Page 534 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 34 434 484 524532533534535536 544 584 634 1034 ... LastLast
Results 15,991 to 16,020 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

1. Default

I keep checking in hoping to see that Jess is safe and sound at home...

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I keep checking in hoping to see that Jess is safe and sound at home...
    Me too.

Nothing yet. One bus went through, but we've had 2 short buses on occasion because our big bus has been broken down. Rich is waiting to see if there's a 2nd short bus or not. Another bus will come about an hour later. I don't know how much more I can stand.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

worried for you

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Hoping she turns up soon!

Hang in there, Chrissy!

Waiting for an update also!

She wasn't on the 5:15 bus. Maybe she'll be on the 6:15 one. If not, I'm going to the police station.

Oh man! I hate that you have to do this. I'm sure she's fine but I think she'd be grounded until she was 25 if she were mine.

Dammit! I am so angry and worried for you Chrissy.

12. Default

Checking in again... Worried for you too Chrissy.

Gosh, I hope it's ok to post something light in here while we wait, guys. I just wanted share about this charming shop I found down the street from my office this afternoon. The shop - called Daiso -could be my financial ruin if I let it. It's an "everything $1.50" store full of stuff only from Japan. Oh boy! Now, I've been known to be a sucker for a good 99 cent store, but have been trying to be way more mindful these past few years of the fact that cheapo stuff is cheapo stuff no matter how you cut it and it's often really wasteful, toxic and/or was made by an abused worker.

And yet ... somehow it's so much more forgivable when it's it's in the shape of a cat blowing bubbles, or has some adorably senseless English slogan on it coming out of the mouth of a small cartoon animal in pigtails. I started taking pictures of stuff I thought was funny, until I realized I would be there all day. Not only were there cute little ceramic soup bowls in all sorts of colors, but chopsticks, orange polka-dotted memory foam slippers, koala key cozies, dish sponges shaped like pies with a strawberry on top, plant waterers in the shape of the 7 dwarves. Leg warmers and socks for people. Leg warmers and socks for chairs! Tutus for dogs. A bathing suit for a cat. A preponderance of things with the word "happy" on it. In the end, I ended up buying a cutting board and a very sharp knife, because I need those things at my desk to prepare my lunch. And I bought a pack of wooden paint brushes for Bodhi because I had him painting with a cotton swab yesterday. And finally I couldn't resist buying these little random paper cups that sort of looked like cupcake cups, except smaller or irregularly shaped that had pictures of vehicles or animals on them (I don't even know what a manbo is or what the picture was supposed to be).

Here are a few of the things I did and didn't buy:

Bought for Bodhi - the paper cups with pictures on them. I don't know what I'll use them for. What do you think a "manbo" is anyway (the cup on the lower right)?

Gee, I always wanted a canvas bag printed with the silhouettes of dogs and the words, "PARTNER - It is a family of me who is always nearby"...

... until I saw this illuminated ear pick and promptly forgot about it.

And right now, I'm regretting the whole paperless office movement, otherwise I could have gotten a sweet pad of paper that says:

"Stroll of turtle"
    "Happy Elephant : soursour :"

and my personal favorite "Happy skull !! Kiss her"

It would have been a tough choice (but eventually, I'm pretty sure I'd have gone with Happy Skull.

But this is all goofy stuff. Chrissy, I hope you're getting some comfort and support from the people who are nearby too.

Last edited by demigraf; 01-11-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Most of the time I just stalk in here but I've been checking on an update on Jess. I hope everything is okay.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

I really like your avatar, beanpop. I'm constantly checking in too.

Japan is so wacky...
    Chrissy...worried about you...

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    I really like your avatar, beanpop. I'm constantly checking in too.
    Thanks I didn't make it but I thought it was pretty awesome.

Ugh, really worried over here

18. Default

Im hoping there is no word cause she is home and getting a good talkin' to.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    Im hoping there is no word cause she is home and getting a good talkin' to.
    That is what I'm hoping too.

Thanks for the support ladies. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from her and I've been mia because we had to file a report with the police. I don't know if it's a good thing or not that the officer instantly recognized the kid that I thought she might be with when he looked him up on Facebook or not. The 19-year-old boy is knows to the police as a "Commons Dweller" and he pretty much hangs out in center Ithaca all day. He had at least 3 'things' on the police computer record that I could see (although I couldn't read what they were from where I was) and he was picked up on a warrant in November or December.

When we left the station the Officer was going to put out a "be on the lookout for" for the kid and Jessica and then he was going to the last known address of him.

Jesi has had a bf that we thought was another student. He's picked her up and taken her to the movies a couple Saturdays in a row. Just tonight I found out Sydney was aware Jessica had skipped school Friday to be with him. When I checked him out from Jesi's facebook I learned he's really 19 and out of school. So she's been lying to me all along about him.

Further, the school pretty much stopped corresponding with me at 5:00. Peter never called the police or returned my email or phone call even though it was his idea for him to call the police if she didn't get off the bus this afternoon. Becca, her homeroom teacher, wasn't aware of anything as she left school early today, but she did say that Jesi had missed numerous days last week. I was only aware of 1. Why didn't they call me?

Anyway, that's where we are now. If she shows up, I'll definitely post here. Thanks again for being here. You can't imagine how upset, scared, frustrated, helpless and sick I feel.

Ugh. I'm upset and frustrated for you.

I don't even know what to say. Nothing will comfort you right now but to have her home. I'm so sorry that you have so much to contend with right now. The worry, the distrust, the anger....

Oh no. This is definitely not the news I was hoping for. I can't imagine how angry and upset you must be right now. I can't believe that she won't even let you know she's okay. This really breaks my heart. I'm so sorry.

24. Default

Oh man, Chrissy. I can't even imagine how you are feeling. mama

I am sorry to hear this. I will be thinking of you

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I never thought I'd say this, but I hope my daughter is lying to me. Just out with her bf and feeling belligerent or whatever...and that the officer will find her. I cannot even think about any other possibilities.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Chrissy,

I keep hoping for the best here, Chrissy. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

to you Chrissy.

I can't imagine how worried you are. I was also checking in hoping to see she made it home safely. I hope you get some word from her soon.

Erin

Oh, Chrissy, I'm just seeing this now and I'm just sick.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12