Page 431 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3313814214294304314324334414815319311431 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,930 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I confess vacuuming out the van has to be one of my top most dreaded chores. I absolutely abhor doing it.
    I agree! What do you use to vacuum them? I only have the one upright and no plugs outside so vacuuming my SUV seems impossible...
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

They have vacuums outside the car washes at most places here. I need to do it too...there is so much sand in my back seat LOL

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    They have vacuums outside the car washes at most places here. I need to do it too...there is so much sand in my back seat LOL
    Now why the hell didn't I think of this before

The last time I took my car to get an oil change they vacuumed the seats and floor boards! They didn't vacuum the back though and that desperately needs to be done.

But knowing me....it won't get done.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Good luck Shannah (or is it Shanna? I'm so confused!)

We went to Gay Pride today! It was super awesome.

Going out for drinks tonight in the first time in a bajillion years. Trying to convince DH to come with. I have nothing to wear though...ahh!
    I love the Queer Proms I went to when I was young enough to go. But I never liked our Gay Pride stuff. It was like everyone was trying to hard to be these huge exaggerated stereotypes just to make the conservative community angry. It wasn't about pride so much as it was trying to rub everybody the wrong way so they could complain more about everyone being "homophobic"

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I confess vacuuming out the van has to be one of my top most dreaded chores. I absolutely abhor doing it.
    When I was Conner's age I thought vacuuming was sooo much fun. Of course I probably made things harder rather than helping, so who knows how that would work.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    I confess I lurk in here way more than I should!
    Post more then!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Post more then!
    I'll certainly try

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    I agree! What do you use to vacuum them? I only have the one upright and no plugs outside so vacuuming my SUV seems impossible...
    I used my upright.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanna(h) View Post
    When I was Conner's age I thought vacuuming was sooo much fun. Of course I probably made things harder rather than helping, so who knows how that would work.
    Conner helped vacuum the floor mats. I had them all laying out on the grass and ended up with 2 vacuums because the 1st one I took out was plugged up. Rich unplugged it while I was vacuuming the van, so by the time I got to the floor mats it was ready for Conner to use. Sydney did the windows and dash stuff for me and then had the van brought around the back and washed it by hand. I owe her $5

I don't go to the car wash unless it's to drive through. The last time I tried to vacuum there, they didn't suck any better than my own vacuum at home and someone tried to hit me up for money. It made me nervous & I never went back.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I just had my car cleaned at a full service wash and they vacuumed the carpets for me. I hate doing it too.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I confess there's a mouse living in my brand new freakin' SUV. DH thinks it got in there in his golf bag, or something (we have mice in the garage). Ew.

Ick!
    DH found a mouse one morning. He said it was playing dead and the cats were poking it.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I just had my car cleaned at a full service wash and they vacuumed the carpets for me. I hate doing it too.
    I was thinking about that as I was cleaning mine out today. Around here, it's $75-100 for a recon, depending on the vehicle size I think. Very worth it, imo. They do it up as if they are putting it on the lot for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess there's a mouse living in my brand new freakin' SUV. DH thinks it got in there in his golf bag, or something (we have mice in the garage). Ew.
    I just shuddered at the thought of having a mouse scurry across you as you're driving. I hope you get it.

Missy, that was EXACTLY what I told DH. I'm afraid I might freak out.

Oh god, just imagining a mouse climbing on my shoulder while driving freaks me out.

I would love to get my car detailed somewhere but I just can't justify spending the money on it

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

My mom used to get mice living in her car all the time. She eventually decided that it was because she had a gray, mouse-colored car and she wanted to trade it in for a red car. I have an idea that she wasn't totally serious, and it had a lot to do with the thousands of mice living in the house and garage instead of the color of her car.

I would be freaked out that the mouse would chew/ruin very important car parts, which could cause wrecks, or even just cause a lot of expensive of damage in a new car.
    The idea of the mouse scurrying across me isn't as scary as how I might react and what damage that could cause.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Despite all the mice, my mom never had one scurry over her in the car. They did, however, crawl into the hubcaps and die a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I'm huge mouse-sissy. We found a dead one in the garage in an old box of stuff and I made DH tape the box shut and throw it away with everything in it, then wash his hands like 5 times. That was after a screamed my head off and the neighbors came over to find out what was going on, then laugh at me.

I would be refusing to drive the car by now.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I had a mouse scurry over me in bed one night. I literally jumped up screaming my head off. Rich laughed at me, thinking it was a dream. A few nights later he found it squished between the mattress (it was a waterbed) and side board.

You ladies are totally disgusting me with all this mouse talk. Ew!!!!

When I was at my mom's house a couple weeks ago I saw a mouse and it really freaked me out. I hate rodents, though mice are rodents that don't bother me as much as squirrels and rats. My mom has a very I want to say nasty, but I'll say unkempt house. She has a lot of those big waterbug roaches, which are rare to see in OH but she has a ton of them. While I was spraying raid on 2 of them in her kitchen, the spray must have scared a mouse and it ran across the counter and made me scream. She and my brother just laughed at me because they think I'm like above them or something since I don't have mice at my house. But even in OH it is rare to have mice in the house in the summer and I didn't want to just tell her that she is nasty and needs to clean her house.

But now I keep thinking about that disgusting mouse running across the counter. I didn't eat anything else there, and bought fast food for the remaining 3 days we were there and probably gained 5 pounds. Mice are so yuck.

Erin

Agreed, mice are yucky (unless they are pet mice and in that case, they are just cute!) I saw a rat once go down a sewage drain when we were in one of the big cities close to here....it was as big as a cat! Eeeeew!

I have the worst heartburn EVER. I'm taking zantac AND tundra and still feel like my throat is on fire. This is going to get old fast.

Are mice a sign of being dirty? I thought they just come in looking for food.

Mice have nothing to do with dirty. Our garage is cleaner than many people's houses. They're field mice. It's warm inside, there's food.

Mice are not a sign of being dirty, but they can make it dirty where they are by providing poo, pee, and chewing things up. And don't forget Hanta Virus. My parents' house is so overrun with mice that even after vacuuming multiple times in multiple different directions, Claire fell down in the living room and resurfaced with 4 pieces of mouse poo stuck to the drool on her face. She was just under a year, and dh and I were totally appalled.

No mouse would ever survive around the perimeters of our house. Our cat is swift.
    But that does mean me have a mouse body to contend with about once a week or so.

Sorry about the heartburn Stash. Are you taking the extra strength zantac? That was the only thing that would work for me.

I confess that I feel really alone sometimes. And I'm good at being alone but then I think why the hell am I with anyone then? Friday night my dad invited us to this band on the rooftop of the terrace overlooking a lake in the town where he lives. I told dbf about it a week ahead of time but he made no indication of wanting to come and I don't even try to convince him anymore because he's not into it, it's always more fun without him. But then I call him while we are there and he's "having drinks" with his buddy. I ask him how he's getting home since he's drinking and he can't drive and he tells me that he was just going to stay overnight since he assumed I'd be staying over night at my dads. I go to my dad's twice a week and have never spent the night. Ever. So when he finally drags his arse home that night (got a ride) I hear him on the phone with his friend the next day and his friend is saying asking him if he got in trouble. Like I'm this ogre or something. I asked dbf if his friend knows the whole story behind why I am suspicious all the time. If his friend knows that he lies to me all the time. If his retired friend with no children knows that I work 50 hours a week and do 80% of our outings alone with our kids. Fluck him. And dbf makes himself out to be the victim. Like, oh poor me, Bridget doesn't let me do anything. When in reality he does whatever the hell he wants whenever he wants.

I get the whiner award today.

Oh, AND I'm about to have 3! THREE. I cannot imagine doing the grocery shopping trip I did today with THREE.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Thanks, dude.
    I'm a steaming pile of hormones today.

On a happier note, Savana told me at breakfast today that when she gets older, she is going to cook every meal for me since I cook every meal for her.
    She also came up to me a few weeks ago while I was folding clothes and said, "Mom, I'm sorry you always have to be working on stuff." She rocks.