Page 429 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3293794194274284294304314394795299291429 ... LastLast
Results 12,841 to 12,870 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Gyros don't have to be lamb. I love lamb...but the one time my husband tried a lamb burger it literally made him sick, so now he can't even stand the smell.

Stacy, I'm 15 1/2 weeks. I cannot for the life of me put a ticker in my siggy.

I don't care for lamb meat. It has an odd taste to me.

And Stacy, I totally agree with you about why so many marriages fail.
    Last edited by Bridget; 08-05-2010 at 11:59 AM.

I love lamb. My husband won't eat it (baby animals). I've found a solution - good goat meat. Sounds gross, tastes great. Sustainable, too.

I like rabbit & squirrel meat. I've never had lamb or goat, but I don't suppose I'd dislike them.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I love lamb. My husband won't eat it (baby animals). I've found a solution - good goat meat. Sounds gross, tastes great. Sustainable, too.
    To me, lamb tastes a lot like beef, so we eat it occasionally in shepherds pies or sunday dinners.

Lamb to me seems to be more greasy....and I just cannot handle greasy food.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I ate lamb last night. Icelandic lamb is so good! The sheep live in the mountains, basically marinating themselves by eating wild thyme.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Lamb to me seems to be more greasy....and I just cannot handle greasy food.
    See and to me, there's a difference between greasy (oil) and animal fatty. I LOVE grilled fatty meats - chops, steaks, you name it, with crunchy bits of fat and skin and I AM SUCH A CARNIVORE.

9. Default

These gyros were a lamb/beef combo. They were DELICIOUS! lol...

I am now looking online to see if I can find some place around here that sells BIG bags of those Sweet Potato Tortilla chips because they were also delicious!! (Made by a company called "Food Should Taste Good")

Vegetarian + Pregnant= all this meat talk has me close to barfing. Sorry guys.

I confess I'm sick of this place. There are mega churches and billboards asking you to "come walk with Jesus" around every freaking corner. Maybe it makes me seem geo-centric (is that even a word?) but I didn't think places were actually like this, and now I'm starting realize this is what a lot of the country is like.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

There are a few billboards around here, but not many.

12. Default

I confess I have an interview tomorrow for a place that I just dropped my resume off with about an hour ago!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    Vegetarian + Pregnant= all this meat talk has me close to barfing. Sorry guys.

I confess I'm sick of this place. There are mega churches and billboards asking you to "come walk with Jesus" around every freaking corner. Maybe it makes me seem geo-centric (is that even a word?) but I didn't think places were actually like this, and now I'm starting realize this is what a lot of the country is like.
    Duuude. I live in Utah. There are billboards everywhere, churches every corner. The ENTIRE county closes on Sunday. Costco and walmart are the only things open. I want to move somewhere godless.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    See and to me, there's a difference between greasy (oil) and animal fatty. I LOVE grilled fatty meats - chops, steaks, you name it, with crunchy bits of fat and skin and I AM SUCH A CARNIVORE.
    Yeah I had a sensitive stomach before and even more so far the gastric bypass. Even though much less than it was, I still can't handle something really fatty and greasy OR super high in sugar.
    I don't like most fried things (except chicken fingers, fries, mozz. cheese sticks)....I don't like bacon, I don't like skin on the meat, I don't like things like salad dressings, sausages, cream cheese (only a little once in a while), sour cream, cream soups, anything other than skim milk, don't have a huge sweet tooth.....it's amazing I'm not thinner than a size 24.
    I need to lay off the pasta I think....LOVE pasta, popcorn, tomatoes, cheese.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess I have an interview tomorrow for a place that I just dropped my resume off with about an hour ago!!!
    Yeah!!!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Don't know that I have seen much in the way of church billboards around here. People are church people....at least enough are but I think that we have a lot of Lutheran.....not a lot of the evangelical or whatever that is.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    Good luck!!!

Sorry AbbeysMom.
    I confess I took Josh to a children's gym place that shows movies some days. I dropped him off and as soon as I left I felt guilty. Plus, I couldn't find the Starbucks that my GPS said was there, so I went to Borders, ordered a drink and walked around. I found that 3 Kittens book Gru reads in Despicable Me so I bought that. LOL
    I need to plan better next time...find a spa nearby or something

mmm you guys are making me hungry.

On the marriage thing, my marriage is good now but it's taken an incredible amount of work to get there. Don't regret tjat. I agree that we aren't taught to have healthy marriages. We're fed all this romantic crap and that only goes so far. Marriage only works if both partners are 100% willing and able to do the work to make it a success. If one partner isn't, the other can't do all the work for them.

That said, I slept on the couch last night because I didn' want to sleep alone in our bed.

That's great about the job interview!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Last edited by intactivstmom; 08-06-2010 at 04:08 PM.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

Hehe

That is just awesome!

Bill Maher did a funny reading of A purposeful driven life by Rick Warren.....Bill's big thing was always...yeah but HOW do you know.....
    Well that and referring to an imaginary friend.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

That cartoon is hilarious!!

I have to admit I am so POed at DH. I just overheard him saying to Oscar, while they were doing preschool lessons, "if you don't sit still and finish this activity then you'll have to go to SCHOOL" like it were some kind of PUNISHMENT. A, we don't punish when we're learning. B, school as a punishment even if we did? Dude we may actually SEND him to school some day if it makes sense and what I want him thinking he's done something WRONG to be SENT there?

He usually has so much good sense, don't know WTF has gotten into him today. And then when I came out and said "mama and daddy need to talk for a minute, buddy" DH totally laid into me that I've been attacking "everything" about his parenting lately. Okay yeah, I'm 7 months pregnant and crabby but I have NOT been attacking "everything" and that was just a lame ass excuse to keep me from focusing on the real thing which was that he just used the "threat" of school as a punishment. After a lengthy discussion (fight on his part, he was all sorts of pissed off at ME) he seems to understand my point, but is clearly still mad at me. Mad at ME?

I'd be incredibly upset too. Is it just a man thing that they try to switch the topic away from what they said or did when they've crossed the line?

How is it that they can spin it like that? Dan always does that with me too. Drives me insane!

Story.of.my.life.
    Stacy, that would have upset me too. I think sometimes parents get so caught up in what they want the outcome of their tactics to be, they forget that the journey is where the lesson lies. I don't think I will ever, ever, ever get dbf to understand that. And yes, every time I bring it up to him he tells me all I do is come down on his parenting. Well, sorry dude. When you tell Savana she's going to lose every toy she has if she kicks the back of your seat in the car (yup) I'm going to say something.

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shanna(h) View Post
    This made me lol hard.
    edited
    I got a chuckle out of that. TFS
    Last edited by DucksLikeRain; 08-06-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: edited to remove quote which was edited by the OP

DH does the same thing. I used to think he was doing it on purpose to confuse and derail me but now I think men and women's minds just work in totally different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    DH does the same thing. I used to think he was doing it on purpose to confuse and derail me but now I think men and women's minds just work in totally different ways.
    This! I haven't run into this with a kid....but we sure have with the dog! She has been good practice. We just don't always do things the same way.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36