Page 476 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3764264664744754764774784865265769761476 ... LastLast
Results 14,251 to 14,280 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #14251

    Default

    Well you'll just have to wear them again ;) Have you done garters before? I think they're such a PITA. LOL

  2. #14252
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    I'm just going to do it. I'm not obligated to buy anything...I just hope for 1 decent enough shot that I can have printed and framed. If Rich behaves, it'll be his Christmas present. If not, it'll be something for me to look back on when I'm an old lady.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  3. #14253
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Well you'll just have to wear them again ;) Have you done garters before? I think they're such a PITA. LOL
    Yeah, if I get an opportunity I guess I will wear them. I sleep naked though..and not for sex reasons. I just cannot stand to have clothing on me when I sleep.

    I've never worn garters before. One of the things I bought from Victorias Secret has hooks attached to the bottom for the thigh highs, so I'll get an experience of some sort with them.

    I figure with the other ones, I can have pics taken of me putting them on maybe.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  4. #14254

    Default

    What's with the accidental ballet? I have Oscar in "creative movement," which is basically twelve little girls in froofy dance gear and him in his sweats and t. He adores it. It's on purpose.



  5. #14255

    Default

    Just have fun with it! If anything, you can show them off to us

  6. #14256
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Just have fun with it! If anything, you can show them off to us


    Maybe.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  7. #14257

    Default

    LOL Stacy!
    I think Josh has a little girlfriend at school, but apparently she's in high demand--He says, "A lot of people love Ava Rose" LOL

  8. #14258
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Someone just dropped a house on my sister!
    Posts
    21,250

    Default

    How cute!! Today Lorelai said "mommy, I miss _____" (an adorable little boy from school). I said "oh, was he gone today?" She said yes, that he was at Disneyland. I said wow, how fun, yadda yadda yadda and she said "I just love _____. He's so cute!"

  9. #14259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    What's with the accidental ballet? I have Oscar in "creative movement," which is basically twelve little girls in froofy dance gear and him in his sweats and t. He adores it. It's on purpose.
    Accidental only because this style of dance doesn't suit his basic nature. Ballet is control and rules and Gage...well...I thought it was just a good intro to the Drama Class (singing, dancing, acting) that he will be joining next season when he hits 4.

    Chrissy...you don't wear lingerie to SLEEP in...

    Bridget, I think it is time to ex-friend this prepubescent boy.
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

  10. #14260

    Default

    Ah... yeah, I guess our class isn't really ballet. They do some of that, but mostly movement exercises. Oscar really wants to tap dance, but the only class is run by a bunch of women that I find irritating at best.



  11. #14261
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,407

    Default

    You all have me in stitches with your accidental ballet and talk of number of children resulting from number of times you've had sex. That reminds me of that Monty Python movie, where the protestants only had sex the two times they needed to have it for their two children

    I need to put Annie in gymnastics soon. I didn't get her in the first session this year, which was stupid. She really needs it.
    Just Midge

  12. #14262

    Default

    Josh's preschool has gym class every Friday. Josh's teacher's name is Mr. Capello, but Josh calls him Mr. Piccolo.

  13. #14263
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,490

    Default

    There was a little girl at the playground the other day wearing a princess dress. Claire played with her for a while, and then talked about her after we left, saying that her friend was a princess.


  14. #14264
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    There was a little girl at the playground the other day wearing a princess dress. Claire played with her for a while, and then talked about her after we left, saying that her friend was a princess.
    That's cute! I keep seeing little boys in the super market and out about with spider man/buzz lightyear type costumes on and it makes me smile...they must pick what they want to wear. I let Travis pick what he wants to wear most of the time but here lately all he wants to wear is his Lightning McQueen t-shirt!

  15. #14265
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    I can't see Conner following instructions through a class. AnnieEek signed Henry up for fencing classes...I need to ask her how he's doing with that. She posted pics of him on Facebook and he was just too dang cute!

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  16. #14266

    Default

    Oscar has a randomly decorated cape that he often wears out, along with mardi grad beads and a masquerade mask. He calls himself atctr (no clue) or nonsequitor-man (thanks, dad).



  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    You all have me in stitches with your accidental ballet and talk of number of children resulting from number of times you've had sex. That reminds me of that Monty Python movie, where the protestants only had sex the two times they needed to have it for their two children

    I need to put Annie in gymnastics soon. I didn't get her in the first session this year, which was stupid. She really needs it.
    "Every sperm is sacred........." lol I love Monty Python!!

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I can't see Conner following instructions through a class.
    I can't see Audri doing it either, but I need to get her into dance or something.. with as much as she loves it. and maybe she would take direction/instruction better from an adult that was not mom or grandma...

  18. #14268
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,432

    Default

    Travis makes me laugh with the things he says...he picks up EVERYTHING we say and repeats it a lot. Today when Cash started fussing in the car, he turned to him and said, "It's otay, baby boy..it's otay..." LOL

  19. #14269

    Default

    I was really urging Kai to join dance when Savana did and first he was down with it until he realized we couldn't be in the room with him. He said he's not ready for stranger teachers yet.

    I am buggin out right now because the woman I've been communicating with about helping me out in my daycare when I have the baby just emailed me and said her situation has changed and she won't be able to do it. BUGGER! I need to find someone.

  20. #14270
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Boy Bridget nothing is easy for you is it? I'm sure something will work out, but goodness knows you don't need the extra stress right now.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  21. #14271
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,432

    Default

    I confess that I love love love my in-laws. We live next door to them and I wouldn't have it any other way. Is that tacky?

  22. #14272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I confess that I love love love my in-laws. We live next door to them and I wouldn't have it any other way. Is that tacky?
    No, I think that's awesome! We live a couple minutes away from my inlaws but I don't love them. LOL
    Today a couple of Mormon missionaries came to my church class and talked to us. It was very interesting and informative. I thought the kids were going to be withdrawn and not have any questions but they had quite a few great questions. The missionaries were very nice and respectful towards our views--I don't know why I was expecting them to come in and be all judgemental but they weren't at all.

  23. #14273

    Default

    Okay guys, I have figured out what the major problem is, I think. I feel like I'm having an identity crisis or something. I feel like that when I'm away from DH and Josh, I know what I want to do and who I want to be, but I feel like DH brings out the worst in me and this past year with Josh has brought out parts of myself that I really hate as well (impatience, quickness of temper, to name a couple) I don't really know how to overcome this and be the person I want to be when I seem to react so quickly (and poorly) to the things I don't like about DH and Josh. DH is just always cranky now, he snaps at me and is short with me, I come home from church wanting to talk about my class and he doesn't ask me about what I did, so I don't feel like he wants to know. I sit and feel sad about that and then he wonders why I don't want to talk. I want to do things, I want to help people and be looked at as a good person in the community, at my church and with Josh's school, but I don't know how to achieve this position in life when it seems like the two most important people in my life just bring out the worst in me and nobody particularly wants to be friends with me because I tend to not have much to say and I don't do anything with myself so I don't have a lot to contribute to any conversation about hobbies or politics or the things grown ups talk about.
    How can I get past the negativity I sense at home and rise above it?

  24. #14274
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I confess that I love love love my in-laws. We live next door to them and I wouldn't have it any other way. Is that tacky?
    No, not tacky at all. I really hope to have good relationships with my children and their partners. Sometimes I read the stories people post online about their 'awful' inlaws, and I wonder to myself how those people will be when their precious baby is an adult and dating someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    No, I think that's awesome! We live a couple minutes away from my inlaws but I don't love them. LOL
    Today a couple of Mormon missionaries came to my church class and talked to us. It was very interesting and informative. I thought the kids were going to be withdrawn and not have any questions but they had quite a few great questions. The missionaries were very nice and respectful towards our views--I don't know why I was expecting them to come in and be all judgemental but they weren't at all.
    That's great that they were non-judgmental and open about their beliefs.

    Today was my 'photoshoot'. I got some good ones. It was really difficult to pick just 4, but that's all I could really afford today. There are 6 others I hope I can purchase before Christmas. It was actually really fun and I wasn't self conscious at all. The hair/makeup girl has actually modeled, and she hung around and helped me out quite a bit. She even had some suggestions for the photographer that came out great.

    I ended up having to tell Rich what I did though because he saw the tag for my 'sleepware' in the bathroom garbage. It was totally by accident...the dog knocked the can over and he was picking it up. Because we'd been fighting and he had a feeling I was up to something today, he did go looking for my 'sleepware'. He didn't find any (of course, 'cause it was with me) so he asked me about it when I got home. Rather than try to be clever with a lie that he wouldn't believe and create more problems, I told him he was a sh!t and that I was out having pics done for him for Christmas. He said he was sorry and wished he hadn't seen the tags and that he didn't want any more detail than that. I won't even let him see the lingerie till after he sees the pics.

    So I'm a little disappointed that he knows, but I couldn't have lied to cover up the sleepware tag. I'm sure it would have created more problems if I'd tried.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  25. #14275
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Okay guys, I have figured out what the major problem is, I think. I feel like I'm having an identity crisis or something. I feel like that when I'm away from DH and Josh, I know what I want to do and who I want to be, but I feel like DH brings out the worst in me and this past year with Josh has brought out parts of myself that I really hate as well (impatience, quickness of temper, to name a couple) I don't really know how to overcome this and be the person I want to be when I seem to react so quickly (and poorly) to the things I don't like about DH and Josh. DH is just always cranky now, he snaps at me and is short with me, I come home from church wanting to talk about my class and he doesn't ask me about what I did, so I don't feel like he wants to know. I sit and feel sad about that and then he wonders why I don't want to talk. I want to do things, I want to help people and be looked at as a good person in the community, at my church and with Josh's school, but I don't know how to achieve this position in life when it seems like the two most important people in my life just bring out the worst in me and nobody particularly wants to be friends with me because I tend to not have much to say and I don't do anything with myself so I don't have a lot to contribute to any conversation about hobbies or politics or the things grown ups talk about.
    How can I get past the negativity I sense at home and rise above it?
    I'm sorry you're feeling so down. Have you thought about counseling? I wish I had some wisdom to share, but unfortunately I know what it's like to have the worst of you happen at home. I think finding things outside the home that make you happy can help, and it seems like you've been doing that. Don't be hard on yourself. again.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  26. #14276

    Default

    I think it's cool that Rich knows. Creates more suspense. That's sexy.



  27. #14277

    Default

    Thanks Chrissy. I am in counseling--we tried couples counseling but DH's work schedule is so weird, we could never find a time that worked for all of us, plus the two therapists we tried just ended up wanting to see me anyway (I think I mentioned that before)
    With all due respect I don't think it makes sense to just try to find things outside of home that make me happy. I want to be happy at home too. A lot of people have told me to just try to fill my life with other things and I just don't think that fixes the problem as much as it just covers it up. I don't think that's fair to me or DH. (And I'm not trying to go off on you personally, I have just heard that so much, that I should look for other things to keep me busy, and it upsets me because dammit, I spend 95% of my time at home, and I want to be happy doing it! LOL
    Too bad Rich found out...but I'm glad you're happy with the pics!

  28. #14278
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I think it's cool that Rich knows. Creates more suspense. That's sexy.
    Yeah, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. For some reason I thought if he had a clue there wouldn't be any suspense. But instead, I feel so much better because he does know. I've never kept things from Rich and even though this was a 'good secret' it still felt awful making stuff up about what I was doing today.

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Thanks Chrissy. I am in counseling--we tried couples counseling but DH's work schedule is so weird, we could never find a time that worked for all of us, plus the two therapists we tried just ended up wanting to see me anyway (I think I mentioned that before)
    With all due respect I don't think it makes sense to just try to find things outside of home that make me happy. I want to be happy at home too. A lot of people have told me to just try to fill my life with other things and I just don't think that fixes the problem as much as it just covers it up. I don't think that's fair to me or DH. (And I'm not trying to go off on you personally, I have just heard that so much, that I should look for other things to keep me busy, and it upsets me because dammit, I spend 95% of my time at home, and I want to be happy doing it! LOL
    Too bad Rich found out...but I'm glad you're happy with the pics!
    I know what you're saying and I'm not offended. I just think it's good that you have found activities outside the home because so many in your situation don't do that and they end up internalizing everything. Even though it's only 5% outside the home, that's a little bit of 'you' so that's better than nothing.

    I wish your dh had more time for marriage counseling. I cannot believe it's all 'you' and am a little irritated at the two counselors that seemed to want to focus solely on you. It seems unfair since marriages take 2 to make them work.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  29. #14279

    Default

    I know I think her goal is to help me cope with the stresses that my home life bring me. She's done well helping me understand where Josh is coming from, and I get it when I'm talking to her, but it's a different story when I'm home alone and Josh is crying for the 5th time that day or DH isn't listening to me.

  30. #14280
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    With all due respect I don't think it makes sense to just try to find things outside of home that make me happy. I want to be happy at home too. A lot of people have told me to just try to fill my life with other things and I just don't think that fixes the problem as much as it just covers it up. I don't think that's fair to me or DH. (And I'm not trying to go off on you personally, I have just heard that so much, that I should look for other things to keep me busy, and it upsets me because dammit, I spend 95% of my time at home, and I want to be happy doing it! LOL
    Too bad Rich found out...but I'm glad you're happy with the pics!
    I don't know Kate, I kind of agree with Chrissy. Of course this isn't 100% as some people do have truly awful situations or something like clinical depression. But in general, I believe that happiness is a choice and something that only have control over. And if you find things to do that you find fulfilling and make you happy, it can only help at home. Happiness is contagious and so is unhappiness. Even just at work, if someone in the group is really negative and unhappy...that can affect everyone. But when we all come in and at least try to be positive and smile....it's much different. We actually are really pushing smiling right now in our customer service at work...basically telling staff to smile at each other and smile when dealing with patients and visitors (situation appropriate of course).

    I talk about this a lot with my bff.....I could be all miserable about the infertility. I mean the ONE thing I wanted in life was to be a mom since I was a kid. College was just something to do while waiting until the time was right. So 3.5 years of trying to get pg and no baby, not a single positive test in all this time. I have moments that hit me and have a huge pity party for myself...than I get over it and decide enough. I WANT to be happy. So I find things that I like to do and do them. I look at what things I can change and do that. and I make sure to keep realistic expectations so that I do not end up disappointed. I am the ONLY person who is responsible for my happiness.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •