Page 434 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3343844244324334344354364444845349341434 ... LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,020 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #12991

    Default

    I'm glad she feels better, Kim!

  2. #12992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess I'm disappointed in a lot lately, and it's making me rethink my decision to stay here.

    I confess my mom had to have an emergency surgery this morning to put a stint in so that her kidneys could drain. She had a kidney stone that got stuck and caused swelling. She had a 104-degree temperature for over SIX HOURS yesterday, but refused to go to the hospital because she didn't want to ruin their vacation.
    On a good note, she's feeling much better and is just waiting to be released. (Thanks for listening - just had to get it out!)
    I hope she feels better soon.

    When you say here, do you mean APA or Houston? If APA, I hope you will consider waiting to see what happens before you do anything rash like LEAVE. I would miss you and little Lore. We need you here.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  3. #12993

    Default

    Congrats Shannah!
    Kim, sorry about your mom.

    It's been two months today since my mom 's been gone. I've never gone this long without talking to her. Without hearing her voice.
    I really, really, really miss her.
    And I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move today.

  4. #12994

    Default

    So sorry you are missing your mom so terribly Bridget. I can kind of understand because I still miss talking to my grandma and she has been gone for 6 years now.

    And how exciting you felt the baby!! I remember how I was tripping out when I was first PG with Ky and I felt him move because I thought something was wrong in there since I had never felt it before LOL. Plus I was only 16 weeks and didn't think that I could feel it then, but I did and it took me a couple days to figure out what it was.

    Erin

  5. #12995

    Default

    Want to confess that I am watching Dateline right now and Anne Rice is talking about how she is no longer a member of the Catholic Church because she sees it as an evil institution mostly because it promotes persecution of homosexuals. I didn't know that her son was gay, so I can see why she would be frustrated and upset about her monetary contributions being used to fund the opposition to gay rights in California where she lives.

    I will also confess that I was kind of bummed when she became a Christian again because I loved her vampire books when I was in high school. They are the main reason why I am not into this vampire phenomenon right now and have never even read any of the Twilight books because I got my fill of vampires in the 90s and I know that I will compare any new vampire books to Anne Rice and she is the queen of that genre IMO. I read all of her books in like a month.

    I will also confess that I don't like her new books about angels so I hope that now that she has let go of religion again, that she will go back to her roots.

    Erin

  6. #12996
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,951

    Default

    I was just at my mom's house and she is reading an Anne Rice book about Jesus. I've read some of her old stuff and I just can't imagine many people liking that - her old fans would hate it, and people who are religious enough to want to read a novel about Jesus I wouldn't think would like her style. My mom seems to be enjoying it, though, so maybe I'm wrong. She actually suggested having her church book club read it. The mind boggles.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  7. #12997
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,951

    Default

    May I add that I watched Interview w/ a Vampire with her back when it came out and my mom had to leave the room. The only time I've ever known her to do that.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  8. #12998

    Default

    I thought the same thing about her new books about angels and Jesus. "Who's going to read this!" I was so upset thinking that it was a new series of characters for her usual fare and then was so disappointed. I couldn't even finish the last book I started by her. I walked out of the room during the program but I think she said he wasn't going to write those kinds of books anymore so that made me happy.

    I loved the book Interview With a Vampire, but not the movie so much. Only Claudia, the little girl vampire was interesting, but not as interesting as she was in the book. Movies about books are always crap to me. I also didn't like Tom Cuise in the movie. I felt that Brad Pitt should have played Lestat instead of Louis because he is just much bette looking than Tom and Lestat was suppose to be a beautiful individual. But I'm not going to go off writing about those old vampires. I'm excited about her new found unfaith-ness I guess and probably will even take out one of her old books and read some again.

    Erin

  9. #12999
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,951

    Default

    Is it unfaithfulness in general or just lack of agreement with the Catholic Church?
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  10. #13000

    Default

    She basically said that she still is a follower of Jesus and believes in his message but that she is not going to be a part of any organized religion because they "promote evil" her words, not mine.

    Erin

  11. #13001
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    I'm getting worried about Bobbie. She's always been lactose intolerant and susceptible to constipation since she was a baby. Now she's been a vegetarian for over a year now and she's suddenly developed worse digestive problems. Soon after eating she gets serious abdominal cramps and often has diarrhea. She has an appointment on Monday. Maybe it's not related to her diet, but I strongly suspect it is.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  12. #13002
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,702

    Default

    Is she stressed out? A lot of especially women develop IBS in their teens and early college years. I suffered with that a lot in college.....it's better now once I saw the shrink at school and she taught me some deep breathing techniques (I also started having panic attacks and was getting to where it was a big thing if I was going to leave campus for more than a 10 minute drive...DH was my BF at the time and I can't believe he put up with me!).

    To this day, if I get nervous, I need a bathroom and need it quickly. Immodium is my friend.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  13. #13003
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Immodium is my friend.
    Thank you-that reminds me I need to get her some. For a long time (a couple years?) her dr had her taking 2 tbs of it a day. She still needs a check-up. I wonder if this has anything to do with her being premature? I only say that because she's always had issues.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  14. #13004
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,702

    Default

    Yeah I always have immodium on hand. After the gastric bypass I had the exact opposite problem....neither are fun.

    I would say to see a doctor, there can be a lot of causes of intestinal distress and they will know which questions to ask. Could be something in the diet, could be stress or IBS...maybe something else (usually the worse things would be bloody). Could be hormonal at least partially too. When younger, I used to have a ton of trouble right during PMS time.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  15. #13005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm getting worried about Bobbie. She's always been lactose intolerant and susceptible to constipation since she was a baby. Now she's been a vegetarian for over a year now and she's suddenly developed worse digestive problems. Soon after eating she gets serious abdominal cramps and often has diarrhea. She has an appointment on Monday. Maybe it's not related to her diet, but I strongly suspect it is.
    I'm sorry, that sucks. I had ibs in high school, eventually it just stopped happening. I guess I grew out of it. I hope you can find some answers, because even though I don't have ibs anymore, having problems with eating for so long has changed my appetite, I don't really enjoy eating and I never feel hungry.

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Congrats Shannah!
    Kim, sorry about your mom.

    It's been two months today since my mom 's been gone. I've never gone this long without talking to her. Without hearing her voice.
    I really, really, really miss her.
    And I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move today.
    but for feeling movement.

    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess I'm disappointed in a lot lately, and it's making me rethink my decision to stay here.

    I confess my mom had to have an emergency surgery this morning to put a stint in so that her kidneys could drain. She had a kidney stone that got stuck and caused swelling. She had a 104-degree temperature for over SIX HOURS yesterday, but refused to go to the hospital because she didn't want to ruin their vacation.
    On a good note, she's feeling much better and is just waiting to be released. (Thanks for listening - just had to get it out!)
    Sorry about your mom. But don't leave! We'd miss you too much.

    "We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

  16. #13006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm getting worried about Bobbie. She's always been lactose intolerant and susceptible to constipation since she was a baby. Now she's been a vegetarian for over a year now and she's suddenly developed worse digestive problems. Soon after eating she gets serious abdominal cramps and often has diarrhea. She has an appointment on Monday. Maybe it's not related to her diet, but I strongly suspect it is.
    Maybe a wheat or soy intolerance? I think if you suddenly increase those in your diet, you can develop and intolerance to both.

    ---

    I'm sorry Bridget. Everyone is different but for me it took over a year before I felt any closure about my mom's passing... I still think of her every single day, so many times a day. Having Abbey was probably the biggest turning point for me in overcoming my grief.

    ---

    I hope this thread/board doesn't go away. It's one of the only places I feel comfortable on APA.



    lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

  17. #13007
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    I am exhausted; I can't wait til we are moved in to our new house! I would not advise anyone to move while they were 9 months pregnant!

  18. #13008
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I hope this thread/board doesn't go away. It's one of the only places I feel comfortable on APA.
    Me too. This is the only place I know I can come and get support. Without this secular thread/board, I wouldn't have a reason to come here any more.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  19. #13009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm getting worried about Bobbie. She's always been lactose intolerant and susceptible to constipation since she was a baby. Now she's been a vegetarian for over a year now and she's suddenly developed worse digestive problems. Soon after eating she gets serious abdominal cramps and often has diarrhea. She has an appointment on Monday. Maybe it's not related to her diet, but I strongly suspect it is.

    That sounds a lot like Dan's problems. They got worse after his last deployment. He was diagnosed with IBS. I think that's just a catch all for stomach issues that the have no idea about.

  20. #13010
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Thanks for the thoughts for my mom! She was released last night and is doing so much better. She has another procedure on Monday to get the stint removed, but she says she feels 100% right now.

    Chrissy, I hope Bobbie gets some answers. Stomach troubles = no fun.

  21. #13011
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Oh and I've got a corned beef cooking right now. It's my first time cooking one... hopefully it tastes as good as it smells!

  22. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Oh and I've got a corned beef cooking right now. It's my first time cooking one... hopefully it tastes as good as it smells!
    YUM!!! Thats one of my favorite meals!


    I confess I just gave the girls a bath, and Audri kept farting in the tub... They were SO rank I would have sworn she actually pooped... but she thought it was the funniest thing, and kept laughing her head off!

  23. #13013
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts for my mom! She was released last night and is doing so much better. She has another procedure on Monday to get the stint removed, but she says she feels 100% right now.
    I'm glad she's feeling better!!

    Conner likes to ask me if I farted when we're in a store. He seems to think it's hilarious. If I say no, he'll practically yell, 'Yes you did! You farted Mommy!!' so I learned to just say, "yes I did" even when I didn't.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  24. #13014
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm glad she's feeling better!!

    Conner likes to ask me if I farted when we're in a store. He seems to think it's hilarious. If I say no, he'll practically yell, 'Yes you did! You farted Mommy!!' so I learned to just say, "yes I did" even when I didn't.

  25. #13015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm glad she's feeling better!!

    Conner likes to ask me if I farted when we're in a store. He seems to think it's hilarious. If I say no, he'll practically yell, 'Yes you did! You farted Mommy!!' so I learned to just say, "yes I did" even when I didn't.
    Okay that is hilarious!!!

  26. #13016
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,520

    Default

    Hey you guys? I just want to say how glad I am to know you and be able to have funny and sad and mad and triumphant conversations whenever I feel like it. You have really made my APA experience better.

    And no, this isn't a prelude to anything. I am just feeling exceptionally grateful.


  27. #13017
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Hey you guys? I just want to say how glad I am to know you and be able to have funny and sad and mad and triumphant conversations whenever I feel like it. You have really made my APA experience better.

    And no, this isn't a prelude to anything. I am just feeling exceptionally grateful.
    I feel the same way and I can't help but wonder what you are privy to right now...

    I love this thread.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  28. #13018
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,520

    Default

    See, that speculation was what I was trying to avoid. This appreciation is stemming from the thread in Random and everyone's comments about the rooms that matter to them. It made me think about this room and all the friends I have here and how nice it is to have this place.


  29. #13019
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,951

    Default

    I really do think this is a fabulous room. I had to point that out in that other thread.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  30. #13020
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,951

    Default

    Double post. Sorry.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 08-12-2010 at 11:09 PM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •