Page 461 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3614114514594604614624634715115619611461 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,830 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

I'm glad she doesn't have to sing it!
    I think a lot of Christian music is beautiful, and I like country music, which frequently has a religious message. I just kind of ignore the message.

Hi secular ladies. I've been MIA while dealing with some lingering sadness.

In other news there are no less than 7 MOPS groups that meet up in my zip code, but every.single.one. meets at a Baptist church.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post

In other news there are no less than 7 MOPS groups that meet up in my zip code, but every.single.one. meets at a Baptist church.
    Hey there! Glad to see you back here! How are you doing? (HUGS)

I think the MOPS group in my area meets at a church too but I think I heard they don't do anything religious, do they?

Hey! Glad to see you. I think about you all the time.

I had my weekly dinner with my dad and brother last night. Afterwards I hung out at my brother's apt for a little while and he told me he's been having disturbing dreams about my mom. I asked him a little more about them and he said he thinks it all relates to how she was at the end.
    You see, she was in hospice care for about a week and I was still running my daycare so I wouldn't ever get there until around 4pm or so and by then she was in and out of sleep and pretty incoherent and hardly even knew who I was. During the day was different, however and I'd never heard the full extent to how bad it was. My brother told me that there were 2 days where she would wake up and just start screaming at my dad and my two my brothers. She wanted to know why they were doing this to her. Begging them to take her home. Trying to leave the room and screaming and crying that they were trying to kill her.

He just said it killed a little part of him. And he knows it did my dad too. Her just wanting this one thing from the people that love her most and not understanding why they just wouldn't take her home. He just kept saying she was so unbelievably scared and there was nothing they could do to make her understand they were trying to help her. And by the time we got her home she was so heavily medicated, who knows if she even knew she was there. So he has these horrible dreams that keep him up at night.

We were both just sobbing on his couch and it was really painful but theraputic at the same time. It's just such bs that the end has to be so painful and torturous for people suffering from diseases like cancer. And I understand assisted suicide as a compassionate thing so much more that I have seen how horrible it can be.
    Sorry for the ramble, ladies. My mind is overflowing this morning.
    Last edited by Bridget; 09-24-2010 at 05:54 AM.

Bridget, I'm so sorry.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

8. Default

Oh Bridget...to you and your brother! I can't even begin to imagine...

9. Default

Update on my dad --

They released him from the hospital after running a battery of tests. They are unable to explain his pain, and said as far as they can see he is the picture of health.....?

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    Update on my dad --

They released him from the hospital after running a battery of tests. They are unable to explain his pain, and said as far as they can see he is the picture of health.....?
    That's very strange!

Bridget, that's just awful.

Oh Bridget.

Ashley, sounds like that was good news about your dad. I believe that if it was truly his heart, the tests would have shown something.
    has he ever had a panic attack before? those can be just awful and my first one I was certain I was having a heart attack (I was at my heaviest at that point and heart problems run in the family so not out of the question even though I was early 20's).

Chrissy, glad to hear that things worked out with the choir song. Though O Holy Night is my very favorite xmas song (really all the religious ones are pretty much some of my favorites...kind of funny since I'm NOT religious LOL).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    (really all the religious ones are pretty much some of my favorites...kind of funny since I'm NOT religious LOL).
    You know... most of my favorite christmas songs are religious too..

I think the music is prettier than songs like Frosty, or jingle bells...

and I have no clue about the panic attacks... but they did say his blood pressure was sky high when he got in there... its was like 180/130 but they got it down
    Last edited by The10Eels; 09-24-2010 at 08:20 AM.

I have been feeling crabby the past few days. I'm irritated because I'm on freaking day five of spotting. I just checked the past year and I normally spot but usually 1-3 days before AF, not five. I'm tired of wearing pads (not at home but I do at work in case) and AF isn't even here yet. Now I will probably have to deal with it on the weekend. And it's day 29....so my second longest in three years of keeping track. My average is 25 days.
    Even work is irritating me and I'm not usually a person who gets annoyed easily......

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Chrissy, glad to hear that things worked out with the choir song. Though O Holy Night is my very favorite xmas song
    I know, I like that song too! But this wasn't about me, it was about her and the law is the law. I didn't even flinch when she told me the name because I want her knowing that I stand behind her no matter what my personal likes/dislikes are.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    and I have no clue about the panic attacks... but they did say his blood pressure was sky high when he got in there... its was like 180/130 but they got it down
    I think panic attacks can raise a person's blood pressure and they definitely can feel just like a heart attack. I remember one of the therapists I worked with left the office in an ambulance because he thought he was having a heart attack...but it wasn't. It was anxiety. You'd think a therapist of all people would 'know' the difference, but the reality is the symptoms can be identical. I feel it's much better to be safe rather than sorry and I'm glad he went.

Do you know if he has a follow-up appointment?

I have been feeling crabby the past few days. I'm irritated because I'm on freaking day five of spotting. I just checked the past year and I normally spot but usually 1-3 days before AF, not five. I'm tired of wearing pads (not at home but I do at work in case) and AF isn't even here yet. Now I will probably have to deal with it on the weekend. And it's day 29....so my second longest in three years of keeping track. My average is 25 days.
    Even work is irritating me and I'm not usually a person who gets annoyed easily......
    I hope the crabbiness leaves you soon. It sucks feeling that way.

Big hugs, Bridget. Our neighbor and close family friend just lost his battle with lung cancer after 6 months of being diagnosed...he said in the beginning that he wanted to die at home...his family was not able to care for him near the end, so he went in to the hospice...he pretty much did like you said your mother did and shouted at his family and pleaded with them to take him home...it's horrible that cancer takes people like that.

Bridget, that is such a sad memory. I'm sorry. When I remember losing a loved one who had brain cancer and went out screaming and ranting and cussing, I try to think about that poem that goes "rage, rage against the dying of the light" and it makes me feel a little better to think he didn't go out without a fight.

Molly/Abbeysmom, it's nice to see you getting out and about on APA again, friend.

Ash - I hope your dad gets some answers soon, but for now no news is good news, I think.
    Last edited by demigraf; 09-24-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Bridget, that is such a sad memory. I'm sorry. When I remember losing a loved one who had brain cancer and went out screaming and ranting and cussing, I try to think about that poem that goes "rage, rage against the dying of the light" and it makes me feel a little better to think he didn't go out without a fight.
    Can you share the name of the poem? I like that. I'll share it with my brother. Thank you.

Ash, I'm really glad your dad is likely okay. I'm sorry I didn't mention it in my earlier post.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Do you know if he has a follow-up appointment?
    He does... He is taking the weekend off work to relax, and might go up to the cabin... and then he has an appointment on monday with his regular doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Ash, I'm really glad your dad is likely okay. I'm sorry I didn't mention it in my earlier post.
    Thanks and don't worry about it! You have alot on your plate right now too!!

That poem is "Do Not Go Gentle in to that Good Night" by Dylan Thomas.

Thank you. I totally spaced on the name/author of the poem.

http://wonderingminstrels.blogspot.c...ood-night.html
    Last edited by demigraf; 09-24-2010 at 12:55 PM.

22. Default

I confess I totally didn't even think to ask Audrianna what she would like to be for Halloween... I just planned the girls costumes (Audri is a ringmaster/lion tamer and Charlie is a lion)

Just now we were talking about Halloween, and I was trying to get her to say "Trick or Treat" when my mom asked her what she wanted to be....

"RINA!"

She wants to be a ballerina...

Awww...well ballerina outfits aren't too expensive, right? You could get her one, and keep the lion tamer one too. BTW kids tend to change their minds a lot about Halloween costumes--at least Josh does! I bought a pirate costume and a Thomas costume. I figure he can use both for regular dress up play at home.

24. Default

Shes got like 6 tutus.. She's a ballerina at home ALL THE TIME! lol

Oh, so you're all set! lol

I confess I semi-deliberately picked a job where I would almost always be the dumbest person in the room - you know, for the challenge of it and all. But, man, some days, it's just really ego-bruising to be that guy asking all the dumb questions and having people looking at you wondering if the elevator's ever gonna reach the top floor. Today is one of those days.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    I confess I semi-deliberately picked a job where I would almost always be the dumbest person in the room - you know, for the challenge of it and all. But, man, some days, it's just really ego-bruising to be that guy asking all the dumb questions and having people looking at you wondering if the elevator's ever gonna reach the top floor. Today is one of those days.

Unfortunately, I can relate to that feeling very well.

So can I!
    I figure, if they hire me for the job, they must think I'm smart enough, right? But especially at my last cooking job, I was way in over my head. I don't know why they didn't just cut me loose. Probably because it was easier to deal with me than to train someone new.

Bridget, I am so sorry.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

30. Default

I confess I don't do it very often, but I yelled out the truck at people riding their bikes today...

There were 4 of them riding in the middle of the road, and taking their sweet @ss time... The road was a frontage road right by the main road in town, and there was a sidewalk right there... but instead of utilizing the sidewalk, they were stopping traffic.

As I passed I rolled down the window and yelled "There IS a sidewalk!" and the dad yells back "Where?!" So as I passed the mom, I yelled again and pointed. "RIGHT THERE!"
    My mom was all "Maybe he didnt want his kids that close to the main road?" So he'd rather have them on an ACTUAL road, that gets just as busy as the main road?????

I must be PMSing or something because it pissed me off so bad that I was shaking. And the logical Ashley knows its really not THAT big of a deal..