Page 470 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3704204604684694704714724805205709701470 ... LastLast
Results 14,071 to 14,100 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I'm sorry I missed it too Sarah, I'm glad you came back I have no idea why DH was having hangups about me being online today. And he was doing the same thing. I was trying to get DH to come do something with me and Josh as a family and he was sitting at the computer watching youtube. I was like, why is it okay for you to do it, but you stand over me when I'm online? Plus when Josh was trying to play school with me DH kept calling to me every 5 minutes to check his progress on hanging pictures!

It is really embarrassing. And I have a bad habit of doing a stupid giggle/laugh when I get embarrassed and I think I did that during our conversation so now I am really embarrassed and will be apologizing perfusely tomorrow at work.

My boss is a really nice lady with a very stressful job and she hired me to make her job less stressful and I really, other than embarrassment, feel bad that I inadvertently caused her more stress.

Erin

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    It's not really about her wanting to have sex. She just wants to watch a movie with Thomas uninterrupted. I don't blame her for that, but at the same time I have my own things to do too and Conner just doesn't know that he can't hang all over them like he does with everyone else that comes to the house. He thinks all his sister's friends come to play with him!

So far, Bobbie says she's not ready for sex. I believe if/when she does make the decision to do so, she will use protection. But it's not happening in my house. I think it's a weird hang-up for me, but I just cannot bring myself to be that open minded. If that's the worst thing I do to my kids (not allow them to have sex at home) then I'm sure they'll get over it.

Ah, sorry I misread your original post on this. If that's the case, then I guess her boyfriend's like having any other friend over to the house. How much time can she expect to be able to "check out" from being helpful with chores and looking after Connor, etc? I think you're doing fine to let her have a little time to spend with her bf, and then it's perfectly fair to insist that she help you look after her brother.

Erin, it was a completely honest mistake. It's ok to let your boss know that you're embarrassed about it. Apologize once and get back on that horse and start performing again. I think that'll be the fastest way to put it behind you. I'll bet you're still really good at what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Holy shiznit.
    Dbf's mom sent me an email that for my birthday and for christmas for the family she'd like to put some money into my account to hire someone to clean my house twice a week from around christmas until a month or two after I have the baby.
    If she was here right now I'd shower her with kisses. She has said before her heart just hurts that I will be without my mom and that she can't make the trip to come and help.
    I'm totally speechless. It's hard for me to accept such an incredibly generous offer but I know her and she will do it no matter what I say.
    That's wonderful! I honestly can't think of a better gift for a new momma. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I confess that I am having a mini freak out session because I accidentally took home the parking validation stickers from the office. I just started this job like 3.5 weeks ago and I was cleaning out the files and tossing old folders. I decided to put the parking validation stickers (which are like $200 a sheet) into a new folder. I kept the old folder for my benefit enrollment papers. My boss called me an hour ago wanting to know where the stickers were and I am freaking because the are in my purse!!! We have people from our main corporate office visiting and they needed the stickers for their validation and I am so embarrassed and am kind of freaking out about this. It is probably $1000 worth of stickers in my purse. I guess I should be happy I didn't throw away the old folder, like I was planning on doing, but I am so embarrassed about it and hate to make stupid, dumb mistakes like this. Even though my boss said it wasn't a big deal and she was happy I had them and they weren't loss. I am still embarrassed and kind of freaking out about it.

Erin
    It'll be fine! It was an honest mistake.

I confess that I can't keep up with this thread. Did it always move this fast, or am I just out of practice?

I confess that I still haven't told DH I'm pregnant. I've been waiting for things to settle down between us, but seeing as that's not happening I'm just going to have to tell him. Wish me luck!

Good luck Sarah Some days this thread is very fast, sometimes not.

Stash has had her baby! I just saw in the Oct dd room! Yaaay!

Sarah, sorry your dh is being a dingbat; good luck with telling him about the baby....(hugs)

Erin, when I do stupid things at work (which I like to think is not often!), I usually laugh it off with whoever knows about it....I once sent over 1,000 books to one store because of a system issue (thought I was sending them 10!) LOL...so, there are worse things!

She had her baby??!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    OMG!!!! Happy day!!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Yay Stacy!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Holy shiznit.
    Dbf's mom sent me an email that for my birthday and for christmas for the family she'd like to put some money into my account to hire someone to clean my house twice a week from around christmas until a month or two after I have the baby.
    If she was here right now I'd shower her with kisses. She has said before her heart just hurts that I will be without my mom and that she can't make the trip to come and help.
    I'm totally speechless. It's hard for me to accept such an incredibly generous offer but I know her and she will do it no matter what I say.
    Wow
    Your MIL makes it worth it to keep your dh around
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    How exciting!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Wow!! Congratulations Stacy!!!

Congrats Stacy!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thanks gals! He is awesome.

I have a funny - FIL just left, but while he was here he had to wax all emotional about newborns and how "babies are the breath of god."

Er, huh?

OMG is the day almost over yet? My favorite sandals broke this morning...luckily they are leather so I can take them in to get fixed (strap came off). So I'm wearing my other work shows but their bother my heel spur. I hope to get some crocs that don't look so croc like but won't get out to the store at the Mall of America until next weekend. I LOVE my crocks but both pairs I have are not business wear.

Ok so the other thing is my work is opening a whole new hospital addition next month. I'm getting a new patient library right in the lobby...but I haven't seen the space since it was just drywall. So not really sure how much shelf space there is. But I need to get books ordered since it takes some time to process them and catalog them. So I have been a crazy person the past two days getting my book order together. I know I will probably need more but at least wanted basics in place hopefully before the public opening. I have never had to start from scratch before with collection development. I think that I've got some really cool books coming in though. I just don't know how librarians did this before Amazon....that has to be the best website ever.
    Additionally, this is just a busy time of year for us. Interlibrary loan requests are way up and literature searches and article requests are way up.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Thanks gals! He is awesome.

I have a funny - FIL just left, but while he was here he had to wax all emotional about newborns and how "babies are the breath of god."

Er, huh?

I'm really so happy for you Stacy! I keep looking at the pics you posted on FB. Such a sweet, precious little face! What does Oscar think of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    OMG is the day almost over yet? My favorite sandals broke this morning...luckily they are leather so I can take them in to get fixed (strap came off). So I'm wearing my other work shows but their bother my heel spur. I hope to get some crocs that don't look so croc like but won't get out to the store at the Mall of America until next weekend. I LOVE my crocks but both pairs I have are not business wear.

Ok so the other thing is my work is opening a whole new hospital addition next month. I'm getting a new patient library right in the lobby...but I haven't seen the space since it was just drywall. So not really sure how much shelf space there is. But I need to get books ordered since it takes some time to process them and catalog them. So I have been a crazy person the past two days getting my book order together. I know I will probably need more but at least wanted basics in place hopefully before the public opening. I have never had to start from scratch before with collection development. I think that I've got some really cool books coming in though. I just don't know how librarians did this before Amazon....that has to be the best website ever.
    Additionally, this is just a busy time of year for us. Interlibrary loan requests are way up and literature searches and article requests are way up.
    That sounds crazy!!

LOL, the breath of God. Is that why they smell funny sometimes?
    Sorry your shoes broke Jennifer!
    I had a nice talk on the phone with my new co-leader I will call T this morning, and she feels like she's caught up and I feel like I'm not as discombobulated with the change as I was before. The woman who I used to co-teach with (K), T and I exchanged e mails all morning catching each other up. K will still be working behind the scenes with us, facilitating the visits to other services. We have a couple Mormon missionaries coming to visit us, we are going to a Native American thing on the 7th and we're either going to a fall thing (I think it's called the waxing of the moon? is that the beginning of winter solstice?) or Yule for our pagan portion of the class. We're also going to see if the kids want to do a service at the end of the program to kind of present some of the things they've learned.

The breath of god. Wish I could have seen your face.

And I agree with Chrissy. I'm so incredibly happy for you Stacy.

Wait, I forgot the best part. Babies make you realize there's something greater.

Er yeah, like MAMAS.

I am so in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post

That sounds like a big job! Enjoy yourself!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Hey ladies. I just wanted to let you know that I'm leaving both apa and facebook temporarily. I've been doing some reading, and dh and I feel that one of the best things we can do for this pregnancy is use pre-birth parenting techniques and other similar concepts to communicate and bond with this baby right now. We hope that by getting a feel for this child's personality and needs that we will be able to better know what we need to do to keep him or her baking as long as possible, and even increase our chances for a vbac.
    A lot of our ideas are kind of based of stuff we have read in Birthing from Within. But I feel that with taking care of Robbie and needing to spend so much energy working on this pregnancy I need to simplify as much of my life as possible. So I'm cutting out facebook, apa, and even cutting back on most my tv watching (keeping it to essentials--just House)
    I'll be back in the next few days before officially taking my break, I'll also try to update when we find out the gender, if any complications arise, when the baby is born, and if anything happens with Robbie (not likely though, he is doing so well now. He has even grown out of a lot of his sensory processing issues )
    I'm thinking I'll be back once the baby is born. So don't forget about me by April .

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

Good luck, Shanna; I can understand your reasons for a break!

Yay, congrats Stacy!!

I confess that even after a natural birth, afterpains SUCK.

Good luck Shanna. I'll be thinking of you!

We'll miss you Shanna!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Congratulations, Stacy!!!!!

Good luck, Shanna(h)! I never got the chance to tell you I totally cried too when Mondo opened up about his HIV+ status on Project Runway. That was such a touching and positive episode.

So speaking of TV, did anyone else watch last night's episode of Glee? The quarterback character in the Glee club saw Jesus in the burn marks of his sandwich ("grilled Cheezus") and started praying to it. At the same time, the gay character's dad went into a coma, which started the Glee club talking and singing about spirituality. I thought of you guys while I watched it. On the one hand, I thought it was cool that the episode acknowledged multiple religions and talked about how spirituality makes people feel better in general. But any time anyone on the show prayed or made direct reference to God, it was implicitly the Judeo-Christian one.

I was mostly disappointed in the way the atheist characters were depicted. The gay character said he refused to believe in a God that would make him gay and then have his followers condemn him for "choosing" to be that way. And the other non-believer was the grumpy, Type A coach Sue Sylvester (who has the best lines and is the reason I watch the show). She didn't believe in God because she saw people making fun of her Downs Syndrome sister while growing up.

Not that the show had any responsibility to do this, but I just think it didn't do a good job of representing the secular point of view. Being angry/disillusioned and then rejecting God (like the characters did) isn't the only case for not believing, and it's definitely not the most convincing one either. In fact, it's a poor example because you kind of have to believe something exists first before you can be mad at it. I just felt like the viewpoint of the mellow, rational atheists I know wasn't represented - that, based on the history of world religions, religion is a man-made thing and it's a non-emotional conclusion to not believe in anything.

In any case, the music in last night's show was way better than the Britney Spears episode.