Page 438 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3383884284364374384394404484885389381438 ... LastLast
Results 13,111 to 13,140 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

You cried during the interview? Why? What happened?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

2. Default

yes... during the interview...

The very last question they asked me was "Why do you want this job, and what do you think you can bring to the table?"

My answer was "I have been in the position where I have needed help, and the people that helped me made all the difference. I want to be able to give that to someone else.." and I started crying somewhere in the middle of that.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess I had my interview this morning, and I cried..

I freaking cried during a job interview!!

oh no, what happened?

Stash - the bathroom looks awesome!
    Just Midge

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    yes... during the interview...

The very last question they asked me was "Why do you want this job, and what do you think you can bring to the table?"

My answer was "I have been in the position where I have needed help, and the people that helped me made all the difference. I want to be able to give that to someone else.." and I started crying somewhere in the middle of that.
    Well, if I'd been interviewing you, that would have made me want to hire you. Not that it's my decision!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

What's the position again?

OMG, on our local station there is an ad right now for a support group for people "wounded by same sex attraction"

You guys are cracking me up tonight
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    What's the position again?
    Its office assistant for the State, Department of Family Services.. Front line customer service...

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    OMG, on our local station there is an ad right now for a support group for people "wounded by same sex attraction"
    really? "Wounded"?

Stash, your bathroom looks great! We just had a new bathroom put in, too, and I love it. We'll be saving for a new kitchen next.

Senecagirl, I don't blame you for saying that to those people. I would have done the same. Actually, I have done so and when I've told people about it, they've said, "oooh, that's so 'American' of you." Hmmm...British people.

Quote Originally Posted by SenecaGirl View Post
    Hello! I haven't read any of the previous posts, but I have something to confess. I kinda feel bad about it, but I was so fed up. So at my local Walmart, they always have random groups outside the entry to raise funds, selling whatever goods. Fine. Just don't approach me as I walk in & out of the store. I can read and if I want to donate, I will. Well the past couple of weeks there has been this really annoying group selling homemade baked goods for a "Christian school" as they put it. Always approaching people right at the entrance (standing in between the double doors) and asking for your money. Quite frankly, I would never buy homemade food cause I don't trust the source, and approaching me just pisses me off big time.

Sooooo, yesterday I'm waddling my 38 week prego butt with my 2 1/2 year old in tow into the store, and they approach me AGAIN.

Her: "We have homemade baked goods, supports a really good cause, a CHRISTIAN school!" (she put lots of emphasis on the word Christian)

Me: "Oh? Well I'm Atheist so, guess NOT!"

I kinda feel bad about that, but seriously, leave me alone!!!!! Okay, feel better that I confessed!!

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess my bathroom is DONE and now I'm ready to give birth. Except I have at least 5 more weeks to wait. Sigh.

Gorgeous...

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Erin, I can totally see you...facial expressions and all telling off the ppl in front of walmart.

How are you feeling btw?? I'm going to want to come out and meet that baby when you're ready to show her off ya know!!
    Just Midge

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Well, if I'd been interviewing you, that would have made me want to hire you. Not that it's my decision!
    Me too. There's a chance that you came across as genuine and you may not be out of the race yet.

I went into an interview teary-eyed once. It was when they had those guys in the mine, and the tv was showing how the family was mistakenly told in the early morning hours that there were survivors, only to be told 4-6 hours later that that had been a mistake. I watched them cheer, then their agony when they learned the truth. I was also pregnant with Conner, but early on so it wasn't obvious. Anyway, that's right when I was called into the interview, and I walked in wiping my eyes. I told them what I'd just seen. They were all appropriately sad as well...and I did get the job.

I haven't cried at an interview before, but I have cried at work. Boy that's embarassing. Being a cook was just so incredibly frustrating at times. Some days I miss it, but most of the time I don't, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    Erin, I can totally see you...facial expressions and all telling off the ppl in front of walmart.

How are you feeling btw?? I'm going to want to come out and meet that baby when you're ready to show her off ya know!!
    I wish I could see myself saying it!! I'm feeling kinda crappy, getting over a summer cold. I'm ready for this baby, but need this cold to be done with so I can do my hypnobirthing deep breathing -- kinda hard to do with chest congestion! We'll definitely meet up when baby gets here. Knowing me, I'll get myself to Ithaca for some kind of Jillian's Drawers emergency buy!! Haha.

Okay, Carson is insisting on me putting in his fav emoticon: "Up and down, up and down, jumping, jumping!!!" he says...

Carson!!!! I didn't realize you and Midge were so close to each other!! If you meet up I demand pics!
    Debra ~ Attached Mama to Isla! 2/08

Quote Originally Posted by SenecaGirl View Post
    I wish I could see myself saying it!! I'm feeling kinda crappy, getting over a summer cold. I'm ready for this baby, but need this cold to be done with so I can do my hypnobirthing deep breathing -- kinda hard to do with chest congestion! We'll definitely meet up when baby gets here. Knowing me, I'll get myself to Ithaca for some kind of Jillian's Drawers emergency buy!! Haha.

Okay, Carson is insisting on me putting in his fav emoticon: "Up and down, up and down, jumping, jumping!!!" he says...
    I wanna come see the new babies!

Eh, I don't think crying rules you out of the job. I'd expect they'd care that you have compassion.

I cried at work once. I was a waitress at this sport's bar. I worked there for over a year. Was never late. Never called in sick. And I'm a pretty kick ass waitress if I do say so myself. But I had this horrible manager who wanted all the girls to have a look that I didn't have, I suppose. She would always ask me in this kind of snotty way why I didn't wear make up or leave my hair down. (Um, yes, she wanted the waitresses to wear their hair down)
    So...I came in one morning with my hair in it's usual pony tail and no make up on and she was in a particularly biatchy mood. She walks into the back where all the waitstaff is doing prep work and yells to me, so everyone could hear, "God Bridget, don't you WANT to be pretty? Fix your hair!"
    Yeah, everyone just looked at me and I felt like the crap on the bottom of her shoe. I cried. And then I quit. And then a week later I got a job at a preschool where I stayed for 7 years.

Ashley, I think it's sweet you cried. I think it shows true compassion which is kind of what everyone working for that dept should have.
    Last edited by Bridget; 08-19-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Ugh...talk about bully bosses.

shutterbird Guest

I saw a baby (about 9 months old) sitting in a cart in front of Wal-Mart yesterday. Naked except for a diaper, unstrapped... and chugging on a coke. I had Lore on my shoulders and she was naturally freaking out about the baby (she LOVES babies). The mom was smiling at Lore and I swear I had the hardest time not judging her.

I would have judged.

shutterbird Guest

Bridget, your old boss sounds like a piece of work. I hope karma kicked her ass.

Ashley, passion can be a good thing... especially in the job in which you applied. I bet she won't hold it against you.

Judge away.

I would have totally judged the soda. I can't help myself.
    Not sure that the diaper only would have bothered me alone but the combination of the two begs to be judged.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I would have totally judged the soda. I can't help myself.
    Not sure that the diaper only would have bothered me alone but the combination of the two begs to be judged.
    Ummm, this.... the diaper wouldn't have bothered me at all though since I rarely had Elle in clothes during summer when she was a baby, basically just a onesie or t-shirt and diaper. But coke for a baby is just ridiculous.

Erin

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I took Savana out of the house in just a diaper before when we lived in Hawaii. People did it all the time there.

People do it all the time here too. And the only comments I usually hear are "man I wish I could be dressed like you in this heat baby girl!"

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by djackson123 View Post
    Carson!!!! I didn't realize you and Midge were so close to each other!! If you meet up I demand pics!
    Yep, I'm about 30 minutes from Ithaca. My DH works there, its part of my territory for work, I go there about once a week when I'm working. I got to meet up with Midge and her girls the other week, they are so cute! We should have got a pic of the kids playing on the piano!! Darn it!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I wanna come see the new babies!
    Yes, we'll have to do an Ithaca meet up!!

Oooh, I would have totally judged. My DS is 2.5 and still isn't allowed soda. And although it may be hot out, stores have air conditioning. I wouldn't want to be walking around in a diaper, I'd get chilly! Although, I guess if your kid just had a blow-out or puke session and all the clothes were nasty, and you had no back-ups, I could understand going into a store with just a diaper on. And it could totally be a regional thing -- up here in the Northeast it isn't a normal site though. On peopleofwalmart.com there was a pic of 2 little kids just in diapers and a cart full of beer. Funny & sad at the same time.