Page 495 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595995 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,850 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Lydia, how is Claire today? Savana had pneumonia at about that same age and it was so awful to see her that sick.

The woman I have been emailing (but yet to meet because I am a first class procrastinator) to be my doula just sent me an email. She said she's been searching for a new daycare and one of the women who runs the organic food center in our town gave her my name that she then mentioned to her best friend the librarian who said she knew me because I check out like 30 children's books a week.
    Anyway, she was like "Is this you? Are you still doing daycare?"
    Small world...er..town. I'm excited that she may need me and I may need her. It could solve my whole issue with dbf not wanting to pay for a doula.
    Last edited by Bridget; 11-13-2010 at 04:44 PM.

I think it's awesome that the organic lady and librarian know you and talk about you You're the bomb!!

I'm thinking mortgage rates are so low, it might be worth it to break my lease and risk getting sued.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

We went to a steam-powered machine and monster expedition (man, I love living in the Bay Area) for a little bit, and had to leave because Claire had a coughing fit that lasted long enough that everyone around us gave us the evil eye. She is still having a cough and breathing problems but the fever is down and she seems perkier, so I think the antibiotics are making a difference.

Glad to hear she's feeling a bit better. I hope the coughing goes away soon too.

I hope Claire feels better soon!
    I am so homesick right now. I hate spending Thanksgiving in England. And things aren't looking good for finding my cousin alive. They think he might have run in to trouble with a drug deal gone bad. I just want to be home with my family right now. :'(

I am so homesick right now. I hate spending Thanksgiving in England. And things aren't looking good for finding my cousin alive. They think he might have run in to trouble with a drug deal gone bad. I just want to be home with my family right now. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Oh dear I feel so bad for your family right now. Why do they think he ran into trouble with a bad drug deal?

Okay now I get to say it to someone and not mean it religiously - Bridget, everything happens for a reason.

Really though, I'm firmly of the belief that if you will things to be, they WILL. Positive intent breeds forward momentum, and forward momentum breeds... a free doula. Go you.

I am so excited for your birth. Can I live vicariously through you? Home birth rocks.

And I confess, I'm planning our January trip to Florida (grandfather, disneyworld with family) and I'm totally excited about it and weirded out to be traveling with two kids now. We travel a LOT and I'd enjoyed the six month break.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I'm so sad for you. I know the homesick feeling very well. It hurts.

Stacy, I believe very much in just what you said. It's this belief system that really helps me not to freak out when things get hairy. Oh, and feel free to live vicariously through my homebirth. I certainly have yours.
    And yay for travel. I flew by myself with Savana and Kai twice from Hawaii to Wisconsin and from Canada to Wisconsin. It wasn't all roses and daisies but it was cool.

Lydia! How is Claire?

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post

Lydia! How is Claire?
    Claire is getting better. Soren and I are crashing. He has a doctor's appt. tomorrow. I'm getting dizzy every time I stand up. Wah. Wish us luck.

Oh yuck Lydia... are Ronin and Dh sick too?

Side note, I just weighed Gus and he's 12.5 pounds.

Ronin got sick at the same time as Claire, but he wasn't as sick and actually had an ear infection so he got treated sooner. Dh seems to be getting sick last. I had a couple of instances of getting a face full of cough, so it seemed pretty inevitable.

Lydia, I hope you all are better soon. I had pneumonia before and it is just horrible. I hope you don't get it too bad if you do get it.

We got an update about our little cousin. He is back home and recovered well from his surgery last week but will have to do a round of chemo. I am hoping that it is only one round. I just keep thinking of how my grandma suffered through it and I so don't want him to go through that.

Erin

Gosh Lydia, you're getting it from all sides. I hate when illnesses run through the family like that.

Erin. It seriously breaks my heart to think of a little one going through chemo. I do hope it is just the one round.

Erin, I so hope it's just the one treatment. What is this world we live in where children get cancer? I hate it.

Lydia, I hope you can fight it. Last week I had all kinds of stuff running through the daycare. I cleaned up puke 3 times in 5 days. Blech. Also, tons of coughing in the face and about 800 trips to the bathroom to wash hands of a child who just wiped snot across their face. This weekend I had a really sore throat and headache but I think I kicked it because I feel much better today.

I'm taking an online Administrator/Center Director Course and part of it is some literature that they mailed to me and I have to fill out a packet of questions. Well they have this entire section on creating an anti-biased environment for employees and children. Then the very next page is a section on conflict management amongst employees and the quote at the top of the page is, "We were given two ears and only one mouth. This is because God knew that listening was twice as hard as talking."
    First of all, not even clever. Secondly, what the hell happened to the anti-biased environment?

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Erin, I so hope it's just the one treatment. What is this world we live in where children get cancer? I hate it.

Lydia, I hope you can fight it. Last week I had all kinds of stuff running through the daycare. I cleaned up puke 3 times in 5 days. Blech. Also, tons of coughing in the face and about 800 trips to the bathroom to wash hands of a child who just wiped snot across their face. This weekend I had a really sore throat and headache but I think I kicked it because I feel much better today.

I'm taking an online Administrator/Center Director Course and part of it is some literature that they mailed to me and I have to fill out a packet of questions. Well they have this entire section on creating an anti-biased environment for employees and children. Then the very next page is a section on conflict management amongst employees and the quote at the top of the page is, "We were given two ears and only one mouth. This is because God knew that listening was twice as hard as talking."
    First of all, not even clever. Secondly, what the hell happened to the anti-biased environment?
    LOL, that is hilarious !

Oh goodness Bridget. That's the kind of thing that almost puts me over the edge.

I confess I'm on day 27 and no spotting at all. I have had this like once in almost 4 years keeping track I think. Can start as early as day 21/22 but usually by day 24 and my average day for AF is 25 or 26. Shoot even on clomid I was spotting by day 24/25. I have always though there was a luteal phase defect but the only help suggested was the clomid and of course the progesterone tests always came out "normal".
    Only was with DH once this month and I think that we were a few days too late but can't remember the exact day so I do not think I'm pg.
    But I'm excited that maybe the vitex, all the vitamins, and the raspberry leaf tea might actually be helping. giving it unil May/June of next year and than on to adoption....which I'm ok with but it was just be a lot easier and cheaper to get pg and give birth.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Jennifer, I've still got my fingers crossed for you even if you think the timing wasn't right! The month I conceived with the baby I m/c it should have been about a week too late.

And even if not, like you said, it's a good sign the vitamins, etc. are working!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

22. Default

I confess it boosts my self esteem just a tad everytime someone comments on how adorable my girls are.

I confess that is because for every few comments about that, I get one about how they look just like me.

Your girls are adorable!!

I confess we all went shopping last night. In my house, that's a big deal because I hate shopping and my husband certainly isn't a fan of it. I confess...it's very expensive to go shopping with 6 people!!

...but we all had a good time. Rich even found hunting boots for $25 and I found a pair of jeans for less than $6. What bargains!

Ashley the girls ARE super cute.

I confess that I'm currently banned from the mall/stores by my DH. I LOVE shopping. I like getting something new and finding the just right item. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have had the money to get a house because I would spend it shopping. But he has a thing where I have to know where I'm going to put it before I bring it home, expensive things are talked about and bought together and I have to ask myself do I REALLY need this and will I REALLY use it. I end up putting a lot of things back.
    And ever since we got the house, the shopping bills have been averaging 500-600 extra a month. Not all my fault though as DH really cares about decorating and we have been buying some furniture, things like paint and deck stain and house supplies, things like a lawn mower and hoses and a couple of trees for the yard, window treatments (and boy that was a bit more than I thought it would be!...new house so windows were totally bare), appliances weren't all included, some decorative accessories.......I'm shocked that DH agreed to get as much stuff this quickly as he did.

But now my credit card is in partial lockdown....to be used only for groceries, gas, medical....necessary items.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Heh...welcome to my life, Jennifer.
    One month we did the budget and I had spent like $600 at Target...I would go in for one thing and come out with six...so now I hardly ever go out to eat, I don't buy coffees hardly anymore (there's a Starbucks in my Target), and I try to stick to the list when I go shopping. It helps that I'm on a more healthy diet now so I'm not constantly buying crappy food.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Jennifer, I've still got my fingers crossed for you even if you think the timing wasn't right! The month I conceived with the baby I m/c it should have been about a week too late.

And even if not, like you said, it's a good sign the vitamins, etc. are working!
    Thanks Gwen! I have been reading this book http://www.makingbabiesprogram.com/about.html and doing or at least trying to do a lot of the recommendations for my infertility type. It was pretty weird because I fit the type almost perfectly. I started reading it to DH and he was like, that is SOOOO you. None of the recommendations were way out there or seemed unhealthy so I figured why not give it a try while waiting on the money to start the adoption process.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Heh...welcome to my life, Jennifer.
    One month we did the budget and I had spent like $600 at Target...I would go in for one thing and come out with six...so now I hardly ever go out to eat, I don't buy coffees hardly anymore (there's a Starbucks in my Target), and I try to stick to the list when I go shopping. It helps that I'm on a more healthy diet now so I'm not constantly buying crappy food.
    I think that it is not possible to go to Target and spend less than $100. LOL We really needed hand soap refill and the grocery store doesn't sell the big refills so I made DH come with me....and it was still like $90.
    It's why I almost always grocery shop at the grocery store.

I have a coffee shop directly across from my new library in the hospital lobby. NOT good. But I have basically given up coffee because the book told me too...and am drinking herbal tea like it suggested....which I found on Amazon for way cheaper than grocery store. Still haven't totally given caffeine though...trying to but at least it's cut back.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I have a hard time going into Target & spending $10. I can't stand that store...not sure why, but I never find anything I consider a 'good price' or 'can't live without' item.

I'm not a big shopper anyway. If I didn't develop a hole in the ass of my jeans (from bleach? they weren't threadbare or tight), I wouldn't have gone last night, but once I decided I needed a new pair of jeans I thought it would be nice to take the kids since they never get to go.

I only clothes shop 3X a year. School, Christmas, and spring. They don't get any extras other than those times, and I don't buy trinkets and 'dust collectors' for my house. Ever. My walls are bare to prove it!! lol

That said, we've had a couple extra shopping trips this year, last night included. This is the first year I've gone into a mall without having a specific need that I'd be in-and-out for. I'm very good at only buying what's on my list.

Last night was fun because it was unusual. The girls better not get used to it or think that it's a new thing...it's not.

Target's literally a stone's throw away so I'm there almost every day. DH is lucky it's not a super Target or I'd be grocery shopping there too and picking up random things on those days as well!