Page 482 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3824324724804814824834844925325829821482 ... LastLast
Results 14,431 to 14,460 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Who knows. Maybe we ran into each other one night and neither of us remember!

It's possible!

See, this is what I'm talking about. I told DH we had to talk about our issues with sex after Josh went to bed. So he's playing world of warcraft and he has headphones on so he can hear when the group needs to talk to him and he says "Do you want to talk now?" One of the things I told him when I got home was that we needed to have more discussions where he's not on the computer or distracted by something else.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I know what you're saying about fall, Chrissy!
    I'm back home. Dh was not receptive when I got home. He was pissed that I left without any notice (even though I did stay overnight and most of a day before I left). He had to use his sick days so he could stay with Josh. His mom could have watched him though, or he could have asked me for our sitter's number.
    So he was cleaning when I got home and after about 20 minutes he finally asked me what was up. I ran some things by him that I'd like to see changed and he said they seemed do-able. He said that he's going to give himself more credit and not just stay with me for Josh's sake. If I take off on short notice again he's not going to let me come back. So I guess we have a lot of rebuilding to do.
    This just makes me sad. What did he mean by saying he was going to give himself more credit and not just stay with you for Josh's sake? I hate that he threatened you with not letting you back if you left again. What about just feeling sorry that you felt you needed to go?

See, this is what I'm talking about. I told DH we had to talk about our issues with sex after Josh went to bed. So he's playing world of warcraft and he has headphones on so he can hear when the group needs to talk to him and he says "Do you want to talk now?" One of the things I told him when I got home was that we needed to have more discussions where he's not on the computer or distracted by something else.
    Ugh. You should pull the headphone away from his ear and say that.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Well, maybe you shouldn't...but I'd certainly be tempted to!!

we needed to have more discussions where he's not on the computer or distracted by something else.
    I feel you here. WAY too many distractions available in this day and age. (that said, I confess that APA, FB and The HuffPo are often way more interesting than hearing about dh's day.)

I hope you do get the chance to be heard. Your DH still sounds receptive to working things out. Do you think that's encouraging?
    Last edited by demigraf; 10-23-2010 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    This just makes me sad. What did he mean by saying he was going to give himself more credit and not just stay with you for Josh's sake? I hate that he threatened you with not letting you back if you left again. What about just feeling sorry that you felt you needed to go?
    Well, I think he thinks that because he did well for two days while I was gone, that he would make a good single parent. Apparently Josh is very different with DH as opposed to with me. Josh reacts better to DH's requests for some reason.
    He never said he was sorry I felt I needed to go. DH has probably said "sorry" two times since we got together. I don't get a whole lot of feelings out of him to be honest. No passion against me leaving, no real happiness that I'm back, no remorse that things have gotten so bad. It's just sort of business as usual already.
    So he was on the computer for hours and then we went to bed, but I did get my message across about the sex issues before we went to bed. Today he's going to be gone all day and I get to be thrown head first into a full day with Josh! I'm going to try my new approaches.

I'm so sorry. It doesn't sound like he's putting any effort in to your relationship.

I can relate to what you said about Josh listening to dh better. Conner does the same thing. In fact, I think all my kids did when they were little. When the girls were small, I'd be getting frustrated and snapping at them...I'd finally just look at Rich and say, "HON!?" and he'd speak up. He'd only have to say it once and they'd magically do what it was I wanted. We used to argue about that because I didn't think it was fair for him to just sit right there while I was getting so worked up when he knew it would just take 1 word from him to get them to behave. It really is frustrating.

8. Default

omg omg omg
    http://comics.com/flo&friends/2010-10-22/

I confess I just about peed my pants laughing!! That was SOO B!!

I'm sort of the opposite, Chrissy. I can't stand it when I'm trying to get Josh to do something and DH chimes in. I'm always like "I'm handling it!"
    But Josh tends not to listen to either of us when we're both there, so it's a little different.
    LOL Ash...that's cute! DH is like those 3 in one printers...good at some technical things, but no emotion.

I confess... !!!!!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

11. Default

Janeen! I love your avatar!

lol thanks!

I need to stop lurking in here and start posting more again. to me!

Janeen, that avatar is too cute. How are you? James is adorable!

14. Default

yes! to you!!

I'm doing alright. Ya know, just doing the whole mommy/student/work from home thing.

Wanna see something funny?

Click me!

How is everyone else (besides me) doing!?!?!

Too funny!
    Oh...just read a couple pages back. You missed a lot with me in the last few days.

17. Default

I confess I just realized you could search people of walmart by state..

So I looked up the Alaska ones, and the third picture in, I KNOW THE PERSON!!

lmfao

That's hilarious! I didn't know you could search by state. Off to look...

OMG one of the Massachusetts ones is a picture of Steven Tyler with a fan

Too funny!
    Oh...just read a couple pages back. You missed a lot with me in the last few days.
    Well, like I said...I do lurk from time to time.

So I'm gathering you left home for a couple of days and just went back? I bounced in and out a few times when I left my ex. The thing is though, I wasn't even going back to work on things really. I was just...living, and it happened to take me back there a few times.

I hope you guys can come to a final conclusion soon.

The back and forth what should I do sucks big time.

I'm afraid of searching for CO people. I might see myself on there!!!

Yeah, I went to my mom's house for a couple days to think. I figured out what I wanted to try to change and I came back yesterday. I think this is the last try though!

I confess Conner is being a handful lately. Today I was tempted to just spank his butt and yell, "WHY CAN'T YOU BEHAVE?!!" Of course I didn't, but the feeling was there.

Even with my dh and brother here, he's keeping us all on our toes. Nothing is interesting him at all. Anything I try to show him gets hit or thrown. Ugh.

I know those days...we have days where just nothing makes him happy.
    Today was a pretty good day though. I just tried not to make a big deal out of things, like when he dumped all his toys out in the middle of the floor I just reminded him that he would have to clean them up later. And he did. He screamed at me a couple times, but I tried not to react and just stayed patient with him.
    Over the last few days he's been saying "I don't love you". Well today we were having a good moment, and he said "I love you mommy." I teased him, "what? you said you love me?" and he said "No! I mean, I don't love you anymore!" But I started to tickle him and he started laughing.

I'm so conflicted about those Walmart people websites because even as I'm laughing I feel bad like I shouldn't be laughing at people. I'm such a sap.

Kate, I love hearing that things are going well with Josh. Have you ever tried making clean up like a game? Kai is the hardest kid in the world to get to clean up so I just tell him I'm being a crane and use my arms like a crane and make engine noises and he's in. For the daycare kids if they dump out a huge basket of toys and then move on, I just walk over and yell, "My APPLES! My apples fell off the tree and they are going to rot! QUICK! Who can help me load them into this basket so I can make apple pie?!"
    It's super goofy but you should see them run to help.

Chrissy, sorry you're having a hard day with Conner. I hate days like that where it feels like nothing keeps them busy and happy.

Yeah, actually there is a clean up song on youtube that he likes. It's this one if anyone wants to try it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b4gSs0KhIU I don't even have to play the video anymore, I just start to sing it and he starts to sing and clean up. He also likes the "teamwork" song from wonder pets when I'm helping him with things.

Apparently that's all I needed to do was post about it, because he's been quiet ever since lol

That happens to me too! I post about a problem and it's resolved soon after.

I confess my mom just left, and I am so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess my mom just left, and I am so sad.

Mama's rock.