Page 444 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3443944344424434444454464544945449441444 ... LastLast
Results 13,291 to 13,320 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

I really admire your dedication and spirit Bridget. Best of luck, you deserve to have an easy breastfeeding experience. If only it were up to me...

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Go meet with the lc before birth. What about using a shield? I think Jenn did with her kids and had luck?

Go meet with the lc before birth. What about using a shield? I think Jenn did with her kids and had luck?

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Oh Julie! How could anyone be snotty to you? They must be awful people.
    These were the same ones who offered Rhianna a 40oz of Vodka for her 16th birthday and covered for her when she was up to no good...there are a lot of things that I could complain about, that I think would stop them in their tracks (such as allowing their 15 yr old to drive thier car...drunk...and supplying alcohol to all their 13 yr olds friends) but I REALLY don't want to go there...yet...
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

We've finally moved in to our house! I've been having very strong braxton hicks (feeling like period pains) since yesterday and have been losing some mucusy type stuff today, so I'm hoping things will get moving soon....looks like we might have moved in right on time!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    We've finally moved in to our house! I've been having very strong braxton hicks (feeling like period pains) since yesterday and have been losing some mucusy type stuff today, so I'm hoping things will get moving soon....looks like we might have moved in right on time!
    Ooo, how exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannasmoms43 View Post
    These were the same ones who offered Rhianna a 40oz of Vodka for her 16th birthday and covered for her when she was up to no good...there are a lot of things that I could complain about, that I think would stop them in their tracks (such as allowing their 15 yr old to drive thier car...drunk...and supplying alcohol to all their 13 yr olds friends) but I REALLY don't want to go there...yet...
    Oh lord. They sound wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Yay and yahoooo!!!!

We're just hanging out here today...having a bbq and bonfire. Rich's sister and my brother are hanging out and staying over. We plan on having some drinks and it's really nice out. Should be fun!

I confess, I'm in bed on dh's phone, and he is in the other room on the laptop. I can hear Robbie crying on the babymonitor, which is in the other room with dh. But I'm pretending I don't hear him, so dh has to take care of him. It's almost 1 am, and I'm exhausted. I wish I was asleep, but I cannot fall asleep without dh in bed with me.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

Sorry Shannah Josh kept waking up last night and after I got up twice I kicked DH to go check on him. Why do they always think it's our job?

I have to say Rich got better about that, but he did have his moments. One time when Sydney was about 4 months old I had a really difficult time with her at night. I was exhausted and she was so fussy. I tried to wake him up for help and he just laid in bed and yelled at her, "Sydney! Go to sleep!!"

Um, yeah. Thanks for all the help.

Dbf would never, ever, ever get up with the kids. But now Kai always asks for him at bedtime and in the middle night so he has no choice. I love it.

Dh actually got up and helped Robbie pretty soon after I finished posting. And then he finally came into the room so I could sleep. I am happy dh was able to help Robbie, but he keeps staying out on the computer until 1am or later and no matter what I can't fall asleep without him. I need my sleep

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid

Could your DH come lie down with you until you fall asleep and then he could get up and play on the computer?
    I know I'd be completely dysfunctional if I stayed up until 1 a.m. all the time!

We're the exact opposite here. Rich has always been an early-to-bed kinda guy, whereas I'm the night owl. In the beginning, he used to really try to get me to come to bed with him but not any more. Honestly, I used to resent him trying to 'make' me come to bed with him. It wasn't comfortable for me. Now, if I do get up early with him (very, very rare) he teases me about disturbing his quiet time. That's how I felt back then when he'd want me to come to bed before I was ready. I just really, really like my 'me' time and it happens to be after 11 or 12 at night.

15. Default

I confess I accidentally dropped my phone in the toilet last night... Its still working, but not to its fullest potential..

so I just went on ebay and got an LG Dare... I've been wanting this phone for 2 years, and now theres no one to tell me no!

Yay!
    The nurse from Josh's preschool called me this afternoon and told me that Josh still needs some paperwork from the doctor before he can start school on Tuesday.

We're the exact opposite here. Rich has always been an early-to-bed kinda guy, whereas I'm the night owl. In the beginning, he used to really try to get me to come to bed with him but not any more. Honestly, I used to resent him trying to 'make' me come to bed with him. It wasn't comfortable for me. Now, if I do get up early with him (very, very rare) he teases me about disturbing his quiet time. That's how I felt back then when he'd want me to come to bed before I was ready. I just really, really like my 'me' time and it happens to be after 11 or 12 at night.
    This is us exactly.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess I accidentally dropped my phone in the toilet last night... Its still working, but not to its fullest potential..

so I just went on ebay and got an LG Dare... I've been wanting this phone for 2 years, and now theres no one to tell me no!
    Yay for dropping your phone in the sh!tter then?

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Yay!
    The nurse from Josh's preschool called me this afternoon and told me that Josh still needs some paperwork from the doctor before he can start school on Tuesday.
    Ugh. I'm racing the clock with Bobbie's paperwork too, but in my case it's all my fault. The end of the summer just snuck right up on me. I still don't know if Owego is going to allow her to attend, and they start on Wednesday!!

The issue now is she needs the person she's going to be 'living' with to sign a form, and she made excuses yesterday about why she couldn't meet with her. I can understand if she doesn't want to do it, but I wish she'd just say so. I talked to them over the weekend and they were absolutely agreeable and even supportive about it.

I would be fine with him if that were the case. But he is waaay too tired. He is fighting sleep the whole time, and then he is cranky in the mornings.

That would probably annoy me too. I'm not a morning person, but I do get up and take care of stuff (like the kids) when I have to. That's part of being a grown-up.

Now that I have a job where I have to be there at 8:00 am and it takes an hour to ride the bus 15 miles, I do try to go to bed between 10 and 11, but I almost never actually fall asleep before midnight. I don't think it's possible...unless I'm sick.

I'm still up until 1-3 am every Friday and Saturday night though.

I could seriously go to bed every night at 9pm. I'm up at 6am every morning and even on the weekends I'm lucky if the kids sleep until 7 ish. But I force myself to stay up to either read, prepare food for the next day, or watch movies with dbf since that is our absolute only alone time and if we didn't have that I think our relationship would be pretty much nothing since the hours the kids are awake are spent mostly me hanging with them and him on his computer.

Um, Hi guys. I said I would be back when I was all done with school, and as of yesterday, I am. Wheee! You can now all call me Dr.

Anyway....its been quite a while. What did I miss?
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Um, Hi guys. I said I would be back when I was all done with school, and as of yesterday, I am. Wheee! You can now all call me Dr.

Ohhhh, nothin much.
    I missed ya!

Ooo hi Dr. Maggie!

Bridget, I'm like you. Out by 9 or 10, up by 6 or 7.

And I confess, I am so pregnant. I am at that ohmygodnonotanothermonth point.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post

Congratulations!!!

Congrats Maggie! We missed you!

Congrats Dr. Maggie! So glad you're back!

I confess - remember I posted about being put on a different salary schedule, meaning I basically get a raise? Got my first paycheck of the new year today and I'm paid at last year's rate. Called HR who immediately tranferred me to payroll without even talking to me. Payroll told me they DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE NEW SALARY SCHEDULE UNTIL THIS MORNING. When all the SLPs started calling wanting to know where their raise was. Then the payroll woman told me that it would be the same amount of money total, just that the stipend would be included in my base salary. The salary stated on my new contract (the only one I signed) is larger than the old base pay + stipend put together by a considerable amount.

I'm about lose it on them. I have a legally signed contract stipulating my pay, and they don't know about it?
    Last edited by Gwenn; 09-03-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Congratulations, Maggie! We have missed you!

Gwenn - that is unacceptable. I would be losing my spit!

I have been on vacation, which is so frickin' exhausting that I haven't had the energy to be very active in here. My dh is taking JoJo to the in-laws for the weekend, which means two entire days and night ALL BY MYSELF for the first time in over three years. Even the dog is going - the only ones left will be me and my cat. Just like old times. I'm beyond thrilled.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov