Page 485 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535585985 ... LastLast
Results 14,521 to 14,550 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Just wanted to share that I just took my online test for cpr/first aid and I got 95%! (85% was needed to pass)
    Now I am worried about the demonstrations I have to do. I have to go perform all the different CPR, rescue breathing, choking treatments, etc. in front of someone. I get confused when I have to do this kind of thing...

practice practice practice! I'm sure you'll do just fine. I think it's wonderful you're taking those classes. It's really good to know.

I remember the hospital where I had Bobbie made us do infant cpr before we brought her home (on a doll, of course!). It was one of their requirements. She was born there due to an emergency and if it weren't so far away I would have delivered all the rest of my children there as well.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I actually always meant to at least take infant/child cpr for Josh's sake but I had never gotten around to it.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

That's great, Bridget! I have had to make a very strict policy about Peeing is Okay in the shower, but Pooping is NOT Okay after one very bad morning.

Have you considered having Kai sit down to pee? That might be easier. It's also a growing trend.

Kate, good for you for taking CPR!

Well Kai does normally pee sitting down, as does dbf actually (tmi). He goes pee outside a lot because he pees SO much and SO often that when he's gotta go he's gotta go. He doesn't even say anything until he's near tears so I can't even count how many times I've pulled over and we've peed on the side of the road. I realize it's not proper but I'd rather that than he pee in his carseat.
    I guess he just really prefers to stand. I think it's because it takes less time. That's his issue. He never wants to stop what he's doing. And I'm starting to have worries that he will be much older before he is night potty learned. He soaks, and I mean soaks a cloth diaper with extra stuffing every night and I even change him once throughout sometimes.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Dh pees sitting down, too.

Do you have room in your car to carry a portable potty seat? Oh wait, didn't you get a minivan now? Yes, you do!!!!

About 40 percent of adult Japanese men sit on the toilet to urinate — a staggering figure almost three times the number recorded in 1999 — according to a survey by Western-style toilet manufacturer Matsu****a Electric Works Ltd.

The survey of 518 men and an identical number of women whose ages ranged from their 30s to 50s showed that the younger the man, the more likely he is to sit down while peeing instead of the traditional method of standing up.

The 40 percent of men who sit while urinating is almost three times more than the 15 percent of men who did so when the company first started surveying toilet habits in 1999.

DH pees standing up unless he's already sitting down to poop. Josh started off by sitting down to pee but now he stands up.
    Just in case you were wondering.

If I had a penis, I would pee standing up. Dh actually pees sitting down most of the time. But Oscar, nope. I've been teaching him AIM instead.

I have no idea what it's like to have a girl, but we simply stop by the side of the road most of the time. I can't imagine carrying a potty seat. I mean heck, even I go outside if I need to.

I wouldn't worry about the peeing in the shower. Perhaps mention it to him when you notice. "I'd prefer you pee in the potty if you can make it." or something. Eventually he'll figure it out. Meantime yes, run water down the drain everyday.

Oh wait, that said, when O was too little to pee over the seat... we had a gross incident where he hoisted his little testicle sac up and plopped it down on a dirty public potty seat to pee... I used to insist that he sit down. Now he's tall enough not to be nasty about it.

I always ask Kai not to pee in the bath and he says he never does but last night I saw him grab his penis and point it up so it was sticking out of the water and he started pee saying, "See Mom, I don't pee in the water. I pee out of the water."

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I always ask Kai not to pee in the bath and he says he never does but last night I saw him grab his penis and point it up so it was sticking out of the water and he started pee saying, "See Mom, I don't pee in the water. I pee out of the water."
    ROFL, that is awesome.

I have one rule about tubs. Don't pee on ME if I'm in there with you.

And don't poop, of course. He always tells me he CAN poop outside. Well yah, ya CAN, but ew.

I remember one time we were at the beach and he liked to talk to other grown ups. He was talking to a lady and he turned to me with big eyes and a smile. I asked him what she said and he said "I told her I had to go pee and she told me I could pee in the water"
    I wasn't sure whether to be bothered by that or not LOL

That's totally weird that she would tell someone else's kid to pee in the water.
    As long as we are on the subject of pee and bathtubs I want to run something by you guys.
    Savana gets out of the tub like 5-6 times per bath because she says she has to pee but then she sits down and she says nothing is coming out, or just a tiny piddle. She has sensitive vagina issues before and only one diagnosed uti but often would show symptoms like saying she has to pee and then crying while she's sitting there and nothing coming out. I have her on a cran extract supplement now and it's pretty much eliminated the problem, except bath time.
    Should I be concerned about that?

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Oh that's hysterical!!!

I have no idea about the urge to pee at bath time. Perhaps just hearing the water is triggering the urge for her?

You can pour warm water over someone's genitals or inner thighs to facilitate urination, and there is also a phenomenon called immersion diuresis, causing increased urination just by being immersed in water. I imagine some people are more sensitive to that than others.

I just want to say I am so sick of people not knowing they have to yield to people going straight when they want to make a left turn! I have to go straight through a light to get to my house and the people on the other side are always cutting me off turning left. They beep at me like it's my fault! GRRRRR!
    Why must I always live near difficult intersections?

I asked dh to give Cash his dream feed and he acted like it would kill him to stay up an extra hour so I told him to forget it. Men are such big babies! Ugh!

Oh and apparently I don't have to go do the cpr demonstrations to get this job...IDK. I thought I did but apparently I just have to print out the certification.

Dream feed? is that like a middle of the night feeding?

It's his 11 pm feed. We wake him to feed him and put him straight back down to sleep. It only takes 15 minutes to do but apparently it's too much for him to help out.

I'm sorry

Ah, it's all right. I'm just in a bad mood any ways since dh has worked late every single day this week and I have had to do everything around the house myself. He's usually very helpful with everything but he's been wiped out with work lately. Blah!

That stinks! It must be hard to adjust to having two kids as it is.

Bridget, is it a soap sensitivity? Irritation can cause kids to say they feel like they have to pee. Or a uti...

I am so cranky and it's Thomas's night to come over (Bobbie's bf). He's lucky he's a nice kid & I like him, because otherwise I'd say not tonight.

Bobbie, on the other hand, is really grating on my nerves. After 1.5 hours she's freaking out on Conner and just screaming at him. I heard him yell at her (he don't take her crap, it kinda amuses me) and then he said, "You scratched me!!" Bobbie yells, "I DON'T CARE! YOU'RE BEING A BRAT!" so of course I have to step in.

It blows my mind that she'll argue with a 4-year-old. She isn't like this except when Thomas is over. I don't get any 'vibe' from him that he's the one behind it either...he has a high tolerance for Conner and his antics and seems to take everything in stride. I heard him trying to get Bobbie to calm down when she was shrieking at Conner. Thomas tries to engage Conner and include him....Bobbie just wants him away from them.

By far, this is the 'worst' year of parenting a teen. I guess I should be happy that she's waiting till she was 17 to push my buttons.

Sorry she's being difficult Chrissy.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Bridget, is it a soap sensitivity? Irritation can cause kids to say they feel like they have to pee. Or a uti...
    I think the soap sensitivity is for sure what was causing all the past irritation but we don't use any in her bath anymore. She used to love to tell random people that she can't use soap on her butt because her butt is allergic to soap.

I'm betting it's the warm water issue that Lydia mentioned since it now only happens in the bath. I've taken her in thinking she had a uti before and nada.

Aw, Chrissy. That sucks. Poor Conner. I bet that confuses him.

Savana and I spent a nice, peaceful evening at the library. She got her 30 minutes of computer time and then we just sprawled in the aisles of the children's section and looked at books. It was totally one of those times where I was doing just what I always dreamed about doing with my kids.
    I could hardly carry the bag of books we brought home and Kai spread every one out on the floor and had me read the title outloud to pick his bedtime story.

We had a chat in the car after dropping Thomas off. Bobbie says she feels bad when she gets like that but she can't help it. We talked about other things she can do as a way to encourage Conner to behave nicely. I explained that he starts getting out of control when he sees she's irritated and the more she doesn't want him around, the more intriguing it is to be near her. She said she doesn't think she ever wants kids because she doesn't know if she can do it. I said maybe not now, but some day....
    Last edited by missychrissy; 10-28-2010 at 06:29 AM.