Page 546 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 464464965365445455465475485565966461046 ... LastLast
Results 16,351 to 16,380 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Ooo Bridget I am so excited for you.

p.s. nest. nest. nest. Convince yourself through and through that this baby will come this weekend!

Can I just say that I think we set a record this week...FOUR times in 7 days!

Don't think it's been that much in one week since college when we had a lot of time on our hands, were like 12 years younger and well the relationship was still in the new phase.

God that is a lot of work to try to find enough time, get in the mood, and still have time for dinner! Weekends are usually fine but during the week we usually only have like two hours together.

At one point during the past year or two we were talking with his mom and Dh said well I've been writing that stork and so far nothing. His mom was like, um son think maybe we need to have a talk because the stork isn't going to work....
    We know so much more than we care to about MIL's sex life or lately lack thereof. Well we got her back because she called a few days ago and we didn't answer so when he called her back, he told her that we didn't answer (she knew we were likely home)...because we were "busy".

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

LOL...way to go!

I do hope that mine are getting their kinks out during their teen years.

Labor vibes Bridget!

Lol Jennifer!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I feel fine dammit!
    I've been squatting, been nipple stimulating..I have to anyway to try and get these girls ready to nurse the right way this time around. NOTHING.
    Thinking about going to wake up dbf to have sex with me.
    I thought I was feeling something start last night but it turns out I just ate too much spinach and tomato pasta.
    I'm aiming to have the baby this weekend. I'm going to will it out.
    If you have him/her saturday your new LO will share a birthday with Abbey. Capricorn/Aquarius cusp babies are the best, IMHO

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I'm really getting excited for you Bridget. You're so close!!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for being here for me, especially when Jesi was missing. I'm really a private person and don't usually share my worries. I didn't call anyone irl about Jess until after 10:00 am the next day and that was because I feared my father hearing about it on the news or something. I'm not sure why that is...but that's how I am. I suffer in silence usually and it was such a relief to me to have you all to run to.

im so stressed at home ladies, im fine all day and i go home and instantly im stressed..i get chest pains, have a hard time breathing, anxiety...i know its all escalated due to pregnancy because im normally not like this and other factors that are getting to me..its like one things goes on and i get a little bothered, than another thing and im even more irritated..and than by 8:00pm im so stressed and feel awful and short withthe kids and ugh..im seriously considering trying staying at my parents for a few weeks see if its actually HOME thats causeing it..or possible getting a hotel that i can retn by the week/month to see if HOME is the cause makes me sad to think that home is the cause of stress for me..i usualy love going home..but right nwo its just not my happy place..

i dont knwo what to do..matt keeps asking is it him, the dogs, what is it and honestly YES its all of those things and more.. i dont look forward to being home and being a ****ty mom because of the anxiety and sress thats coming along with going home...

wtf

Oh Sarah I'm so sorry, that sounds awful. Have you talked to your dr? I'm not sure what they can give you for anxiety/stress when you're pregnant, but there may be something.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    If you have him/her saturday your new LO will share a birthday with Abbey. Capricorn/Aquarius cusp babies are the best, IMHO
    I agree. Dh's birthday is tomorrow and for the most part he is pretty awesome.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I'm so sorry that you're so stressed, Sarah...is it just the hussle and bussle of home life that is stressing you out? Could you go on a little break like a spa weekend or just you and your husband could go somewhere while your parents or someone watches the kids? I think Chrissy is right, though, you should talk to the doctor about it.

I'm so sorry Sarah. I think if you took off for even a couple days, you'd know pretty quick if it was home stressing you out or something else.
    Chrissy, you shouldn't have to suffer in silence. Even if you don't feel like telling the whole room what's going on, you're always welcome to PM me.

I'm so sorry to hear that, sarah. You're a good person to be concerned for your family even with all this stuff going on. You'll get to the bottom of it, I know you will.

Sarah! I didn't know you were pregnant! Yay!

Mama, could it also be winter that's doing.it?

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I'm so sorry Sarah. I think if you took off for even a couple days, you'd know pretty quick if it was home stressing you out or something else.
    Chrissy, you shouldn't have to suffer in silence. Even if you don't feel like telling the whole room what's going on, you're always welcome to PM me.
    Thank you so much!

Work has been busy today and it's about to get busier. By law, we have to do identification scans on all the computers. It's a pita getting the faculty to comply, and this year we're asking them to also bring their home (Cornell owned) machines in. They're going to kick and scream!

As if that isn't bad enough, but once it's scanned and if we find data, they have to report to us that it's been cleaned up and we're expected to do a 2nd scan to verify. All by May 1st. As well as doing our normal duties.

I got a headache just reading that!

Sarah, I'm so sorry you are feeling that way. I hope you find an answer.

I confess my replacement came in today and spent the day shadowing me. I really, really like her - and what's more, she has already worked with four of my most challenging clients already in a private clinic here in town. Including the one that I was afraid might send her running screaming away from us. And when she saw him collapse in tears in the teacher's arms, she made a point of telling the teacher she had had that experience with him also.

I swear - with everything that fell into place for me to take this new job and now my replacement knows my kids already and we have the EXACT same philosophy. I couldn't have picked a better replacement if I had actually picked her out.

I joked with the teachers who share my office that I was afraid they would like her better than me! The promised they would still miss me.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

18. Default

just checking in to see if Bridget had her baby! Thinking of you this weekend!!

I started school, and am feeling a little crazy. For as easy as I thought this semester was going to be I am worried I underestimated it...

and I think I screwed up my taxes the other day because I didn't know I would be getting a 1099 from the college.........

Gwenn, I just love when things fall into place like that. It sounds like it was a good move all around!

Oh no Ashley, can you file an amended return?

Chrissy, I'm glad you feel safe coming here with your worries. I have felt the same often in my struggles with my mom dying and with my relationship with dbf.
    Gwenn, Yay! I'm so glad your replacement is so perfect. Now you won't have to worry about your students. It's obvious you care about them immensely.
    Sarah, I'm really sorry you're having a hard time. I hope you can find what you need to be content.
    Ash! Thanks for thinking of me. I am NOT in labor. But I'm feeling good so thankful for that.

Tonight I went to this Laotian restaurant with my dad and brother. The waitress was an older woman who didn't speak english very clearly and she was so sweet, making a big deal about my big belly, asking a lot of questions and making really cute exclamations. Then she started calling me brother "daddy" assuming he was my husband and it was really cracking us up. Finally I just let her know he was my brother and she was all surprised and apologetic and then looked at my dad like . OMG we were dying at the hilarious awkwardness of the whole situation and she was really embarrassed. The place was really small so you could see the kitchen from your table and the cooks sent out a delicious mango/sweet rice dessert "for the baby"!
    How sweet is that?
    We had a fun night. I'm sad I'm likely going to have to take a little hiatus from my thursday night dinners until the baby is old enough to travel with me. I love my nights with those two guys. They are so refreshing to me. No one loves me quite like my dad and brother love me.
    Last edited by Bridget; 01-20-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Bridget, that is so sweet. I always get a warm fuzzy feeling when you talk about your nights with your dad and brother.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Bridget, that is so sweet. I always get a warm fuzzy feeling when you talk about your nights with your dad and brother.
    So do I!
    Gwenn, I'm glad your replacement worked out!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Agreed.

I just did my taxes...and it blows. I mean, I'm happy that we make too much to be eligible for the EIC, but on the other hand it would be nice.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, your story about the restaurant made me laugh. You have a great way of telling stories, and I'm sure the adults in your life appreciate it and the children in your daycare get a great deal from it as well.

25. Default

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post

Oh no Ashley, can you file an amended return?
    I could... but I didn't screw them up! WHEW!

It was a 1098.. not a 1099.. and it was for my Pell Grant which I don't have to claim as income.

Just back from play school with the kids. There was a woman there this time that recognised me from a baby massage class over 2 years ago but I didn't recognise her! The only thing I remembered about the class was that it was nearly all boys so I asked how her son was. Turns out she had the only girl in the class! So, I felt like a right jerk! I got broken off from our conversation so didn't get to apologise. I hope she's there next week so I can talk to her so she doesn't think poorly of me.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I could... but I didn't screw them up! WHEW!

It was a 1098.. not a 1099.. and it was for my Pell Grant which I don't have to claim as income.
    Whew!!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Just back from play school with the kids. There was a woman there this time that recognised me from a baby massage class over 2 years ago but I didn't recognise her! The only thing I remembered about the class was that it was nearly all boys so I asked how her son was. Turns out she had the only girl in the class! So, I felt like a right jerk! I got broken off from our conversation so didn't get to apologise. I hope she's there next week so I can talk to her so she doesn't think poorly of me.
    Eek, I hate when that happens. I'm sure she doesn't think poorly of you. At least she shouldn't.

Why do I try to debate with conservatives? One just accused me of getting all my information from MoveOn.org and said I should actually do research before forming an opinion. I had to leave that discussion...what an insulting thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Over two years ago! I can't remember people I met last week. I hope she's not offended over that.

The hose I need to fill my birthing tub is only sold at this one store in the town my dad works and he picked it up for me. I FORGOT to get it from him last night!!!!
    ARGHHH!
    He says he'll drive it to me on monday so if I have the baby this weekend, I guess we skip the birthing tub. Ah, well.

I have the day off today! The one family that was supposed to come just texted me and said they're going to grandmas today. I love an unexpected free day.

Enjoy!!