Page 454 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3544044444524534544554564645045549541454 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,620 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I confess I took a swipe at god in my due date room. Couldn't help it: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...post1057749822

Eh, all kids smoke a little pot. In my opinion, it's far safer than them having a few beers, and it gives you the opportunity to show tolerance and discuss it with them. I'm not surprised they didn't tell you, even considering your relationship. I mean it IS illegal and you ARE their mom.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I'm not surprised they didn't tell you, even considering your relationship. I mean it IS illegal and you ARE their mom.
    I know. I think I was more surprised because of their seemingly truthful statements about never wanting to do it, try it, or have anything to do with it.

I did use the opportunity to stress using protection. Since they both also adamantly deny having sex, I thought I better err on the side of caution and assume they're doing that too. Or maybe doing it.

I'm afraid I didn't come across as very tolerant. I'm so afraid that smoking pot even once might get them in trouble with school or potential jobs. Especially Bobbie. She's at the brink of applying for colleges at the end of this year, and has been applying for jobs for a couple months now. She's so bright and really does have a lot of potential. I don't want something stupid like this being a roadblock for her.

Off to lurk in your thread....

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Chrissy, don't fret it too much. Make sure Bobbie knows that there's an off chance she might get tested pre-job, but the likelihood is pretty slim. And do colleges test? Dunno about that. She can also plead that she's out of the country for 30 days and then have her test done.

I think you handled it (in your dd room) very tactfully Stacy. I tend to get bent when someone says something is/was in god's hands.

As for my kids pot thing...it's done and over. I grounded them for 2 weeks, did my speech and they know how I feel. I'm not going to harp on it or continue to bring it up. I'll still trust them.

Chrissy, don't fret it too much. Make sure Bobbie knows that there's an off chance she might get tested pre-job, but the likelihood is pretty slim. And do colleges test? Dunno about that. She can also plead that she's out of the country for 30 days and then have her test done.
    I don't think the colleges test, but most the minimum wage places around here do drug screen. Some will even demand a drug test if you're injured on the job and if you test positive you're not eligible for worker's compensation...you get fired instead.

See and I think that's nuts. Minimum wage? Maybe if she was driving a BUS.

I hate that god sh*t too. It's god's plan or god's will....GMAFB. I must be a really awful person than for it to not be god's will or plan for DH and I have to kids.
    I do buy into maybe there is a reason we aren't getting pg in over 3 years of trying but that would be more along the lines of maybe something in our genes is clashing or something and that is why we aren't willing to do things like IVF (that and we aren't rich enough to afford it and with me being overweight I know that brings down the success rate of IVF anyway). I know us and know we are better off having no baby than having one with something severe wrong with it.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I never smoked pot and I never drank before I was 21. Though I admit now I like the alcohol a bit too much. Basically for right now I'm not keeping it in the house and it's been almost 2 weeks since I had any. I did buy a normal sized bottle of wine for this weekend but I got a reisling that DH will drink too instead of the pinot noir that is my favorite but he doesn't care for so much. And no brandy. I promised I wouldn't get any until Thanksgiving when my inlaws come up and we can have drinks while we play games. My MIL is awesome and fun and my FIL is like maybe 41 or 42 and I'm 32 and DH is almost 34 so not all that much older than us! LOL
    Yeah back to pot, I'm too chicken to do anything illegal. I think it should be legal though. And i would probably try it than but maybe not. I don't need anything giving me munchies....it's hard enough trying to not snack so much sober.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

See and I think that's nuts. Minimum wage? Maybe if she was driving a BUS.
    I totally agree.

I don't think less of your girls, Chrissy. I think it's better that they experiment now, rather than be like me and never try it and still wonder at 31 what it's like to get high. I'm not even sure I know what the stuff smells like. It wouldn't ruin their lives now if they were unable to get a job if they got tested for pot. It may ruin their lives later if they are still into it when they go to college, or get out of college.
    I confess tomorrow's our anniversary and I just went out yesterday and got him a couple silly books. I got the card today (it's a very cute, fitting card though). Since we've been struggling so much lately, my heart wasn't in it when it came to finding an anniversary present. I feel bad about that and I hope he didn't get me anything really amazing either, LOL

I like what you said in your thread too, Stacy.

You know it's going to be a great birthday when the first thing you do upon waking up is call the police.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess tomorrow's our anniversary and I just went out yesterday and got him a couple silly books. I got the card today (it's a very cute, fitting card though). Since we've been struggling so much lately, my heart wasn't in it when it came to finding an anniversary present. I feel bad about that and I hope he didn't get me anything really amazing either, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    You know it's going to be a great birthday when the first thing you do upon waking up is call the police.
    What happened?

I'll post later. But it isn't good.

Gwenn, I'm worried. I hope everything is okay. Happy Birthday.

Kate, I hope you guys have a good anniversary in spite of everything.

Stacy, I also think you handled if fine although now I want to go in and see if you got any slack for it. I get a lot of God comments regarding my mom's death and I don't say anything at all. I just can't believe that some people actually think it would make me feel better that she's "with God now". Really? I want her with me.

Chrissy, . You're kind of getting hit with a lot of teenage stuff at once, eh? I have to confess that, of course depending on other factors, I don't think I'll be too freaked out if my kids smoke pot. Except for the illegal part of it. That concerns me. I'd honestly rather see them doing that than drinking. And I speak from experience on both counts.

My dad is going to a Packer game this weekend. I'm really glad he's going. He told me last night he's finally getting to the point where he doesn't feel horrible and guilty about doing things with my mom gone. He also said he's starting to be able to see past her horrible suffering at the end and remember the good times. That really made me so happy for him. I'm not there yet.

Aw Bridget, I'm glad your dad is coping well. Gwenn, I'm worried too! Hope you're okay.
    Thanks Chrissy! DH has today through Monday off. Today has been good. I dropped off Josh at preschool and pretended DH was going to work like normal, then he came with me to pick up Josh. Josh was so happy (and confused, LOL). We went out to lunch and now we're watching Monsters, Inc.

That's so sweet that you surprised him like that!

I'll send you guys a PM in a moment.

Gwen, I too hope everything is ok.
    Happy Anniversary Kate...hope you guys continue to have a good weekend!
    Bridget, it's good to hear that your dad is doing ok. Good for him getting tickets to a Packer game.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    My dad is going to a Packer game this weekend. I'm really glad he's going. He told me last night he's finally getting to the point where he doesn't feel horrible and guilty about doing things with my mom gone. He also said he's starting to be able to see past her horrible suffering at the end and remember the good times. That really made me so happy for him. I'm not there yet.
    That's really awesome.

I PM'd you guys about what happened. If anyone else wants a copy of the PM, let me know.

Bridget, that is awesome about your dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I PM'd you guys about what happened. If anyone else wants a copy of the PM, let me know.
    I hope there's a resolution to that soon.

I'll update you guys as I can.

I'm so angry for you.

I confess I'm feeling kinda crabby. I decided to continue with Jess's party because 1) it's too much work to reschedule everything and 2) I really don't think the pot thing was that big of a deal to cancel her party over.

She's supposed to have a slumber party Saturday night. For some reason I'm sure I was told but can't recall now, one girl had to come tonight. Initially, I was going to meet her parents at 8 or 8:30...but now it's been pushed back till 9:30. I'm so tired now. I just want to drink a glass or two of wine, watch my cheesy Netflix rental (Valentines Day) and go to bed.

Now I'm going to have teens that aren't mine from now (Friday) through Sunday. I know it'll be fine and I'll end up having fun, but right at this moment I'm tired and feeling a little resentful that I can't just be lazy.

Jess turns 16 on the 21st. You ladies with small kids will be amazed at how fast yours will get here. My own children grew up in 1/4 the time it took me to grow up. How unfair for them, they're childhood didn't take as long as mine did.

LOL Chrissy!
    I still have a hard time believing it will go by fast. When I look back it seems quick but day to day can be endless.

It seriously blows my mind when I think of Bobbie and Jessica being little...it feels like it was just a few short years ago.

Chrissy, I think about that all the time. How quickly it's all going to go and how little time I really have with these moments we have now. Like, it scares me. I am thankful I can see it that way though. It really makes it so I don't take anything for granted. I always take moments to just stop and watch them and imprint in my memory how they are now.
    It's part of what breaks my heart about dbf. He takes it all for granted. Before he knows it they are going to be grown ups and he's going to wish he'd just sat on the floor more often.

Bobbie was talking about going trick-or-treating with her boyfriend this year. My first thought was, "this is my last year having 4 kids to take trick or treating." This is our last year for many things...it's sad for me. I mean, I'm happy and excited about Bobbie growing up and going to college, but I will definitely miss her a great deal.

Aw jeez you guys, I've had a couple drinks and you're going to make me cry. LOL