Page 432 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3323824224304314324334344424825329321432 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,960 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

1. Default

Your kids are so sweet Bridget!!! They've gotta get it from you, cause no way that comes from your dbf

Oh great, hanta virus. Something else to worry about.

I always try to remember 'if something can be misunderstood, it will be'

That reminds me of something a friend posted on Facebook today:

http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/0...y_is_a_sin.jpg
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

BTW, happy birthday Jenny!

Those facebook conversations are great. Ashley, I laughed outloud at that. I wish I could think of clever things to say in the face of what I view as ignorance but I just get upset.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Those facebook conversations are great. Ashley, I laughed outloud at that. I wish I could think of clever things to say in the face of what I view as ignorance but I just get upset.
    Me too, ugh.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

shutterbird Guest

I confess I'm so excited! I was scheduled to go home to visit my family on Sept 1st. I was just surfing around online and decided to check out the airline website. I found out that I could change my already purchased flight to NONSTOP (I chose the wrong one at first), and a week earlier and only have to pay $6 - the difference in fare. WOW.

I called my mom and we plan on surprising my dad. He's so excited for Lore and I to come home... he's going to freak. We surprised my mom last year - got her SO good.

shutterbird Guest

And OH SNAP! I love that girl's response.

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    That reminds me of something a friend posted on Facebook today:

http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/0...y_is_a_sin.jpg
    Cool friend. I like her.
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

Bridget, you really do deserve so much better. Just in the way he talks about you to his friends shows a total lack of respect for you and frankly, it turns my stomach. If I overheard a conversation like that, I know I'd invite dh to leave immediately. Very loudly, and while he was still on the phone with his buddy. I wouldn't tolerate it and I really don't know how you do it. You're a much stronger woman than I.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess I'm so excited! I was scheduled to go home to visit my family on Sept 1st. I was just surfing around online and decided to check out the airline website. I found out that I could change my already purchased flight to NONSTOP (I chose the wrong one at first), and a week earlier and only have to pay $6 - the difference in fare. WOW.

I called my mom and we plan on surprising my dad. He's so excited for Lore and I to come home... he's going to freak. We surprised my mom last year - got her SO good.
    How exciting!!

And those FB posts were great!!

Wahh...the one night my inlaws decide to have Josh over for the night, we go out to drink and have a snack and I get a tummy ache. So much for having a fun quiet night.
    (and yes I will be paying for this tomorrow in my diet when I figure out how many calories spinach dip and chips and 3 mixed drinks was)
    Dude, I was talking to DH and I didn't hear something he said. I said "What?" and he looked at me and blinked like I was an idiot. I said what's the matter? He said "Well I said it loud and clear and you didn't hear me"
    So okay, whatever. Say it again or don't say it at all if it wasn't worth it.
    Respect...what happened to it? So later I was sitting on the couch moaning in pain from my tummy ache and DH goes "well I'm gonna watch my anime and relax until you feel better" uh, thanks.

He'd hate me, I'm hard of hearing (too many years blasting my walkman ) so I'm always saying, "Huh?" or "What?"

I think I have wax in my ears or something. If I can't see someone's lips, I have a hard time understanding them. That's one reason I hate talking on the phone. I have to close my eyes and really concentrate.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I think I have wax in my ears or something. If I can't see someone's lips, I have a hard time understanding them. That's one reason I hate talking on the phone. I have to close my eyes and really concentrate.
    I can't understand my sister at all on the phone, she talks really fast. I have to talk to her in person.
    It's pretty normal to hear better when you see sombody's lips. That's how babies learn language, which is why Baby Einstein caused delays in speech, since the voice tracks never were played with faces/moving lips.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

I've always read people lips, and I can hear just fine. I think it's because I have a hard time looking at people in the eye when I talk to them. It makes me really uncomfortable. I always look at the mouth.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, it's pure manipulation on your dbf's part. Women feel guilty and tend to backtrack if they're accused of being a nag or controlling, because we're taught from a very young age that being bossy is bad. He should thank his lucky stars that he has you, and should tell all of his friends how wonderful you are.

And yes, grocery shopping with three seems insurmountable. I did it with the twins quite a bit, but I can't find a good cart that is compatible with all of my children and an entire week's worth of groceries. I am very happy that it has become our family's routine to go grocery shopping all together every Saturday morning before we do any fun outings.

I don't hear as well unless I'm looking directly at someone's lips either. Totally normal, but certainly it's gotten worse as I've gotten older.

Kim, I hope your trip is wonderful!

One of our friend is an orthopedic surgeon and he stopped by yesterday and I had him check out my hip. I had a lot of pelvic girdle pain when I was pregnant and I thought it would be better after delivery, and it's not. Well, the original pain is gone but I have a new pain. Turns out there was inflammation and compensatory tendon and muscle tightening, and now one of my legs is almost an inch shorter than the other, which is continuing to put pressure on my hip socket. The doctor didn't know how to pop everything back into place, and he offered to bring a cortisone injection on his next visit but I might have to see a chiropractor. I'm scared! I have heard such nightmare stories from some of my patients who almost died from chiropractic manipulations.

Oh, Lydia! Can you go to a physical therapist instead? Disclaimer! I'm don't have faith in chiropractors! PT is beneficial and you are working on strengthening and stretching your own muscles and tendons. It just seems a bit more organic and specific to the problem than the chiro treatments I have had done, which always involve cracking your neck and slamming forcefully into your twisted torso, no matter what is wrong with you.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Katy, you bring up a very good point. I have no faith in chiropractors either, and don't think it's good medicine or regulated enough or evidence-based. PT might be just the answer, but my problems are specifically resulting from a change in location of some of my parts.

Could having an insert in your shoes help?

I'm not fond of chiro's either though know others who do find them helpful. If you do go that way, could you find someone you know who has a REALLY good one they recommend?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    I've always read people lips, and I can hear just fine. I think it's because I have a hard time looking at people in the eye when I talk to them. It makes me really uncomfortable. I always look at the mouth.
    Me too...I actually have been trying to make more of an effort with eye contact lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanna(h) View Post
    I can't understand my sister at all on the phone, she talks really fast. I have to talk to her in person.
    It's pretty normal to hear better when you see sombody's lips. That's how babies learn language, which is why Baby Einstein caused delays in speech, since the voice tracks never were played with faces/moving lips.
    Oh yeah? I never watched any of those videos with Josh.

Lydia, have you tried an osteopath? They're much more reliable and medically sound, in my opinion, than chiropractors. They're "real doctors" and their strategies are soundly based in physiology and not hocuspocus.

I've had very good luck with mine helping me with my pelvic issues, during and after pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanna(h) View Post
    Well, sort of. Babies can distinguish features of the sound of their native language at only a few days old. But facial expressions are a big part of it, although I suspect it's the reciprocal interactions. That's what is missing in baby videos and why young children don't learn from them. Blind babies don't have significantly more trouble learning to speak than sighted babies, so it isn't just lip movement.

I have trouble talking on the phone sometimes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Me too...I actually have been trying to make more of an effort with eye contact lately.

Oh yeah? I never watched any of those videos with Josh.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Lydia, I'm not crazy about chiropractors either but there are some gentle ones out there. An osteo is a good idea.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I loved going to the osteo!

I dreamed last night that I was doing sit-ups and I was thinking to myself "should I be doing sit-ups at 9 months pregnant?" LOL

How on earth did you get to be 9 months pregnant already????

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    If we ever meet irl, I'll keep that in mind and keep licking my lips suggestively. Or in a manner that suggests I'm of limited intelligence. It's open to interpretation. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    One of our friend is an orthopedic surgeon and he stopped by yesterday and I had him check out my hip. I had a lot of pelvic girdle pain when I was pregnant and I thought it would be better after delivery, and it's not. Well, the original pain is gone but I have a new pain. Turns out there was inflammation and compensatory tendon and muscle tightening, and now one of my legs is almost an inch shorter than the other, which is continuing to put pressure on my hip socket. The doctor didn't know how to pop everything back into place, and he offered to bring a cortisone injection on his next visit but I might have to see a chiropractor. I'm scared! I have heard such nightmare stories from some of my patients who almost died from chiropractic manipulations.
    I'm not a fan of 'cracker-practors' either and have never been, but my brother has had serious hip-pain issues and has gone on 2 or 3 occasions and felt immense relief that lasted for months. If it were me, I'd definitely seek out all other alternatives, but just based on my brother's relief I wouldn't necessarily count one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    How on earth did you get to be 9 months pregnant already????
    seriously!! It seems like everyone's pregnancies go by so fast!

Sunday night, early Monday morning I had to take Jessica to the ER again for abdominal pain. It was severe enough to have her doubled over and crying. After blood work and a cat scan, they determined she has small cysts on her ovaries and kidneys, and one likely ruptured. I told her for being my healthiest child, she's certainly making up for it this summer.

We didn't get home till after 7 am, so I stayed home from work yesterday.

Aww, poor Jessica.

I went to a chiropractor when I was 17. I had a pinched nerve in my back. Pains would shoot down from my back through my leg and the leg would give out on me. I went in and he said I had the problem of one leg being longer than the other. Three adjustments and I haven't dealt with it since.