Page 448 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3483984384464474484494504584985489481448 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,440 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

WTFWTFWTF?
    I totally remember when that happened. What a sh!tty human. Talk about no ethics or morals.

So no what? Will you have to drive to another town?

Yep, looks like. The issue is that although other OBs do ultrasounds, my MW isn't sure if they can actually evaluate cord blood flow, which she likes to have done (and so would I). I have a perinatologist in Bozeman, but that's a 3+ hour drive. It looks like I might be able to do it in Kalispell, which is only 2 hours, but it's still two hours.

I'm really trying not to be angry. I don't want to be. I'd like to egg his house, is what I'd like to do, but mostly I'd just like to have COMPETENT COMPASSIONATE CARE. *******.

I don't remember, why did he refuse you care during your miscarriage? And why is he refusing now? I'm so sorry. I'm angry for you.

When we found out I was miscarrying, I asked him to discuss options with me about terminating the pregnancy. He knew we had no OB selected (we were only 5-6 weeks along). He refused to discuss it with me, refused me care, and tried to tell me I'd have to "call around" to see if someone would see me. Someone suggested maybe he's against pregnancy termination or doesn't do the procedures, but he could have told me that and referred me when we found out things looked like they were going south, instead of waiting until I was miscarrying.

I was lucky, my PCP is also a women's clinic who performs abortions, so I called them. Had I not had them, I'd have been stuck calling OBs who knew me not at all, explaining what was going on and hoping, maybe, to get in with one of them.

He's refusing me now because I filed a complaint. I'm trying to figure out if that's actually legal.

On the positive side, I found a radiology clinic locally to do the BPP.

That's terrible! I'm glad you found someone local though.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post

He's refusing me now because I filed a complaint. I'm trying to figure out if that's actually legal.
    In my state that is totally legal. Providers can "fire" patients just as much as a patient can "fire" their doctor. My uncle had his care once terminated by a doctor he had seen for years for his AIDS...I don't know all the details but I do know my uncle can be a big PITA at times and they probably just got into it about something. They were just much better off not working together....and really your healthcare should be teamwork between you and the provider.

Honestly I can see why he would refuse to see you this time (the first time, NO EXCUSE though). It would seem like a big conflict of interest and I think that you are much better off not having to be near a provider like that.

I think that the only time a provider cannot refuse care would be if it was something like an emergency situation at a hospital.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

that's just disgusting about that doctor. I'd want to egg his house, too.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

That dr sounds awful Stacy. You'll be better off seeing someone else.

Jennifer is correct about dr's being able to 'fire' their patients though. It does happen fairly frequently. At least, it's legal in NY and in general office situations...I'm sure not so in the ER.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I'm actually feeling very crummy and frustrated. Conner still sleeps with Rich and I most nights, although he's had a few nights where he's wanted to be a 'big boy' and sleep in his own bed (it's still in our room). He's also started having accidents and Rich has repeatedly told Conner that he was going to have to sleep in his own bed because he peed in ours.

*sigh* I don't know how many times I've told Rich that he cannot make his 'big boy' bed sound like a punishment, that he needs to think of another way of phrasing things so that Conner actually wants to sleep in his own bed.

Tonight Rich said it again and I blew up at him. I'm so sick and tired of repeating myself about this. I must have hit a nerve with him because he actually went to bed without kissing me goodnight, and that's something he always does even if he's a bit sore at me.

I don't care. He's acting like a child, and I'm getting so sick of it I feel like I can't even stand him.

Chrissy, I'm so sorry. I hate that feeling of just feeling so gd tired of of the same old bs.

That's how I feel pretty much every day. I understand having to repeat things to a 3 year old. I just wish I didn't have to repeat everything to DH too.

That freakin sucks, Chrissy. You're completely right that dh can't do that, it's not helpful or healthy. Blech.

I'm definitely better off going to someone else. Now my concern is that our OBs take turns on call for surgery at the hospital. What if the off chance happens, I need an emergency cs and he's on call?

Stacy, that is not going to happen. I can't. It just can't.

Talk about the day from hell today. It started off great. Our theme right now is A for apples so all week we've been doing apple stuff. Today we made a beautiful apple pie. Well, okay, maybe the beautiful was more of an eye of the beholder thing. But it was going to be delicious.Well we went outside where this one little boy whose mom buys his shoes 2 sizes too big so they constantly fall off and then gets upset with me because his socks are dirty, came up to me with one no shoes and one sock. I spent the entire 45 minutes looking for that dang sock and never found it. Dbf was outside so I asked him to watch the kids for me real quick so I could preheat the oven for the pie and start my water boiling for lunchtime noodles. I had it planned perfectly so the pie would be ready to eat just as we finished lunch. I went back out, we cleaned up and came inside. Well I turned on the front burner instead of the back burner and the pie in the glass pie dish was sitting on that burner and the glass broke and burst everywhere, the pie was seconds away from being on fire and smoking horribly.
    Thank goodness dbf was here to power vac the mess and get me fans to run to clear the smoke. It was horrible. Not to mention 5 crying children who wanted apple pie after lunch. To make it up to them I told them I'd clean the whole classroom. They got out of clean up today and I'm off to make a new pie while they sleep.
    How could I do something so careless? I'm losing my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Stacy, that is not going to happen. I can't. It just can't.

Talk about the day from hell today. It started off great. Our theme right now is A for apples so all week we've been doing apple stuff. Today we made a beautiful apple pie. Well, okay, maybe the beautiful was more of an eye of the beholder thing. But it was going to be delicious.Well we went outside where this one little boy whose mom buys his shoes 2 sizes too big so they constantly fall off and then gets upset with me because his socks are dirty, came up to me with one no shoes and one sock. I spent the entire 45 minutes looking for that dang sock and never found it. Dbf was outside so I asked him to watch the kids for me real quick so I could preheat the oven for the pie and start my water boiling for lunchtime noodles. I had it planned perfectly so the pie would be ready to eat just as we finished lunch. I went back out, we cleaned up and came inside. Well I turned on the front burner instead of the back burner and the pie in the glass pie dish was sitting on that burner and the glass broke and burst everywhere, the pie was seconds away from being on fire and smoking horribly.
    Thank goodness dbf was here to power vac the mess and get me fans to run to clear the smoke. It was horrible. Not to mention 5 crying children who wanted apple pie after lunch. To make it up to them I told them I'd clean the whole classroom. They got out of clean up today and I'm off to make a new pie while they sleep.
    I confess, you are human. That's how. but now I want some apple pie!
    I finally made a blog!

Yikes! Well how fortunate that you all were outside when the glass broke, and the pie didn't catch fire! Sorry it got ruined though

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Yikes! Well how fortunate that you all were outside when the glass broke, and the pie didn't catch fire! Sorry it got ruined though
    Well, it's in a separate room from the daycare so we wouldn't have been in there but still, yeah, better we were far away.

Stacy, I agree with Bridget...that just cannot happen.

And Bridget, I did the exact same thing with a meatloaf once, only I was standing at the stove when it exploded. It sounded like a gun shot and I was hit in the chest with large chunks of glass. For an instant, I honestly thought someone shot me through the wall and I looked down to see a hole in my chest and blood...you can imagine my relief when there wasn't any! It took me a moment to realize what happened.

Aw Bridget, don't be so hard on yourself.

I talked to the asshat doctor's nurse and she informed me that he doesn't do a general ob rotation, so there's no way I'll get stuck with him at the hospital. Phew.

Back in another lifetime (LOL) I didn't know that pyrex wasn't supposed to go directly on heat. I was trying to make a sauce out of drippings in the pan and I put it right on the stovetop. You can guess what happened...

What a relief Stash! I'm glad you called them and asked.

I'm glad you called and asked about the doctor. Nothing like peace of mind. But if he did do an OB rotation, legally he couldn't deny you care in an emergency. Not that he seems to care much about that for what it's worth.

Bridget, I'm so sorry. I'm sad and frustrated for you. But don't be too hard on yourself, it does happen.

I confess I lost my patience with Gwennie this morning. I had a broom propped up against the wall and Nero ran past and knocked it over, making a loud noise. I got up to let the dogs out and Nero followed me but Gwennie didn't. She's usually right at my heels and Nero's a little arthritic so I couldn't figure out why she wasn't there. Turns out she did not want to walk past that broom. She was terrified. I tried to walk with her to show her it was okay, and she wouldn't go with me. I tried to take her by the collar, and she crouched back and tried to get away from me. Now, if this were an autistic child I would totally have moved the broom and I can't honestly say why I didn't but I just got upset with her and yelled. I had to move the broom anyway before she would come outside. I feel so bad about it. She's always been afraid of everything and I know that - I call her my "special needs dog." I should have been more understanding.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Aww, it's okay. Is she usually afraid of that broom?
    If dogs are anything like kids it's totally normal to lose your patience with them LOL

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Have I mentioned my dh has a PhD and he did the same thing with a Pyrex pan and some backyard chemistry experiments? It shattered all over the back porch, and we were cleaning up the mess for weeks. Thank goodness nobody was hurt.

Stacy, I'm glad you have no chance of running into that doctor professionally. Unfortunately, in a small town, you'll have to think about running into him personally, but now you can plan ahead.

It was before I got my phd, but I exploded a pyrex lid out of pure carelessness. Norah was home at the time too. Scorched the floor and everything (we're getting it replaced soon, guess its good that I ruined it before we installed the new one). I beat myself up big time thinking about if Norah had been in the room. Arg.

Duedes. I'm having a hard time remembering to come back here and check in now that I'm "allowed" again. I got used to not coming around, I guess. But here I am: Friday night with a glass of wine. Just like old times.

Oh, hey, I forgot to update: Norah finally weaned, uber-gently, about a month after her third birthday. YAY! I felt like a mofo bf'ing HERO. I should really go tell the BF'ing forum, but I'm scared to venture out of here right now.
    Norah! (3 yr)

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Maggie, I've had a glass of wine too and I'm feeling all sloppy and sentimental. What a great bf accomplishhhhhhhment!

Oh and hey, can I see a new picture? How old is that one?

You are a hero. I know, having bfed Oscar until shortly before.his third bday. That was incredibly hard work. Go mama!

I know, I know, that picture is so old. That was may 2009. bad show-off mama! I haven't uploaded a thing to photobucket since then. I have to figure out a new system. I'll work on it. Norah is so much more grown up now. She was adorable the day I defended. She was all serious about saying "good luck" and kept messing up saying "p h d" - dhp? pdd? Like, WHAT are you talking about mother, this makes NO sense.

I had the most ridiculous pregnancy scare the week of my defense. I was *sure* I was pregnant and peed on many a stick, even though we didn't even dtd when I was particularly fertile. I just felt pregnant, and thought it would be a really annoying time to be pregnant - and that is when I seem to end up pregnant. But I wasn't - just neurotic, I guess.
    Norah! (3 yr)

I feel like I don't know many people in Secular anymore, and definitely haven't kept up with this thread, but I hope it's ok if I pop in to congratulate maggie on both her doctorate and for bf-ing for so long. You are Dr. Rockstar in my book.

I confess I've been lurking in here the last couple days, as I've had way more time for APA again once I started working. Hope all you ladies are feelin' fine.

BTW, I've heard of hysterical pregnancies, maggie, but it's the first I've heard of a neurotic one. ;)

stash, that doctor sounds really spiteful, and a bit of a jerk. I'd be glad I have other options, mama.