Page 443 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3433934334414424434444454534935439431443 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,290 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Jessica and Sydney both are prone to cold sores. They can last a week or longer...maybe even closer to 2 weeks.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Bridget, that really sucks. I hope you can find somebody soon.

I think you can get canker sores with viral illnesses--which are not as bad as cold sores. My cousins get cold sores, so I always freak out when they try and kiss Robbie by his mouth. And the youngest ones all steal each others bottles.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

He's not sick at all, the cold sore is the only thing going on I sure hope he's better for school! Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process? I've been putting on the ointment every 3 hours.

Is the ointment a prescription cold sore medication? I think they say that the prescription strength can shorten the life of a cold sore to about 4-5 days.

Yeah, it's prescription.

Lysine ointment always helps them when O or I get them.

Meal times around here have been ridiculous. I'm going to go ahead and blame dbf's 10 year old nephew who was visiting us for 10 days and complained about absolutely everything that was offered him for every meal. Dbf's mom would end up giving him toast and jelly or a bowl of cereal every meal. Well Savana and Kai started in with the complaining and it's just gotten worse. We have always had a rule that they are not to come to the table saying, "Ew" or "Gross" or anything like that. They try everything and if they don't like it they can say "no thank you"
    Those rules went out the window and now they complain about practically everything. Especially Kai who also finds in necessary to say the words poop, dirty underwear, or stinky butts almost every meal for which he's been asked to leave the table.
    This is killing me because my kids have always had a great respect for good healthy food. I hope it's short lived now that nephew is gone.
    So tonight Kai was in full form pitching a fit that he wanted nothing but his fried potato. No burger. No asparagus. But he didn't have a nap today so I just stayed chill and let him eat whatever. Savana did great so I said to her I was really proud of how she came to the table and didn't complain and was eating a little of everything.
    Kai said, between complaints about every dang thing and screaming everytime dbf tried to get him to take a bite of burger, "Mom, aren't you so proud of me today? I didn't even say poop OR stinky butts at the table. I can't even believe it how good I'm doing."
    Oh, if they weren't so darn cute....
    Last edited by Bridget; 08-25-2010 at 06:28 PM.

LOL Bridget, your kids are a trip.

LOL Bridget, that is so cute!!

Elle picked up some bad habits from her older cousin when we were in Chicago that are finally starting to break. My niece was prone to yelling and saying NO and STOP IT and LEAVE ME ALONE!!! To Ellasyn and Kyro for some reason. Elledidn't like it and would whop her one and get in trouble, she doesn't like people to yell at her, it makes her really angry, but since we've been back home she does it to Ky all the time now and I've had to make her sit on the steps and apologize for yelling at him and being unreasonable probably 10 times per day initially, it is down to about 2 now.

I dread her going to daycare and picking up more annoying habits.

Erin

lol Bridget.

And Abbey has picked up the habit of chewing on her shirt after she saw a kiddo doing it at a play area. Not that big of a deal, but she always has a slobber soaked t shirt nowadays. I hope it ends soon.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Josh was friends with two siblings a while ago--the last time we saw them was maybe around the beginning of the year. Their mother abruptly stopped talking to me, I have no idea why but that's another story. Josh *still* talks about them and whenever he does something he's not supposed to, he says "Well J and S told me I could"

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    lol Bridget.

And Abbey has picked up the habit of chewing on her shirt after she saw a kiddo doing it at a play area. Not that big of a deal, but she always has a slobber soaked t shirt nowadays. I hope it ends soon.
    Maybe she saw Claire? She does this all the time, and if she's wearing pants with ties on them, like sweatpants, she'll put one of the ties in her mouth and walk kind of hunched over just so she can keep sucking on it. Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Maybe she saw Claire? She does this all the time, and if she's wearing pants with ties on them, like sweatpants, she'll put one of the ties in her mouth and walk kind of hunched over just so she can keep sucking on it. Yuck!
    Ky used to do this ALL the time!! Especially with the sweat pants. He didn't stop until he went to kindergarten and occasionally I'll still catch him with a shirt in his mouth.

Erin

Kids are a riot!

My father will put the top part of his t-shirt in his mouth when he's tinkering on something. Some habits never die.

I confess that we're staying with my in-laws at the minute as our house is nearly done being decorated and we are eating way too much nice food...I just can't help myself!

Ugh. It's my sister's last night at my parents' house before going home after three weeks. So, I kind of had to go over there for dinner tonight whether I wanted to or not as I won't see them again for at least a year.

Worked full time today, stayed late, stopped at the pet store to buy a 40lb bag of dog food and somehow heaved it into my car even though I threw my back out a couple of weeks ago and it's still killing me. Then stopped at Pep Boys for my car, then home to let the dogs out and catch my breath. Then a 45 minute drive to my parents' house and after getting there my sister spent most of the time looking at her iPod and reading a book and barely spoke to me. My niece was happy to see me and stretched out on the couch next to me but didn't say anything unless I asked her a direct question. So about 8:30 I said I was going to go as I had to work tomorrow.

So my mother asked if I wanted to take my guitar home with me. I told her that after hauling around 40lb bag of dog food, changing the fluids in my car, and having to take the trash out to the curb when I got home I didn't want to deal with my guitar as well. Come to think of it, the dog food is still in my trunk.

She actually looked at me and said in a fake whiny voice, "Oh, it's so HARD for you to be a grown up, isn't it?"

I looked her straight in the eye and told her I knew she had never had to deal with an entire house completely on her own much less while working full time (not to mention my husband being in a combat zone which I didn't even bother to point out) and it was absolutely not okay for her to make fun of me.

She didn't even apologize.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Dude, what is your mom's problem? That would infuriate me to no end. Does she treat your sister that way? For what it's worth, I think you seem like you do a fabulous job as a grown up. I've never even lived alone, much less taken care of a house on my own while husband is fighting a war. I seriously want to yell at your mom.

Oh Gwenn that was awful of her!

Gwenn, your mom needs a spanking, and I don't even spank CHILDREN. Grr.

I confess I posted my belly pic in the October due dates room if anyone wants to stalk. I am huge.

Thanks, guys. I don't know what is going on with her ... she seems to be getting really insensitive lately although she's always been a very sweet person. I worry about her because I know her mother had dementia and died at age 64. Mom is 71. She's also been having trouble breathing lately and I suspect there's some connection. She called me the other night out of breath and when I asked her why she said it was from washing the dishes. Her doctor has scheduled her for some tests because he said there was fluid in her lungs that he can't explain.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Jeez Gwenn, I would have cried and not known what to say on the spot like that. Good for you for saying something.
    It IS hard to be a grown up sometimes! You're doing great. I've never lived on my own either and I shudder at the thought.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess I posted my belly pic in the October due dates room if anyone wants to stalk. I am huge.
    I think you look good. But I noticed you cut your head off.

Stacy, I think you look great!
    I was relieved when I saw my midwife yesterday and realized that I haven't gained nearly as much as I feel like I have. I don't have a scale at home and had not weighed myself at any of my appointments but I just feel so big, like I'm just clodding around sometimes. I think it's more of energy level issue than a weight issue. I do not appreciate getting winded running up the stairs from my daycare to my kitchen.

I have been torturing myself trying to pull out my inverted nipples so I can have an easier time breastfeeding this time around. I'm all cracked and bleeding. Good times. Quite sure that's more info than any of y'all need about me but it's kind of the main thing on my mind right now since, um, OW! I just keep telling myself it will save me the pain when nursing time comes.

I had to cry with a mama when she dropped her kids off this morning. Her husband has been getting into trouble since I've known them and always been on probation and recently went back to jail. I'm not sure exactly what his offenses were but this time but I know he's had several dui's. He had court yesterday and got 7 years. She is devastated and I just feel horribly for her and her 3 kids. It makes me so angry at him for whatever he did to take any chance at all on missing out on his childrens' lives.

Oh yikes Bridget, that's sad. I'm glad you could be there for her though.

Arrow

Wow...I confess that I am a new member of the "I have Toxic Neighbours" club
    A month ago my neighbour of 3 years suddenly got into the habit of telling their guests (5-50 teens over daily) to lean their bikes up against our house
    DH went over the first time to let the family know that he had moved all the bikes to their driveway. Less than a week later, there are several bikes LOCKED to our garbage cans...DH requested that they removed them.
    My neighbour then went into my dd's workplace and started venting to her about DH to a point that she fled the cash and hid out in the back until he left. I waited a week before I saw him and laid into him about that little stunt.
    Now...just got a visit from the town for a complaint of the garbage cans that we (like a hundred other home owners) store between the houses and a skid leaning up against the house that had our shed bricks on them, which dh is still in the process of putting on the shed. Nobody asked us about this before I moved the skid into the garage, but the garbage is staying as is...the enforcement officer said they were in an acceptable place.

Now I am starting to mentally tally up all the things I could officially complain about them for
    Here we go...
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

That really is sad Bridget. That poor family (mom & kids).

Oh Julie! How could anyone be snotty to you? They must be awful people.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I think you look good. But I noticed you cut your head off.
    Yeah, I did. It's not a bad pic, but I hate having my face on public forums

Oh Bridget, OW. Do you have a really, really wonderful LC? I forget, did you successfully nurse either of your little peeps or did your nipples prevent you?

And that guy stinks. It's sad people are so sick as to do things like that.

Stacy, I pumped for both Savana and Kai after countless attempts to get them to latch, mastitis, you name the problem, I had it. Eventually, both times, I gave up and developed a very close relationship with an electric double breast pump. I had to alternate getting up with it to pump and getting up with them to bottle feed them. It broke my spirit, I tell ya. It also didn't allow me to feed them breastmilk for nearly as long as I'd planned.
    This time I'm DOING IT.
    I don't have a wonderful LC yet but I've been in touch with a doula service in my area that I'm going to meet with before I have this baby and line up after-care assistance. I've also been emailing the LC at the local hospital. I'm hoping with all the right resources and apparently by beating the crap out of my nipples ahead of time, I'll have much less issue.