Page 509 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 94094594995075085095105115195596091009 ... LastLast
Results 15,241 to 15,270 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Have fun!!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Just wanted to let you guys know we're leaving tonight for a short vacation in Virginia. I might be able to check in, but maybe not. We're driving back Tuesday. Be good! (or not)
    Enjoy!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

So, clearly we don't do formal photos for our cards but tell me which of these you like better. They aren't that much different, really. Mostly just different settings.

It's really hard to choose because they're both adorable. I like the 2nd one a little better just because of the background.

5. Default

I agree with Chrissy.

and those pics make me totally homesick..... I miss snow around Christmas! Its raining here! WTH mother nature! WTH!

I confess I just got home from date #2. It was totally laid back, but I really enjoyed myself.

We met at the theater then went and got dessert. back to the theater for the movie, and stood outside for a while and talked.

I came home and once again busted ass walking to my door. Should I take that as a sign? I mean, I dont do it when I come home from work or class. only when I have been with him................. lol

Bridget, I think photo #2 might be best.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I like #2 better too, Bridget! They look so happy!

---------------------

Hey Bridget, or anyone, my "easier" child is being less easy lately. I wonder if it's because Soren has started crawling, and I've heard sibling rivalry can hit its peak when the new baby becomes mobile. Anyway, I thought he was having trouble at school because every school day he kept saying he didn't want to go to school, but he kept saying the teachers were nice and the kids were nice and the games were fun, etc. There was nothing he could say negative about it, about why he didn't want to go, and every day when I picked him up he always had a great time. Then yesterday it was gymnastics and he said he didn't want to go to gymnastics. I asked him what he would be doing if he didn't go to gymnastics, and he said he wanted to go to school. So I think he is just trying to assert some will and be contrary, rather than having issues with school, and he's saying NO a lot, to bedtime, to putting away toys, to coming to dinner, to just about everything that we ask him to do including the fun things. I just don't know what to do to get my sweet obedient guy back.

Gosh Lydia, I don't know. Choosing when to go to school or eat aren't really decisions he can make, but perhaps giving him more choices in other areas might make him feel like he has some control? Or maybe he'd benefit from more one-on-one time?

Just hope it's a phase, Lydia...I don't know what to say...we're currently going through getting up in the night with Travis...this from a boy who slept through the night from 4 months old until Cash showed up...aiee!

I was listening to the radio while I was doing the dishes tonight and they had a country music hour (there are no country stations here in the UK) and it made me miss home sooooo much. I had to open up a can of cider and sit down to reminisce for a bit...lol

Lydia, I wish I had some grand advice for you but I think you just have to ride it out. If you feel like it's stemming from his need for control then I'd try to give him a chance to express that in other areas. Kai used to be just as you describe Ronin. Very accomadating and eager to please. And now I'll ask him if he wants yogurt with maple syrup (his fave) and he'll scream, NO, YUCK. DISGUSTING. So I put it away and he falls to the kitchen floor in anguish because he wanted some.
    Serenity now!
    Sometimes I can't read my own children at all. For example, Savana just freaked the eff out because Kai was using her green dry erase marker. When I told her she had to go in her room until she could chill out, she sat in there and screamed her ever loving head off for about 15 minutes. It's moments like this where everything feels like one huge FAIL.
    I just have to remind myself that inside of them is the ability to be sweet and caring and it's that I have to focus on and tend to. Because now she's over it and has joined us in the living room and is being the Savana I know and love. Meanwhile, my heart is just now slowing from listening to her monster-esque screaming.
    Last edited by Bridget; 12-05-2010 at 03:33 PM.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Just hope it's a phase, Lydia...I don't know what to say...we're currently going through getting up in the night with Travis...this from a boy who slept through the night from 4 months old until Cash showed up...aiee!
    I finally gave in and spent the $ for a toddler clock. You can program it to change colors - blue for bedtime, yellow for wake up time, and it has other colors for naptime or time out time etc. but you don't have to use them. It also tells bedtime stories and has white noise. We just use the blue/bedtime and yellow/wake up time because since the time change the twins have been getting up more and more during the night, starting at MIDNIGHT and coming into our room and asking if it's time to cuddle yet. About every hour. They have no idea, since it's dark when they wake up now, if they have woken up in the morning or in the middle of the night. We have just had it for two days now and it's already made a difference.

Just checking in--we are exhausted but good. We drove through the night, Josh did not sleep well and we barely slept at all. We had a busy day and are just getting around to dinner now. Hopefully we all sleep well tonight.
    I was thinking of getting a clock like that Lydia...I'm glad it's working for you.

I hope you get some rest and have a great trip!

I can't believe it's Monday tomorrow already. I'm in training all week so I don't know how much time I'll have to fool on the internet. I'll be learning some cool geeky stuff (hopefully) about deploying and managing Win 7 remotely. I think I have a good grasp on those already, but you don't know what you don't know so I thought I would see if I can learn some neat stuff.

I had an awesome evening! We invited some neighbors, who have a 3 1/2-year-old girl and a 6-month-old boy, to come over for a playdate. Then I decided on the spur of the moment to cook them dinner too. We had one playdate with them in the past, so I don't know them that well. It went really well! I had some arts and crafts projects ready to go to provide structured activities, but they had too much fun playing pretend games. I bring this up here because they are a secular family and it's really cool that it came up on our second meeting. And they liked my cooking and the kids got along great. It's almost too bad I'm thinking about selling our house in the next couple of months, because we get along well and our kids are the perfect ages. And I can't believe I fit 4 adults and 5 kids in my tiny dining room. My new house is going to have a much bigger dining room, I tell you.

Lydia, that sounds so fun! I wish I had someone in my town like that. My friends and I always have so much fun when we get around to doing stuff like that but it takes so much planning and it's far and few between. Impromptu would be nice!

Remember how I told you all that we were leaning toward the name Bella? (Sorry, Kate. You're not a fan )
    Well I went to one of those websites where you put in the mom's name and dad's name and then it generates a name based on the origin and meaning of those two names. We weren't thrilled with our own combo so I put in Savana and Kai and guess what came up? Bella! (Isabella). Crazy huh?
    I like Coral too I've decided. Still having problems coming up with many boy names. Kai is thinking he likes either Cinnamon or Jingle.

16. Default

I confess if my dad raises a hand to my kid again, I am going to go ape****.

seriously. I took her to the bedroom and cried with her until she went to sleep.

If I don't get my own place soon I am going to loose it.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess if my dad raises a hand to my kid again, I am going to go ape****.

seriously. I took her to the bedroom and cried with her until she went to sleep.

If I don't get my own place soon I am going to loose it.
    He actually hits her? Spanks her? Dude....

18. Default

He spanked her tonight. I flipped **** on him.

I confess I found an apartment in the paper I can afford, but it is only one bedroom. That is all we have now, so I can make it work. Its super cheap though, so let's hope it hasn't already been snatched up.

I confess my mom is coming for just a quick two day visit on her way home from.California. She was supposed to.arrive late tonight and Oscar was sooooo excited when he went to bed. She missed her flight and.won't get in until noon tomorrow.

He is going to be so disappointed when he wakes.

And oh my, move now. No one should be hitting your baby.

I hope you get that apartment, Ashley; no one should go against your parenting, especially when it comes to spanking!

Bridget, I like the name Cinnamon. ;) Seriously, though Bella and Coral are both very pretty names, Coral probably slightly more unique and not as popular.

Fine Bridget, don't listen to me Maybe start looking around now for women who plan to name their boy Edward or Jacob to hook her up with now
    Just kidding, Bella is a beautiful name and I totally would have gone for it if it weren't for Twilight.
    Last night was a little crazy..Josh was tired all day but the second we tried to put him to bed he was bouncing off the walls LOL
    We finally all went to bed around 8:30 and that helped him settle down. We didn't wake up until 7ish.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    He spanked her tonight. I flipped **** on him.

I confess I found an apartment in the paper I can afford, but it is only one bedroom. That is all we have now, so I can make it work. Its super cheap though, so let's hope it hasn't already been snatched up.
    omg! I do hope you can get that apartment!!

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess my mom is coming for just a quick two day visit on her way home from.California. She was supposed to.arrive late tonight and Oscar was sooooo excited when he went to bed. She missed her flight and.won't get in until noon tomorrow.

He is going to be so disappointed when he wakes.
    Yay for Mom coming! But boo that she missed her flight.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Last night was a little crazy..Josh was tired all day but the second we tried to put him to bed he was bouncing off the walls LOL
    We finally all went to bed around 8:30 and that helped him settle down. We didn't wake up until 7ish.
    I think that's normal after a long travel. Glad you got some rest!!

I arrived at training 35 minutes early and there's no place to buy coffee. It's going to be such a long day!!

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    And oh my, move now. No one should be hitting your baby.
    This Ashley! I hope you can get the one bedroom and get out of there soon!

I also like the name Cinnamon. I had a good friend in grade school and her name was Cinnamon Brown. I just LOVED her name then. I was in like 3rd grade though and I always thought of her when I had cinnamon toast. She had cute brown freckles on her face and was bi-racial with really thick, curly brown hair and I thought she was so cute and could understand why her name was Cinnamon because she just reminded me of cinnamon .

Erin

25. Default

I called on that apartment this morning, and there was no answer, so I left a voice mail and am just hoping they call me back

I like the name cinnamon also, but don't know if I like the shortened "cin," which I and others would invariably do.

Ashley, you could probably file assault charges if you want. I know it's complicated, though, and your best bet is to just leave. I wish you luck in finding a new place asap.

Have you heard anything Ashley?

The whole trip has been a bit of a disaster. Josh has been especially fussy and "defiant"...heh. He absolutely doesn't want to do anything we think he would enjoy. The only thing he had a truly good time at was the place that had a dozen inflated bouncy houses and the like. That was fun. But the rest has been a big fuss fest! LOL

How sad. I wonder if everything is just overwhelming him?

Speaking of overwhelming...someone else in this house needs to learn computer stuff because the last thing I want to hear when I get home is, "Moooommmm...the computer ain't working right!" I don't care!!

/rant