Page 493 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 393443483491492493494495503543593993 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,790 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Oh no I hope he's ok.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Hi.

Erin and silverstar, I hope that your relatives are fine. that has to be really hard on the families.

Chrissy, is there anyway that this whole thanksgiving thing was a miscommunication? Maybe the kids fault? Is there any way you can call his mom and talk to her...if anything else you need a serious head count!

I'm excited for Thanksgiving. My MIL is coming up from chicago and she's bringing my sister. They will be up by me for a couple of days. And our friends from Minneapolis will be coming...they usually travel for the holiday but she will be 34-35 weeks along and at 90 minutes away, that is about as far as they want to go. So I've got 6 adults, 1 7 yr old, and two dogs to feed.
    Now I just need it to not snow anywhere in Wisconsin from Minneapolis to Chicago on Thanksgiving day!

Christmas should be pretty easy. We don't really buy that many gifts. I might do a name draw with my family...there are five of us. And we probably will send something to my MIL as we normally do not but she is going through a divorce and might be home alone for the holiday. And I like to buy a few things for Cosmo...she is pretty easy to please though! We don't usually buy for each other. Kind of pointless since it's joint money and well I just buy what I want for the most part.....and we have been spending money like crazy with the new house. DH keeps asking if I think we are roman emperors.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

On the memorial cards we made up for my uncle, we had this poem on there....he was not a religious man but he was spiritual and definitely into the earth, flowers, gardening... I guess my mom saw this in a Dear Abby in the 1980's shortly after finding out the AIDS and thought that meant only a few years tops....and he ended up having 22 more years with us.

Do Not Stand At my Grave And Weep
    Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there, I did not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning’s hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there, I did not die.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I like the poem

I got Josh's portrait and class picture today...it's adorable. In the class picture he's standing next to the girl he has a crush on.
    Oh, and this morning he wanted to write a card that said "Joshua loves Ava Rose" and give it to her and he said "And then she can write me a card that says she loves me too"
    Jeez, they grow up so fast. I let him write the card but not bring it to school (under the excuse that he can't bring things from home to school) I mean really, passing love notes already? LOL

Oh what a day.
    Right as one of my daycare kids was walking to his cubby he puked, projectile, all over everyone's coats, the cubbies, shoes, floor. Oh my god it was awful. I was gagging something horrible cleaning it up. I can normally handle all the yuckiness that comes out of kids but this was BAD.
    And everyone is snotty. I'm talking booger-mania. Someone sneezes and I'm armed with tissue because I know they'll have snot hanging from an orfice.
    Savana is healthy so far and Kai has a dry cough that started last night. I hope they don't get sick. I hope I don't get sick. I'm so bothered by all these bodily fluids, I want to drink bleach just to kill the germs. Okay, not really. I'm just eating raw garlic.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I like the poem

I got Josh's portrait and class picture today...it's adorable. In the class picture he's standing next to the girl he has a crush on.
    Oh, and this morning he wanted to write a card that said "Joshua loves Ava Rose" and give it to her and he said "And then she can write me a card that says she loves me too"
    Jeez, they grow up so fast. I let him write the card but not bring it to school (under the excuse that he can't bring things from home to school) I mean really, passing love notes already? LOL
    That's so sweet!!

Yuck Bridget No fun at all. I hope you guys don't catch it.

I hope you guys don't get sick, Bridget!

Saw this today and found it interesting....

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is
    malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he
    neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I've seen that before. It's a good one.

Jess is having those severe abdominal pains again. I tried calling her dr's office (that is open till 9:00 pm) and I cannot get anyone to answer the phone. The first attempt, I stayed on the line and went all the way through the automated loop for 12 minutes. I hung up and called again and someone picked up relatively fast, but she immediately hung the phone back up. Since then I haven't gotten anyone to answer, and I've tried numerous times. I'm so pissed...I could almost bet I know who's working. She's a nasty wench and is always trying to cut me off because it's too much work for her to schedule a darn appointment.

I called Nurse Direct, and of course their advice is to go to ER. Sorry, I did that last month and it's just cysts. They acted like it wouldn't happen again and a follow-up wouldn't be necessary. She can't live like this....I don't know if bcp's would help but I need to get her an appointment to find out. I'm not going to ER because even with insurance it's going to be another $500....I'm not in a hurry to spend that just to hear there's nothing they can do.

Sorry, I'm so aggravated.

I'm so sorry about Jessica That must be so frustrating!

Thanks. I finally got someone and she has an appointment at 9:00 in the morning. I had her soak in the tub and she's feeling slightly better.

Here is a good place for info http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ovariancysts.html

and yes probably birth control pills would help a lot.

Is it possible it's ovulation? I get some pretty bad pain around ovulation....and the three months I did clomid it was so bad that I missed work and couldn't stand or sit and almost went to the ER.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thank you for that link. Do you know if bcp's would help with ovulation pain? I did wonder if it was from that as well.

absolutely they would help because basically they suppress ovulation. I got a period at 13.5 so was a bit older and went on the pill at 19 and was basically on it for a good 8 years...in all that time, I never had ovulation pain and it freaked me out at first at the age of 27 when I got off them.

I know that at least a few months I didn't have cysts because I was monitored via ultrasound...and I grow BIG follicles at 30 to 31mm. Seems that most pop by 20-24 ish.

I have heard good things about a few teas that might help. I have just started with it and you can get yogi brand tea at Amazon for a super excellent price. I'm mostly drinking raspberry leaf but the woman's moon cycle one for when it's that time, seems to have GREAT reviews about helping with cramps and pain.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Today at work I was forwarded an email from our office manager. Apparently the benefits dept had a question for me and so instead of emailing me directly (we are all on a district-wide email system and you can look everyone up by name) they emailed the office manager saying they had a question for "Amanda (my last name). Please have him contact us at (their number)."

Is it me or is that just inexcusable? I have never heard of a male with my first name before...
    That's really careless. I'd assume it was a typo. But still really careless.

Chrissy, I hope Jess is feeling better today and her dr can figure out how to help her.

Sounds like a simple goofup.

Chrissy, you know my bent, but I would be extremely cautious about hormonal treatment at her age. I know the cysts can be a huge issue, but tampering with a developing body... more so IMO.

Maybe consult a good naturopath? Grocery store teas are unlikely to help. Herbal concentrations in them are very low.

I confess I've been letting Gus sleep on his tummy some. He's right next to me in bed, and I sleep with my hand on his back, but it makes me sooooo nervous nonetheless. That said, he flips over that way on his own (why it happened in the first place) and he sleeps sooooo much better.

Ack.

Chrissy, Oregano tea is used to help with menstrual cramps, it is an abortive (in very high doses, of course)
    You can make it with some oregano leaves, just boil them for like 5 min.
    Hope Jess feels better!
    Dani (6) and Chris (4)

Stash, I asked my mom and my MIL how I and my DH slept and they both said back in their day they were told to put babies to sleep on their tummies...I know it's the old, 'We did it that way and we are fine,' but really, if you are right there by him, he'll be fine...still worrying though, isn't it?

In my news, my unstable cousin has yet to be found and everyone in my family back home is sooo worried. His momma lost her middle child when he was only 2 and she's so scared that she's lost her firstborn too now.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Stash, I asked my mom and my MIL how I and my DH slept and they both said back in their day they were told to put babies to sleep on their tummies...I know it's the old, 'We did it that way and we are fine,' but really, if you are right there by him, he'll be fine...still worrying though, isn't it?

In my news, my unstable cousin has yet to be found and everyone in my family back home is sooo worried. His momma lost her middle child when he was only 2 and she's so scared that she's lost her firstborn too now.
    Oh my. How terrifying. I'm so sorry.

Savana would only sleep on her tummy when she was a newborn. I kept her right on my chest when I slept. I felt safe doing that. Then when she was more mobile she'd snuggle right up to my armpit.

Oh gosh That poor woman...my heart aches for her.

I always let my kids sleep however they were most comfortable. Maybe that was foolish of me, but I don't know what else could have been done. If they don't want to sleep on their back, they're not going to.

As for the bcp hormones, I know there are risks associated with them & it's not my first choice, but I don't know what else to do. She was doubled over and crying in agony, and she normally has a high pain tolerance. For now, the dr is recommending trying them for 6 months. He says that a lot of times adolescent girls outgrow this.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post

As for the bcp hormones, I know there are risks associated with them & it's not my first choice, but I don't know what else to do. She was doubled over and crying in agony, and she normally has a high pain tolerance. For now, the dr is recommending trying them for 6 months. He says that a lot of times adolescent girls outgrow this.
    Hopefully she gets some relief soon! BCP are like anything (natural or not)...some risks but some benefits too. My sister went on them at 15 or 16 because she basically had like two periods her whole life. She got sick of them in her mid 20's and stopped them to see what would happen and she has regular cycles now. They suspected PCOS but just couldn't quite confirm it. But it wasn't healthy to keep letting the lining build up. My dad didn't like the idea of his teen on BCP though! LOL and my mom was so mad that insurance wouldn't cover it so she had to pay for it even though it was for a medical reason.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Kai is sick. He was up all night coughing. I slathered him in a garlic oil I made and left him upstairs with dbf so I hope he kicks it fast.
    I can't believe how much it hurts my heart when they are sick still. I just hate it so much. Every time he coughs, I cringe.

Poor baby I feel the same way when Josh is sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Hopefully she gets some relief soon! BCP are like anything (natural or not)...some risks but some benefits too. My sister went on them at 15 or 16 because she basically had like two periods her whole life. She got sick of them in her mid 20's and stopped them to see what would happen and she has regular cycles now. They suspected PCOS but just couldn't quite confirm it. But it wasn't healthy to keep letting the lining build up. My dad didn't like the idea of his teen on BCP though! LOL and my mom was so mad that insurance wouldn't cover it so she had to pay for it even though it was for a medical reason.
    I hate insurances that don't pay! bcp's should just be covered, period.

I don't have any qualms about my girls taking them...at least, not for moral reasons. If they need them, they need them. I don't think it gives them permission to have sex, and I don't think they'll 'do it' just because they're on them. I think if they're going to have sex, they're going to have sex. Regardless of whether they're on the pill or not. Hopefully, they'll use condoms. I say that all the time to them.

I hope Kai feels better really fast.

I have no moral issues with bcp... I just wonder how much impact they really have on fertility, etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I have no moral issues with bcp... I just wonder how much impact they really have on fertility, etc.....
    I agree. I do worry about that and I'm not sure having Jess take them is the best thing. I need to research the natural remedies more...but in the back of my mind I fear it happening to her again and having her look at me with pain in her eyes and thinking I could have prevented it.

No matter how old they get, you never want your baby to suffer.

Oh-and can I just vent a little? She saw a new dr as the one that she saw since birth has gone to another clinic. He looked at her record from the ER visit back in August and said that she had a 3.75 centimeter cyst. So cysts aren't a big deal, I would have liked to have been told what size it was!! The way I remember it, they said she had 'some cysts' and went on to describe what can happen and why they cause pain, but they never indicated that one was that large.

I don't know why it bothers me. I'm mad at myself for not thinking to ask.

Chrissy, not to make things even harder and more worrisome for you but my mom and I were doing some research shortly after she was diagnosed with breast cancer and there are studies linking long term birth control pill use with breast cancer. Her oncologist confirmed it as well and told me to stay clear of them. Although, I was on them for about 10 years out of high school.

I know you have to do something for her. I just wanted to throw it out there in case you hadn't read anything about the possible correlation.