Page 49 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 59 99 149 549 1049 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Whatever you need to say about this chick, can you pretty please take it to PMs? :pray:

Other neverending threads have been closed for this kinda stuff, and I'd like to keep this one!
    You mean like for what I am saying now? Okay, I shall stop!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    You mean like for what I am saying now? Okay, I shall stop!
    Yep, another thread got closed cos one member was talking about another member in it. Thank you for taking it to PM!

I confess that I am doing some much procrastinated studying for my A&P final tomorrow.

Ok that is totally not the smiley I intended to use.

LOL at mammamia....you makin eyes at someone in particular? ;)

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

MammaMia is the voice of reason, as always. And it is a good idea to not make public any PMs one sends or receives (or to say that you would, or could). I suppose if there was something threatening or derogatory or racist or if someone receives one that is so rude one can't help but feel so offended one wants to sing it from the rooftops, that person could take it to a mod if it can't get resolved interpersonally.

That new smiley is totally wacky.

A&P is a truly tough class. Can't skate by without studying there. Good luck Janeen.

That CIA-agent superspy that had dinner at my house? Latest update--she had a migraine yesterday and was over at my mom's house and fainted. My dad's business partner ended up taking her to the emergency room. I have no idea what happened next.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    That CIA-agent superspy that had dinner at my house? Latest update--she had a migraine yesterday and was over at my mom's house and fainted. My dad's business partner ended up taking her to the emergency room. I have no idea what happened next.
    Wow. I hope she is okay. But I have to say, your life is suddenly more exciting that prime time drama. WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT!?!

I confess that I'm not too sure about the new smilies - just because I'm adverse to change. It takes me a long time to get used to new-ness.

I confess that I'm going to have to work in every spare moment this weekend to finish a conference talk I have to give next week.

And here is the WORST: I confess that I'm going to be at this conference on Norah's BIRTHDAY (tuesday). I feel AWFUL. We are celebrating this weekend and she is totally going to get spoiled by me due to the horrible working mother guilt. I also confess that I have not said anything about being away for her birthday on APA yet because I know some people will shake their heads disapprovingly at the computer and think about how they would never, ever miss a birthday, and how I suck. I try not to care what people think, but I guess a part of me thinks "they" are right this time.
    Norah! (3 yr)

shutterbird Guest

I confess I think the new smilies suck. They look like generic versions of Smilies!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    LOL at mammamia....you makin eyes at someone in particular? ;)
    LOL! No, no-one in particular, just wiggling my eyebrows suggestively at all you lovely secular ladies.

Yikes, I hope she's ok!

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    And here is the WORST: I confess that I'm going to be at this conference on Norah's BIRTHDAY (tuesday). I feel AWFUL. We are celebrating this weekend and she is totally going to get spoiled by me due to the horrible working mother guilt. I also confess that I have not said anything about being away for her birthday on APA yet because I know some people will shake their heads disapprovingly at the computer and think about how they would never, ever miss a birthday, and how I suck. I try not to care what people think, but I guess a part of me thinks "they" are right this time.
    I'm so sorry Maggie, that just plain sucks to miss Norah's birthday. I hope her party is wonderful!!

PS. I don't think anyone would have that thought about you, but if they did, well then I'd go and slap them upside the head.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess I think the new smilies suck. They look like generic versions of Smilies!
    Dollar store smilies!

I confess that it looks like we're going to get the cat I wanted! I'm so excited. Mia is going to be beyond thrilled. The poor kitty isn't going to get a moment of peace the first few days.

I confess that I'm up way too late, once again. Morning-me is going to hate night-me.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I'm up way too late, once again. Morning-me is going to hate night-me.
    This always happens to me. Night me is always like, "Don't worry about it. Just watch another amazing episode of the Wire/read another chapter of your book. Let morning sucker deal with it" And morning sucker is a grumpy grumpy person.
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    This always happens to me. Night me is always like, "Don't worry about it. Just watch another amazing episode of the Wire/read another chapter of your book. Let morning sucker deal with it" And morning sucker is a grumpy grumpy person.
    Morning sucker! Exactly.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess that I am about to go to bed (almost 10pm) so I can wake up between 4 and 5am to cram some more before the A&P final.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

MAGGIE! Don't worry about Norah's birthday! Do you have some fabulous child prodigy who already knows her calendar dates?!? If so, I'm totally impressed! Mine don't even know the word birthday yet, let alone how old they are. They can't count past one. They don't know to expect a birthday party, a birthday present, a celebration, a cake, or anything. They won't notice if we celebrate their birthday or not. In fact, we're counting on that. They'll be really happy if they get presents. On any day, whatever we choose. If we get around to it (I'm sure we will, since at the very least my mom is making them a box full of dress-up clothes).

I grew up in a family that celebrated holidays whenever they were convenient. We frequently had Christmas a month late, because my Dad procrastinated A LOT on the present-buying scene, and he was really busy. Every day, we'd ask "Is Christmas tonight?" And Dad would say, "No, not ready yet." Some years it would even be in February. My sister still doesn't forgive me for one year in my teens when I went out on a date in January and it just so happened that Dad decided he was ready for Christmas that evening. How was I supposed to know? I came home at 9 and my sister was there, purse-lipped, tapping her toes, looking at her watch. Anyway, my point is that it's not the day, it's the thought and the activity, and for children, it's all about the presents and the love.

When we road-tripped to Mexico for Christmas, we frequently didn't even know what day it was. We just picked a day that felt like Christmas, hung our candycanes on a cactus, and hoped for the best.

My sister has totally rebelled against our upbringing and has to have everything just so, all Norman Rockwell and perfect with holidays and entertaining now.

Anyway, try to enjoy your conference and take a picture of Norah with you and kiss her on your breaks.

Speaking of Norah, can't we see a new picture of her?

I confess I haven't been sleeping well at all lately. Ronin has decided he needs to twist my nipples all night long, every night and if I try to move him away from me he cries and cries and cries. Yesterday I woke up at 3:30 AM. Last night I was awake from midnight to 3 AM and then I finally fell asleep.

Janeen, what are you taking A&P for? Pre-med? Nursing school? Should I know this already?

Lydia, your upbringing sounds so interesting!
    Maggie, like Lydia said, she has no idea what day it is. All she knows is that she has an awesome mama!
    I confess, last night I was looking into applying at a Master's program for Atmospheric Science. I really miss school, way more than I ever thought I would.
    I confess I've even looked into becoming a doula.
    I confess I hope you're all having a wonderful day!
    Last edited by stephmama; 05-23-2009 at 08:47 AM.

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

I confess I am going to start taking sleeping pills. Railroads seem to be pretty big up here and we just happen to live about a block away from one (I wonder if we live on the wrong side? LOL) and every night I'm woken up at least 3 freaking times by trains tooting their horns at every intersection. Griffin and Lorelai are still getting up 1-3 times a night and then this morning I was woken up by a freaking EARTHQUAKE. Seriously? Seriously?! I need some freaking sleep, people!!! I wake up a zombie every morning!!

I confess that I am taking A&P for nursing school...I am doing my pre-reqs right now

Ooh, good luck Janeen. Nursing is a great career! In my A&P class we had an extra credit question in the anatomy lab--there was a little pin stuck through the male's organ and the question was "In the privacy of your own home, what do you like to call this?"

I wrote "Heat seeking moisture missile."

I was a bad girl. Mostly because that's not what I called it at home--I just wanted to write that answer down. You'll have to tell us if you have any fun extra credit questions.

I confess I need some help. I won the flower photo contest, so I assume I get a personalized moniker, like Bean has "Misplaced Southern Diva" under her name. I have NO idea what to request. A long time ago I requested to have my title changed to "Hardly Ever Here" or "Boy, Do We Miss Her" or something completely the opposite of Senior Member/APA Addict after my dh noticed my post count and my title and was shocked at how much I was on here. I reminded him that I had two years and two pregnancies' worth of posting without children to add to my total before the babies were born, and my daily average post count had been diminishing ever since. But I realized even if I got a title that implied I was gone a lot, it would still say APA Addict underneath it. Unfortunately.

So, any ideas?

I confess I have no ideas for Lydia

I confess that I am off to a barbeque and then to kaaaaaaaaaaaaraoke!

*sings* "Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waitin for a train"

Thas right, I shall sing some Bobby McGheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I confess I Janeen!! You crack me up!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

But I realized even if I got a title that implied I was gone a lot, it would still say APA Addict underneath it. Unfortunately.

So, any ideas?
    How about "A Recovering" because right underneath would say APA Addict and all together it would read A Recovering APA Addict.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess my dh is driving me

I don't understand why he doesn't ever want to do social things without me, especially when it is his friends. I need to pack for our out of town trip tomorrow and I can't get it done with him and J around and underfoot, but he got all mad when I suggested he go and do something without me. I really miss my alone time from when I was single.

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    How about "A Recovering" because right underneath would say APA Addict and all together it would read A Recovering APA Addict.
    That's great!

I confess that this evening was rough. Mia skipped her nap, fell asleep for about 20 minutes at 8pm, then finally went to bed at 12.30 after much screaming.

I confess that the swine flu has hit Iceland. The rational part of me knows we'll be fine, but the worried mother in me is freaking out.

OOH I like it!!!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

I like this one
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

I confess that I sang the very song that I mentioned above and thankfully it was a hit. Sometimes it can be such a hard song to do and other times it can be just the right song.

I confess that we are chillin at home with like eight people and we are jammin to some Billy Squire.

I confess the cops probably won't get called and I absolutely thaat.

I also confess that I every single guy chillin in my house right now and my husband them too...it feels good to have friends like that hanging out!
    Last edited by Janeen; 05-24-2009 at 11:12 AM.

I confess we are listening to "Stroke Me" right now...wooooooOoo!

I really miss my alone time from when I was single.
    And that feeling will never ever go away...
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

I confess that I don't know why people have to hate people who are different, and I confess that this happens on all sides of every fence you can think of.

I am lucky to live in such a diverse area, to have a family with polar opposite religious and political views, to know moms who parent differently than I do, and to have friends who represent every race, ethnicity, religion, and lifestyle you can think of. It makes it hard to hate any group of people when I know members from every one who are awesome.

I confess that I had to come and look at my drunken post to see what an idiot I made of myself as soon as I woke up.