up, and she reached forward and grabbed my hand so I wouldn't get away without talking to her (we've met 2 or 3 times before over several years). She had mentioned throughout the presentation that she was in chronic pain and had good days and bad days. Anyway, she grabbed me and said "I can't keep doing this. I need you to learn so you can take over for me."

All I can say is, Wow. And it makes me wonder if it's a good idea for me to move to Georgia - because of the University here there is a big community of really fabulous therapists and I happen to know many of the right people. If I move, I don't know that will be available to me.

I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging - I'm just kind of awed and excited and I want to share some good news for a change instead of just complaining all the time!