Page 492 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592992 ... LastLast
Results 14,731 to 14,760 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I always have my mom & brother, and sometimes my father, his wife, and Rich's mom & stepdad as well. I love Thanksgiving, probably more than any other holiday. I love the cooking and prepping--just everything!

Thomas's mom said that they could have dinner at our house and then dessert at theirs. Ugh-that just isn't going to work for me in any circumstance. I like being home doing my own thing, drinking my wine. I don't want to go to someone else's house. I don't want to meet new people on Thanksgiving day either. I just don't know wtf these people are even thinking!!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm not sure how I could get out of it without coming across as an idiot. I guess if they wanna come over, they can. I just hope they don't mind sitting at a patio table because I moved my dining room table into the office to use as a desk.

Yes, I know I'm redneck.
    Aw, just put a tablecloth over it and nobody will even notice. We use a plastic fold out table when we need an extra one.
    This year I invited my mom and her friend (boyfriend? lol) for Thanksgiving and also my SIL and her boyfriend if their plans fall through.

Yeah, that's my plan. I have this feeling it's going to be like Meet the Fockers. lol

Oh fun, I love having people over for dinner. This year it's just DH's immediate family. I confess, I miss MY family at Thanksgiving. But no one wants to come to Montana in the cold.

You'll be okay as long as you don't show them how to milk a cat.

I don't particularly like Thanksgiving much since my grandma passed away and I don't really have any extended family here. DH wanted to do a southern road trip for Thanksgiving this year, but I told him I wasn't going. He wanted to visit 3 different sets of his extended family in 3 different states in 3 days and I am just not up to having a vacation become a chore.

So I will be making a jerked turkey and jalapeno stuffing, an extra spicy Thanksgiving and whatever else Ky wants me to make. I'll probably start cooking next week.

And Chrissy, that is strange that Thomas' parents invited themselves over. I would wonder what kind of people they were, that just seems weird to me.

On another note though, our little cousin had surgery early this morning to remove his brain tumor and his mom said the surgeon feels he got all of it but they will still be doing more testing. He came through surgery fine and I'm hoping the best for him.

Erin

Erin, I so hope everything is okay. Please keep us posted and know that I've been thinking about you and your nephew since you told us the news.

I don't know how Thanksgiving will be for us. My little brother is going on a vacation so he won't be here. And it's our first holiday without mom. My birthday was really emotional so I imagine this will be too. Last year I had the family over and my mom and I prepared everything. I remember wondering if it would be my last Thanksgiving with her.

Hugs Bridget!
    Hoping for the best, Erin
    Hope Charlie is okay, Ash!

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Oh fun, I love having people over for dinner. This year it's just DH's immediate family. I confess, I miss MY family at Thanksgiving. But no one wants to come to Montana in the cold.
    I would think Montana at Thanksgiving and Christmas would be wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    You'll be okay as long as you don't show them how to milk a cat.
    I actually snorted. Thankfully, I'm in the office alone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    On another note though, our little cousin had surgery early this morning to remove his brain tumor and his mom said the surgeon feels he got all of it but they will still be doing more testing. He came through surgery fine and I'm hoping the best for him.

Erin
    Oh gosh Erin, please do keep us posted. I really hope it all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I don't know how Thanksgiving will be for us. My little brother is going on a vacation so he won't be here. And it's our first holiday without mom. My birthday was really emotional so I imagine this will be too. Last year I had the family over and my mom and I prepared everything. I remember wondering if it would be my last Thanksgiving with her.
    Great big HUGS to you.

I confess that I am, like, obsessively nesting right now!
    I don't remember being this way with Savana and Kai. I seriously have gotten rid of an insane amount of stuff. I send Mark to the goodwill about once a week with at least a box of stuff. I just can't stand the clutter. And I organize every weekend every chance I get. It's so bad that I will wake up in the middle of the night and think about a drawer I need to organize, a piece of furniture I need to move. I can't stop!
    I'm like a pregnant maniac!

We had major house cleaning day at our house yesterday. We're supposed to do thorough scrubbing every Sunday, but I admit we were all getting lax, including myself. We really had grime along the crevices...absolutely disgusting! So I cracked the whip and made everyone pitch in yesterday and now everything is gleaming. I even put the trash cans in the jet tub and scrubbed them.

I kept reminding everyone that if we do this every Sunday, it won't get so bad. It's really nice having older kids that are capable of really cleaning the nitty gritty stuff. But then again, it probably wouldn't get 1/2 that bad if they weren't there...just living! lol

I would love Thxgiving in Montana. Can I pull a Thomas' parents and invite myself over, stash? I promise not to bring my sister.

I confess I feel like staying and chatting so much more than doing other things, but I gotta get Bode down for his nap. More soon, I hope. Be well, mamas.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    I would love Thxgiving in Montana. Can I pull a Thomas' parents and invite myself over, stash? I promise not to bring my sister.

That's the other thing..Thomas has siblings, 1 or 2 that still live at home.

Well, Chrissy, why not their second step-cousins-once-removed while they're at it too? You could rent an even bigger picnic table. LOL. (I love picnic tables for social meals btw)

I confess I was successful at increasing my breastmilk supply after it dipping from going away to the D.C. rally. I brought my pump with me and was able to keep producing while I was gone, but it obviously wasn't enough to keep my supply at the levels they were at. I was seriously scared I couldn't get my BM back, so I nursed like crazy and pumped every few hours, drank fenugreek tea (blech!) and a little bit of beer. I am feeling pretty full again. Yay to my boobies!

I confess I hate it when I am about to see a friend and get last-minute ideas for thoughtful things I could do or make for them. Then it's either too late or it becomes this mad rush to get that thing done. It's not that I don't think to do something for them in advance, but for some reason, I only get the enthusiasm to actually do the thing for them at the 11th hour. Christmas is totally the same way for me. Some birthdays too. I wish I could just get myself pumped up in plenty of time to actually execute my ideas and do them well. I am such the crammer and it's how I've shot myself in the foot on many occasions.
    Last edited by demigraf; 11-08-2010 at 05:17 PM.

I'm going to have to rig up some cameras and just record the whole event. I have a feeling it's going to go down as one big blunder after another.

Yay for boobies!! I'm so glad you were able to get your supply going again.

I usually get my best gift ideas after I've bought crap. Not crap really, but when I get the lightbulb idea, the item I actually bought does pale in comparison. I always have my best ideas when it's too late to do anything about it.

This year I've had random thoughts about what to get my girls, and I've kept a memo in my Blackberry just for their Christmas gifts. I'm sure I've forgotten to add a few ideas here and there, but for once I have a list in mind. I won't be wandering around the mall feeling lost and overwhelmed. Or, so I hope.

I don't know how Thanksgiving will be for us... it's our first holiday without mom. My birthday was really emotional so I imagine this will be too. Last year I had the family over and my mom and I prepared everything. I remember wondering if it would be my last Thanksgiving with her.
    I'm so sorry you'll be missing your mom this holiday. Perhaps you could make a list of all the things she had to be thankful for in her lifetime and read them during dinner to celebrate her while she can't be with you in person.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    This year I've had random thoughts about what to get my girls, and I've kept a memo in my Blackberry just for their Christmas gifts. I'm sure I've forgotten to add a few ideas here and there, but for once I have a list in mind. I won't be wandering around the mall feeling lost and overwhelmed. Or, so I hope.
    I'm very inspired by that. Can I confess I didn't get Bodhi anything for Xmas or his bday last year? I bring stuff home for him on a regular basis, but last year he was so young I didn't do anything special. This year, I have a few ideas. Nothing fancy, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    Please let us know how the recovery goes.

Ashley, I hope Charlie is okay!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Today at work I was forwarded an email from our office manager. Apparently the benefits dept had a question for me and so instead of emailing me directly (we are all on a district-wide email system and you can look everyone up by name) they emailed the office manager saying they had a question for "Amanda (my last name). Please have him contact us at (their number)."

Is it me or is that just inexcusable? I have never heard of a male with my first name before...
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I confess that I am, like, obsessively nesting right now!
    I don't remember being this way with Savana and Kai. I seriously have gotten rid of an insane amount of stuff. I send Mark to the goodwill about once a week with at least a box of stuff. I just can't stand the clutter. And I organize every weekend every chance I get. It's so bad that I will wake up in the middle of the night and think about a drawer I need to organize, a piece of furniture I need to move. I can't stop!
    I'm like a pregnant maniac!
    Mark? is that your dbf? I don't think I've ever seen you use his name before.
    Chrissy...Thanksgivings are supposed to be dysfunctional. It'll be great
    That is weird Gwenn...maybe they use a preset form and they forgot to change one of the hims to hers.
    I keep a sticky note on my computer desktop of Josh presents, music I want to download, and movies/tv shows we want to watch. I can't believe I never used them before. (not actual post its, but the program on my computer) I'm the same way as Chrissy, I buy really uninspired gifts then I think of something cool too late.

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I keep a sticky note on my computer desktop of Josh presents, music I want to download, and movies/tv shows we want to watch. I can't believe I never used them before. (not actual post its, but the program on my computer) I'm the same way as Chrissy, I buy really uninspired gifts then I think of something cool too late.
    I totally use the program stickies to keep track of christmas presents! It especially helps since I buy all year long!

Bridget, I was a mad nester this time, too. Organized toys, drawers, closets, bought new linens, reorganized rooms. Two days before Gus was born, I washed six sets of curtains and the windows.

And, I weeded an entire (huge) veggie garden in a squat.

I was a nester too! It was like the only time in my life I ever felt like cleaning. LOL
    Every year I want to start Christmas shopping early but I end up getting really rushed and stressed out about it It kinda sneaks up on me. Like right about now I'm thinking, I have loads of time, it's not even Thanksgiving. Then Thanksgiving comes and Christmas comes so fast after that.

Every year I always think I'll have more money put aside, but I don't. Rich gets a bonus, but he receives it the week before Christmas so I generally do all my shopping in one day. And last year, I ended up wrapping that night because it was Christmas Eve. It's not looking to bright for this year being any better either.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    And, I weeded an entire (huge) veggie garden in a squat.
    Getting the right muscles ready for labor!

I think the most labor intensive thing I did in late pregnancy was milk cows...it was in a poorer farm where you had to carry the milk buckets to a central thing & dump the milk in. They did have vacuum lines, but the individual buckets would connect at the cow's freestall (sp?) area and you'd still have to carry/dump that bucket. Some of them were Jersey cows & produced a lot of heavy, rich milk.

The cousin I mentioned a few posts ago who. Had someone break his hand so that he could get pain meds has gone missing and was last seen leaving his mom's with a hunting rifle. They're currently searching the woods for him but it's not looking promising.

Oh my! I hope he turns up fine!