Page 435 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 335 385 425433434435436437 445 485 535 935 1435 ... LastLast
Results 13,021 to 13,050 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #13021
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Hey you guys? I just want to say how glad I am to know you and be able to have funny and sad and mad and triumphant conversations whenever I feel like it. You have really made my APA experience better.

    And no, this isn't a prelude to anything. I am just feeling exceptionally grateful.
    I agree!

  2. #13022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm glad she's feeling better!!

    Conner likes to ask me if I farted when we're in a store. He seems to think it's hilarious. If I say no, he'll practically yell, 'Yes you did! You farted Mommy!!' so I learned to just say, "yes I did" even when I didn't.



    lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

  3. #13023
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    I love everyone in this room/thread too. It's one of the few 'safe' places I've found online where I can be me and not have to worry about how someone else will misconstrue what I mean. You see me as I am, and tolerate me anyway.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  4. #13024
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Add another vote to 'I frickin love this place'!!

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Add another vote to 'I frickin love this place'!!
    +1

  6. #13026

    Default

    Give me strength ladies!
    Josh is such a sweetheart sometimes...other times not so much LOL
    He's perfect at my mom's house, he picks up after himself, says please and thank you, etc. Then we come home and it's back to normal
    Lately when I tell him not to do something he goes and "hides" and does it. I can still see him and I know he's doing what I just said not to do (like pick his nose, or suck on his toys--yes he's back to putting toys in his mouth)! Then he says "How did you see me?" Uh you were right there! LOL
    I just cannot believe I make it through the day sometimes...sigh
    Not to mention it's "that time of the month" and I am just not in the mood for this!

  7. #13027
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    I've had that happen with each one of my kids. You've heard of parents sitting in parent/teacher conferences and laughing and asking, "Are you sure you're talking about my kid?" when the teacher reports about good behavior, right? I think the majority of kids do behave better for other people.

    A part of that is because they know they're loved by their parent, and they're testing their boundaries.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  8. #13028

    Default

    I love you guys too. I know I don't post as much, but thank you for making a place where I feel accepted.

  9. #13029
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    My little brother was the same way. We couldn't take him to a grocery store without him helping all of the little old ladies with their carts of groceries. My mom would get complimented all of the time on how well mannered and helpful he was. She still teases about how she often wondered what had gotten into him when he did these things.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  10. #13030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    I love you guys too. I know I don't post as much, but thank you for making a place where I feel accepted.
    This, exactly.
    This has been the most difficult year of my life and you all have given me support that's been like a lifeline for me.

  11. #13031

    Default

    I love you guys! And I love this room (but not in a clique way ). I'm so glad I found this room, and this forum.

    "We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

  12. #13032

    Default

    I confess I'm having such a hard time meeting new people here. I had a great group of IRL mommy friends in CO, and Abbey had her own group of baby friends there. It sounds silly but she's such a social little girl... she loved her friends. She still asks for them. I've tried meeting women off of meetup.com for mom's groups and had two no-shows (only a few people RSVPed, I was the only one to show up) and one where three people showed up but I didn't see any of them (hugs play area, crowded). It's frustrating because I feel like I'm failing Abbey... I know that sounds weird, but she has so much fun with other kiddos and I just can't seem to make it happen. She just looks sad and bored most days, and I wonder if she'd be better off in daycare than with me, because then she'd have some social interaction.
    We even joined Gymboree but I can't seem to get a conversation started there either. I swear it wasn't this difficult back home.



    lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

  13. #13033

    Default

    My new ob/gyn is an osteopath, a female (important, since I don't feel comfortable with males), and open to a vbac! I'm pretty excited about her.

    "We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

  14. Default

    Thats awesome Shannah!

  15. #13035
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I confess I'm having such a hard time meeting new people here. I had a great group of IRL mommy friends in CO, and Abbey had her own group of baby friends there. It sounds silly but she's such a social little girl... she loved her friends. She still asks for them. I've tried meeting women off of meetup.com for mom's groups and had two no-shows (only a few people RSVPed, I was the only one to show up) and one where three people showed up but I didn't see any of them (hugs play area, crowded). It's frustrating because I feel like I'm failing Abbey... I know that sounds weird, but she has so much fun with other kiddos and I just can't seem to make it happen. She just looks sad and bored most days, and I wonder if she'd be better off in daycare than with me, because then she'd have some social interaction.
    We even joined Gymboree but I can't seem to get a conversation started there either. I swear it wasn't this difficult back home.
    Aww, that must made my heart hurt. I wish I had some great advice, but it sounds like you're doing all the right things. Just keep at it. Sometimes finding really great friends takes time, but I'm sure it'll happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanna(h) View Post
    My new ob/gyn is an osteopath, a female (important, since I don't feel comfortable with males), and open to a vbac! I'm pretty excited about her.
    That's wonderful!!


    I have a guy coming to look at my van (I posted earlier that I was thinking about selling it so I could buy a Cabriolet) and now that it might be a reality, I'm having second thoughts. He called to confirm for tonight, and said he's bringing a dealer plate and cash. My heart plummeted. I had no idea that my trip to/from work today might be my last in my van.

    I know it sounds silly, but it's been a good van to us.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 08-13-2010 at 03:20 PM.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  16. #13036

    Default

    sorry double post
    Last edited by daylilies; 08-13-2010 at 04:25 PM.

  17. #13037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I confess I'm having such a hard time meeting new people here. I had a great group of IRL mommy friends in CO, and Abbey had her own group of baby friends there. It sounds silly but she's such a social little girl... she loved her friends. She still asks for them. I've tried meeting women off of meetup.com for mom's groups and had two no-shows (only a few people RSVPed, I was the only one to show up) and one where three people showed up but I didn't see any of them (hugs play area, crowded). It's frustrating because I feel like I'm failing Abbey... I know that sounds weird, but she has so much fun with other kiddos and I just can't seem to make it happen. She just looks sad and bored most days, and I wonder if she'd be better off in daycare than with me, because then she'd have some social interaction.
    We even joined Gymboree but I can't seem to get a conversation started there either. I swear it wasn't this difficult back home.
    I just bring Josh to busy places with lots of kids and I don't worry about making mom friends. I keep an eye on him and most of the time I don't even see the parents of the kids he's tagging along with.

  18. #13038

    Default

    I confess this is the first time I've posted on here. I've lurked for ages but there was no way to keep up LOL. So...
    Debra ~ Attached Mama to Isla! 2/08

  19. #13039

    Default

    I wish I had advice for you and Abbey. I have so many cousins that are Robbie's age, so I don't worry about him. But I wish I could make some friends IRL. I'm so sad that all the apa moms are 3+ hours away. I don't know if I know how to make friends without going to school with them...

    Quote Originally Posted by djackson123 View Post
    I confess this is the first time I've posted on here. I've lurked for ages but there was no way to keep up LOL. So...
    Welcome! Sometimes I can't keep up either, but I just jump in when I can.

    "We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

  20. #13040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I have a guy coming to look at my van (I posted earlier that I was thinking about selling it so I could buy a Cabriolet) and now that it might be a reality, I'm having second thoughts. He called to confirm for tonight, and said he's bringing a dealer plate and cash. My heart plummeted. I had no idea that my trip to/from work today might be my last in my van.

    I know it sounds silly, but it's been a good van to us.
    We've tried selling dh's car that he drove when we were best friends. We'd drive around for hours in Daniel (yes, we named the car), it's the car we fell in love in. I know I'm going to cry if we ever do sell it.

    "We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

  21. #13041

    Default

    We're on a train to Reno, and the snack bar attendant actually just said "two more months realllllly?! Are you sure you're not having twins?" People are really stupid, aren't they?



  22. #13042
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    We're on a train to Reno, and the snack bar attendant actually just said "two more months realllllly?! Are you sure you're not having twins?" People are really stupid, aren't they?
    Yes, they are.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  23. #13043

    Default

    Yeah, I just love how a woman's pregnancy suddenly gives everyone permission to comment on her size.

  24. #13044

    Default

    My last two months were excruciating - people lose their filters when they see a pg lady.

    The worst was a woman who started actually hooting with laughter when she saw me, saying "You are going to have the WORST STRETCHMARKS!!!!!" like it was the funniest thing she ever had seen. What a witch. And I wish I could find her and show her my stretchmarkless belly. ugh.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  25. #13045

    Default

    double post
    Last edited by girlwonder; 08-14-2010 at 08:15 AM.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  26. #13046
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djackson123 View Post
    I confess this is the first time I've posted on here. I've lurked for ages but there was no way to keep up LOL. So...
    Hiya!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanna(h) View Post
    We've tried selling dh's car that he drove when we were best friends. We'd drive around for hours in Daniel (yes, we named the car), it's the car we fell in love in. I know I'm going to cry if we ever do sell it.
    I sold it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Although I have no clue how I'm getting to work Monday

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  27. #13047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djackson123 View Post
    I confess this is the first time I've posted on here. I've lurked for ages but there was no way to keep up LOL. So...
    Hi!



    lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

  28. Default

    I confess I stayed the night at a lesbians house last night.... lol

  29. #13049

    Default

    I confess that I have slept in the same bed, and just slept, with a guy friend, so I don't see the difference...

    I confess that I had 2 friends over last night that I found through FB...and haven't seen since late teens...and they haven't changed a bit
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

  30. #13050
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    I confess I am so exhausted I could cry just to cry!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •