Page 439 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3393894294374384394404414494895399391439 ... LastLast
Results 13,141 to 13,170 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #13141

    Default

    Yuck, 9 months old? I'd let it go if the kid were at least a couple years old, but that's just gross. I still don't allow soda regularly, although he's had it a couple times. One time I forgot to mention to the sitter that we didn't allow soda. She felt bad, but it wasn't a big deal since I hadn't told her not to. I never would have known, if Josh hadn't told me LOL

  2. #13142
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaGirl View Post
    I wish I could see myself saying it!! I'm feeling kinda crappy, getting over a summer cold. I'm ready for this baby, but need this cold to be done with so I can do my hypnobirthing deep breathing -- kinda hard to do with chest congestion! We'll definitely meet up when baby gets here. Knowing me, I'll get myself to Ithaca for some kind of Jillian's Drawers emergency buy!! Haha.

    Okay, Carson is insisting on me putting in his fav emoticon: "Up and down, up and down, jumping, jumping!!!" he says...

    I had a cold right before having Charlotte, and it went away just in time! The baby waited for me to be healthy again. Same will be for you

    Quote Originally Posted by djackson123 View Post
    Carson!!!! I didn't realize you and Midge were so close to each other!! If you meet up I demand pics!
    We are a couple of towns apart!
    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I wanna come see the new babies!
    We should just have a little get together in the early fall!!
    Just Midge

  3. #13143
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,407

    Default

    well i guess i should have kept reading
    Just Midge

  4. #13144
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,407

    Default

    the diaper i probably wouldn't have thought much of...the coke - i would have judged
    Just Midge

  5. #13145
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,951

    Default

    I would have judged, too.

    I confess I sort of got a raise! They took my position off the teacher salary schedule and put us on our own, which means a very significant increase in salary. It's more than I was making before they cut my 20% stipend. Although as much more money as I am now earning, the difference between what I'd earn as a contractor and my old base pay is more than twice the amount of my salary increase. I don't understand that ... every time they hire a contractor they have to pay that salary plus money to the contract company. It would be so much cheaper to just pay us that amount and cut out the middle man. Your tax dollars in action.

    And how sad is it to be happy to finally be earning as much as I did the year I started working there?
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  6. #13146

    Default

    Congrats on the "raise"!

  7. #13147
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,951

    Default

    Thanks. I really, really needed it.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  8. #13148
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaGirl View Post
    Yes, we'll have to do an Ithaca meet up!!
    I'd really love that!

    Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    We should just have a little get together in the early fall!!
    Whatever works for you guys, I'm game!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I confess I sort of got a raise! They took my position off the teacher salary schedule and put us on our own, which means a very significant increase in salary. It's more than I was making before they cut my 20% stipend. Although as much more money as I am now earning, the difference between what I'd earn as a contractor and my old base pay is more than twice the amount of my salary increase. I don't understand that ... every time they hire a contractor they have to pay that salary plus money to the contract company. It would be so much cheaper to just pay us that amount and cut out the middle man. Your tax dollars in action.

    And how sad is it to be happy to finally be earning as much as I did the year I started working there?
    Yay for the raise, but man that sucks that you are just earning what you did the year you started there. It seems to happen frequently.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  9. #13149
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    I confess I had a couple screwdrivers & took Bobbie out to teach her to drive standard. I didn't think I could do it completely sober (she makes me entirely too anxious). She did so well driving up and down the driveway, and she has had her permit for over a year now...so I let her go up the road about 3 miles.

    She did fantastic!! Of course she stalled a few times, but I kept assuring her that that happens when you're first learning, and even now I'm capable of stalling once in a while. She only 'popped the clutch' twice.

    Really, I'm very relieved. I always had it in the back of my mind that I wanted my kids to know how to drive standard in case they're ever in a situation where that's the only means of escape. I don't want them getting raped or murdered, or riding with a drunk friend, just because they cannot drive a 5-speed. I have 100% faith that Bobbie can do it now, and it's like a weight is lifted off my shoulders.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  10. #13150

    Default

    That's great Chrissy!

  11. #13151
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Yay for the raise, but man that sucks that you are just earning what you did the year you started there. It seems to happen frequently.
    Well, I'm actually making about 4K more than when I started ... but last year I made about 6K LESS than when I started. So I'm actually more excited about making that back up than I am about the extra $!

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I confess I had a couple screwdrivers & took Bobbie out to teach her to drive standard. I didn't think I could do it completely sober (she makes me entirely too anxious). She did so well driving up and down the driveway, and she has had her permit for over a year now...so I let her go up the road about 3 miles.

    She did fantastic!! Of course she stalled a few times, but I kept assuring her that that happens when you're first learning, and even now I'm capable of stalling once in a while. She only 'popped the clutch' twice.

    Really, I'm very relieved. I always had it in the back of my mind that I wanted my kids to know how to drive standard in case they're ever in a situation where that's the only means of escape. I don't want them getting raped or murdered, or riding with a drunk friend, just because they cannot drive a 5-speed. I have 100% faith that Bobbie can do it now, and it's like a weight is lifted off my shoulders.
    That's awesome, and I'm so glad you thought that situation through and had Bobbie learn. I'm so glad I know how to drive a stick shift even though I no longer have one.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  12. #13152
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,702

    Default

    My DH is still making less than what he started at...sucks.


    I can only drive automatic. I don't know anyone whos drive stick.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  13. Default

    Thats great Chrissy!! I miss driving a standard SO bad.. I drove my friends the other day (she was far too inebriated to be driving) and my left leg was sore from pushing the clutch! hahaha been far too long!

    I confess tomorrow is the day I get to file the default divorce paperwork!

  14. #13154

    Default

    I confess that I am really angry and have been since yesterday, it's like an intense anger has just settled in my chest and I need to expunge it from my body. I usually don't go to the gym on Fridays but I think I will go today as it may help me not be so angry. I'm just upset about a lot of little things right now nothing major and I hate it when I get mad like this. Plus I have had mean look and tone of voice since yesterday and felt bad that Ky thought I was mad at him so I need to bust my butt to get rid of this anger.

    Erin

  15. #13155

    Default

    Erin.

  16. #13156
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Erin... I hope you're able to work out some of your anger!

  17. #13157
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,520

    Default

    I'm angry too, Erin. Maybe we should get together and have a fight and try to get it out of our systems?

    I'm thinking about quitting my job because they're not willing to work with me so I can pick up the twins from preschool on time. I normally work 6-2:30 three days a week, so it's not usually a problem, but I have to work late once or twice a month and they won't keep it to a M-W-F because it would be "discriminatory against people without children." So I'm updating my resume for the first time in 12 years.


  18. #13158

    Default

    Ooo, good luck Lydia. I'm sorry they won't work with you to make a schedule that works.

  19. #13159

    Default

    Ugh. Dbf just came down to the daycare and said he wants to offer his mom my car. That hers is on it's last leg and she won't go buy another. It's a Honda hybrid and I really love it. She's been very generous to us financially helping us in ways we did not ask nor even want. I guess she's giving him his inheritance early or something, I don't know. That's between them. But I don't want to give up my car! I'm such a brat. And I know I'll do it. I just wondered outloud to him why he can't just buy her a car instead of taking mine. He said he wants to buy me something bigger for 3 carseats. So maybe but I was really hoping I could fit the 3 in my nice friendly car. When I insisted a second time that he just buy her one, he acts like I'm being ungrateful. It's not that I'm against us giving her a car. I just don't see why it has to be my car that we give her.

  20. #13160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Ugh. Dbf just came down to the daycare and said he wants to offer his mom my car. That hers is on it's last leg and she won't go buy another. It's a Honda hybrid and I really love it. She's been very generous to us financially helping us in ways we did not ask nor even want. I guess she's giving him his inheritance early or something, I don't know. That's between them. But I don't want to give up my car! I'm such a brat. And I know I'll do it. I just wondered outloud to him why he can't just buy her a car instead of taking mine. He said he wants to buy me something bigger for 3 carseats. So maybe but I was really hoping I could fit the 3 in my nice friendly car. When I insisted a second time that he just buy her one, he acts like I'm being ungrateful. It's not that I'm against us giving her a car. I just don't see why it has to be my car that we give her.
    I agree with you! Why do you have to give your car??? That is weird. I guess his car must be crappy or something. But yeah, I would rather him buy her a car.

    I guess I can understand his reasoning with the car seat situation, but you can get slim carseats that will fit in a sedan if that's what you have. That is strange. You are so nice. I would say no way!

    My DH crashed up my car about 6 months ago and he bought me a new one. He knew I was attached to it and loved my sedan even though we did need a bigger vehicle but I just loved it. I sold it to a body shop down the street and the guy fixed it and now I see it everyday when I take and get Ky from school. I so want to go over there and tell him he can have my van if I can get my car back LOL.

    Came in though to say I feel better. Not as angry after an hour on the elliptical and 10 minutes of sweating in the sauna.

    And Lydia so sorry about your job. That sucks! I don't want to fight you though, you seem like a nice lady!

    Erin

  21. #13161

    Default

    Yes, Lydia. I just saw Erin's post in the slapping thread. Don't fight her!

    Dbf's car is a big truck he uses for jobs so he couldn't give her that.
    To me it's just seems if we are going to give her my car to buy me a different car then why can't she just get the different car?
    Is it even possible to fit 3 carseats in the back of a regular car? I thought if Savana was in a booster by then it would be but I guess I'd better do my research before we discuss this any further. I'd rather have station wagon-esque car than a mini-van though.

  22. #13162
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Playing devil's advocate here...
    Bridget, it sounds like his heart is in the right place - he wants to buy YOU a new car (most women like that ) and give your mom the used one. I'd be a little pissed if I had an older car (that might not fit 3 car seats) and he went out and bought his mom a new one... I don't know, I just don't think he was trying to be an ass again... but you were there so you would know better than me.

    Erin, I'm glad you're feeling better!

  23. #13163

    Default

    I know someone who has 3 Radian seats in the back of their sedan, so it is possible. I also think his heart is in the right place but if you really love your car and can make it work with the 3 seats then he should be grateful that you are once again exhibiting qualities of being such a great lady and not trying to get a more expensive car than you need.

    Erin

  24. #13164
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    Glad you're feeling better, Erin; I can't wait to hit the gym up again.

    Bridget, make him get you the car of your dreams or something similar but better than what you have if it exists!

    My news-we'll be moved in to our new house by next Wednesday which is 6 days from my due date! LOL

  25. #13165

    Default

    That's great silverstar!
    Bridget :shrug: I just don't even know what to say to that LOL
    Glad you feel better Erin!
    I went to the gym too; I wanted to go this morning but had a fiasco where I couldn't find one of Josh's shoes and then my card wouldn't work when I tried to go buy new shoes; anyway long story short I felt sick later so I had to wait until 4 when the child care opened up again.
    I just got a letter about Josh's preschool--there is a school tour on the 30th and then orientation on the 2nd, and his first day on the 7th! I can't believe this stage is already here. (oh and for any of you who saw my question about taking the bus--it looks like there is no preschool bus, which makes me feel better)

  26. #13166
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess tomorrow is the day I get to file the default divorce paperwork!


    Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I confess that I am really angry and have been since yesterday, it's like an intense anger has just settled in my chest and I need to expunge it from my body. I usually don't go to the gym on Fridays but I think I will go today as it may help me not be so angry. I'm just upset about a lot of little things right now nothing major and I hate it when I get mad like this. Plus I have had mean look and tone of voice since yesterday and felt bad that Ky thought I was mad at him so I need to bust my butt to get rid of this anger.

    Erin
    Hope you feel better. Is it AF?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I'm thinking about quitting my job because they're not willing to work with me so I can pick up the twins from preschool on time. I normally work 6-2:30 three days a week, so it's not usually a problem, but I have to work late once or twice a month and they won't keep it to a M-W-F because it would be "discriminatory against people without children." So I'm updating my resume for the first time in 12 years.
    Ugh. I hope you find something.

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Ugh. Dbf just came down to the daycare and said he wants to offer his mom my car. That hers is on it's last leg and she won't go buy another. It's a Honda hybrid and I really love it. She's been very generous to us financially helping us in ways we did not ask nor even want. I guess she's giving him his inheritance early or something, I don't know. That's between them. But I don't want to give up my car! I'm such a brat. And I know I'll do it. I just wondered outloud to him why he can't just buy her a car instead of taking mine. He said he wants to buy me something bigger for 3 carseats. So maybe but I was really hoping I could fit the 3 in my nice friendly car. When I insisted a second time that he just buy her one, he acts like I'm being ungrateful. It's not that I'm against us giving her a car. I just don't see why it has to be my car that we give her.
    Boo. imo, if you want to keep your car, you should. To be a pisser, I might go out looking, and only look at the same make/model of what I already have. Maybe not, but I'd be tempted!

    Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    My news-we'll be moved in to our new house by next Wednesday which is 6 days from my due date! LOL
    oh my gosh! Good luck!

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I just got a letter about Josh's preschool--there is a school tour on the 30th and then orientation on the 2nd, and his first day on the 7th! I can't believe this stage is already here. (oh and for any of you who saw my question about taking the bus--it looks like there is no preschool bus, which makes me feel better)
    Awww I can't believe it's time for school already.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  27. #13167
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    I took today off and did the DMV stuff to register my car in NY. I also had my final follow-up with my boobie dr and he said they couldn't be any better. He's a hoot. I opened my gown and he goes, "Man, I'm good at my job!" He even asked for permission to use my before/after pics in his literature and on his web site. Of course, my head isn't in them and there's no identifying marks, so I said yes!!

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  28. Default

    I confess if all goes according to plan, my divorce will be final on monday!!

  29. #13169
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Wow, that's wonderful!!

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  30. Default

    I was expecting within a month, but the lady said if I had dropped it off earlier today then it probably would have been finalized today!!

    She also said she really couldn't say this but she was very impressed with my paperwork. They rarely get pro se papers back done correctly, much less as organized as mine were.

    Her exact words were " Can I clone and adopt you?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •