Page 510 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 10 410 460 500508509510511512 520 560 610 1010 ... LastLast
Results 15,271 to 15,300 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #15271

    Default

    Maybe! The long drive might have done it. It is sad...we were hoping he had a great time. It was much better bringing him to NYC over the summer. I feel bad.
    He keeps asking to go home and go see DH's mom, and play on the computer...lol. He doesn't understand that we're really far from home I think.

  2. #15272

    Default

    LOL! that's what DH feels like sometimes. He fixes cable all day and then deals with technical issues at home.

  3. #15273

    Default

    And because I haven't posted any pics of Josh in I don't know how long, here's one I particularly like from today.


  4. #15274
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,961

    Default

    Aww ... you never share pictures of Josh! I love it!

    Ashley, I really hope you can get that apartment (or another one). You are the parent and if your parents can't respect that, you both need space.

    Bridget, I love the name Coral! For some strange reason I thought of that name recently and was thinking it would be pretty if I ever had a little girl, but my sister is named Carol and it's just too close. Coral is beautiful. I like Bella too (though I've never read/seen Twilight).
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  5. #15275
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Awww...Josh is absolutely adorable!! You really should share more pics of him with us!!

    The stupid issue tonight was what appeared to be a stuck key, but pulling the batteries out of the wireless keyboard didn't resolve the issue. It kept showing [[[[[[[ or '''''''' over and over again. I couldn't log in as admin because it was putting that in the password. It's a touch screen pc, so I thought perhaps the screen had some dirt on it that the computer was confusing with a finger touch. I also thought the kid's remote controls might have been affecting it (as that pc also has a remote control for the tv feature) and pulled the batteries from their controllers as they had just started using them yesterday. It was still happening after pulling their batteries. So I got old usb keyboard and mouse and it stopped.

    The issue was the infrared 'wireless' mouse. The keyboard uses bluetooth, but Tim liked the bluetooth mouse so much he had kept it when he gave me this pc. I used the infrared one for months & that's why I didn't think of it first. But after the issue went away with the usb devices, I replaced first the keyboard and then the mouse and as soon as the infrared mouse was plugged in it [[[[[[[[[[ again.

    What a pita!
    Last edited by missychrissy; 12-06-2010 at 06:26 PM.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  6. #15276

    Default

    Thanks guys He's adorable when he wants to be
    Poor kid was bouncing around the hotel room and we told him many times to settle down a little and he didn't, and he fell on his face and got a pretty good cut in his lip.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Have you heard anything Ashley?
    I called at 9 am.

    3pm, a woman called me. She said they own the apartment here in RS, but they live 15 miles away in GR. But they have a man here in RS that is setting up appointments to see the apartment, and gave me his number.

    3:15 I called this man, and no answer with him either. Left a voice mail, and now I wait.


    again.

  8. #15278

    Default

    It sucks waiting, but I hope something comes out of it, Ash. Every time we had to call someone when we were looking to rent, we had to wait on them. I hate waiting on other people but sometimes it turns out good!

  9. #15279

    Default

    Saw my midwife last night and she's "85% sure" that the baby is head down.
    We'll do an ultrasound in a couple of weeks if they can't be totally sure. What a relief.

    She had her 3 month baby girl there laying on a blanket on the floor and I had Savana and Kai with me. It was so cute to see them interact with her. Gave me (hopefully) a nice glimpse of how they will be with ours. They took every toy in the room and put it on her blanket. Then when I was saying goodnight to Kai last night he said, "I'm going to teach our baby so many stuff, like how to do mazes and everything."

    Kate! Josh is so handsome!
    Last edited by Bridget; 12-07-2010 at 06:09 AM.

  10. #15280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Saw my midwife last night and she's "85% sure" that the baby is head down.
    We'll do an ultrasound in a couple of weeks if they can't be totally sure. What a relief.

    She had her 3 month baby girl there laying on a blanket on the floor and I had Savana and Kai with me. It was so cute to see them interact with her. Gave me (hopefully) a nice glimpse of how they will be with ours. They took every toy in the room and put it on her blanket. Then when I was saying goodnight to Kai last night he said, "I'm going to teach or maybe so many stuff, like how to do mazes and everything."

    Kate! Josh is so handsome!
    Thanks, he looks like me Actually I see both of us in him, depending on what he's doing. One time he was sitting on the floor exactly how DH does it, with one leg bent up and his chin on his knee. It was uncanny. But he looked exactly like me when he was a baby
    I think your kids will be great with the new baby! And I'm glad the baby has flipped!

  11. #15281

    Default

    I think dbf and are officially getting old. Last night I had my midwife appt 40 miles away and we all went. So we went to dinner after and then did a little window shopping and were basically just trying to wear the kids out so they'd fall asleep on the way home.
    Well, the were both wide awake when we pulled in the driveway. I lay down in bed with Savana and he lays down in the other room with Kai. This morning I asked him how Kai went to sleep and he said, "Uh..not sure. Pretty sure I fell asleep before he did. Did Savana stay up long?"
    I had no idea. I was asleep about 15 seconds after we finished reading!

  12. #15282
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Ashley, have you heard anything about that apartment yet?

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Ashley, have you heard anything about that apartment yet?
    not yet. I called back, and left another voice mail.

  14. #15284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I think dbf and are officially getting old. Last night I had my midwife appt 40 miles away and we all went. So we went to dinner after and then did a little window shopping and were basically just trying to wear the kids out so they'd fall asleep on the way home.
    Well, the were both wide awake when we pulled in the driveway. I lay down in bed with Savana and he lays down in the other room with Kai. This morning I asked him how Kai went to sleep and he said, "Uh..not sure. Pretty sure I fell asleep before he did. Did Savana stay up long?"
    I had no idea. I was asleep about 15 seconds after we finished reading!
    Aw yeah, I remember when I used to lie down with Josh to help him fall asleep, I'd fall asleep too. DH would have to come in and wake me up when Josh fell asleep.
    We're back from vacation. The drive home went pretty well. He got restless and upset near the end but he fell asleep and we got him home and in bed without waking him up. I hope he sleeps until a semi-normal time, LOL

  15. #15285

    Default

    Well it's good to know nothing's changed, he was up at 5:30 like usual today

  16. #15286

    Default

    I confess that I am frustrated with dbf's spurts of being productive sprinkled with his laziness. He is sort of a "jack of all trades" so he has several different little ventures that he makes money off of but they come in waves and then things slow down for awhile.
    Right now he's in down mode and it's pissing me off. He's waiting on the school he was remodeling to get back to him about a bathroom remodel but he won't call or go there because he "doesn't want to bug them". Thing is, I'm about to have a baby and won't be making really any money during my maternity since I have to pay someone to do my job. And he needs to be doing something NOW as opposed to getting some work right around my delivery and the weeks following because I'm going to need him here helping out.

    Not to mention that during this down time, when I am starting to wear out easily and just feel uncomfortable in general (nothing debilitating by any means, but still) he doesn't step it up at home. I've been telling him for a year now that I'd love it if he's split dinner duty with me and then last night when I bring it up again and say it's crazy that he's got nothing going on all day and he can't prepare dinner for us, he acts like I'm springing this on him and he had no idea i felt this way.

    Argh. Just annoyed and needed to vent.

  17. #15287

    Default

    That happens here too. A while back DH offered to cook dinner on his days off, since I do it all the time when he's working, and he doesn't get home until 7-8 or so. He did it for a few days, but doesn't anymore. I don't mind cooking, but I understand where you're coming from, telling him one thing and him acting like it's a big surprise when you have to tell him again.

  18. #15288

    Default

    The other thing about it is that last weekend I made and froze about 14 meals so he could so easily just pull something out for us to eat. Hardly any effort at all. Last night, a few hours after the discussion, he says to me, "I'll try to start helping more. If you tell me what to make and how to make it and where everything is, I'll start doing more dinners."
    Might as flippin well do it myself.

  19. #15289

    Default

    He sounds like my DH. He can't do anything without me telling him to do it. I asked him to wash the dishes once (our dishwasher is broken right now) and he only washed the actual dishes, no silverware, no pots or pan, and didn't even dump out the water because I didn't tell him to do all of that. I told him he is making me more and more sick of him with this laziness. He was much worse when I was PG, he never helped at all with anything since I was a SAHM and he felt he shouldn't have to do anything at home since he "worked all day." Some men are just big children and not just any children, but the brattiest, whiniest children ever, without the actual excuse of being immature and being an actual child.

    Erin

  20. #15290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    He sounds like my DH. He can't do anything without me telling him to do it. I asked him to wash the dishes once (our dishwasher is broken right now) and he only washed the actual dishes, no silverware, no pots or pan, and didn't even dump out the water because I didn't tell him to do all of that. I told him he is making me more and more sick of him with this laziness. He was much worse when I was PG, he never helped at all with anything since I was a SAHM and he felt he shouldn't have to do anything at home since he "worked all day." Some men are just big children and not just any children, but the brattiest, whiniest children ever, without the actual excuse of being immature and being an actual child.

    Erin
    Oh, Erin. How I love you! I couldn't have said it better myself.

    I find myself all the time wondering how he fared when he was single.

  21. #15291
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Bridget, I think he pulls that crap as an excuse to just be lazy and depend on you. He knows darn well what you've said but he chooses to pretend to not remember and act surprised so he doesn't have to admit any guilt or actually do anything.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  22. #15292

    Default

    I feel the same way when he cooks--I might as well do it myself! It's an unfair advantage sometimes, having culinary training. Sure his food tastes okay when it's finished, but sometimes watching his process makes me cringe. LOL

  23. #15293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Bridget, I think he pulls that crap as an excuse to just be lazy and depend on you. He knows darn well what you've said but he chooses to pretend to not remember and act surprised so he doesn't have to admit any guilt or actually do anything.
    I think the same way about my own DH and have told him so. We have been getting along really well lately but his laziness is just ridiculous. But I have started not doing as much for him and miraculously he has started doing more. Plus he can't use the excuse that I don't work so he doesn't have to do anything.

    Erin

  24. #15294
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Erin, I your siggy pic!!

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  25. #15295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I feel the same way when he cooks--I might as well do it myself! It's an unfair advantage sometimes, having culinary training. Sure his food tastes okay when it's finished, but sometimes watching his process makes me cringe. LOL
    This.

    I confess I read a CNN article about cell usage around infants and am now loathe to use my phone while Gus is sleeping on my lap. See you once a week.



  26. #15296

    Default

    Kai is cracking me up. He just came up to me with his pull up for bedtime and said, "Here's my pull up, Mom, said the boy, handing his pull up to his mom."

    Can you tell we read a lot? My kids are book addicts, I swear every single time I sit down they come to me with an armful of books.

    Stacy, you have me ready to google this article. I don't have internet on my phone but i wonder if a wireless computer would be the same?

  27. #15297
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    I read that article Stacy and I instantly thought of you. Do you have a wireless network in your house? Are you shutting it off at night? I can't remember if it was the same article, or a related one, but they talked about the wifi and cordless phone waves having negative impacts on our cells as well. I'm not again buying corded phones again...I actually prefer them just because they can still work when the power is out.

    So...I don't remember if I posted it on here or not, and I'm sure you don't remember if I did, but about a year ago my engagement ring came up missing. Coincidentally, two young people that had been visiting us about every other week also stopped coming over. I noticed it missing about 2 days after they'd been over, and when they never returned again I pretty much 'knew' they took it. I seriously considered calling the police.

    I vented about it, nearly cried about it, and discussed it with the kids numerous times. I told them that when they had friends over they couldn't just let them be in a room alone (because Bobbie had been sick and laid on the couch while they were in another room using my computer. My ring was kept on that desk and had been for years). Really, everything pointed to these two taking it.

    Anyway, it was no secret that I was very upset about my ring being gone. Not only was it extremely sentimental, but it cost a lot even by today's standards (for us). I don't know how Rich managed to buy it when I was 19 or 20 because we were very poor back then...and I think that made me appreciate it more.

    So fast forward to today and Sydney sends me a picture text and asks if that's my ring. She says she found it in Jessica's room. This is so complicated because Sydney has already been in trouble for snooping in Jessica's room. But it's not outside the realm of possibility that Sydney has had it all along and is just trying to pin it on Jess. Why? I wouldn't have thought they'd have my ring all this time and not say something. Maybe Sydney was playing with it and lost it and doesn't want to admit it? I cannot wrap my head about the idea of Jess taking it and not saying something...why?

    I'm really at a loss as to how to deal with this. One of them is lying and I can't tell who. Usually if I catch Jess in a lie, she starts crying. But maybe she's grown a thicker skin. God I hate this.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  28. #15298
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Kai is cracking me up. He just came up to me with his pull up for bedtime and said, "Here's my pull up, Mom, said the boy, handing his pull up to his mom."

    Can you tell we read a lot? My kids are book addicts, I swear every single time I sit down they come to me with an armful of books.

    Stacy, you have me ready to google this article. I don't have internet on my phone but i wonder if a wireless computer would be the same?
    Kai cracks me up!!

    It's actually the phone's attempt to communicate with the tower that is dangerous. The further you are from a tower, the stronger the waves coming off the phone are. But there was an article about cordless phones and having wifi at home being dangerous as well. I read so many gadget magazine articles I can't remember where they were though...

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  29. #15299
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    I will say I am so happy to have my ring back. I literally had tears of happiness in my eyes when I saw that text-pic this morning. And, of course, it fits now so I won't be leaving it on my desk or anywhere else again.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  30. #15300

    Default

    That is so cute Bridget! I try to get Josh to read more with me, but our reading time is mostly bedtime.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •