Page 445 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3453954354434444454464474554955459451445 ... LastLast
Results 13,321 to 13,350 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Yay for some you time! That's awesome!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I. am. so. jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Congratulations, Maggie! We have missed you!

Gwenn - that is unacceptable. I would be losing my spit!

I have been on vacation, which is so frickin' exhausting that I haven't had the energy to be very active in here. My dh is taking JoJo to the in-laws for the weekend, which means two entire days and night ALL BY MYSELF for the first time in over three years. Even the dog is going - the only ones left will be me and my cat. Just like old times. I'm beyond thrilled.
    Oh, what I wouldn't give.

I was just cleaning up the kitchen and could hear Kai and Savana giggling away in his room and then she said, "I'll be right back. I'm going to go check out Mommy and make sure she's having fun too." How sweet! Then she came into the kitchen and just said, "Hey, Mom.

She's checking on me!

That's so cute!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget is just the sweetest girl!

Katy, add me to the jealous club.

Stacy, hang in there!

Gwenn, I hope you get back pay + time and suffering.

Dr. Maggie--woooooo hoooooo!! Congratulations! What's next? Postdoc? Ha! Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    And I confess, I am so pregnant. I am at that ohmygodnonotanothermonth point.
    I remember that. I hope it passes without too much discomfort for you.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Hi Dr. Maggie. I wasn't posting in here before you took your break, but I remember you from other areas of the forum. Welcome back, and congratulations.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

Alone time sounds great!

And awww Bridget, your kids are just amazing!

I confess I went out last night. And I had an excellent time.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Congrats, Dr. Maggie!

I had my baby, y'all! Another boy for me! Cash Henry. He's so tiny...it's weird getting used to the newborness again. I'm lovin it, though!

Hooray for Cash Henry!!! How was your birth?

Welcome Cash Henry!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Congratulations to you and your family! Happy birthday Cash Henry!

14. Default

Welcome to the world baby Cash!!

I love his name!

Thanks, y'all! Here's his birth story if you're interested:
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...d.php?t=275219

Congratulations!!

Welcome, Cash Henry! Congrats!

He is so handsome. Congratulations Momma!

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid

Congrats!

Welcome to the world, Cash! Off to read the birth story!

He is so beautiful!!

I wanted to share yet another parent-child interaction in my lovely town.
    Two children about 4 and 6 playing while mom sits on the bench and just yells at them over and over and over for everything they do. Not one pleasant interaction. So the little brother throws sand at his sister and then the sister whips a handful back into his face. Little brother starts crying and looks at mom who says, "That's karma, baby. Karma. Didn't I warn you about that?" And then she looks over at me and smiles this conspiratorial smile like I get exactly what she's talking about and wasn't that clever of her.
    Um, not to get into semantics but isn't that more like....revenge?

That's not karma, it's poor parenting.

I would have given her my best I'm-disgusted-by-your-"parenting" face back. I hope there is a responsible adult somewhere in their lives who can properly teach them how to be nice.

I do not want to deal with professors that cannot learn how to make their laptop 'talk' to their classroom projectors. It's always the same few that seem to have trouble. I am beyond frustrated with this right now. I think they should have to take a class. I'll help once. Heck, I'll help twice. But this particular instructor has had me in her classroom at least a dozen times since January. Enough already!

Josh's first day of preschool.
    He seemed to have fun--I'm sure it was a little bit frazzling for all. I sent in a form I found out the nurse needed at the last minute. I told her I needed the original back and it did not get sent back, so I left a note in his folder for tomorrow. Plus they folded his folder in half so it would fit in his backpack! I got him one of those toddler sized backpacks, not knowing he needed to bring a big folder back and forth every day (for artwork, paperwork, etc)
    He said "We went to the bathroom a couple times, and we played and had circle time and had a snack"
    After I dropped him off I didn't know what to do with myself. I went to Starbucks and bought myself a book at Target, came home and cleaned a little, browsed, watched some tv, tried to read but couldn't concentrate! I missed the little guy! But I think he's going to have a great time.
    And yes I teared up a little bit, but the whole dropoff was sort of businesslike and quick, so I didn't have time to get too mushy!

So glad Josh's first day (and yours ) went well! I love that he just gave you the basics.
    All this talk on the boards of everyone's kids starting preschool and 4k gives me a tiny little twinge that maybe Savana is missing out on being with kids her own age. All of the children I cared for that were her age are now in a 4k program. I just know that I can teach her everything and I'm here anyway in a preschool environment. I've asked her a few times if she'd like to take the bus and be in a class with all 4 year olds like her and she says she's not ready. That's okay. Neither am I.

I'm open to homeschooling for as long as it works. I just don't want them to ever feel like I took something away from them, experience wise.

Bridget, Oscar has started saying he wants to go to school. It sorta breaks my heart, because I'd actually prefer he NOT go to school (for Oh So Many Reasons), but I'll never keep him at home if he wants the experience. That said, I'm not "letting" him go to preschool until the late winter/early spring because that's just too much change in his/our life at one time. He can start in January if he's still ready to go. He's super excited about kindergarten, though, and I love the school we'll send him to... but in some ways, I wish he just wanted to be schooled at home. It's not like he's not around kids his age. I mean jeebus, the kid has three classes this week alone, plus play time with friends...

And oh, the thing that kills me most about "real school?" He'll spend THIRTY HOURS A WEEK THERE. Why, to prepare him for a fulltime job later in life? I don't like the amount of time he'll be in someone else's environment, vs. mine, as a small child. Ya know?

I think homeschooling is wonderful when it's done right. I have no doubt that Bridget and Stacy are awesome teachers. I just don't think I could do it.