Page 464 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454462463464465466 474 514 564 964 1464 ... LastLast
Results 13,891 to 13,920 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Shanna(h) View Post
    That makes me want to cry.

My 3yr old cousin put a grasshopper in his pocket once. His mom had a not so nice surprise when she emptied his pockets a few days later to do laundry.
    Oh fun...lol

Bridget, your dad is awesome.

Shannah,

Kate, yay for being a bridesmaid!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Shannah, can you find a doula who specializes in c/s? I know there are some, and their focus is to make the process as much of a BIRTH as possible. Hugs.

Shannah. I wouldn't give up hope for a vbac just yet, but if it comes to pass then it's just a way of having your baby. It's merely a beginning to a wonderful addition to your family.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Kate, I thought about you today. Savana came up to me and told me she "accidentally" licked one of the toys in the daycare. Poor girl is so honest she just can't help but tattle on herself.
    I wondered to her how you accidentally lick something. Like, did you fall down with your tongue out?
    She said, "Umm, no. My brain told me to do it and before I could remember not to, I was already doing it."
    So they start to "get it" eventually, even if they still lack the control. That darn brain. Foiled again.

She's very insightful.

Awesome Bridget. Yesterday we were in the garden. I was watering lavender and Oscar was sitting under the well pump, eating mint. I looked over and saw him licking a big, round, flat rock and was like "dude, whatcha doing?" and he said "licking a rock. I know I probably shouldn't, but I really just wanted to see how it felt to lick it, and I couldn't help myself." My response was "Okay, cool, I get that. How about you rinse it off first?"

On a somewhat more disgusting note, this week he was in the shower and informed me "Mom! I stuck my finger up my butt and felt poop!" Er okay guy, I get why you would want to do that, but like, you need to wash your hand afterward, okay? And like, not tell everyone else about it.

Oscar!
    Savana will get up after she goes to bed and come out to the living room and say, "Hey, Mom. I'm going to wash my hands because I touched my vagina." I'm like, "That's cool Savana but you don't even have to tell me that if you don't want to."

(And see, Kate. Eventually they know when they need to wash their hands too )

I just love the fact that they WILL tell us.

LOL, I love the honesty of kids. I posted on FB about how Travis listed a whole list of cartoon characters who poo on the "big toilet" so when I ended the conversation with, "so, now you want to poo on the big toilet?" he excitedly shouted "NO." He's not interested in PT at the minute, so I'm not pushing it...LOL.

I love it too. She tells me everything. I love that she knows I won't freak out on her. She won't tell dbf, case in point.

My friends kids were over here once and you could tell something went amiss in the other room where the kids were so they all came running to where we were. My friend's husband said to his son "What happened?" and the son said, "Uhh, I think I want to tell Bridget."

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    LOL, I love the honesty of kids. I posted on FB about how Travis listed a whole list of cartoon characters who poo on the "big toilet" so when I ended the conversation with, "so, now you want to poo on the big toilet?" he excitedly shouted "NO." He's not interested in PT at the minute, so I'm not pushing it...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    On a somewhat more disgusting note, this week he was in the shower and informed me "Mom! I stuck my finger up my butt and felt poop!"
    OMG! How old will I have to be before this sort of stuff doesn't make me bawl with laughter?

On a saddish note, my dad went for a super-easy bike ride with me and Bodhi last Saturday and he fell 3 times. He looked so embarassed whenever he'd fall. I rode all the way home with him trying to act like I wasn't freaking out, just in case my worry was gonna throw his confidence and make him fall again. When we got home, he had over 30 cuts and scratches all over himself. Then last night, he dropped his new week-old video camera and broke it. He looked so sad and childlike, I cried when I went back into my room. My sister & I are going to buy him a replacement camera, but I don't know if we can make him stop kicking himself.

Ah, silverstar, I hope your mom really did reach a turning point with her alcoholism. That would be the best possible reason to have a demon vision.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    He's all happy when I pick him up from preschool and then as soon as we get home he's a nightmare. I remind him again and again the same things every day, wash your hands and flush after going potty...
    Oooh, ooh, I have a handwashing song if you want me to teach it to you!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm having boudoir photos done. Shh...it's a surprise for Rich for Christmas.
    That's awesome and incredibly brave of you. I wonder if I even have a boudoir? And if so, how would it look in a leather teddy?

Aw Chrissy, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    OMG! How old will I have to be before this sort of stuff doesn't make me bawl with laughter?

On a saddish note, my dad went for a super-easy bike ride with me and Bodhi last Saturday and he fell 3 times. He looked so embarassed whenever he'd fall. I rode all the way home with him trying to act like I wasn't freaking out, just in case my worry was gonna throw his confidence and make him fall again. When we got home, he had over 30 cuts and scratches all over himself. Then last night, he dropped his new week-old video camera and broke it. He looked so sad and childlike, I cried when I went back into my room. My sister & I are going to buy him a replacement camera, but I don't know if we can make him stop kicking himself.
    That makes me sad. I think that was the hardest thing about my mom's illness. We were always trying downplay her forgetfullness and clumsiness. It was heartbreaking and exhausting.

ROFL Bridget and Stacy! I love your stories.
    I think I just need to change my perspective a little bit. Like, I don't realize how differently he thinks from an adult. The story about Savana licking the toy really helped. I feel awful for being hard on him sometimes. I went to my therapist today and she helped me understand that kind of thing too. She doesn't have kids but she seems to understand them.
    I'd love to know the handwashing song He catches on to songs so quick, I should really have a song for everything LOL
    He is so funny...he broke out into "Bad Romance" the other day...he doesn't know the actual words, but he knows the beginning that goes "Ra ra oh ma ma" or whatever...he knows it better than I do LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    My friends kids were over here once and you could tell something went amiss in the other room where the kids were so they all came running to where we were. My friend's husband said to his son "What happened?" and the son said, "Uhh, I think I want to tell Bridget."
    that's hilarious!

I'm sorry.

Oscar and Savannah are cracking me up! I can just imagine those two in a room together...

I'm so sorry. This must be so hard for you.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Ah, Myles, I know you've been concerned about your dad lately, and I'm sure that was not easy for either of you.

I love all the Savana and Oscar stories. I can't wait for Robbie to start talking. He already has such a great personality and is such a little clown, I just know he is going to fine a way to make me laugh every day--not that he doesn't already.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

I just got home from dinner with my dad and Kai got stung by a wasp right on his mouth while I was gone. He's sleeping but his mouth his huge. So swollen. My poor baby.

Poor Kai.

I don't know if it's in the air or what, but my dh has been disappointing me a lot lately. I know I can be hyper-sensitive and I try to not be critical, but tonight he did 5 things that made me wonder wtf? He's been in a bad mood for 2 days. I understand that happens to the best of us, and I'm not pretending that I'm always perfect and never grouchy...but honestly, I don't snap at the kids or treat them like dirt when I'm feeling grumpy.

He really shouted at Conner and made Conner cry. Rich was irritated because Conner has started peeing his pants again. I am frustrated too, but shouting is not going to help at all.

Then Sydney needed us both to sign something for her homework. Rich said, very sarcastic, "Why do I have to sign it?" and then he just watched the tv and totally ignored her while she stood next to his chair. I finally said, "RICHARD!" and he goes, "What? Can't it wait till a commercial?" Um...can you kindly indicate as much to your daughter so she doesn't feel like you're ignoring her? I'm ashamed he's acting this way, because it's not normal for him.

Finally, Sydney had to ask us questions about what we do for a living as part of her social studies homework. They were very general questions-like the line of work we were in and whether the economy impacted us or not. He got all bent out of shape and accused the school of prying and asking things that were none of their business.

Things have been pretty calm for over a month. I wonder if this is the beginning of another bad cycle. I do not have it in me to go through this garbage any more. I love him, but I'm out of patience.

Chrissy, I'm so sorry to hear this. Does he mood swing a lot? I really hoped after you said that he was so helpful at Conner's party that you got through to him.

Myles, excuse my pregnant brain. I was intending to console you about your dad, not Chrissy. Yeah. I can think these days.

Chrissy, I'm sorry dh is being a tool. And I can understand not having the patience... you just flat run out of it after a while.

Poor Kai. Bridget has he had an allergic reaction in the past?

No, he hasn't. But never been stung before. Dbf says that he was allergic as a child but he's been stung since I've known him and no reaction. Do you grow out of it?
    Either way I can't sleep because I keep having horrible scary thoughts of Kai's throat swelling while he's sleeping. Does the reaction immediately follow the sting, always?

I'd probably be worried too, unless I'd seen the swelling. If he was going to have trouble breathing, it would likely have happened right away. I'm sure you've been in there listening to his breathing, right? If it sounds okay, it probably is. You can always call his doc's office and ask a nurse? I probably would, but then, I'm MANIC.

I've been laying next to him with my hand on him, feeling him breath. I also keep turning the lights on to see if he has swelling or hives anywhere else. His upper lip is huge, but everything else looks normal. It happened four hours ago. I asked dbf if he pulled out the stinger and he said he didn't see one. I wonder if you'd see it for sure? Off to google.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I would think you'd see it by now. Any flushed appearance, rapid heartbeat, hives, wheezing, needs emergency care. Also a local reaction (per web MD) greater than fricken 10 inches across!!!!! Or a sting INSIDE the mouth or throat. I think on the outside of the lip it wouldn't count. I just saw to put a cold compress and/or an acidic solution like lemon juice or vinegar on it to help decrease the pain/swelling.

I'm not allergic, but the last time I got stung by a bee I got a little welt, so I can imagine that a wasp sting in a vascular area would cause more swelling.

Poor little guy.

And POKEY to your dh Chrissy. That would really bug me, too.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 09-29-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Oh, my, Lydia. Ten inches? I think I'd be in the ER for something half that!