Page 504 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 44044544945025035045055065145546041004 ... LastLast
Results 15,091 to 15,120 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    It's great when you're home with kids and want to get some exercise. My kid doesn't yet know there are real games for.it.
    If I do buy one, my plan is to only buy games that are active ones. Rich would get the hunting one, Bobbie Yoga (since she's expressed an interest in it), and something like bowling for Sydney and Jessica. The dancing game would be mine I'm not 100% sure yet though.

I have a weight set that I have to get weights for. My goal is to quit smoking the week between Christmas and New Years. I know I'm going to need to do something to keep from gaining weight because if I go over 10 lbs, I'll start smoking again. It's not an excuse...I know I will. I will not be 160 again. I just won't. Call me crazy

I've been off work for 5 days now and I barely smoke 5 cigarettes a day. I'm thinking quitting will be easy. I hope.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I never tried to quit smoking until the day I found out I was pregnant with Savana and then I never had another. I smoked for over ten years and I guess I'm some sort of freak of nature but I never looked back. I hardly ever even craved them. I did have countless dreams while I was pregnant about holding a lit cigarette but never taking a drag.
    Good luck, Chrissy. I know how hard it can be. A few of my really close girlfriends have quit and started a couple of times.

I quit for 5.5 years before cold turkey and it wasn't as hard as others have claimed. My issue was the weight, and unfortunately I've learned that smoking keeps weight off for me. I'm convinced it does something to my metabolism because my diet has gone down the toilet in recent months and I haven't ran in weeks, yet I'm still just over 130 lbs. I was eating healthy and running 3 miles on an almost daily basis and bouncing between 150-160 for years. My dr would try to deny it, but I know what I ate and what I did. It really pisses me off, actually. I might try drinking more coffee or something...I need some kind of stimulant to keep the weight off.

Is smoking considered an appetite suppressant?

It is for me.

I manage to avoid Starbucks, even though there's one in the Target just up the street that we go to all the time. Snacks and alcohol at night are my problem. I want to quit alcohol, but I've been so stressed out lately, it seems I can't find any other way to relax at night. I don't recharge energy and patience like I used to.

7. Default

I confess I just got home from a very lovely date. It was just coffee and conversation, but we sat and talked for almost three hours, and it seemed like nothing at all!

I got a Wii Fit as a Thanksgiving present and I looove it! It told me I was at an ideal weight and didn't need to lose anything but had a Wii age of 54! LOL. I still want to lose 10 pounds and improve my core stability.

See and Chrissy, I'd far rather weigh 20 pounds over than ever, ever smoke again. It definitely increases metabolism, though.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I manage to avoid Starbucks, even though there's one in the Target just up the street that we go to all the time. Snacks and alcohol at night are my problem. I want to quit alcohol, but I've been so stressed out lately, it seems I can't find any other way to relax at night. I don't recharge energy and patience like I used to.
    When Rich quit drinking, I decided I wouldn't drink at home anymore either. Initially I was a little perturbed at him for that although I didn't say anything. But it ended up being easier to do than I feared. Honestly, having a couple drinks to unwind isn't really healthy and can contribute to dependency.

I'm not saying it's always bad, but if it has to be daily (and it was getting there for me too) then it can be something to be concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess I just got home from a very lovely date. It was just coffee and conversation, but we sat and talked for almost three hours, and it seemed like nothing at all!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I got a Wii Fit as a Thanksgiving present and I looove it! It told me I was at an ideal weight and didn't need to lose anything but had a Wii age of 54! LOL. I still want to lose 10 pounds and improve my core stability.
    Eek-Wii age? wth is that?

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    See and Chrissy, I'd far rather weigh 20 pounds over than ever, ever smoke again. It definitely increases metabolism, though.
    That's because you're logical Stacy.

Bobbie's boyfriend broke up with her yesterday. She's so heartbroken and I hate feeling so helpless. We talked, but what can anyone really say?

And seriously-as far as the smoking goes I do hope that between the weights and running, and perhaps the Wii game, I won't struggle so much with the weight. I talked to someone else that started running after quitting smoking and gaining weight and he told me he didn't see the lbs melt off till he started doing weights. I actually liked running when I did it, so that will be easy.

Hi Looks like I have a lot to catch up on after not being online most of the weekend!
    Chrissy, what I would do is start with the credit union. I would get copies of my reports and bring them so they don't have to run them. And see what they say and what suggestions they have. Also, I believe that once you start applying for a loan, you have two weeks and all the reports will only count as one as they assume you are loan shopping. We talked to four different banks when we were doing this last year....the credit union was by far the best and only wanted 10% down (since we were building)...the bank we were with at the time for years wouldn't deal with us unless we had 20% down...and we had 15%. We are no longer with that bank.
    I'm sorry to hear about Bobbie's breakup.

Men sleeping....my dad is always one of those. He's a super picky eater so not into family eating and it's always been mostly my mom's side. And dad's not that social. Nobody really cares though. And MY DH decided after dinner to go put his pj's on and chill on the couch...no biggie with his mom or my sister but our friends were still there with their daughter (they were going to stay at a hotel since she's allergic to my Cosmo and MIL had her dog with too). I was like when I saw him come out like that.

Thanksgiving for us was pretty good though. First time having people over and first time my BFF, her DH and daughter got to see the house. I cooked the turkey on Wednesday and after it cooled, put in the fridge in big chunks and mostly deboned with some of the broth. I cook the turkey breast down in a couple inches of water/chicken broth with some seasoning, onion and celery. Thursday it went in the oven with foil on it and reheated while the sweet potatoes were in. Everyone said how moist it was and they couldn't believe it was cooked the day before.

As for weight, I'm doing WW online too. Well I was but have gotten bad the past few weeks but getting back on track. At least you all got a baby out of the weight gain.....I gained enough weight for a pregnancy but mine was while trying to get pg.

As for kids not behaving....I have to say that I used to think that BFF's daughter was kind of a brat though I would never have said that to her. She's cute and smart but knows how to play her parents and would throw a lot of tantrums and not listen the best. Ages 3-5 seemed to be the worst. She is recently 7 now....and was very well behaved for hours at my house being the only kid. She was funny and kept us pretty entertained. I was impressed. We did have to tell her that the dogs had enough food...Cosmo is only 25 lbs.....her reponse was so heartfelt and she said, But I just feel soooo sad for them. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    That's awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    When Rich quit drinking, I decided I wouldn't drink at home anymore either. Initially I was a little perturbed at him for that although I didn't say anything. But it ended up being easier to do than I feared. Honestly, having a couple drinks to unwind isn't really healthy and can contribute to dependency.

Eek-Wii age? wth is that?

Bobbie's boyfriend broke up with her yesterday. She's so heartbroken and I hate feeling so helpless. We talked, but what can anyone really say?
    Yeah...I caved in and drank last night too. DH is such an enabler too. He knows I can't say no when offered food or drink. However I'm happy to report that I managed to lose a pound last week! Not sure how I did that, LOL

I'm sorry they broke up

omg I'm an idiot. I occasionally post on iVillage on 2 boards; one is liberal parents and the other is a breast augmentation board. I made a post relating to my boobs on the liberal parenting board. Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    omg I'm an idiot. I occasionally post on iVillage on 2 boards; one is liberal parents and the other is a breast augmentation board. I made a post relating to my boobs on the liberal parenting board. Oops!
    Hahaha. Are liberal parents generally against boob jobs?

BLAGHHAGHGHSGDHSG

thats how i feel today..

anyone live in warmer climates who would take me in for a few months till the spring returns here in great old North da freeking kota

Wouldn't Massachusetts be considered warmer? LOL

Aw Chrissy...I'd think everyone would love hearing about your boobs

and and and my mother in law insists on writeing GOD on everything she sends to us now that she is aware im an atheist.

GOD BLESS YOU

THANK GOD

BELIEVE IN GOD

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

~~~~~~~~

Ive never been to mass, whats your current temp there?

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Hahaha. Are liberal parents generally against boob jobs?
    Not that I know of and I'm sure they're more accepting than republican parents, however it's not the kind of message board where I felt comfortable enough to talk about my boobs...it's all politics with them.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlynn View Post
    BLAGHHAGHGHSGDHSG

thats how i feel today..

anyone live in warmer climates who would take me in for a few months till the spring returns here in great old North da freeking kota
    I'd take you in Sarah and upstate NY is warmer than N Dakota...at least right now. What's wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Aw Chrissy...I'd think everyone would love hearing about your boobs
    Apparently not...I posted it some time next week and the only response I got was crickets.

and and and my mother in law insists on writeing GOD on everything she sends to us now that she is aware im an atheist.

GOD BLESS YOU

THANK GOD

BELIEVE IN GOD

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Oh god

I'm in Wisconsin up towards the north so not sure if we are all that much better than ND.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Jennifer-I was going to ask you about new construction. When you first decided you were going to build a new house, how close was the original estimate to how much it ultimately cost? I don't need specifics, but I've found a few listings for new construction homes in a development area and I'd consider them if I knew the final cost would be what they're saying it's going to cost.

Here's an example of what I'm looking at. If I knew I could get it for that price, I'd consider it.

http://www.trulia.com/property/30353...Owego-NY-13827

you got boobies?

Chrissy, what do you all talk about on the boob job board?

We just got a package in the mail from dbf's mom addressed to him and his ex wife. Mmmkay then. I keep wondering if I should be annoyed that she was so careless or worried that that she's getting old.
    We get mail addressed to his ex a lot which is strange since they were married and divorced in Hawaii.

umm yeah way to go mom!!!

boobs are nice

i wish a mod would make my siggy pics smaller

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

i wish a mod would make my siggy pics smaller

Can you not do it yourself?

I can try to do it later tonight when I'm at home, but I can't do it at work.

you got boobies?
    yes! And they're very nice.

Chrissy, what do you all talk about on the boob job board?
    Initially I went there as part of my research. I wanted to talk to other women that had done it. Now it's incredibly slow...I think there are only 3 of us that post regularly...and by regularly I mean 2-3 times a month.

We just got a package in the mail from dbf's mom addressed to him and his ex wife. Mmmkay then. I keep wondering if I should be annoyed that she was so careless or worried that that she's getting old.
    We get mail addressed to his ex a lot which is strange since they were married and divorced in Hawaii.
    Do you think it could be that she's getting old? I'd be worried too...and annoyed as all get out if she's not getting old, just thoughtless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Can you not do it yourself?

I can try to do it later tonight when I'm at home, but I can't do it at work.
    im sure there is some way i could..im just lazy is all

That is pretty thoughtless, Bridget. I would call and ask her what's the deal.
    I am so tired lately. I think i've been running off adrenalin for the past 3 months and i'm only just now crashing!
    Chrissy, the wii fit age is what the wii gives you based on a few little tests. Because i'm very clumsy, I am old apparently!